Petitions piling up for King

Sep 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pnompenh Post

Pressure on King Norodom Sihamoni to delay today's planned opening of the National Assembly ratcheted up a few notches over the weekend as the Royal Palace received two rounds of petitions allegedly representing close to 500,000 citizens requesting more time for party negotiations.

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Oct 3, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angkor

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Pressure on King Norodom Sihamoni to delay today’s planned opening of the National Assembly ratcheted up a few notches over the weekend as the Royal Palace received two rounds of petitions allegedly representing close to 500,000 citizens requesting more time for party negotiations.

The Cambodia National Rescue Party’s 55 elected lawmakers have pledged to boycott today’s ceremony, while the King has maintained he must open the assembly due to constitutional provisions.

Yesterday, about 300 people from 10 civil society groups gathered in front of police barricades at Sisowath Quay blocking the way to the Royal Palace.

Both police and the crowd remained calm, and representatives from four associations were eventually allowed past the barricades to hand over their petition to the King’s representatives outside the palace.

“Our petition simply asks our King to delay the first meeting of the National Assembly because the two parties do not agree with each other yet,” Vorn Pao, head of the Independent Democratic of Informal Economic Association (IDEA), said.

“[We ask the King] because [he] is the person who ensures peace in the country and the country is not yet at peace.”

Other groups represented included the recently formed Independent Monk Network, the Cambodian Youth Network and the Cambodian Food and Service Workers’ Federation.

The 10 groups presented the petition on behalf of more than 200,000 people, Pao said.

A group of opposition activists was also blocked by security forces while trying to deliver a different petition on Saturday.

According to CNRP spokesman Yim Sovann, more than 260,000 signatures were collected in 24 hours from around the country before being sent to Phnom Penh.

“Originally they did not want the petition to reach the King, but finally in the afternoon we could … because we spoke to the Royal Palace and delivered [many] boxes of signatures,” he said, adding that the King had not yet replied to the petition.

Ho Dino, a palace official who received yesterday’s petition, promised a reply but did not specify a date, Pao said.

Theng Savoeun, head of the Coalition of Cambodian Farmers Community, said his organisation was bringing 15 vans full of people to march on the palace yesterday when they were blocked by police on National Road 2 in Kandal.

“We just want to express our pain and ask the King not to [open the assembly] so we can stand up to demand democracy and freedom,” he said.

Political analyst Lao Mong Hay said it was “possible but not probable” that the King would summon both leaders to meet with him this morning in response to public pressure.

“He should say:‘Both of you, come, I need your advice.’
Angkor

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

King Norodom Sihamoni is the most stupid King.
What a useless King?
Pol Pot

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Angkor wrote:
King Norodom Sihamoni is the most stupid King.
What a useless King?
I told you ..........that you are a loser..........in your face sucker..........hahahahaaaa... .......
Angkor

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Pol Pot wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you ..........that you are a loser..........in your face sucker..........hahahahaaaa... .......
==
=
I am not a loser.
Every time I went back to Cabmodia, I can walk and drive my car every where in the country. while Hun Sen and all of this family members can't even step off their footstep.
I have enjoyed my country and down to the earth. I am the most happy man on earth.
If I have to float all the Yuons in Cambodia along the Mekong river, no one would accuse me, because I am a Khmer.
You will see. From now on thing will be different.
southi

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

King does what best for Cambodia
KhmerLB

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Pol Pot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ...you sure did....hahaha....he is a dumbassz loser....
KhmerLB

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
==
=
I am not a loser.
Every time I went back to Cabmodia, I can walk and drive my car every where in the country. while Hun Sen and all of this family members can't even step off their footstep.
I have enjoyed my country and down to the earth. I am the most happy man on earth.
If I have to float all the Yuons in Cambodia along the Mekong river, no one would accuse me, because I am a Khmer.
You will see. From now on thing will be different.
Yea..yea..liar....you are a dumbassz khmer high class with low income
you can't afford the flight ticket to any where...

