Should I leave Sweden, racism?

Posted in the Sweden Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,044
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Asking

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 12, 2008
 

Judged:

8

5

4

I would probably be considered white in the US. I'm Greek and I have green eyes et c. But in Sweden people assume your an Arab and living of the society and commit crimes. I can't even enter bars. And quite frankly, I'm not very fond of being a minority.

Is it reason enough to leave Sweden?

Since: Apr 08

Jonsered, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 12, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Asking wrote:
I would probably be considered white in the US. I'm Greek and I have green eyes et c. But in Sweden people assume your an Arab and living of the society and commit crimes. I can't even enter bars. And quite frankly, I'm not very fond of being a minority.
Is it reason enough to leave Sweden?
Hi i am swedish. can i ask if you live in Stockholm?
In that case i would suggest that you move to GBG instead. I think there is a big dif.
Leaving Sweden

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Hi,
I know what it feels like to be a minority/immigrant in Sweden. Experienced that for several years. While it is true that you may find slight regional differences in peoples's hospitality within Sweden itself, the discrimination is always there. That applies even if you have a good job and pay lots of taxes.
I myself left for North America.....and I don't regret it. So if you really want to be treated equally in the society and not be regarded as a criminal all the time.....I suggest you to leave Sweden if you can do so.

Since: Apr 08

Jonsered, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 29, 2008
 
Leaving Sweden wrote:
Hi,
I know what it feels like to be a minority/immigrant in Sweden. Experienced that for several years. While it is true that you may find slight regional differences in peoples's hospitality within Sweden itself, the discrimination is always there. That applies even if you have a good job and pay lots of taxes.
I myself left for North America.....and I don't regret it. So if you really want to be treated equally in the society and not be regarded as a criminal all the time.....I suggest you to leave Sweden if you can do so.
i would love to go to Canada
Asking

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 30, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Leaving Sweden wrote:
Hi,
I know what it feels like to be a minority/immigrant in Sweden. Experienced that for several years. While it is true that you may find slight regional differences in peoples's hospitality within Sweden itself, the discrimination is always there. That applies even if you have a good job and pay lots of taxes.
I myself left for North America.....and I don't regret it. So if you really want to be treated equally in the society and not be regarded as a criminal all the time.....I suggest you to leave Sweden if you can do so.
Wow, yes Sweden is a great country but it's not possible for multi culturalism here. It's not the right environment, culture et c. It just doesn't work in Sweden.
Smitty

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 5, 2008
 

Judged:

7

3

2

Asking wrote:
I would probably be considered white in the US. I'm Greek and I have green eyes et c. But in Sweden people assume your an Arab and living of the society and commit crimes. I can't even enter bars. And quite frankly, I'm not very fond of being a minority.
Is it reason enough to leave Sweden?
Try wearing a cross so people don't mistake you for a muslim. Most people are sick of Islam. No other group of people has made so many enemies.
Good luck.

http://opinionjournal.com/editorial/040307can...
Asking

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 6, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Smitty wrote:
<quoted text>
Try wearing a cross so people don't mistake you for a muslim. Most people are sick of Islam. No other group of people has made so many enemies.
Good luck.
http://opinionjournal.com/editorial/040307can...
It would be to obvious and pathetic.
Wow

Troy, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 17, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

That sucks to hear. (However, I'm a black American. What you've experienced in Sweden is something I can experience in any country.) The good thing about Sweden--to me--is that it's nothing personal. They don't much like anyone but other Swedes.
pendler

Malmö, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 18, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Compared to its neighbor Denmark, Sweden is better. If you don't have a Danish name and send a resume, they assume you have a bone through your nose. Forget it, you won't get an interview. If you don't look danish, forget your qualifications -try something else. You will not get the job. These things are institutionalized and part of the office mentality there. They are also the first to scream and point fingers if not treated fairly in other countries and won't settle for anything less than the top job. Very strange. Anyway, go to North America. You will be treated more fairly there and on the basis of your qualifications and their need for an employee. Anyway, I hope I have saved you from years of wasting your time, effort and education.
Nadz

