GOVIGAMA- Is It The Highest cast in srilanka?

Posted in the Sri Lanka Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of523
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pro- Mervin silwa

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 6, 2009
 
no.
Kurukulasooriya

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 6, 2009
 

Judged:

5

3

1

KURUKULASOORIYA

Ragama, Sri Lanka
I CHALLENGE ANNY ONE WHO CAN PROW THAT GOVIGAMA WAS THE HIGHEST CAST -SHOW US EVIDENT IN ANNY HISTORICAL BOOKS OR RUINS.(NOT IN MODERN HISTORY .)
IF ANNY ONE DO SO I BEND DOWN ON KNEES to be a FOOT CARPET IN THEIRS BEDROOM TO KEEP FOOT ON MY HEAD.
WHY GOVIGAMA PEOPLE TRY TO BE A SLAVE AS DIYAWADANA POST.DO YOU KNOW THE VEDDAS IN BINTHANNA ARE GOVIGAMA PEOPLE.
Jaydiwangsa

Hornsby, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 6, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Goyigama or Govigama are class 4 in caste system. They are rice farmers. In fact wheat farmers in North India. Goyi or Gehu means Wheat in North India. Goyigama share genetic structure of R30 with farmers of north india who are called JATs in Punjab and Haryana. They are class 4 over there as well. But certainly due to their robust health and nature have come to occupy class 1 position in caste hierarchy.
Kurukulasooriya wrote:
KURUKULASOORIYA
Ragama, Sri Lanka
I CHALLENGE ANNY ONE WHO CAN PROW THAT GOVIGAMA WAS THE HIGHEST CAST -SHOW US EVIDENT IN ANNY HISTORICAL BOOKS OR RUINS.(NOT IN MODERN HISTORY .)
IF ANNY ONE DO SO I BEND DOWN ON KNEES to be a FOOT CARPET IN THEIRS BEDROOM TO KEEP FOOT ON MY HEAD.
WHY GOVIGAMA PEOPLE TRY TO BE A SLAVE AS DIYAWADANA POST.DO YOU KNOW THE VEDDAS IN BINTHANNA ARE GOVIGAMA PEOPLE.
jayasooriya

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 8, 2009
 
Jaydiwangsa wrote:
Goyigama or Govigama are class 4 in caste system. They are rice farmers. In fact wheat farmers in North India. Goyi or Gehu means Wheat in North India. Goyigama share genetic structure of R30 with farmers of north india who are called JATs in Punjab and Haryana. They are class 4 over there as well. But certainly due to their robust health and nature have come to occupy class 1 position in caste hierarchy.
<quoted text>
explain more
Govigama

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

6

3

1

In recent history, many low-born Sinhalese have attempted to confuse the "Varna" caste-system of India with the Occupational caste-system of India.In Sri Lanka, rice cultivation is naturally given a high status because of it's noble nature. The "Karava" are pure Tamil South Indian fishermen who had recently migrated to Sri Lanka as hired soldiers. From their arrival here, they had to worshp the Govigama people and call them "Deviyan wahansa". They were never allowed to wear upper garments in the presence of the Govigama. Such people could rise up in society because of British occupation of our country. Ex: De Fonseka, Amarasuriya etc.... If a Karava tries to compare himself to a Govigama, it is like "an ant comparing himself to an elephant". All our kings since Vijaya, were of the Govi- Wanse. Karava were slaves. They have very long names becuase they tried even hundeds of years ago to show that they are great. But the true surya wansa Govigama are descending from the Shakyas of Buddha and the North Indian Aryans.
Govigama

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

7

3

1

Like the "Karava" tamils say they are "Kshatriya" and say that "Kurunegala" was the land of the Karava, they say that "Goyi" were wheat farmers. These Karava do not know Sinhala and are trying to confuse the Indian "Varna" system with our caste-system. Govi means rice-farmer. The king participated in the Wapmagul because he was Govigama. The Karava still have their "Kshatriya" Society meetings. But they are low-born and were never admitted to the Buddha Shashana until the 1800's during British rule. Govigama are true Kshatriya descending from the Indian royal families of Vijaya and Lord Buddha's Shakya families.
Lord Buddha has said that Low-caste people should not envy higher people. So I request the karava not to slay mud on our Govigama Sinhala culture.
Punc

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

so what cast are the tamils? shit cast?
Punc

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Govigama wrote:
Like the "Karava" tamils say they are "Kshatriya" and say that "Kurunegala" was the land of the Karava, they say that "Goyi" were wheat farmers. These Karava do not know Sinhala and are trying to confuse the Indian "Varna" system with our caste-system. Govi means rice-farmer. The king participated in the Wapmagul because he was Govigama. The Karava still have their "Kshatriya" Society meetings. But they are low-born and were never admitted to the Buddha Shashana until the 1800's during British rule. Govigama are true Kshatriya descending from the Indian royal families of Vijaya and Lord Buddha's Shakya families.
Lord Buddha has said that Low-caste people should not envy higher people. So I request the karava not to slay mud on our Govigama Sinhala culture.
I thik you are a moron also.
Govigama

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Tamils also have a Karava caste. But what you say is true, Punc, Tamils and Karava are "shit caste".
Govigama