Yes..thing will be different, because Viets are more happier......hahaha..
Angkor

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

southi wrote:
King does what best for Cambodia
=
=
What is best?
This King did best for Hun Sen and hoping that Hun Sen will not going to kill him in the Palace. Hun Sen threatened to eliminate the Kingship many times. Hun Sen threatened to kill his father Sihanouk many times. Hun Sen threatened to kill Thomico and Sereyvuth all the time....
I still don't understand this stupid King still endorsed Hun Sen to be PM.
Majority of the Khmers did not vote for Hun Sen. By vote, about 75% of Khmers voted for Sam Rainsy. Why this King ignored the 75% of Cambodians?
Why this King betrayed his 75% of Cambodians?
Khmer

Fairfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

This k love his power .so do it to remai as k .
Pol Pot

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
=
=
What is best?
This King did best for Hun Sen and hoping that Hun Sen will not going to kill him in the Palace. Hun Sen threatened to eliminate the Kingship many times. Hun Sen threatened to kill his father Sihanouk many times. Hun Sen threatened to kill Thomico and Sereyvuth all the time....
I still don't understand this stupid King still endorsed Hun Sen to be PM.
Majority of the Khmers did not vote for Hun Sen. By vote, about 75% of Khmers voted for Sam Rainsy. Why this King ignored the 75% of Cambodians?
Why this King betrayed his 75% of Cambodians?
HAHAHAHAHAA..........HAHAHAHAH AAA..........HAHAHAHAAAA...... ....YOU LOST..........HAHAHAHAA....... ...HAHAHHAAA..........LOSER... .......LOSER..........LOSER... .......
..........GOD KING HUN SEN is keeping UNCLE HO's dream alive..........
HAHAHAHAAAA..........HAHAHAHAA A..........
southi

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Hun use politic as asian style he use his iron fist but just try to protrayed as democratic
after election he went to thailand and China to get support he know he have china and thailand
other hand Sam political as western style
china worries sam win they will loose
Angkor

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

southi wrote:
Hun use politic as asian style he use his iron fist but just try to protrayed as democratic
after election he went to thailand and China to get support he know he have china and thailand
other hand Sam political as western style
china worries sam win they will loose
==
=
You are correct.
if Hun Sen can serve the people as he tried to win his PM seat, Cambodia would be well.
China still does what the Asian style best, but look at how Communist Chinese people live their lives. Hard life in China. However, if US and EU won't help China economically, what would you think China would be like.
US and EU are going for another cycle of recession in the next few years. You will see how the world economy will change drastically especially China.
China now is forcing herself to mate with small countries like Cambodia, Lao and Burma, because of China herself reformed the foreign business so the US and EU leave China. This reform hurts herself.
Pol Pot

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
==
=
You are correct.
if Hun Sen can serve the people as he tried to win his PM seat, Cambodia would be well.
China still does what the Asian style best, but look at how Communist Chinese people live their lives. Hard life in China. However, if US and EU won't help China economically, what would you think China would be like.
US and EU are going for another cycle of recession in the next few years. You will see how the world economy will change drastically especially China.
China now is forcing herself to mate with small countries like Cambodia, Lao and Burma, because of China herself reformed the foreign business so the US and EU leave China. This reform hurts herself.
HAHAHAHAHAA..........HAHAHAHAH AAA..........HAHAHAHAAAA...... ....YOU LOST..........HAHAHAHAA....... ...HAHAHHAAA..........LOSER... .......LOSER..........LOSER... .......
..........GOD KING HUN SEN is keeping UNCLE HO's dream alive..........
HAHAHAHAAAA..........HAHAHAHAA A..........
southi

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

king just a symbolize he has no real power like thai's king
if Angkor and cilantro are thai then you in trouble for insult the King
cilantro

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

southi wrote:
if you are real man please don't bark like a GE WA WA because there's a bunch of Vietnamese in forum...
Angkor

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

southi wrote:
Ah Stupid Sh*t King symbolizes ASS King.
Yes - right. There are lots of Thais people fk Khmer Kings, why don't you raise up and hung those Thais. You are only trying to be tough among your own Khmers.
We just try to talk straight here, and you try go after the Khmers. What a stupid idiot here?
Why don't you query this Thais guy name, Leeporter in this Forum? How much did he trash Khmer Kings and Khmer Empire. I found lots of his Youtube video trashing Khmers as a whole.
Why don't you go after this Thai guy?
Angkor

