Mette Omar Ahmed Sosseh

Copenhagen, Denmark

#104 Jul 7, 2012
Why donīt u gals stick to the subject?????

The post was "The new Immigration Rules commencing 9th July 2012"

Plzzzz stay in focus.
Ljb

Nottingham, UK

#105 Jul 7, 2012
cumupence1 wrote:
@ ljb... i agree you are treated as you allow to be treated.... but the fact is sometimes you don't realise untill till late you are being treated badly.....
... I fully agree ..
mzamerika

Dallas, TX

#106 Jul 8, 2012
wow..so many stories. I posted my own story on the name and shame page..seeking insight an a bit of advice. Ive already dealt with the green card process in the States which is exhausting. (which he knows) so I have no intention of marrying him anytime soon..but I want to believe that he might be genuine. His name is Amadou Barry and he lives in Banjul. He is a Lance Corporal and works at the State House. if his name even blips on the radar, please let me know....

“The truth shall set you free.”

Since: Sep 11

Birmingham, UK

#107 Jul 8, 2012
mzamerika wrote:
wow..so many stories. I posted my own story on the name and shame page..seeking insight an a bit of advice. Ive already dealt with the green card process in the States which is exhausting.(which he knows) so I have no intention of marrying him anytime soon..but I want to believe that he might be genuine. His name is Amadou Barry and he lives in Banjul. He is a Lance Corporal and works at the State House. if his name even blips on the radar, please let me know....
hi i think you have posted your posts the oppersite threads you meant to, no problem, you can put his name in the cheaters thread to see if he rings any bells with any other ladies on the forum.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#108 Jul 8, 2012
stupid wrote:
sorry but i was one of them , im 50 and i did all the things you are chating about , visa , taxi , and a business, and now she will not go home , and its all running over in gambia , and im in court trying not to lose my home in the uk to her ? she only come for 4 weeks , and been here for 3 years now , scambian is right .
Report her to the home office for not genuine marriage. In Gambia man inherits everything woman has - so how come it would be other way round for you I dont understand, unless her father/brother/uncle works at divorce court there (may be, small country, big families:) It does not add up what you wrote here to me.

Location hidden

#109 Jul 8, 2012
Tutti K wrote:
i would like to see an end to the romanian gypsy types they dont intergrate with the wider society, they are a bloody menace with the begging, pickpocketing, shoplifting and credit scams, they dont care about laws and so come here because this courntry is soft on criminals and they all get free housing and benefits. makes my blood boil.
Tutti, Romane Gypsies are a special chapter of its own and many, many threads like this will never solve the problem. They travel all over Europe and claim benefits in numerous EU countries at the same time as well as at home, stealing along the way, and until there will be some way of dealing with it, which will fit into 'human rights rules', there will be no way to get them straight. I know of cases in EEU countries where councillors tried to deal with their problems - like alcoholism - so that children wouldn't suffer, but gypsy community put a complaint to Haag and won and EEU country was condemned as racist, by EU commission, UK government also as by others. Now they are here and I would like to see if UK government will come up with some better ideas or has enough money just to let it slide. Why they are the way they are is a very long story, including persecution of Gypsies by nazis as well as communists (for example also in Spain, not only EEU), so its a very sensitive issue and nobody wants to pick on it, I mean politically its a suicide. I feel most sorry for those Romane who are trying to live a normal life, to fit in and work, to make a new life for their children but have to face the wall of generalisations of public thanks to their fellow gypsies. I heard a story where a gypsy wife took her husband to divorce court (5 kids), from a very poor gypsy village, for infidelity and that he does not take care of her. He did not take care because after some fight went to prison, where he seen the light and when got out, found a job as a builder or labourer and was going to work for a week, coming back to village in middle of nowhere only for weekends, man build a proper house, clothed the kids, insisted they go to school. The woman complained he didn't stay with her at home to take care of her (!)- and be on benefits presumably - and even wanted to take the kids away - to get them to school - so she is lonely whole day at home. The top is, she found he had a 'white' girlfriend (as they call it there) what upset her. He had witnesses he cheated before. But, that was fine as those were also gypsy women, but she could not cope with him having a 'white' woman. They divorced as he also had enough but he cannot see the kids although legally he can, but her brothers would make a pulp out of him. Kids don't go to school. How can you do anything about the culture like that in middle of Europe, where they had been given all the possible help you can imagine, free housing, schooling, the lot. Its in the people and only time will tell and hopefully change that community. I am writing this just so next time you will pass them, think about them differently - because we are the blessed ones, I wouldn't want to have a life of those women for nothing....take care

