China to train Cambodian army

Jan 24, 2013 Full story: Bangkok Post 301

China has signed a contract to train the Cambodian army and to supply Phnom Penh with new and updated weapons, starting with 12 helicopters.

Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#1 Jan 24, 2013
We all know what happened when China trained and supplied Cambodia during 1975-1978... Oh oh, it's happening again.
cilantro

Long Beach, CA

#2 Jan 24, 2013
I think, Vietcong is not happy about this ...so WTF are you" Hanoi" gona do about this !!!lol
The Khner

London, UK

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Cambodia need a strong ally like China to protect herself from Thailand and Vietnam invaders!

I wouldn't try the American with their secret bombing of Cambodia countryside prior to 1970 which cause thousands of death and caused the raise of Pol Pot. And as if it wasn't enough, the US organised the 1970 coup which overthrown King Sihanouk when he was visiting China. If I want to blame what caused the suffering of Cambodia, I will blame the so called World Policeman - USA! The warmanger of the world!!!
Chansy

Castlecrag, Australia

#4 Jan 25, 2013
china try to create the Polpot 2
khmer is minority and second class citizen in your own coutry
yes master i will learn mandarin
Think Small

San Pablo, CA

#5 Jan 26, 2013
The Khner wrote:
Cambodia need a strong ally like China to protect herself from Thailand and Vietnam invaders!
I wouldn't try the American with their secret bombing of Cambodia countryside prior to 1970 which cause thousands of death and caused the raise of Pol Pot. And as if it wasn't enough, the US organised the 1970 coup which overthrown King Sihanouk when he was visiting China. If I want to blame what caused the suffering of Cambodia, I will blame the so called World Policeman - USA! The warmanger of the world!!!
Oh Cambodian brothers! Oh Cambodian brothers! More than 6 centuries have passed since the down fall of Khmer Empire, a simple lesson yet not learned.
cilantro

Long Beach, CA

#6 Jan 26, 2013
..there 're a lot things to criticise about cambodia...but at least the flag of Cambodia is not disappeared from the world map ..yes! it is true ,,cambodia was struggle in pass ..we made mistakes ..we fell ..but we got up and walk slowly in stability ...and look at cambodia today .. the continuation of developement in town and outside town just like mushroom of kajo and tourist jump every year ...even vietcong-offspring spongbob want to make a second visit..and Drgunzet may changes his mind to be a friend of cambodia and stops claiming himself as germany superiority ..what i know cambodians are soften mind until s'o step on its tail then it 'll bites back ...hope you get it ..
Cambodian

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

#7 Jan 26, 2013
I totally agreed with you The Kner.
I will joint with who ever can protect me and give me freedom and improve the livelihood of my Cambodian people. It is time we can live a normal live just like our neighboring countries. With the help with no string attached from China, we now have better roads, bridges, more electricity for our economy to grow, more investments are coming in, more tourists are coming to visit our peaceful yet beautiful people and country, a real freeway is being built now from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap with the help from
China. I have been living in Las Vegas for almost 40 years but I still like my country-Cambodia. I am so happy to see what has been happening in Cambodia. Keep up the good work
ConvertSray

Sydney, Australia

#8 Jan 26, 2013
It is hard to believe that China still continue to support friendship with very poor Cambodia.
As a Cambodian i love to see this help.
Many country like UK USA France do not see any interest with Cambodia at all.
Thank China for you support My poor Cambodia.
koy ro-meas

Hurst, TX

#9 Jan 26, 2013
thai min khernh kdam mchouss min srouk tirk pnek te tip tar a lov ban deng houy phey lol
cilantro

Long Beach, CA

#10 Jan 26, 2013
ConvertSray wrote:
It is hard to believe that China still continue to support friendship with very poor Cambodia.
As a Cambodian i love to see this help.
Many country like UK USA France do not see any interest with Cambodia at all.
Thank China for you support My poor Cambodia.
...nothing is hard to beleive b-cuz it already happened ..
Fate

