Should the U.S. Invade Somalia?

Posted in the Somalia Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Joey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 22, 2010
 
I mean, what if for some reason, the Islam Extremists win? I mean, they almost took Mogadishu last year, but fortunately they lost. What if Somalia becomes a country where you will be beheaded without trial because someone who hates you accused you of Adultery? Where stealing gets your hands cut off? The United States should look at Somalia, but no, we're not even paying attention to it. If it makes CNN, it's one of those 50 second summaries of other news right after "And a man was arrested for stealing a puppy."

I know the people of Somalia are suffering.. and I've noticed the large numbers of Somalia refugees coming in to the United States because one side of a Civil War in Somalia is completely unaware that their stupid actions is lowering the population of Somalia in half.. The question is, does Obama know it?

“From Somaliland with luv”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 22, 2010
 
Joey wrote:
I mean, what if for some reason, the Islam Extremists win? I mean, they almost took Mogadishu last year, but fortunately they lost. What if Somalia becomes a country where you will be beheaded without trial because someone who hates you accused you of Adultery? Where stealing gets your hands cut off? The United States should look at Somalia, but no, we're not even paying attention to it. If it makes CNN, it's one of those 50 second summaries of other news right after "And a man was arrested for stealing a puppy."
I know the people of Somalia are suffering.. and I've noticed the large numbers of Somalia refugees coming in to the United States because one side of a Civil War in Somalia is completely unaware that their stupid actions is lowering the population of Somalia in half.. The question is, does Obama know it?
I think the only people who know the reality are those at the ground in Mogadishu. Obama is preoccupied with Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and Iran. He may wake up when everything becomes irreversible.

USA doesn't need to invade Somalia, it only needs changing its policy towards Somalia.
kahin

Maidenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 22, 2010
 
i think somalia has reached the point of not return and is like gona be like afganistan sh sharif has fled to etaly as his army been destroyed by shabaab who has taken yestarday most of afisyone -the houses of siyaad bare now only the fighting force are africans like always al shabaab do use small tribes aganist big tribes now they using warsangali aganist majeerteen and it is had task for majeerteen al shabaab always pick minorites to rule this is how they took south and somaliland is more weaker now and has more enameis as the isaaqs came back to rule they will use ather tribes aganist isaaqs the american navy army are in somali sea they gona save sharif at the end but all alshabab wants is to be in all somalia and make it like afganistan
Younis

Doncaster, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 22, 2010
 
kahin wrote:
i think somalia has reached the point of not return and is like gona be like afganistan sh sharif has fled to etaly as his army been destroyed by shabaab who has taken yestarday most of afisyone -the houses of siyaad bare now only the fighting force are africans like always al shabaab do use small tribes aganist big tribes now they using warsangali aganist majeerteen and it is had task for majeerteen al shabaab always pick minorites to rule this is how they took south and somaliland is more weaker now and has more enameis as the isaaqs came back to rule they will use ather tribes aganist isaaqs the american navy army are in somali sea they gona save sharif at the end but all alshabab wants is to be in all somalia and make it like afganistan
All isaq sub clans are united unlike darood and hawiyes that are bitterly divided.
the only people that can destroy Isaqs are the traitors and luckily we only have a few.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 22, 2010
 
The South Somalia issue can be solved by the AU IF the UN or other organizations are willing to fund the troops. If one looks at the Liberian issue. The problem was solved by Nigerian and Ghanaian troops mainly but, the UN needed to fund them because, the developing nature of most African countries makes it hard to be stationed in a foreign country for too long. If the UN or some other entity provides the funding the job can be done.

That would be my solution if I had any power. African peace keeping troops of at least double what is there now. Similar mandate but, well funded.

There are still pocketed areas of peace so keep expanding those areas and, giving the people who live there peace and security. That is what most people ultimately want peace and security. Nobody is really interested in living in an Afghanistan type society.