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey, I actually AM a Muslim but I live in Australia. I find it quite unfair that you are subjected to all of that discrimination. I've heard that Sweden is a beautiful country, but yes, there is a problem of discrimination there. The good thing is that it's declining!=)
Now about you leaving Sweden... I guess it depends on the extent of the problem and the amount of tolerance you possess. If you are finding it really hard, then maybe it would be a good idea for you to move somewhere else, but of course that would again depend on affordability and how much you like the Sweden. It is a large decision, and I hope you make the choice that benefits you and gives you a sense of comfort and safety. If it was me, I would stay in Sweden, probably because I'm so used to everyone hating me for the religion I follow, even in good old Australia. But since you aren't a Muslim, and it is extremely unfair that you get treated like one, it might be best for you to move. However, I don't want to make the decision for you, it is entirely yours to make. Just know that you have my sympathy, I know what it feels like. If you stay, just try to focus on the positives of your decision, and likewise if you decide to leave. All I can selfishly wish for is that your heart becomes a little softer towards us Muslims and you realise what really faces us in today's world.
All the best,
A friend.
George Karmios

Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 31, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Asking from Stockholm yiasou re patrida. You are welcome to come and live and work in Cyprus. But for Christ's sake DO NOT GO TO A MOSLEM COUNTRY. Besides being backward, undemocratic and uncivilized they are also very authoritarian. A friend of mine is an engineer and has been in Dubai since 1971. In 1990 his local partner asked him to apply for United Arab Emirates citizenship. The applicant has to have a moslem name, only moslems can become citizens. So he was told to convert to moslem (what a joke) and so left matters there and is now retired and leaving in Cyprus. Apparently, all moslem countries can only accept citizenship applications from moslems.
I wonder if our friend Nadz from Sydney is still a holder of a moslem passport or had the fortune of Australian citizenship.
Doc Holiday

Karlstad, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 1, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Asking wrote:
I would probably be considered white in the US. I'm Greek and I have green eyes et c. But in Sweden people assume your an Arab and living of the society and commit crimes. I can't even enter bars. And quite frankly, I'm not very fond of being a minority.
Is it reason enough to leave Sweden?
Dear!

I am originally from Afghanistan and came to Sweden as 4 year old kid. I grew up in Malmö. After finishing med school in Lund, I m working as a dr in Småland.

I am young, handsome, attractive, very smart, ambitious, law abiding, paying huge sums in taxes and providing excellent service for the Swedish society. My biggest problem, which makes me to seriously consider leaving Sweden, is the discrimination. In the hospital I m respected and as soon as I leave the hospital I get the worst treatment ever. I have long stopped going out since most of the time, I never made it to the night clubs due to the night club guards.

When I leave Sweden, it will be Sweden´s loss, since they will lose an excellent young dr, tax revenues and I will encourage my siblings who also are in the same field. Can you imagine how stupid Sweden and the Swedish society is?

Kindly

Doc Holiday
Dan

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 7, 2008
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, yes Sweden is a great country but it's not possible for multi culturalism here. It's not the right environment, culture et c. It just doesn't work in Sweden.
Well, seeing as multiculturalism (i hate that word) goes against nature and the evolution that had taken place over thousands of years, such policies never would work because it isn't natural. Third worlders have been imported into Europe for cheap labour, and nothing more. I can see Western Europe ending up like the Balkans if things don't change in the near future! We're already seeing segregation and street violence between the diffrent ethnic communities.

In my country you can go to some English cities in the North of England, and they literally look like Baghdad. There isn't one single white Anglo Englishman or women in sight because they have all fled (white flight) to the countryside.
Nadz

Thagoona, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 10, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Ah.. I was BORN here in Australia, so I've got an Australian citizenship.
And no Muslim passport.
I disagree with what Muslim countries do probably even more than you do. I think they overreact and are quite hypocritical to be honest.
But does that give anyone the right to generalise that ALL Muslims have those qualities?
We're not monsters...
Or terrorists for that matter.
Really.
We're not hiding bombs or mutations under those scarves of ours.
George Karmios

Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 12, 2008
 

Judged:

8

5

4

Dear Nadz, I thank you for your impartial comment, and I am sure being born in a civilized country where peoples' rights and democracy are respected you will do something positive for the record. We all know that islam means backwardness, lying, hypocricy, cheating, destruction, murder, beheadings, stoning to death, public executions, and other types of barbarism,
etc. etc.
So am I right to assume that you and your family members and friends are going to sign petitions and send to moslem embassies or governments and ask them to behave in civilized manners like that
you are accustomed to in Australia?
I am really dying to see your response to my blog.
God bless and protect you from the evil.
Telmark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 12, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Asking writes;
"I would probably be considered white in the US. I'm Greek and I have green eyes et c."