Location hidden

#110 Jul 8, 2012
Ljb wrote:
<quoted text>Kuyateh
Jeez Ljb you trust people you dont know at all enough to give away the name of your bo you are not sure of, that is a very bad behaviour. You dont have to do what people ask you to do all the time, you know. Especially strangers. Well good luck with your relationship but if I was your Bakary I would be pretty upset to read my name on this forum and I would reconsider my feelings to you. Sorry for being harsh but the way some women here write about Gambian men, I certainly wouldn't want to be named here being a Gambian.....good luck whichever way honey, you are either phoney or very naive....take care

“Justice and Equality for all”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#111 Jul 8, 2012
LiveLoveLoveLife wrote:
<quoted text>Jeez Ljb you trust people you dont know at all enough to give away the name of your bo you are not sure of, that is a very bad behaviour. You dont have to do what people ask you to do all the time, you know. Especially strangers. Well good luck with your relationship but if I was your Bakary I would be pretty upset to read my name on this forum and I would reconsider my feelings to you. Sorry for being harsh but the way some women here write about Gambian men, I certainly wouldn't want to be named here being a Gambian.....good luck whichever way honey, you are either phoney or very naive....take care
LLLL - I totally agree. I would need to be 100% sure before I put anyone's name on a public forum as it could have huge repurcussions for many people. SO many people have common names and maybe there are even more similarities which forum readers can jump on and think it's the same person. I STILL have not outed a certain person because it could damage certain other people who are involved with him and it would be embarrassing for them to see the name for everyone to see. I won't elaborate any more but I personally would think long and hard if all I had were "doubts" and nothing concrete.
Ljb

London, UK

#112 Jul 8, 2012
LiveLoveLoveLife wrote:
<quoted text>Jeez Ljb you trust people you dont know at all enough to give away the name of your bo you are not sure of, that is a very bad behaviour. You dont have to do what people ask you to do all the time, you know. Especially strangers. Well good luck with your relationship but if I was your Bakary I would be pretty upset to read my name on this forum and I would reconsider my feelings to you. Sorry for being harsh but the way some women here write about Gambian men, I certainly wouldn't want to be named here being a Gambian.....good luck whichever way honey, you are either phoney or very naive....take care
Well you are not my bakary and I am neither fake or Nieve .. Just got nothing to hide .. There's people saying it sounds like the same man ... So there's the name and is it him or have any of you got anything on him no !!!

“just move to the left abit !!!”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#113 Jul 8, 2012
i undersrand what LLLL means... just because someone on here ask you his last name...almost demanding you kindof to post it... you dont have to...especially if you not sure about him and they just assumed it was the same person they knew... i must admit i was 110% sure before naming my fake.........
u have nothing to hide no but keep your things to yourself if you dont wanta give out info yet.
Ljb

London, UK

#114 Jul 8, 2012
cumupence1 wrote:
i undersrand what LLLL means... just because someone on here ask you his last name...almost demanding you kindof to post it... you dont have to...especially if you not sure about him and they just assumed it was the same person they knew... i must admit i was 110% sure before naming my fake.........
u have nothing to hide no but keep your things to yourself if you dont wanta give out info yet.
.. My husband isn't fake and I will only give out the information I want so obviously I wanted to .. I had no doubts until I came on this forum and I will leave it with none .. This forum is the reason I started to doubt but like he said put my name .and let's see !.. People are quick to jump on people on here thought you were here for good advice but it's just a place to cause trouble for people who have not been used .i have seen 2 of my husbands friends names on here .. One being mistaken for him .. I have also seen his generals name on here general lick .. Me and Bakz are happily married and so we stay that way .. I will be staying off this forum as I really have better things to do with my loveing Gambian husband who I loce with all my heart and no Nieve doesn't come into it .. Bye girls happy bickering !!
Ann77

UK

#115 Jul 8, 2012
Ljb wrote:
<quoted text>.. My husband isn't fake and I will only give out the information I want so obviously I wanted to .. I had no doubts until I came on this forum and I will leave it with none .. This forum is the reason I started to doubt but like he said put my name .and let's see !.. People are quick to jump on people on here thought you were here for good advice but it's just a place to cause trouble for people who have not been used .i have seen 2 of my husbands friends names on here .. One being mistaken for him .. I have also seen his generals name on here general lick .. Me and Bakz are happily married and so we stay that way .. I will be staying off this forum as I really have better things to do with my loveing Gambian husband who I loce with all my heart and no Nieve doesn't come into it .. Bye girls happy bickering !!
Good for u girl..as I hv said b4 not all Gambian Guys are the same and most on this site hv bad experiences but that dosent mean all relationships should go sour. Good luck to u and hv faith in ur marriage.