Look At Liberia now, it is poor but, they are rebuilding and, they have peace now. I think the same thing could work in South Somalia. But, the mental effects of 20 years of war will be the real challenge.
kahin

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 22, 2010
 
KOTDF wrote:
The South Somalia issue can be solved by the AU IF the UN or other organizations are willing to fund the troops. If one looks at the Liberian issue. The problem was solved by Nigerian and Ghanaian troops mainly but, the UN needed to fund them because, the developing nature of most African countries makes it hard to be stationed in a foreign country for too long. If the UN or some other entity provides the funding the job can be done.
That would be my solution if I had any power. African peace keeping troops of at least double what is there now. Similar mandate but, well funded.
There are still pocketed areas of peace so keep expanding those areas and, giving the people who live there peace and security. That is what most people ultimately want peace and security. Nobody is really interested in living in an Afghanistan type society.
Look At Liberia now, it is poor but, they are rebuilding and, they have peace now. I think the same thing could work in South Somalia. But, the mental effects of 20 years of war will be the real challenge.
yeah liberia as i was a kid i use to hear the civil war of liberia when my dad was listening bbc somali i use to hear charles tailor and unita in angola the other one was tamil tigers all these countres have peace now i would like to ask you as sh sharif say he is gone for african brothers as arabs did not help him do you think african countres will let somali working state to came back as somalia and ethiopia are enemeis
ONLF

Narre Warren, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 22, 2010
 
No, look at Iraq and Afghanistan. They have made the situation even worse.
Jamming

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 22, 2010
 
Joey wrote:
I mean, what if for some reason, the Islam Extremists win? I mean, they almost took Mogadishu last year, but fortunately they lost. What if Somalia becomes a country where you will be beheaded without trial because someone who hates you accused you of Adultery? Where stealing gets your hands cut off? The United States should look at Somalia, but no, we're not even paying attention to it. If it makes CNN, it's one of those 50 second summaries of other news right after "And a man was arrested for stealing a puppy."
I know the people of Somalia are suffering.. and I've noticed the large numbers of Somalia refugees coming in to the United States because one side of a Civil War in Somalia is completely unaware that their stupid actions is lowering the population of Somalia in half.. The question is, does Obama know it?
No offence (if you are an American), but have you heard of Black Hawk Down?. This event alone revamped the whole of the US's foriegn policy law. I suggest you reserch about it.

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 24, 2010
 
No, the U.S shouldnīt invade Somalia, letīs not forget the failed U.N/US mission that led to the "Black Hawk Down". Those Americans under-estimated the situation gravely instead of doing what they came to do, they decided to stick their noses into local politics, a big NO, NO, how could they be so foolish, even after they had made the exact same mistake in Lebanon 10 years earlier? An American invasion will make matters a 1000 times worse...
Lemuria

Malmö, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 24, 2010
 
INSEARCH_OF wrote:
No, the U.S shouldnīt invade Somalia, letīs not forget the failed U.N/US mission that led to the "Black Hawk Down". Those Americans under-estimated the situation gravely instead of doing what they came to do, they decided to stick their noses into local politics, a big NO, NO, how could they be so foolish, even after they had made the exact same mistake in Lebanon 10 years earlier? An American invasion will make matters a 1000 times worse...
Right on! I hope they never come.

Operation restore hope lol

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 24, 2010
 
Lemuria wrote:
<quoted text>Right on! I hope they never come.
Operation restore hope lol
The agenda was never to "Restore Hope", rather it was all about the U.S showing off to the world and re-launching it..self as a super power now that Soviet was no longer a threat..look at the footages on how they landed on Somali shores, looks like they were trying to re-live D-Day.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 24, 2010
 
The US has no interest in going to somalia. It would be a very very bad idea and, could ruin the American economy. As it is right now, there is no real exit strategy for the Afgan and Iraq war. Thus, the last thing most Americans want is to be stuck in another Islamic country. Somalia is even worse now with Al Qaeda/Shabab having a foot in the country and exporting terrorism.

The best way to Solve the Somalia problem is through the AU...
concerned human

Pinckney, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 24, 2010
 
I agree, let's not. Let the UN figure it out we have our own problems. But I am sure the counrty is the nexy terrorism hub. Who knows Ossama may be hiding there?

