Construction begins on largest fertiliser plant in Cambodia

Dec 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: VietNam News

Viet Nam's Five Star Group yesterday cut the ribbon of its new US$65 million fertiliser plant in Kean Svay District, Kandal Province, Cambodia.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Good for Cambodia, good for Vietnam. If you notice, most if not all Vietnam projects in Cambodia do not involve with kicking out Cambodians from their homes. In fact, I read news that Vietnam built better homes, and extra temples, hospitals, schools in some area for the Cambodians to move in and free up disorganized land used in the old home.

Recent China's projects mostly involved with bulldozing Cambodian homes. When people fought back they got shot at, and killed.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Currently Vietnam is receiving 10-11 billion US dollars in FDI from other countries. Cambodia is receiving practically zero except 500 million US dollars from China. Vietnam has to match China for investment in Cambodia. Thus Vietnam is investing about 300-400 million US dollars.

Basically Vietnam could have invest such money in side Vietnam, but no, Vietnam has to pinch those money to invest in Cambodia.

And what do Cambodia invest? Nothing. How about the Cambodian oversea, are they investing in anything? Nothing. Vietnamese oversea so far as invested an accumulative amount of 4 billion US dollars.

So, I advise the Cambodians to think twice before badmouthing yuon this, yuon that. Such act is not only viewed as ungrateful but pathetic. You are basically owned so don't make noise.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

The head line of the article was wrong: Construction begins on largest fertiliser plant in Cambodia. This is wrong.

The plant's construction was already finished for phase 1. Its production is about to start, so more fertilizer and jobs for the people soon. The construction actually started in 2009.

So, the news is actually a very good news, much better than the wrong head line indicated.

Cheers for Cambodia.
SpongeBob

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

The Khner

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

One must wonder why Viet like Drgunzet cares about Khmer while their ancestors took such lands from the Khmer people...
Anonymous

Methuen, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Let me give you some insights.

The Viet investment contribute to 5% of Cambodia GDP.

The 2012 investment from the Viet is $2.5 billions. Creates 30,000 jobs for Cambodian.

They aims to reach to $3 billions in 2015.

Right now they are building Cho Ray 2 hospital in Cambodia. This kind of investment Cambodian is very needed as many of Cambodian go to Vietnam or Thailand for treatment due to lack of hospital in Cambodia.

I wonder if the moron polpot offspring has done anything good for their people beside provoke war with the Viet which I believe it is suicide idea.

The Polpot offpsring is beyond of stupidity no wonder the East Asian looked down on them, not wonder their country is always behind other East Asian.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

The Khner wrote:
One must wonder why Viet like Drgunzet cares about Khmer while their ancestors took such lands from the Khmer people...
You must be a new guy on this forum. I have gone through this land-issue many times. The Viets did not take lands from the Khmers. The Mings soldiers refused to surrender to the Qing Empire, the Manchurians. They came in the thousands to the Mekong delta. They were the ones that took the land. The Viets did not.

The Viets were having a civil wars between the Trinh vs Nguyen lords. A lot of men die. There were lots and lots of Vietnamese women surplus. The Nguyen lord wisely let the Ming soldiers to get married to the surplus women. Years later all the children from these women did not want to belong to Khmer kingdom, they wanted to belong to Vietnam.

You cannot say the Viets took your land. It was the Ming soldiers who took the free land. There was no Khmers on those empty lands.

Later on, some Khmers moved there to avoid the Thais. That's where the Khmer Kroms were originated from.

Note this:
_ There was no pitched battles between Khmers and Vietnam in the Mekong delta. This prove the Viets did not take lands.
_ The lies about letting Vietnamese to take refuge in the Mekong delta was so blatant. Let me prove it. As a Nguyen lord, I was fighting the Trinh lord who had 4 times as many men as mine. I will not allow any men to move to the Mekong delta. I would need all the men I have to be at the central Vietnam to choke the advance of my enemies.
_ The lies about Viets taking lands never mentioned about the Ming soldiers who actually developed the Mekong delta. If you look on the map, the Khmers never developed anything but constantly got wiped out by the Thais. Only the Khmers who were protected in the Mekong can fair any chance. As a whole, the Mekong delta has many straight canals. In contract the main land Cambodia has very few straight canal.
_ It was the Ming folks who figured out how to deal with the saline farm land in the low delta. The Khmers only know how to farm around the Tonle Sap with no saline problem.

