Australia's Julia Gillard is no feminist hero

Oct 15, 2012 Full story: OpEdNews 44

The Guardian's description of Australia's opposition leader Tony Abbott as "neanderthal" is not unreasonable.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#1 Oct 15, 2012
Oh, noone can insult Julia else they be labelled a sexist ...but it is alright to call Tony a neanderthal.....nice to know there are no double standards and he is not being picked on because he is a woman?:)

“NO ANZUS”

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

#2 Oct 15, 2012
Outsider looking IN, Jesus H Christ the gal IS A HERO. The Australian culture is so MISOGYNISTIC and the redhead comes through all the time. I CHEER.

Her dad died recently BUT I TELLYAH he would be so proud of his daughter. I would be I know that.

Howards party made Australia RICH today. A nice record to run on BUT I REALLY RESPECT JULIA.

This outsider respects Howards legacy BUT I ALSO RESPECT JULIA GILLARD. I have admired her from afar. I LIKE HER! She does Australia proud.
Israel Loves Romney

Lodi, NJ

#3 Oct 15, 2012
the pirates are just being pirates

“NO ANZUS”

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

#4 Oct 15, 2012
Sorry Julia for my kiss of death endorsement. LOL
Poorsh driver

Australia

#5 Oct 15, 2012
Mr Humbert wrote:
Outsider looking IN, Jesus H Christ the gal IS A HERO. The Australian culture is so MISOGYNISTIC and the redhead comes through all the time. I CHEER.
Her dad died recently BUT I TELLYAH he would be so proud of his daughter. I would be I know that.
Howards party made Australia RICH today. A nice record to run on BUT I REALLY RESPECT JULIA.
This outsider respects Howards legacy BUT I ALSO RESPECT JULIA GILLARD. I have admired her from afar. I LIKE HER! She does Australia proud.
Demonstrates how far gone you are mentally. What would you say if I thought Obama was a great President?
Winnis

Sydney, Australia

#6 Oct 15, 2012
Where do some of these people live? Obviously not up with the rest of the Country who condemn the besmirching tactics of the red head who's still circumnavigating on her broomstick. At least there's some peace here while she's trying to win over the rest of the world on another globetrotting holiday. Stay away longer Julia, the Country runs much better without you.
true blue

Australia

#7 Oct 15, 2012
Any of the women in Parliament who have defended the likes of Slipper and Thomson - need to be booted out, they do not speak for the majority of women... These women politicians, give themselves massive payrises, lurks and perks, and keep the women they claim to represent - who have not had the advantage - for many reasons - of a University education, on menial poverty wages...

Perth, Australia

#8 Oct 16, 2012
true blue wrote:
Any of the women in Parliament who have defended the likes of Slipper and Thomson - need to be booted out, they do not speak for the majority of women... These women politicians, give themselves massive payrises, lurks and perks, and keep the women they claim to represent - who have not had the advantage - for many reasons - of a University education, on menial poverty wages...
Shouldn't that read any of the men or women in parliament, that if you intend to be unbiased?
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#9 Oct 16, 2012
If criticism is coming from the Far Left OpEdNews and Guardian, there must be another issue, maybe she's come down on the extreme S&M pervert homosexuals infecting the cities.

Thank God for such people in the world. All any sane person needs to do is look at the incredible sloth, theft, drugs and cowardice in the US to know you don't want your country to go that way.

Since: Apr 07

TERRA AUSTRALIS

#10 Oct 16, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
Oh, noone can insult Julia else they be labelled a sexist ...but it is alright to call Tony a neanderthal.....nice to know there are no double standards and he is not being picked on because he is a woman?:)
I've often had reservations about your particular point of view, but occasionally you bring some decent sandwiches to the table Ahomana.