“Harari-OgadeniRE BEL”

Since: Apr 10

Harar,Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 24, 2010
 
Joey wrote:
I mean, what if for some reason, the Islam Extremists win? I mean, they almost took Mogadishu last year, but fortunately they lost. What if Somalia becomes a country where you will be beheaded without trial because someone who hates you accused you of Adultery? Where stealing gets your hands cut off? The United States should look at Somalia, but no, we're not even paying attention to it. If it makes CNN, it's one of those 50 second summaries of other news right after "And a man was arrested for stealing a puppy."
I know the people of Somalia are suffering.. and I've noticed the large numbers of Somalia refugees coming in to the United States because one side of a Civil War in Somalia is completely unaware that their stupid actions is lowering the population of Somalia in half.. The question is, does Obama know it?
No let them solve their own problems

Since: Aug 13

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 6, 2013
 
Somalia holds the vast majority of Al Shaabab forces. The only reasons migit the US not to invade could be lack of oil? Or maybe that this will cost a lot more lives than Afghan and Iraq combined? Could be Vietnam all over again. Somalia is a Hell hole!

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 6, 2013
 
Yes the US should invade! The Kenyans have so far done Nothing except kill children and violate women. What kind of fool entrusts a country into the hands of Aids infected monkeys? Ethiopia is fine but Kenya and all the other African countries need to be replaced or kicked out.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 7, 2013
 
Joey wrote:
I mean, what if for some reason, the Islam Extremists win? I mean, they almost took Mogadishu last year, but fortunately they lost. What if Somalia becomes a country where you will be beheaded without trial because someone who hates you accused you of Adultery? Where stealing gets your hands cut off? The United States should look at Somalia, but no, we're not even paying attention to it. If it makes CNN, it's one of those 50 second summaries of other news right after "And a man was arrested for stealing a puppy."
I know the people of Somalia are suffering.. and I've noticed the large numbers of Somalia refugees coming in to the United States because one side of a Civil War in Somalia is completely unaware that their stupid actions is lowering the population of Somalia in half.. The question is, does Obama know it?
Fool, Obama just starved 260,000 Somalis to death. How can you not know that?

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 7, 2013
 
KOTDF wrote:
The South Somalia issue can be solved by the AU IF the UN or other organizations are willing to fund the troops. If one looks at the Liberian issue. The problem was solved by Nigerian and Ghanaian troops mainly but, the UN needed to fund them because, the developing nature of most African countries makes it hard to be stationed in a foreign country for too long. If the UN or some other entity provides the funding the job can be done.
That would be my solution if I had any power. African peace keeping troops of at least double what is there now. Similar mandate but, well funded.
There are still pocketed areas of peace so keep expanding those areas and, giving the people who live there peace and security. That is what most people ultimately want peace and security. Nobody is really interested in living in an Afghanistan type society.
Look At Liberia now, it is poor but, they are rebuilding and, they have peace now. I think the same thing could work in South Somalia. But, the mental effects of 20 years of war will be the real challenge.
They are already "funding the troops". I cannot believe that anyone can be unaware of this fact. How can you be so dang ignorant?

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 7, 2013
 
KOTDF wrote:
The US has no interest in going to somalia. It would be a very very bad idea and, could ruin the American economy. As it is right now, there is no real exit strategy for the Afgan and Iraq war. Thus, the last thing most Americans want is to be stuck in another Islamic country. Somalia is even worse now with Al Qaeda/Shabab having a foot in the country and exporting terrorism.
The best way to Solve the Somalia problem is through the AU...
Somalia has oil. That is what this conflict has been about for 23 years or more: OIL.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 7, 2013
 
concerned human wrote:
I agree, let's not. Let the UN figure it out we have our own problems. But I am sure the counrty is the nexy terrorism hub. Who knows Ossama may be hiding there?
Let all foreigners get out of Somalia and let the Somalis figure it out. The country had its own government under Islamic Courts. But Ethiopia had to invade and interfere with that. Get everybody out of Somalia and let them manage their own internal affairs. If they can for help in some particular, them it is okay to help. For example, they might ask for money to help finance irrigation projects. But even that is not likely because the country is oil-rich. Somalia needs nobody. Leave them alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Somalia Forum right now

Search the Somalia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
does a half somali and half north sudani arab e... 8 min Saho 26
when you say somalis are not arab, you either o... (Mar '13) 14 min enlighten 115
Somali people are NOT black 19 min Justsayin 37
Your first reaction when diagnosed with STD? 2 hr Soomaal 15
war deg deg ah: somali khaniis dancing in ohio (Jul '13) 3 hr Good Lord 30
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 4 hr Boodhari 1,519
Qibrad raaxo ka qaado (Aug '12) 4 hr koofi 21
•••
•••
•••
•••