First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Abaseen Yosufzai

Afghanistan

#108 Jan 31, 2013
I really wonder about my race, i read topic every day, but I have not achieved the results.
Sheekhal

Oslo, Norway

#109 Feb 26, 2013
i want DNA test genetic signature of Eb1b1,Clincein Norway to Know Where im ancister from,my parent told me origan Arabic,yemen and Iraq Mother Oromo Then Sheekhal, i dont know one thing Muslim Soomaal.
i hope we all same family
Im Somali My father Family Xingod,my mother father Jariban,her mother Harer and Wajid,
Anonymous

UAE

#110 Sep 7, 2013
herah wrote:
<quoted text>
dude, she's right. We could actually be of the Jewish ancestory.
I may not be a student of lineage but I'm a person of basic logic.Somali race is something of many peoples interest as this thread is a clear illustration of such.I've even heard some say things like : we are the ancient Egyptians,Hamitic, half-Semitic and the latest of this lot a Jew.

REASONS WE CANNOT BE JEWISH :READ ON
I can say countless of reason why we can't be entirely Jew.there might be a few among us like every other nation has.Jews (ethnic jews) can be found in just about any race I'm not jesting around.They're scattered everywhere.They were nomads.(before the state of Israel)

And not to disregard our talents but if we were Jewish in any way we would be a leading and powerful country.All of us would be excessively intelligent and crafty.we would be diligent and shrewd.( also cursed) but mostly successful due to our genetic inheritance that would serve us the abilities and attainments. We wouldn't be an all doom and gloom country that can't end and ongoing tribal wars.

Also as a somali I should say that we are no different from our brothers in the west (Afica).we are black and belong to Africa we were Christians before we reverted to islam and our historic findings are not very distinctive to other Africans.(let's be honest) also we look just like all the other neighboring countries around us!!!! Isn't that enough?!! I swear I had a friend who ones told me that she can't tell any difference between us and Sudan people.I was butt-hurt but I can understand.

Why do we have to label and put ourselves in boxes.We are somali and we belong to Somalia! Thank Allah SWT a bunch we have a country,(that's on the verge of progressing- on not)... But atleast we have a country we can call our own.
noone

Manchester, UK

#112 Oct 9, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not be a student of lineage but I'm a person of basic logic.Somali race is something of many peoples interest as this thread is a clear illustration of such.I've even heard some say things like : we are the ancient Egyptians,Hamitic, half-Semitic and the latest of this lot a Jew.
REASONS WE CANNOT BE JEWISH :READ ON
I can say countless of reason why we can't be entirely Jew.there might be a few among us like every other nation has.Jews (ethnic jews) can be found in just about any race I'm not jesting around.They're scattered everywhere.They were nomads.(before the state of Israel)
And not to disregard our talents but if we were Jewish in any way we would be a leading and powerful country.All of us would be excessively intelligent and crafty.we would be diligent and shrewd.( also cursed) but mostly successful due to our genetic inheritance that would serve us the abilities and attainments. We wouldn't be an all doom and gloom country that can't end and ongoing tribal wars.
Also as a somali I should say that we are no different from our brothers in the west (Afica).we are black and belong to Africa we were Christians before we reverted to islam and our historic findings are not very distinctive to other Africans.(let's be honest) also we look just like all the other neighboring countries around us!!!! Isn't that enough?!! I swear I had a friend who ones told me that she can't tell any difference between us and Sudan people.I was butt-hurt but I can understand.
Why do we have to label and put ourselves in boxes.We are somali and we belong to Somalia! Thank Allah SWT a bunch we have a country,(that's on the verge of progressing- on not)... But atleast we have a country we can call our own.
You mean Israeli. Because Judaism is a religion and its followers are Jews; just like Islam is a religion and its followers are Muslims. You can't be 'ethinically' Jewish. It's like saying, "I'm ethnically Muslim". Yeah, it's that ridiculous!
Somalia is situated near (just under) the Middle East. Maybe some have Israeli heritage, Allahu a3lam. We can debate over this for ages, but the underlying point is, nobody knows. Because, unfortunately, Somali history was never documented. So we don't know how Somalia formed, from what ancient people we are from, or atleast related to etc etc. There are many theories, but that's it, it's just theories.
P.S,'Israelis' are an ethnic group. Many of the Prophets mentioned in the Qur'an were Israelis. They (the Prophets and other righteous Israelis like the mother of 3isa, Maryam) were truly blessed people. So it's extremely wrong to say that they were/are cursed! Noone is punished for the sins of their father. Besided, there are Israeli Muslims.
P.P.S, You're intellect isn't passed down through genetics. This is the kind of racism that existed in the past where white people believed they were the most intelligent people due to being 'white' and black people were daft/stupid due to their genetics. This is false. We all have brains, we're all human.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#113 Oct 11, 2013
If your mother is Jewish, you are Jewish no matter what religion you convert to.
Bint somaliyah

Ashburn, VA

#115 Nov 6, 2013
We are just somalis alxmdulilah..... We have our own language and same relgion alxamdulilah.... And as far as i heard pashto pple maybe from jewsh background as i have some frnds .. Bt we are somalis a unique pple. And only Allah can tell us how we come into being... Insha Allah in jannatul firdowsa....... The gumestayaashii hid our history but from Allah nthng is hidden.
soul system

Toledo, OH

#116 Nov 6, 2013
We're Somalian African madows
Mingus

London, UK

#117 Dec 4, 2013
Somaliluver wrote:
Maxaa adiga kahadlaysaa? Aniga maxaa ii malaysay? Inaa gaal ahay miyaa ii malaysay doqon, doqon kali jirin. Lolz. People like you who are so negative of their heritage are the ones that have destroyed Somalia, LOSER!
You're a Ethiopian somali wanna be, habash gus laq

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#118 Dec 30, 2013
The Yibir clan are a minority in the Somali population. So the thread is already disproved.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#120 Sep 21, 2014
We pashtuns nothing 2 do with a lost tribe of israel its fake made up theory why its so hard 2 understand?

Location hidden

#121 Sep 21, 2014
Phenix the Saracen wrote:
on the otherhand hebrews and israilites refers to those who desent from yacquub (jacob) a.k.a israil, who was the son of isxaaq (lsac), who was the son ibrahim (abraham) who was origanaly from babylon (modern day iraq). most of their desents now living through out the middle east majorety being muslims with rest being christians, athiast etc..
Somalis or africans maybe related 2 jews but we afghan pashtuns nothing 2 do with jews or israelis

Location hidden

#122 Sep 21, 2014
Somaliluver wrote:
The Afghan and Somali people (who falsely claim they are Arab or Persian) are actually of Jewish stock. Most people think that being Jewish or Hebrew is wrong, then is more then one third of the Prophets we read about in the Qur'an or hear about are Bani Israil (Children of Israel: Jacob son of Isaac). And how come people always discriminate against them when we carry names like: Issa, Yahya, Yaqub, Maryam, Musa, etc. We need to stop this bull crap, because all the real negativity that comes against Jews or people of Hebrew descend is because of the Zionist state of Israel. This has nothing to do with Judaism, Jewish people, or people who have Bani Israelic ancestory because most of our beloved prophets came from there. Its like saying all Muslims are terrorists are extremists, which is not true at all, Subhan Allah.
Now the Pashtun people of Afghanistan are from the lost tribe of Benjamin (Binyamin/Benyamin) and they are descendent of Qais Abdul Rashid the ancestor of the Pashtun race he was the thirty-seventh descendent of King Saul (Malik Talut in Arabic the Benjamite) who ruled Israel before David and Solomon (PBUT). The Somali Yibir tribe have lived in Somalia before the arrival of the Arab Muslim colonialists such as Shiekh Yusuf Al-Kuwnayn who converted almost all Somalis into Islam later on. The Yibirs called themselves Yibir Safardi which means "Sephardic Hebrews/Jews" Sepharidic means any Hebrew or Jew of North African, Iberian, Horn African, and Middle Eastern descent as opposed to Ashkenaz or "German or Eastern European Jews".
Prior to that their has also been a large migration of Yemenite Jews (Yahudi Temanim) into Mogadishu starting from 1901, and assimalted hiding their religious identity as religious conflicts rose in Somalia, a lot of them married into the Somali majority. Yemenite Jews are the oldest Jewish community in Arabia and in Somalia who were migrants from the missionary of Prophet Ezra (Prophet Uzair in Islam). There are Jewish grave yards in Somalia most of Yemenite Jewish people, sadly a portion of these grave yards were destroyed and houses were built over it. Most Yemenite Jews arrived in modern day Mogadishu and made large settlements.
Another contribution to Jewish migration in Somalia other than the original Hebrews and the Yemenite Jews, a more recent one was the arrival of Italian Jews. Italian Jews comprise the largest portion of European Jews and are sometimes regarded as Ashkanazi Jews and most Southern Italian Jews being considered Sephardic Jews. The Italian officers and ministers who entered Somalia in the '30s were reported to have married young Somali women. A large portion of those Italian officers were of Jewish ancestory. DNA results have shown that along with the J chromosome in Jews (and Arabs and other Semites) the largest other chromosome was the E1b1b chromosome found in high frequencies in the Horn of Africa and other Middle Eastern populations. Also the Beta Israel maternal DNA mitochondrial chromosome was found to be largly present in the Somali population.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemenite_Jew
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qais_Abdur_Rashi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yibir
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephardi_Jews
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Israel
There's also a reason why Israel recognized Somalia's independence in 1960 the first country ever. And how come Israel allows Somali students from abroad to study and live in Israel. They also have a large population of Somalis there too. Somalis are seriously from Bani Israil and they should acknowlege it and not be upset. Wallahi I have seen so much Hasidic Rabbis who converted to Islam and married Somali women. There's nothing bad of being descendent of Prophet Yaqub bin Ishaaq bin Ibrahim (SAW).
we pashtuns nothing 2 do israelis or persains we are compeletly different people
Yonis Mazin

Falls Church, VA

#123 Sep 21, 2014
Somali roast master wrote:
The Yibir clan are a minority in the Somali population. So the thread is already disproved.
The Yibirs were one of the last clans to give up Judaism and convert to Islam. Though it's often stated that they are "Israelites", that's not the case. They are ethnic Somalis as are other Somali clans. Many Somalis in the north converted from following Somali Mythology (a monotheistic religion that worshiped a god card "Ebbe"; which is very similar to the creatures mentioned in Egyptian text) to Judaism. The Yibirs were the last to convert hence why they are often called "Jews/Hebrews" in modern times. They married amongst each other hence forming a clan hence why anyone who descends from them are called as such.
Afghan Prince

Mississauga, Canada

#124 Sep 26, 2014
This is all BS and you know it. Pashtuns are R1a positive like 77% of them while Somalis are E1b which are NOT jewish markers, You people need to give this bullcrap up, the story of qais is fake and is made up by pashtuns to make themselves feel special.

Infact, Pashtuns are the original Aryans! they are NOT JEWS!
Yonis Mazin

Falls Church, VA

#125 Sep 27, 2014
Afghan Prince wrote:
This is all BS and you know it. Pashtuns are R1a positive like 77% of them while Somalis are E1b which are NOT jewish markers, You people need to give this bullcrap up, the story of qais is fake and is made up by pashtuns to make themselves feel special.
Infact, Pashtuns are the original Aryans! they are NOT JEWS!
One does not have to of a certain ethnic group to be Jewish. There are Arab Jews, European Jews, Black Jews, and even Asain Jews. As you can ethnicity has nothing to do with it.

Location hidden

#126 Sep 27, 2014
Yonis Mazin wrote:
<quoted text>
One does not have to of a certain ethnic group to be Jewish. There are Arab Jews, European Jews, Black Jews, and even Asain Jews. As you can ethnicity has nothing to do with it.
I do agree with ya but i dont believe that we are the lost tribe of israel
Afghan Prince

Mississauga, Canada

#127 Sep 29, 2014
Why the hell was my comment deleted? Anyways i will say it again.

Afghans are NOT jews we are aryans and are R1a and somalis are cushites who are eb1. Neither are jews!
jaylaani

Tanzania, United Republic of

#128 Sep 29, 2014
The Professor wrote:
Excuse me you racist bastard you think Somalis are the only people who discriminate in the world? You think that everybody else is good and perfect? YOU'RE THE BIGGEST AND MOST EVIL RACIST THEN! We're talking about the Jewish people not the Jewish religion, please know the difference you ignorant bafoon! Some Jews are Christians and some are Muslim, you idiot!
God I hate extremist idiotic morons like you, you are a shame to Islam and this one of the reasons why we have the Muslim world like this. Do you know the first martyr in Islam was a Jew who converted? Of course you don't you idiotic, moronic, extremist bafoon! Get out of here and stop discriminating against a minority of people. Who are you to make Takfir? Are you scholar or are you Allah? You just became a Kaffir by calling a whole nation of Muslims Kuffar! Good riddance Islam doesn't idiots like you.
when we become jews no way we are not n the other hand we are racist
Fatima Faraanti

Nairobi, Kenya

#129 Sep 29, 2014
It's sad how we Somalis are always the first to claim other ethnic groups, and cycle away from our own pride and identity. We're not jews, nor are we Arabs. We're Somali, simple as effing that.

Now that we go that out of the way, come join me at www.qurbojoog.com and chat with fellow somalis like me and you. Yallah!
md_diiriye

Richmond, CA

#130 Sep 29, 2014
Fatima Faraanti wrote:
It's sad how we Somalis are always the first to claim other ethnic groups, and cycle away from our own pride and identity. We're not jews, nor are we Arabs. We're Somali, simple as effing that.
Now that we go that out of the way, come join me at www.qurbojoog.com and chat with fellow somalis like me and you. Yallah!
Thank you Fatima Faraanti for setting the record straight. I couldn't have said it better. I'll join the Chat as well. We need a place of our own where we have flu control so as to filter all the so-called trolls, sheegatoos as well as the hate mongers from all walks of life.

Once again, thank wallaal Fatima. Noolow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does everyone hate Habar Gidir???? 30 min selina london 11
Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al-Ghazi: Who was? (Mar '10) 1 hr Tolstoy 182
Do you think Ogaden WILL Come back to Somalia? 2 hr hanuunshe 18
Hawiye 5 hr Midnightnoon 81
Learn from; Asian Self Hate, White Worship, and... 7 hr Tnn 12
The real reasons Somalis were never slaves. (Oct '12) 7 hr Samaale 279
what are somalis known for? 8 hr Reality Strikes 28
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 22 hr thirstyyaya 1,881
More from around the web