Have you considered moving to Greece? Otherwise, accept the fact that every country and or region on the planet will have some degree of the problems you mention. This is just one of the facts of life.

We bid you good luck on your search.
Nadz

Thagoona, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 14, 2008
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Okay, one thing I want to point out: I agree that Muslim countries do the things you've listed: murder and lying etc. I agree with you completely. BUT, is it right to say that Islam ALLOWS it? You act like: They do it, therefore their religion must encourage it. Do people not sin in your eyes? Did you ever consider the option that what they are doing goes AGAINST our religion? I would HATE to live in a Muslim country. You're absolutely right, they do not respect people's rights and democracy. But that doesn't mean that Islam tells them to act like that, and rewards them if they do. They might rot in Hell, who knows? They're just living in the past, and doing what people in the past usded to do. They're governing a country how they used to hundreds of years ago. But think about it, hundreds of years ago, almost everything was corrupt, not only from a Muslim perspective. Look at the Middle Ages in Europe! We have improved from those times, but some Muslim countries have not - I don't see how that means that Islam encourages those ways. Islam is an Arabic word, and translated to English it means 'peace'. Those acts that you listed are not qualities of Islam, they are qualities of bad people, who come from EVERY religion. Are you saying that ONLY Muslims are hypocritical? Are you saying that ONLY Muslims lie? If a Christian person steals something, I am not going to assume that Christianity encourages stealing, I am going to assume that the person committed a sin! And I am in no way protecting what leaders of Muslim countries do, I am simply implying that Islam is against what they do. They go on about how they're doing it for God and their religion - it's lies. They sin and make it look like that's what Islam wants, and the media take advantage of that and spit out all this junk about what Islam is 'really like'.
And also, this sentence: "We all know that islam means backwardness, lying, hypocricy, cheating, destruction, murder..." made me laugh. Not everyone thinks like you.
And YES, of course I will sign petitions! It depends on what exactly the petition is asking, but if it is to change the corrupt ways of those countries, then I'm all for it!
God bless you too. But by 'the evil', you are wrong to imply that the evil is Islam.
bergsprangare

Stockholm, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 15, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Sweden is the last apartheid state in the world!!

According to research the judicial system is openly rasistic. The judges and lawyers are 95% ethnics swedes. The Police are 99% ethnic. In sweden the best place to be sick is in a cab..Yoy can be sure tht the driver is an unemployd doctor.

“TheGreatestFreed omisFromFear”

Since: Mar 08

Stockholm, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 15, 2008
 

Judged:

6

3

3

Telmark wrote:
Asking writes;
"I would probably be considered white in the US. I'm Greek and I have green eyes et c."
Have you considered moving to Greece? Otherwise, accept the fact that every country and or region on the planet will have some degree of the problems you mention. This is just one of the facts of life.
We bid you good luck on your search.
Is that so? Did you tell that to the native Indians when you robbed them..Funny blueyed white man..
PrimeTime

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 15, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Nadz wrote:
Okay, one thing I want to point out: I agree that Muslim countries do the things you've listed: murder and lying etc. I agree with you completely. BUT, is it right to say that Islam ALLOWS it?
Yes, it is right to say Islam allows it. That is a fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,044
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Sweden Forum right now

Search the Sweden Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Genetic and Environmental Influences Are Equall... Fri friend DUHZ it again 13
Mick Jagger plans Rolling Stones museum Jul 11 Back to Bachics 4
send all muslims out of europe now !!! (Mar '12) Jul 11 kkhan381 283
handväskor www.diybrands.co bra kvalitet, skor ... Jul 10 Vilia555 1
Motorcycle rules in sweden (Mar '13) Jul 8 the truth 38
Loan Jul 6 John 1
Why are Swedish people so ugly????????????? (Mar '13) Jul 5 KuramaYoko 12
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••