I am a scholar by my own right. I read thousand and thousand of books and have the knowledge far exceeding all Khmers and all South Vietnamese combined.

Notes: I am well versed on issues about many other countries, not just Cambodia. My learning speed is 10 to 100 times as fast as a typical Asian.
Anonymous

Methuen, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a new guy on this forum. I have gone through this land-issue many times. The Viets did not take lands from the Khmers. The Mings soldiers refused to surrender to the Qing Empire, the Manchurians. They came in the thousands to the Mekong delta. They were the ones that took the land. The Viets did not.
The Viets were having a civil wars between the Trinh vs Nguyen lords. A lot of men die. There were lots and lots of Vietnamese women surplus. The Nguyen lord wisely let the Ming soldiers to get married to the surplus women. Years later all the children from these women did not want to belong to Khmer kingdom, they wanted to belong to Vietnam.
You cannot say the Viets took your land. It was the Ming soldiers who took the free land. There was no Khmers on those empty lands.
Later on, some Khmers moved there to avoid the Thais. That's where the Khmer Kroms were originated from.
Note this:
_ There was no pitched battles between Khmers and Vietnam in the Mekong delta. This prove the Viets did not take lands.
_ The lies about letting Vietnamese to take refuge in the Mekong delta was so blatant. Let me prove it. As a Nguyen lord, I was fighting the Trinh lord who had 4 times as many men as mine. I will not allow any men to move to the Mekong delta. I would need all the men I have to be at the central Vietnam to choke the advance of my enemies.
_ The lies about Viets taking lands never mentioned about the Ming soldiers who actually developed the Mekong delta. If you look on the map, the Khmers never developed anything but constantly got wiped out by the Thais. Only the Khmers who were protected in the Mekong can fair any chance. As a whole, the Mekong delta has many straight canals. In contract the main land Cambodia has very few straight canal.
_ It was the Ming folks who figured out how to deal with the saline farm land in the low delta. The Khmers only know how to farm around the Tonle Sap with no saline problem.
I am a scholar by my own right. I read thousand and thousand of books and have the knowledge far exceeding all Khmers and all South Vietnamese combined.
Notes: I am well versed on issues about many other countries, not just Cambodia. My learning speed is 10 to 100 times as fast as a typical Asian.
I do not like Drungzet but what he said is mostly true.

The Viet is known for having less birth rate than the Khmers.

How could a nation in constant civil war can possibly reproduce faster than its neighbor and colonize its neighbor with wave of population?

The Nguyen Lord ruled only 1/4 of the Viet population in the South. Most of his men were placed in Northern front to secure its border against Trinh Lord constant raids. Other were sent to Cambodia to help the Khmer king counter Siam.

I wonder how it is possible for the Nguyen Lord to colonize the vast uninhabited and uncultivated Southern region which the same size as his state with such lack of men?

Even if I was King, I would not be too dumb to risk my weak state by send my main force to occupy such vast uncultivated land with no economic benefit, no business to collect tax, no people to draft.

What if Trinh Lord decided to attack? How the F I could gather all my forces back to defense the state in time? Remember that was in 17-18 century the communication between here and there would take months to years to gather all forces in time. It would be foolish for any commander to do such thing.

The Viet has written in their history the Southern region of Vietnam was Chinese autonomy which under the Nguyen Administrative.

Gia Dinh or Prey Nokor at the time was govern by a Chinese governor named Trinh Hoai Duc.

Even the emperor of Nguyen Dynasty, Minh Mang fear for these Chinese would influence on the Cambodia and turn against him. He introduce a series of laws aims to assimilate these Chinese.

----
Baksie Chamkrong

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
Note this:
Oh, yes! since you know well about Cambodia history, so tell what have you known about South East Asia during French colonization.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Baksie Chamkrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes! since you know well about Cambodia history, so tell what have you known about South East Asia during French colonization.
I knew two things of interests:

1. The French used Catholics to split the Asian people. There was a Vietnam group planning to rebel. One of the Vietnamese Catholic went to confess to a French priest about the act of putting poisons into the French barrack before seizing the weapons. The rebellion got discovered and crushed.

2. Normally as an invader, I would used the smaller local group to rule the bigger local group. This way I pit them against each other, and undermine the bigger local group who could be a bigger threat to me. If I was the French, I would employ the Cambodian to run Vietnam for me to ensure loyalty from the Cambodians and undermine the loyalty.