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

If you are Karava, please see whether you do not find relations in Jaffna. Every Karava family is related to the Jaffna Tamils.
Paul Deraniyagala has discovered that the Karava originally had names like Perumal, and such. They were Hindus. If you see old Karava photos, men and women are dressed like Hindus. Karava people even have different marriage customs and such from the Goviwanse.
observer

Male, Maldives

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Govigama wrote:
If you are Karava, please see whether you do not find relations in Jaffna. Every Karava family is related to the Jaffna Tamils.
Paul Deraniyagala has discovered that the Karava originally had names like Perumal, and such. They were Hindus. If you see old Karava photos, men and women are dressed like Hindus. Karava people even have different marriage customs and such from the Goviwanse.
Caste is a self injected sedation.
Govigama

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 8, 2009
 
Caste-consciousness is a self injected sedation of the Low-caste people.
Govigama

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 8, 2009
 
Inferiority complex is a self injected sedation of the Low-castes.
Ranga

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Govigama wrote:
In recent history, many low-born Sinhalese have attempted to confuse the "Varna" caste-system of India with the Occupational caste-system of India.In Sri Lanka, rice cultivation is naturally given a high status because of it's noble nature. The "Karava" are pure Tamil South Indian fishermen who had recently migrated to Sri Lanka as hired soldiers. From their arrival here, they had to worshp the Govigama people and call them "Deviyan wahansa". They were never allowed to wear upper garments in the presence of the Govigama. Such people could rise up in society because of British occupation of our country. Ex: De Fonseka, Amarasuriya etc.... If a Karava tries to compare himself to a Govigama, it is like "an ant comparing himself to an elephant". All our kings since Vijaya, were of the Govi- Wanse. Karava were slaves. They have very long names becuase they tried even hundeds of years ago to show that they are great. But the true surya wansa Govigama are descending from the Shakyas of Buddha and the North Indian Aryans.
It shows your stupidity. These Govigama fellows are not even originally belongs to Sri Lanka. In the history they were traitors of our motherland. They will do any cheapest thing for their benefit.
Harini

Maharagama, Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

4

3

1

what the hell is wrong with you all? now fighting for casts? who the hell would care about the casts? are you all living in 18th centuray?
observer

Male, Maldives

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Govigama wrote:
Caste-consciousness is a self injected sedation of the Low-caste people.
Is the caste category written in ur blood?

if so tell me,if an high caste person needed a blood transfusion and he is infused with an blood of an low caste person of a same blood group.
What caste will now that guy who received the blood transfusion belong to?
Govigama

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

If you want to get scientific, it is well known that during a blood transfusion, only certain components of the blood of a person are transferred to another (not genes). Just because a person has a blood transfusion. If a Durawa has a Karawa's blood transferred to him, he does not become Karawa. To satisfy your question, even after a blood transfusion, a patients blood will be only his own.
In Sri Lanka , as in India, there is no concept of pollution in caste. That is why low-castes were entertained in houses on low-chairs. In India, they would be chased away.

Anyway, what I say is that the Govigama are the pure race of Lanka.

If you want to get very scientific, Karawas have tried to change their blood by creating impressive names and titles and knee-bending before the British. But they have failed.

Please don't try to twist our culture.
observer

Male, Maldives

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Govigama wrote:
If you want to get scientific, it is well known that during a blood transfusion, only certain components of the blood of a person are transferred to another (not genes). Just because a person has a blood transfusion. If a Durawa has a Karawa's blood transferred to him, he does not become Karawa. To satisfy your question, even after a blood transfusion, a patients blood will be only his own.
In Sri Lanka , as in India, there is no concept of pollution in caste. That is why low-castes were entertained in houses on low-chairs. In India, they would be chased away.
Anyway, what I say is that the Govigama are the pure race of Lanka.
If you want to get very scientific, Karawas have tried to change their blood by creating impressive names and titles and knee-bending before the British. But they have failed.
Please don't try to twist our culture.
Very interesting and quite innovative.

Tell me is goviya belong to the farmers community?

Then who is karawe guys,which community they belong to? are they backside offerors?

Jaydiwangsa

Hornsby, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 9, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

jayasooriya wrote:
<quoted text>
explain more
According to book by Senanayake and Narada Karunthilaka, the first king in Sri Lanka, Vijaya, was of North Indian Jat ethnicity and was Govi-wansa.
Govigama

Sri Lanka

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 9, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thank You, Mr. Jaydiwangsa for your good comment,
"According to book by Senanayake and Narada Karunthilaka, the first king in Sri Lanka, Vijaya, was of North Indian Jat ethnicity and was Govi-wansa."
This is the truth. The low-castes are tamil immigrants. The Govigama's are the sons of lanka.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of523
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Sri Lanka Forum right now

Search the Sri Lanka Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sri Lankan Tamil sex 2 hr Peepin Tom 1
Sri Lankan Muslim religious body to meet Presid... 2 hr Sinhala Tamil unity 2
Gothabaya Rajapakse Begs Malaysian after inciti... 3 hr Sinhala Tamil unity 20
Sri Lankan Chief Prelate threatens to launch pr... 3 hr Sinhala Tamil unity 7
Are all the Sinhalese people racists? (Apr '10) 5 hr somasunderam 68
Will muslims dominate Sri Lanka oneday? 19 hr SirRazikFareed 17
Who wanna join bodu bala sena? 19 hr SirRazikFareed 8
•••
•••
•••
•••