UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Im a somali woman i gt mared for over 9 years to an algerian then had a divorc from him, after 2yrs met a jamican muslim walahey i never felt like a woman tel i met him , words cant discrib how he makes me feel me and my son , we gt marred my dad was happey ald lovd him so much not my mum . People allwas talke sis .it dosnt matter we all the same . We came from our father Adm.
Xalimo

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Mashallahhh <33

Since: Jun 13

Schiffweiler, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Sagaal Abdi wrote:
All the Somali guys and ladies keep looking at my husband who is half black and half English and they think i am a wasaqad just because I'm with him. How rude is that? Wallahi it gets annoying all the somalis looking at me and giving me death stares because i didnt marry a somali it's not my fault i fell in love with a non somali guy. He is a good guy he converted to Islam about 5 years ago before he even met me. I wish Somalis would stop looking and calling me a wasaqad and dhilo.
They also keep saying that my son and daughter is not Somali because their father is not somali and they have no Qabil to back them up, well in my eyes they are half Somali since they look HALF SOMALI. It gets so annoying.
Is there any ladies here who is married to a non Somali and have the same problem?
I wouldn't sweat it. I'm black American married to a Somali girl and we get stared at also.

if you are happy dont care what others think or say.

what's important is that you are both Muslim. Nothing else but personal preference should play a role after that.
thehassanabdi

Wednesbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

AbuAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't sweat it. I'm black American married to a Somali girl and we get stared at also.
if you are happy dont care what others think or say.
what's important is that you are both Muslim. Nothing else but personal preference should play a role after that.
PIG VOODOO aka insearchof etc keep dreaming!!!

Saarbrücken, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

thehassanabdi wrote:
<quoted text>PIG VOODOO aka insearchof etc keep dreaming!!!
I'm not sure what that is supposed to be but hey... make nameema of me...

I will take from your good deeds and if you have none.. you will take from my evil deeds..

knock yourself out chief.
thehassanabdi

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

AbuAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what that is supposed to be but hey... make nameema of me...
I will take from your good deeds and if you have none.. you will take from my evil deeds..
knock yourself out chief.
Piggy, keep dreaming!

Saarbrücken, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Lol and you keep making nameema
thehassanabdi

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

AbuAmerican wrote:
Lol and you keep making nameema
Keep dreaming piggy!

Saarbrücken, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

thehassanabdi wrote:
<quoted text>Keep dreaming piggy!
this is epic... we can do this all day.. I assume you are a kaafir and that's why you don't understand the ramifications of your actions here..

would my assessment of your condition be correct?
Yarka

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Hey mr troll aka Abu American you failed ur intro trolling class in which students are taught to hide their location....99.9 % of black Americans never apply for passports so tell us how u ended up in Germany.

Saarbrücken, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Yarka wrote:
Hey mr troll aka Abu American you failed ur intro trolling class in which students are taught to hide their location....99.9 % of black Americans never apply for passports so tell us how u ended up in Germany.
hide my location for what? I have a reason to hide?

If you knew anything about Europe and especially Germany you'd know there is a significant US military presence here.. this isn't rocket science.

Anyhow, not sure where I started to troll but whatever.. Told the young lady ignore the stares and enjoy her marriage because I'm doing the same and I'm a troll???

Ah, dude... I've been to 38 countries in my life... so... guess you can say I'm not the average black American.

Looking at this forum and reading more and more I think I came to the wrong place to learn about Somalis. Came here so I could learn about Somalis and better relate to my wife's family..... all I've learned here is there are a lot of messed up people who put culture over Islam and that apparently the caste system applies to more here that claim Islam than it really should.

Alhamdulillah my wife's family is different.
Ali

Markham, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

AbuAmerica, one thing you should know about somalis is that they take their heritage and history seriously.

If you say you married a Somali woman, know that if you have children, your children will not be considered Somali of any sort. That is the way the culture works. No reason to learn about Somalis for you.

No matter where you go, for the most part, Cultural ties out weigh Islamic ties. Be it Arab lands, Asia, etc. So don't be surprised about Somalis.

And you should have just married an African American Muslim woman. They need men more than any other group.
thehassanabdi

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

AbuAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>
hide my location for what? I have a reason to hide?
If you knew anything about Europe and especially Germany you'd know there is a significant US military presence here.. this isn't rocket science.
Anyhow, not sure where I started to troll but whatever.. Told the young lady ignore the stares and enjoy her marriage because I'm doing the same and I'm a troll???
Ah, dude... I've been to 38 countries in my life... so... guess you can say I'm not the average black American.
Looking at this forum and reading more and more I think I came to the wrong place to learn about Somalis. Came here so I could learn about Somalis and better relate to my wife's family..... all I've learned here is there are a lot of messed up people who put culture over Islam and that apparently the caste system applies to more here that claim Islam than it really should.
Alhamdulillah my wife's family is different.
Keep dreaming Piggy!

Schiffweiler, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Ali wrote:
AbuAmerica, one thing you should know about somalis is that they take their heritage and history seriously.
If you say you married a Somali woman, know that if you have children, your children will not be considered Somali of any sort. That is the way the culture works. No reason to learn about Somalis for you.
No matter where you go, for the most part, Cultural ties out weigh Islamic ties. Be it Arab lands, Asia, etc. So don't be surprised about Somalis.
And you should have just married an African American Muslim woman. They need men more than any other group.
Well Ali thanks for the seemingly reasonable reply.

I'm not trying to become Somali and inshaallah that is understood.

Not to debate but I'd disagree about the need to learn the culture. There have been a few embarrassing moments because of my general ignorance of Somali culture and what is expected from me. I have no particular desire to make her family uncomfortable due to me sorta... stumbling around in the dark.

As for marrying African American women (Muslim). My grandmother is south American Arawak Indian and her father is Caucasian from Scotland. My father is the only "real" African American in the family and I don't have much connection to them as a people so marrying from them was sort of.... out of the question for me. Heck I didn't even grow up in America.

That said i reiterate... there is a benefit to learning the culture so I understand the mentality.

Ali I thank you for your .... honestly scathing reply.
thehassanabdi

Wednesbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

AbuAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Ali thanks for the seemingly reasonable reply.
I'm not trying to become Somali and inshaallah that is understood.
Not to debate but I'd disagree about the need to learn the culture. There have been a few embarrassing moments because of my general ignorance of Somali culture and what is expected from me. I have no particular desire to make her family uncomfortable due to me sorta... stumbling around in the dark.
As for marrying African American women (Muslim). My grandmother is south American Arawak Indian and her father is Caucasian from Scotland. My father is the only "real" African American in the family and I don't have much connection to them as a people so marrying from them was sort of.... out of the question for me. Heck I didn't even grow up in America.
That said i reiterate... there is a benefit to learning the culture so I understand the mentality.
Ali I thank you for your .... honestly scathing reply.
Keep dreaming piggy!
This convo makes me sad

Somalia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

I would like to point out that the people tend to congregate with like minded folks, and this website has never been a bastion of good reason and moral fortitude. That being said, welcome to the family. The divisiveness that you see here is much of what ruined the country, and contrary to their rhetoric Somalia is not homogeneous. There are minorities such as the Bantu and Brava, and sadly they did not have a good time...
That being said Somali's aren't inherently racist, in fact Somalia was one of the first countries to have a multi-ethic army.
All I can say is stay strong. If you want to learn about Somalian culture you should really ask your wife, learning from your partner is an important bonding experience. Sadly by marrying you, you and your wife's kids do exist outside the clan system which means...they are half Somali. Only listen to people when they make sense, and please don't take the fools here as a reflection of Somali people; your wife probably gets some flak too so support her and remember there are a ton more people like her, and her family. Good luck.
Nafisa L

Northampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Mashallah sister as long as you happy for it is Allah that knows your journey through life You ignorant people do make me laugh so racist really sometimes one would think you'd worshiped you culture then Allah remember religion has no racial barriers and no culture barriers we are all Muslims
assomal

Mörfelden-walldorf, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Hibaq wrote:
You can marry who you like. But it is true, your kids are not Somalis. You made the decision and you have to live with it. This is why you should have not allowed yourself to get close with a non Somali if you are worried about your kids not being somalis.
Yes its her decision to be whom she wants to be but just because she didn't marry a somali guy doesn't make her children less somali. Is there someone I don't know who decides who is somali and who is not? Im sick of that sh*! I cant stand your ignorance! We are all human beings created from the Almighty and it's not our business to criticise decisions others make.

“Headlines should be longer Smh”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

assomal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes its her decision to be whom she wants to be but just because she didn't marry a somali guy doesn't make her children less somali. Is there someone I don't know who decides who is somali and who is not? Im sick of that sh*! I cant stand your ignorance! We are all human beings created from the Almighty and it's not our business to criticise decisions others make.
Are you Muslim?
If so.
Then Allah determines your race/tribe depending on who your father is.
The Prophet SCW was qureysh.(BECAUSE OF HIS FATHER) If his mother was quresh and his father was Somali, he'd be SOMALI not arab.
Again. If a Somali female marries outside of her race, that child in Islam and in Allah is not SOMALi, he becomes whatever his father is.(BLACK/WHITE/ASIAN/etc.

Notice how biracial black/white children in America usually are considered BLACK even though they're mixed?

Race is a funny thing. Dont stress yourself out.
If your father isn't Somali, you dont have a tribe, you dont have a name, you dont have history in Somalia, therefore if you dont have a SOMALI TRIBE, you aint Somali.
Common sense.
anon1573

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2014

My niece happens to be mixed race. She is somali and white. Because her father is somali and the wife is british nobody questions their relationship. THEY JUDGE THE WOMEN ! I find it degrading becauae they look at somali women as weak and helpless. I am ashamed. And these somali boys act like thugs and don't educate themselves

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Somalia Forum right now

Search the Somalia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
according to the cia demographic study there ar... 42 min jamac 5
Somalis complain about South Africa (Jun '13) 46 min Fred 44
Young Somali Girls Used as PROSTITUTES in KENYA!!! (Feb '12) 48 min Somalis are black ennigaz 35
New trend Somali men marrying Indian Muslim women (Aug '12) 1 hr Somalis are black ennigaz 139
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) 2 hr daacad 4,231
Somalia Bantu problem (Feb '13) 3 hr Muqdisho Post 292
We're not superior complex!! 5 hr Somalis are black ennigaz 4
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 13 hr Boodhari 1,519
•••
•••
•••
•••