Somali Female

Edgware, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

As gorgeous as these women are, it would be nice to see some variation. I mean, not all of us are unbelievably tall, with chocolatey skin and slender necks - we come in all shapes and sizes, and for some reason, when it comes to Somali models, we're bombarded with one type. Kinda like Western fashion magazines are fetishizing them, marketing them as "exotic objects". I don't know your thoughts, but that's what I'm getting from all of this.
hooyo switzerland zurich

Basel, Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Somali Female wrote:
As gorgeous as these women are, it would be nice to see some variation. I mean, not all of us are unbelievably tall, with chocolatey skin and slender necks - we come in all shapes and sizes, and for some reason, when it comes to Somali models, we're bombarded with one type. Kinda like Western fashion magazines are fetishizing them, marketing them as "exotic objects". I don't know your thoughts, but that's what I'm getting from all of this.
sister you either got it or you dont so dont be mad bless you sisters
Somali Female

Edgware, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

Lol haha, the beauty of any nation is diversity. We're not all identical - we look different. Some are light, some are dark, some are short, some are tall - like any other nation. I don't have a problem with these women, I think they are stunning. The problem I have are the Western fashion industry objectifying them as these exotic commodities when we all look different, just like white models.

What is "it"? Somali women don't all have to be tall, thin and with slender necks and defined cheekbones to be considered beautiful. There isn't a standard - we're all gorgeous.
hooyo switzerland zurich

Basel, Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Somali Female wrote:
Lol haha, the beauty of any nation is diversity. We're not all identical - we look different. Some are light, some are dark, some are short, some are tall - like any other nation. I don't have a problem with these women, I think they are stunning. The problem I have are the Western fashion industry objectifying them as these exotic commodities when we all look different, just like white models.
What is "it"? Somali women don't all have to be tall, thin and with slender necks and defined cheekbones to be considered beautiful. There isn't a standard - we're all gorgeous.
as i said my earlier in my post you either got it or you dont i rest my case

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Somali Female wrote:
Yeah..but it's fashion. They like those girls we call ugly, tall,dark,long neck,very skinny,no boobs&ass. And there are alot of those girls.

You can't deny these girls look amazing!! without being trash(big boobs,ass)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

I if you look at the first link, you can see more somalis models.
Busted

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Somali Female wrote:
Hooyo is mental it's best to ignore all of her posts. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

:?
Ruby

Heanor, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

I'm feeling all their creative hair styles. I love doing mad stuff to my hair. These pictures are inspiring a new winter look LOL
ash-shahbaa_x

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

soo, stunning mA. Somali women are blessed :p

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

I like their hair to.
egal

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

i noticed that all those models have very nordic facial features. not to mention they all are natural skinny. i think thats the main reason they nailed those jobs.
Hakim

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

neverahateralwaysalover wrote:
http://www.timodelle-magazine. com/?s=somali
wallah... I didn't know somalis were so...
http://www.timodelle-magazine.com/senait-gide...
Senait Gedey isnot Somali;but Habesha.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Hakim wrote:
<quoted text>Senait Gedey isnot Somali;but Habesha.
they said she is somali.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Hakim wrote:
<quoted text>Senait Gedey isnot Somali;but Habesha.
read here...unless she is a dirty habesha who said she is somali to get refuge to Canada.

Le mannequin Canadien d’origine somalienne Senait Gidey très chic et élégante pour Dress To Kill Magazine

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

egal wrote:
i noticed that all those models have very nordic facial features. not to mention they all are natural skinny. i think thats the main reason they nailed those jobs.
Nordic face!! They look so somali. look at the long neck, only somalis have it. Iman..etc

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Somalia Forum right now

Search the Somalia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Somali people are NOT black 24 min Sheikh Voodoo 87
Pope Francis Asks Forgiveness of Sex Abuse Victims 1 hr freeman 4
Somali delegation completes course on election ... 2 hr anarchist 4
Ethiopian girls vs Somali girls (Nov '10) 3 hr Obvious 61
Why do Arabs hate Somali so much, what did we e... (Jan '13) 3 hr anarchist 244
Why are Ethiopians more beautiful and lighter t... (Nov '13) 3 hr Faarax gus 25
For Somali sisters on topix 4 hr Sheikh Voodoo 5
•••
•••