Perth, Australia

#11 Oct 16, 2012
high rises on the range wrote:
<quoted text>
I've often had reservations about your particular point of view, but occasionally you bring some decent sandwiches to the table Ahomana.
And cheers to you there High Rises, but I still like it when we cross swords as well, it keeps it interesting.:)

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Oct 16, 2012
true blue wrote:
you dont know women - they hate tony abbott
yeah right

Sydney, Australia

#13 Oct 16, 2012
true blue wrote:
These women politicians, give themselves massive payrises, lurks and perks, and keep the women they claim to represent - who have not had the advantage - for many reasons - of a University education, on menial poverty wages...
That's true. Keeping the have-nots who struggle to get out of poverty is where the crime lies.
yeah right

Sydney, Australia

#14 Oct 16, 2012
tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
<quoted text>you dont know women - they hate tony abbott
Oh yeah. They HATE him. And for good reason, he's a pr*ck.

Perth, Australia

#15 Oct 16, 2012
tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
<quoted text>you dont know women - they hate tony abbott
That isn't true, I am a woman and most of the women I know dislike Gillard, not Abbott, there is nothing Abbott can do about the abortion drug thingy else he would cop a backlash that is worse than this country has ever seen, and as for being a mysogynist or a sexist what man isn't as what woman isn't a man hater at times, but it doesn't meant he can't run the country, it just makes him an twat?....
It is Gillard most women dislike and her gutless stance where she abandoned Assange, she stabbed her PM in the back to get his job, she lied about a carbon tax and that is just for starters...she might be a poster child for the young women of this country too stupid to understand politics and are sexist in wanting to see a woman leading this country, but those of us that aren't about her sex and all about her policies...she is stuffed!
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#16 Oct 16, 2012
This topic is mute and totally incorrect....According to every poll since Abbott became leader , he has never been preferred PM.....only one poll that counts , but I don't think he'll be Opposition leader , come election time.........face facts , the bloke is simply not well liked at all........if he was to lead a minority government with a hung parlaiment , he would become the most hated man in Australian political history !!!(lol)
hmmmmm

Brunswick, Australia

#17 Oct 16, 2012
Politicians lie. That's what they do, it's part of the job description. As Gillard is the ONLY female to ever be PM she's the victim of small jealous minds everywhere, both men and women.
All she's done is take the job because she was in line for it and the power brokers wanted Rudd gone.

She's done a better job of herding cats than Rudd could do, her speech to Abbot was nothing short of genius and EVERY WOMAN who saw it cheered. They cheered because there isn't a single woman on this planet who hasn't been on the receiving end of sexist bullsh*t crap from men and I reckon she got more support from that than anyone bargained for.
Bumpkin

Australia

#18 Oct 16, 2012
I dont see how Abbott can be seen as a woman hater when he lives in a house full of women?
hmmmmm

Brunswick, Australia

#19 Oct 16, 2012
Foo wrote:
This topic is mute and totally incorrect....According to every poll since Abbott became leader , he has never been preferred PM.....only one poll that counts , but I don't think he'll be Opposition leader , come election time.........face facts , the bloke is simply not well liked at all........if he was to lead a minority government with a hung parlaiment , he would become the most hated man in Australian political history !!!(lol)
I can't imagine Abbot leading a hung parliament. It would be disastrous.

Actually I can't imagine him leading parliament of any kind. Madness. He's a good gadfly, but that's it.
hmmmmm

Brunswick, Australia

#20 Oct 16, 2012
Bumpkin wrote:
I dont see how Abbott can be seen as a woman hater when he lives in a house full of women?
Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Africa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legal 0719970060 abortion in Soshanguve,Naas, T... 1 min dr ntombi Abortio... 1
Curb Your Addiction (C-Ya) Launch Party No Show... 3 min Kane 3
secure 0719970060 Dr ntombi abortion in Middelb... 4 min dr ntombi Abortio... 1
independent abortion clinic (forum is abortion... 5 min dr-arnold 1
SECURE +27735656631 Dr Molope abortion clinic i... 5 min molope 1
girls or guys bbm pins for bbm sex (Mar '13) 6 min good time 11,408
0796096662 Dr.Mahlangu Abortion in Welkom, Brit... 7 min mahlangu 1
More from around the web