Palo Alto, CA

#11 Jan 26, 2013
Cambodia history is full of proxy wars. One could not helps but wonder when the next one will be. Is Cambodia anxiously looking for one? The sad thing is each war pulls Cambodia 20-30 years backward in term of development.
leng sok

Australia

#12 Jan 27, 2013
khmer involve in proxy war again
no advance for cambodia to involve stay in nuetral
Cambodian

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Thailand wants to invade and claim part of Northern Cambodia belong to them, American is helping the Thai with F-15 and their arm force. Chinese is helping Cambodian with better equipment and train Cambodian's arm force to balance Northern Cambodian conflict.
Who is Cambodians truth friend, or real enemy?
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#14 Jan 27, 2013
Cambodian wrote:
Thailand wants to invade and claim part of Northern Cambodia belong to them, American is helping the Thai with F-15 and their arm force. Chinese is helping Cambodian with better equipment and train Cambodian's arm force to balance Northern Cambodian conflict.
Who is Cambodians truth friend, or real enemy?
But China is also contracted by Thailand last year to design better cluster ammo for artillery. Thailand used cluster ammo in their 155mm artillery against Cambodia in 2011 border skirmishes.(It's against the Geneva's convention too.)

Have the Khmer turned stupid now day to side with China?
leng sok

Australia

#15 Jan 27, 2013
china strategic more boarder and use khmer for it proxy war not with thai if thai and khmer conflict china will choose thailand
Tom L

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#16 Jan 28, 2013
cilantro wrote:
..there 're a lot things to criticise about cambodia...but at least the flag of Cambodia is not disappeared from the world map ..yes! it is true ,,cambodia was struggle in pass ..we made mistakes ..we fell ..but we got up and walk slowly in stability ...and look at cambodia today .. the continuation of developement in town and outside town just like mushroom of kajo and tourist jump every year ...even vietcong-offspring spongbob want to make a second visit..and Drgunzet may changes his mind to be a friend of cambodia and stops claiming himself as germany superiority ..what i know cambodians are soften mind until s'o step on its tail then it 'll bites back ...hope you get it ..
Good for you & best of lucks to all Khmer. But tell Angkor to wake up. Seem like the man gotten a good heart but his head is off sometimes. He's represented what a lot of misguided Khmer today.
cilantro

Long Beach, CA

#17 Jan 28, 2013
Tom L wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you & best of lucks to all Khmer. But tell Angkor to wake up. Seem like the man gotten a good heart but his head is off sometimes. He's represented what a lot of misguided Khmer today.
SOrry ,, I can't tell my man what to do ...b-cuz he's right most of time ..why don't you tell your man "Drgunzet" not to call my people "dumb ,stupid" !!!
wong yu

Sydney, Australia

#18 Feb 1, 2013
The world is control by China .Wests alway say this is Chinese century.
wang

Australia

#19 Feb 1, 2013
asean belong to china
Somol

Kent, WA

#20 Feb 1, 2013
leng sok wrote:
khmer involve in proxy war again
no advance for cambodia to involve stay in nuetral
thats what Cambodia did 'stayed Neutral' and stupid viet-Ameri-Lon nol overthrew the King and created kaos in Cambodia now it's the Chinese,they're moving in'Who knows what will happen'Maybe all the brown Khmers will look like Chinese

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southeast Asia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stars boycott hotels over Brunei Islamic law 1 hr Ravenclaw 296
Palawan ready for Kudat ferry link (Jan '13) 10 hr kjrear 5
Vietnamese PM Calls For Asean's Closer Ties To ... 15 hr NGUCAPRAGSKINKYIR... 3
Concerned about security, not sovereignty: India Fri NGUCAPRAGSKINKYIR... 12
Vietnam PM asks Cambodia to discourage anti-Vie... Fri SpongeBob 119
Asia wants to 'lead world' (Oct '09) Fri why 1,373
Indian President Wraps Up Visit To Vietnam Fri NGUCAPRAGSKINKYOH... 9
•••

Southeast Asia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE