Paki Parents Murder "Westernised" Daughter

Posted in the Somalia Forum

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 4, 2012
"London – A British court found a Pakistani-born couple guilty of murdering their “westernised” teenage daughter in an apparent honour killing.

Iftikhar Ahmed (52) and his wife Farzana (49) were both found guilty of murder yesterday at Chester Crown Court in Cheshire, north-west England, after suffocating their 17-year-old daughter Shafilea in 2003.

In a high-profile case, Shafilea’s sister Alesha told the jury her mother had said:“Just finish it here,” as they forced a plastic bag into Shafilea’s mouth in front of their other children.

Iftikhar Ahmed stood impassively as the verdicts were given, while his wife wiped tears from her eyes with a tissue. They were due to be sentenced later yesterday.

Three of their children also broke down in tears as they watched from the courtroom.

Shafilea had disappeared from the family home in the town of Warrington, near Chester, in September 2003, and her body was found five months later on a riverbank in Cumbria, north-west England.

Prosecutors said the couple murdered her because they felt her “western” habits, such as wearing make-up and talking to boys, had brought shame on the family.

The court heard that Shafilea had run away from home and asked the local authority to provide her with emergency accommodation, just before she was drugged and taken to Pakistan in February 2003 to be forced into a marriage.

In a letter to social services, she said she had suffered from regular domestic violence since she was 15.

“One parent would hold me while the other hit me,” she wrote.“I was prevented from attending college and my part-time job.”

Her main reason for running away was that her parents “were going to send me to Pakistan and get me married to someone,” she added.

Iftikhar Ahmed, a taxi driver, denied the murder and said Shafilea ran away from home.

His wife also denied the killing, but told the jury she saw her husband beating Shafilea and believed that he killed her. "

- Sapa - AFP

http://www.citypress.co.za/International/News...

Let´s hope that Somalis NEVER adopt "honor" killings.

Since: Jul 12

Oudehaske, Netherlands

#2 Aug 4, 2012
That is one sad story. How can one kill their own child? Devils breed these Pakis.

“Gaal wannabe”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3 Aug 4, 2012
Boqor wrote:
Devils breed these Pakis.
lol... When I was a kid I was unfortunate enough to get my hand on the book Thousand and One nights, the arabic adult version. The stories were filled of slavery, sex, and muslim superstition... and get this, stories Muslim virtuous fathers killing their sinful daughters and sons. Who knew that horror shyt was for real.

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 4, 2012
Wallahi I knew it was INSEARCH before I entered this thread. :D fitna badanaa this one

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 Aug 4, 2012
FaraxZeroIncome wrote:
Wallahi I knew it was INSEARCH before I entered this thread.:D fitna badanaa this one
I just shared a story.

“Republican Party of Somalia”

Since: May 11

London, uk

#6 Aug 4, 2012
The death sentence is needed here too these exetremist monsters
jamac

London, UK

#8 Aug 4, 2012
INSEARCH_OF wrote:
<quoted text>
I just shared a story.
so whats your point here ? u know somalis dont honour kill and its not islamic either ...its a cultural thing....your trying to say this is wht muslims do lol ...may allh guide this madhibaan atheist amin .

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 4, 2012
jamac wrote:
<quoted text>so whats your point here ? u know somalis dont honour kill and its not islamic either ...its a cultural thing....your trying to say this is wht muslims do lol ...may allh guide this madhibaan atheist amin .
Why so defensive? I posted this in the Somalia forum because there are people like you and that troll Nomadic Prince who believe that certain girls are dhilos who deserve to be killed. I know Somalis don´t do this and that this practice is foreign to us. However, there are people among us (such as yourself) who hold the exact same attitudes as the barbaric gorillas in the story who murdered their own daughter. Thankfully, you and your fellow savage monkeys don´t act on your words. Let´s keep it that way.

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 4, 2012
Zeynab wrote:
This problem is is huge among the Pakistanis, Indians, and Afghanis for example. We often hear how they murdered sister in law because she was cheating or the in-laws didn't like her, and a daughter was adopting western lifestyle.
It wasn't long ago that we had a shocking case when a father, a mother and their son murdered four family members all at once; three daughters of theirs along with the father's first wife because the girls liked her, acuudubilaah.
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/29/shafia-v...
It's very sad because these things happen more often than you would anticipate despite all of the laws in these western countries prohibiting such crime as honour killing.
And, I think that the idea of this happening in our community is frightening, however, it may already be germinating; look at all of these measures put in place by Alshabab and even what came after they were over thrown -nimankaan leh shari'ca rabnaa what do you think they're after?
Wow! That story was something else. Those people give "dysfunctional family" a whole new meaning.
jamac