Location hidden

#116 Jul 8, 2012
i was the one to tell you not to doubt your man just because someone else says they think they know him & for no one to assume that your man is the one they know.. how many army men are in gambia. not all of us are into this bickering cr@p..its tedeous,tiresome and sometimes hatefull.very hypycritical & i cant understand how someone who has had a bad time with a manthink she can prowl on others on here wether i a good or bad relationship.most do give good advice as most have the same problems mainly steming from the cultural / reliious aspect of being with a gambian man.so if you proud of your relationship ljb...then good and so be it..... as with ALL men..us women shoud be carefull.... why should you stay awy from the forum cus of some bickering.. just simply reply to those u want to.x

Location hidden

#117 Jul 8, 2012
i mentioned MY fake ljb hun... never said yours was. totally different thing altogether....
Ljb

UK

#118 Jul 8, 2012
Ann77 wrote:
<quoted text>Good for u girl..as I hv said b4 not all Gambian Guys are the same and most on this site hv bad experiences but that dosent mean all relationships should go sour. Good luck to u and hv faith in ur marriage.
.... Thankyou and I totally agree .. My 9694first husband who had the same name as my second let me down big time I am only married to my second in a Muslim ceromony .. I have lost a big house in sukuta but I am not bitter I love the Gambia and I feel for people who have been used but it seems as soon as a coment is written negativity comes straight back to you I agree with you not every Gambian man is the same and feelings can develop when you connect in a good way .. I have been called fake for giving genuine names better than constantly moaning about someone then saying you want to protect their name lol you can't win on here .. But again thankyou and all the best to you :)
Ljb

UK

#119 Jul 8, 2012
cumupence1 wrote:
i mentioned MY fake ljb hun... never said yours was. totally different thing altogether....
.. You said I was either fake or Nieve .. Believe me I am neither !!!youvtold me putting my husbands name was bad behaviour .. Whys that ? He doesn't mind like I said none of us are fake and have nothing to hide and he definatly won't be reconsidering his feelings for me for it lol .. Take care
Ljb

UK

#120 Jul 8, 2012
Ljb wrote:
<quoted text>.. You said I was either fake or Nieve .. Believe me I am neither !!!youvtold me putting my husbands name was bad behaviour .. Whys that ? He doesn't mind like I said none of us are fake and have nothing to hide and he definatly won't be reconsidering his feelings for me for it lol .. Take care
This coment was meant for llll the person that wrote it not you I apologize

Location hidden

#121 Jul 8, 2012
couldn't your husband help you get your home back.. that would be great
Ljb

Nottingham, UK

#122 Jul 9, 2012
cumupence1 wrote:
couldn't your husband help you get your home back.. that would be great
... It is still mine I have all documents but it is joined to family land I built a wall to separate it but I don't to go there amoungst them ..I have considered going to a solicitor but it will cost and be hassle also my ex as his name on the documents also and as you no the man on Gambia gets everuthing even children on divorce so rather than drag this on I am Leting it go and starting afresh .. I am actually still friends with my ex .. He is a viza overstayer now and I am happy to have a fresh start with my new husband .. He as also told me to let it go .. But yes he did say if I insist he can hellp Gambian ways !!.. The family there were good to me I also don't want to stress them the father is old and their son also let them down basically .. I don't want to waste more money so I will more than likely let it go

Location hidden

#123 Jul 9, 2012
what is ur ex name....if u dont want to answer no problem hun. u can pm me me as not to out on here if you dont want. i am sure if he overstayer you can get him deported... they try to keep u friendly after they scam you for their own purpose. you more forgiving than me.i'd be a fire starter.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Gambia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
desperate old british women flock to gambia for... (Apr '13) 19 hr Humhainna 378
name and shame gambian love cheats (Jul '10) Mon Sandra B 3,423
Marriage at the Justice in Banjul (Jun '12) Mon paulfuller66 105
start of a relationship with a gambian man (Mar '13) Jan 25 corablimey 170
New group Jan 25 Jacqui 2
Jamicans More Agressive Than Gambian Hustlers (Dec '11) Jan 24 ALLEGRIA 297
gambian men (Apr '09) Jan 24 ALLEGRIA 1,295
More from around the web