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

southi wrote:
=
Even in Cambodia now, lots of people, politicians and law professors are talking freely about the betrayal of this King toward his own people.
Why don't you get into the Youtube, Facebook or read the Khmer news lately about the issue of this King took the side of hypocrite/corrupted Hun Sen and installed Hun Sen as PM without involvement of the CNRP. This King betrays his own people. that is what those people said, and they are in Cambodia living next door to the Palace and Hun Sen.
BEADY BUM FACEKICKERS

Ascot Vale, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

NEVER COME BACK. FOOK OFF HIDEOUS ODIOUS goon impostor, Volere, Voleur, VOLERE IDIOTIC PSYCHO, SYPHILIS fungi infested moron, cretin and piss pot PIMP with THE wobbly FUNGI FAGGOT FARTHEAD PI SEWERAGE USE YOUR OWN FOOKING HINDUSTINK SH!THOLE TATTIARSIENAME SOTVAGE FVCKTURD DOGALA MAHAMURKH. FOOKOFF transvestite, BIG MAMMA Julie Pascale whomever Rupert chamberpot LATRINE, asinine, vacuous, lamebrained, batty, brainless lunatic, BIG MAMMA GINORMOUS HUMONGOUS MalbarACA Pi Pi CACA FVCKTARD Pilon Bumchod Indomauritian Balmiki Bhangi BABOON Gaand marau Ghondoo Chharachhobi pi tatti, tatti anuchit vyavahar NumbNuts FVCKTURD GANDU SUAR KA BACHCHA BHOJAN KEEDAA JALI NAKALI DHONGI.

Yasin, Teddy , Manouraj, Darlmah or Ehshan?

FOOK OFF BEADY IMPOSTER.

NEVER COME BACK. FOOK OFF HIDEOUS ODIOUS goon impostor, Volere, Voleur, VOLERE IDIOTIC PSYCHO, SYPHILIS fungi infested moron, cretin and piss pot PIMP with THE wobbly FUNGI FAGGOT FARTHEAD PI SEWERAGE USE YOUR OWN FOOKING HINDUSTINK SH!THOLE TATTIARSIENAME SOTVAGE FVCKTURD DOGALA MAHAMURKH. FOOKOFF transvestite, BIG MAMMA Julie Pascale whomever Rupert chamberpot LATRINE, asinine, vacuous, lamebrained, batty, brainless lunatic, BIG MAMMA GINORMOUS HUMONGOUS MalbarACA Pi Pi CACA FVCKTARD Pilon Bumchod Indomauritian Balmiki Bhangi BABOON Gaand marau Ghondoo Chharachhobi pi tatti, tatti anuchit vyavahar NumbNuts FVCKTURD GANDU SUAR KA BACHCHA BHOJAN KEEDAA JALI NAKALI DHONGI.

FOOK OFF BEADY IMPOSTER.

FOOK OFF BEADY IMPOSTER.

FOOK OFF BEADY IMPOSTER.

FOOK OFF BEADY IMPOSTER.
BEADY BUM FACEKICKERS

Ascot Vale, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

BEADY BUM FACEKICKERS wrote:
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOK
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFF FFF
http://tinyurl.com/cmkufah
Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
FIX these first FOOKING racist profane offensive TURD
Why delete BEADY BUM MODERATOR?
BEADY BUM SKULLCRACKERS

Ascot Vale, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

You HAVE BEEN EXPOSED AS THE HALFWITTED MUTATION OF BEADY BUM BUM ID#1 UK as BEADY BUM BUM ID#1a Dartford UK, fark off back to your stinky BUM BUM COMPOUND

You HAVE BEEN EXPOSED AS THE HALFWITTED MUTATION OF BEADY BUM BUM ID#1 UK as BEADY BUM BUM ID#1a Dartford UK, fark off back to your stinky BUM BUM COMPOUND

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••