London, UK

#11 Aug 4, 2012
INSEARCH_OF wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so defensive? I posted this in the Somalia forum because there are people like you and that troll Nomadic Prince who believe that certain girls are dhilos who deserve to be killed. I know Somalis don´t do this and that this practice is foreign to us. However, there are people among us (such as yourself) who hold the exact same attitudes as the barbaric gorillas in the story who murdered their own daughter. Thankfully, you and your fellow savage monkeys don´t act on your words. Let´s keep it that way.
lol ''people like you'' i havent killed my daughter and then throw her in the thames river lol....u need medical help were u abused as a child lool ...im against atheism and feminism...i hate how u claim to be muslim but post anti-islamic stuff.....isku xishood.....u aint fooling no one here u midgaan daanyeer lmao

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#12 Aug 4, 2012
jamac wrote:
<quoted text> lol ''people like you'' i havent killed my daughter and then throw her in the thames river lol....u need medical help were u abused as a child lool ...im against atheism and feminism...i hate how u claim to be muslim but post anti-islamic stuff.....isku xishood.....u aint fooling no one here u midgaan daanyeer lmao
Hi FaraxZeroIncome you need to update your vocabulary. You´ve been calling a midgaan danyeer atheist for over a year now. It´s getting quite boring.
jamac wrote:
<quoted text> lol ''people like you'' i havent killed my daughter and then throw her in the thames river lol......im against atheism and feminism...i hate how u claim to be muslim but post anti-islamic stuff
Yes, people like you. I don´t care what you´re pro or against. I don´t see what´s so unislamic about this thread. You´re being paranoid.

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#14 Aug 4, 2012
His location is DISPLAYED and she still thinks I am him.

INSEARCH I thought we had some kind of agreement, you seriously want to go down that road again?

“Gaal wannabe”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#15 Aug 4, 2012
FaraxZeroIncome wrote:
His location is DISPLAYED and she still thinks I am him.
INSEARCH I thought we had some kind of agreement, you seriously want to go down that road again?
I really think you're jamac too though.

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#16 Aug 4, 2012
FaraxZeroIncome wrote:
His location is DISPLAYED and she still thinks I am him.
INSEARCH I thought we had some kind of agreement, you seriously want to go down that road again?
"His" location showed Milton Keynes once, plus he has your vocabulary and your obsession with labelling me as an atheist and midgaan...lol, what do you expect me to think?

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#17 Aug 4, 2012
LOOK AT HIS LOCATION NOW! And so what, am I the only one who has that location?

Also, a person who has a location of Milton Keynes doesn't actually live there...

“Gaal wannabe”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#18 Aug 4, 2012
FaraxZeroIncome wrote:
LOOK AT HIS LOCATION NOW! And so what, am I the only one who has that location?
Also, a person who has a location of Milton Keynes doesn't actually live there...
When you said "you want to go that road again?" I wasn't expecting whimpers and pleadings. Shall we say it's because of Ramadan and Iblis being chained?

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19 Aug 4, 2012
I won't allow you to provoke me. The fact that you claim Somali and an Atheist talking tough behind a keyboard, to show how brave you are, to show how you believe in your "ideology" is just plain embarrassing.

Get on camera and tell the world just like the gay dude, he had more balls than you (figuratively speaking this time)

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#20 Aug 4, 2012
FaraxZeroIncome wrote:
I won't allow you to provoke me. The fact that you claim Somali and an Atheist talking tough behind a keyboard, to show how brave you are, to show how you believe in your "ideology" is just plain embarrassing.
Get on camera and tell the world just like the gay dude, he had more balls than you (figuratively speaking this time)
Keep the gay dude out of this. He is my new idol.

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#21 Aug 4, 2012
INSEARCH_OF wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep the gay dude out of this. He is my new idol.
And braver than this guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Do Muslims Suck On Education? 12 min Sheikh Voodoo 8
The best city in Somalia?? 14 min Dacar 9
Kenya is trying to Steal Somali Oil 20 min Sheikh Voodoo 39
Somalia should partner with Israel (Jul '10) 25 min Hage Tahir 12
Somali girls marry white muslim converts (Aug '10) 1 hr ProudSomaliGirl 96
North Dir vs. South Dir (Jun '11) 2 hr Gurey60 9
What is the population of shaanshi reer xamar a... 2 hr Gurey60 33
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) Tue raaxeeye77 1,791
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) Tue ha iweydiin magac... 4,489
More from around the web