But no, the French employed the Vietnamese to rule Cambodia. So, what is the explanation? Some said the Cambodians were too dumb to do anything and the French could not work with the Cambodians. I have another alternative explanation. Within the Vietnamese, there was a subgroup of unwanted Vietnamese who were plucked out the North Vietnam by the Nguyen Kings in 1800s to move South. These group of South Vietnamese were very evil (that's why they were unwanted). They were very loyal to the French and will cooperate to rule the Cambodians as well as the North Vietnam.

You can see them today on Vietnam forum. They want rule Vietnam and Cambodia. Some of them came to this forum and want to rule you guys too (GOLDENCOMPASS, MisterV).

Understood? But I warn you. If you act too stupid, the North Vietnamese would kick your rear again just like they kicked the Khmer Rouges. So, behave ok?
Baksie Chamkrong

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Drgunzet wrote:
The head line of the article was wrong: Construction begins on largest fertiliser plant in Cambodia. This is wrong.
The plant's construction was already finished for phase 1. Its production is about to start, so more fertilizer and jobs for the people soon. The construction actually started in 2009.
So, the news is actually a very good news, much better than the wrong head line indicated.
Cheers for Cambodia.
So, do you believe this plant, or any other plants are just another example that Viet used cheap local people to improve Viet economic image and to make them a lot money?
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Baksie Chamkrong wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do you believe this plant, or any other plants are just another example that Viet used cheap local people to improve Viet economic image and to make them a lot money?
Yes, I believe so. And it's good for the local Khmers. Because the Viet could have built the plant in Vietnam to use the cheap local Vietnamese.

The local Khmers do not have to work at this plant. But choice is good. The plant is always better than nothing.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

I noticed that a high percentage of Cambodians on this forum exhibit only single-point of view. They only see the exploitation of the cheap labor but they never see from the other point of view, the cheap local labor had nothing to do. It's good to have the view.

I am a chess player, I can see both point-of-views, my point of view and my chess opponent's point of view. This way I can see what my opponent's planning to attack me, then I come up with a defense move.

Superior God race like the German and I also have more than two point of views. We can a third point of view. Simultaneously we can have 3 points of views in our heads. I think a typical German mind or my minds is equivalent 10,000 typical Asian minds or more.

Remember, each German and I are much bigger and we have bigger heads with huge brains. That's why we are so superior.

In college, I met the Khmer students. I saw them studied some subjects for hours in the lounge. I came over and showed that I could learn the same thing in 5 minutes, sometime, 2 minutes. LoL.
cilantro

Bellflower, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Drgunzet wrote:
I noticed that a high percentage of Cambodians on this forum exhibit only single-point of view. They only see the exploitation of the cheap labor but they never see from the other point of view, the cheap local labor had nothing to do. It's good to have the view.
I am a chess player, I can see both point-of-views, my point of view and my chess opponent's point of view. This way I can see what my opponent's planning to attack me, then I come up with a defense move.
Superior God race like the German and I also have more than two point of views. We can a third point of view. Simultaneously we can have 3 points of views in our heads. I think a typical German mind or my minds is equivalent 10,000 typical Asian minds or more.
Remember, each German and I are much bigger and we have bigger heads with huge brains. That's why we are so superior.
In college, I met the Khmer students. I saw them studied some subjects for hours in the lounge. I came over and showed that I could learn the same thing in 5 minutes, sometime, 2 minutes. LoL.
..why you always compare yourself to slower cambodian students , you never compare youself to your own people that is more slower than your kmer classmate..every body is not the same,...,yes! you are smart, but you twist yourself too much..nobody's gona stop you..and at the end nobody around you..then your chinese eyes keep running like a fan..wawawa.. just kidding!!brooo...??? happy new year to you and your love ones

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Southeast Asia Discussions

Search the Southeast Asia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Power of the Catholic Church slipping in Philip... (Mar '13) 14 min ELIAS IBARRA 125
PM Vows More Support For Vietnam's Fisheries Se... 14 min git 2 da POINT little vc 2
Da Nang: Vietnam moves to protect sea territory 17 min git 2 da POINT little vc 2
Vietnam to need at least $1.6 bln for education... 2 hr bac ky deo biet nhuc 13
Nicki Chapman - My Life In Travel: 'Hoi An is a... 9 hr beauty of the full Moon 20
Catholic bishops, educators vow to strengthen p... 9 hr ELIAS IBARRA 5
Which is the Philippines' best-planned city? 10 hr ELIAS IBARRA 24
•••
•••
•••
•••