when you say somalis are not arab, you either one of these two. read

Posted in the Somalia Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
abdul Akh

London, UK

#1 Mar 9, 2013
1. Your family migrated from west africa or something, to somalia and you are not arab.

2. You don't know your tribe and anything about your ancestor. So I advice you to go find out and see who your ancestors are.

- Darood tribe, our Ancestor is named Sheikh Abd'rahmaan bin sheikh ismaail al-jabarti. He is a the son of the a famous sufi sheikh, sheikh Ismaail was sufi saint who lived in Yemen and his tomb is located at Bab Siham in the Zabid District of western Yemen.

The famous Islamic scholar Al masudi have mentioned our ancestor in his book about the descendant. Of Aqeel ibn abi talib, uncle of the prophet a.s.w, the great scholar also provided the linage of our ancestor sheikh abd rahman (darood)
Which goes back to the banu hashim tribe of the prophet a.s.w.
abdul Akh

London, UK

#2 Mar 9, 2013
-Hawiye which is also a major tribe like daarod have arab ancestor, Irir samaale.

According to traditions recorded in Shariif 'Aydaruus Shariif 'Ali's Bughyat al-amaal fii taariikh as-Soomaal (1955), the patriarch Samaale arrived in northern Somalia from Yemen during the 9th century and subsequently founded the eponymous Somali ethnic group.

-Theyr bin Abdalla as mentioned in the book "Futuh ul-Habasha", is father (and brother of Hawiye irir) of Somali tribe 'Dir'.

Isaaq is also one of the major tribes in somalia like hawiye and darood... Their ancestor is named sheikh Is'haaq ibn Ahmed Al hashimi.

According to early Islamic books and Somali tradition, the Isaaq clan was founded in the 12th or 13th century with the arrival of Shaykh Ishaq ibn Ahmad al-Hashimi from Arabia, one of the Prophet Muhammad's early followers. He settled in the coastal town of Maydh in modern-day northernwestern Somalia, where he married into the local Dir clan.

I can't keep on going but most somali are arabs due to their ancestors being an arab men...

If you claim to be somali and are not arab then it will depend on what tribe you are.

Most people who say they somalis are not arabs, they could be the few people that migrated somalia back in the days and they claim to be part of a tribe in order to survive. So they not arab themselves but the tribe they claim are somali arab tribe and they want to tell those people they are not arab!!? We don't even understand what they talking about...

And some who say they are not arab, they say it because they don't know their history.
abdul Akh

London, UK

#3 Mar 9, 2013
Tell me who are the ancestors of darood, hawiye, isaaq and dir etc If they are not arab?

Those are just major tribes and other big tribes have arab ancestors.

If you hate arabs is up to you, if you say you not somali arab is upto you but mate don't speak for us majority somalis. We dont care what you say about yourself, let us be somali arabs and we don't hate arabs and we don't depend on arabs. We do our own thing and always did.

Arabs in Arabia and in North africa are our brothers...
Mogadishu Royalty

Woodford Green, UK

#4 Mar 9, 2013
Abdul, my uncle is doing a major study with his close historian doctorates on the origins of the Somali people. I can't say it all online (not that I even know it) but Hawiye were the first who came around the 8th century after Islam and the the Isaaq came in the 12th century follwoed my the Darood in the 13th. Hawiye had children with local oromo girls and then Isaaq had children with Hawiye girls, but then Isaaq broke into habr this habr this. Each habar is from different ethnicites, like some are abyssinian like Jeclo which is why they are lighter and some are like oromo which is why they are darker. My uncles friend who is a professor at a univerisity in the US is also part of this and he is writing a massive piece on the people who lived there before the Somalis and they were NOT Somali. They have found roman/greek pots there and Somalis who are nomads from the Arabian desert definitely did not make that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarapion

Anyway interesting post. In the future Somalis will not be able to deny it since the Arabization of Somalia will happen very soon by Egypt and the Arab council.
Mogadishu Royalty

Woodford Green, UK

#5 Mar 9, 2013
Some Somalis are not Arab, they have assimilated very much. Assimilation has happened to Hawiye who have a 'Ram nag' ancestor (false name) and basically, they were the first Arabs to enter the Somalis peninsula but Some oromo people (full blooded) have joined their clans and become Somalis and this can be seen from the way someone looks. They generally have a natural inclination to not be Arab.
abdul Akh

London, UK

#6 Mar 9, 2013
Mogadishu Royalty wrote:
Some Somalis are not Arab, they have assimilated very much. Assimilation has happened to Hawiye who have a 'Ram nag' ancestor (false name) and basically, they were the first Arabs to enter the Somalis peninsula but Some oromo people (full blooded) have joined their clans and become Somalis and this can be seen from the way someone looks. They generally have a natural inclination to not be Arab.
Irir samaale were the first and where it all started. Even the name somali came from samaale/soo maale. He is the ancestor of hawiye and some other tribes. His wife could have been oromo, because few oromo and habash people used to live there, but then somali people started to dominate after years.

Isaaq and darood came around the same time.

I know my linage and was told many times. And it goes back to an arab ancestor.

I was born in somalia and if you know people there memorize tribe linage genaration to generation.

The pod you talking about could have been brought there by the romans and the greeks who came to somali early years. Its also said that roman coins where sometimes used in the trades in muqadisho and barbera at the time when it was called ardh al berber (land of berber)

Arabization? As far as I know, in somali we don't hate arab people as some people outside somalia seem to be So in somalia we don't call that arabization.

The word arab or arab people don't sound strange in somalia. You are more likely to be save in somalia if you claim you arab from arabia, than claiming to be white man
Mogadishu Royalty

Woodford Green, UK

#7 Mar 9, 2013
Arabization means when a country embraces Arabic culture lol.

There is a 'Somali' girl on twitter who looks Nigerian with a headscarf and she is claiming to be Somali and also 'Black and proud' uff calayk.
abdul Akh

London, UK

#8 Mar 9, 2013
Mogadishu Royalty wrote:
Arabization means when a country embraces Arabic culture lol.
There is a 'Somali' girl on twitter who looks Nigerian with a headscarf and she is claiming to be Somali and also 'Black and proud' uff calayk.
Lol yh I know what you mean but somalia has already accepted it. Arab men from arabia used to work with sultanates who used to rule mogashishu and barbera back in the day, it won't be hard to get somalia even more arabized, they don't see it as a problem.

There ppl who claim to be somali, who piss me off on the internet, proper dabaalo... Lol
Mogadishu Royalty

Woodford Green, UK

#9 Mar 9, 2013
abdul Akh wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol yh I know what you mean but somalia has already accepted it. Arab men from arabia used to work with sultanates who used to rule mogashishu and barbera back in the day, it won't be hard to get somalia even more arabized, they don't see it as a problem.
There ppl who claim to be somali, who piss me off on the internet, proper dabaalo... Lol
I find it weird because Somalis were more arab in the past, like the guy who defeated the ethiopians, Somalis called him Ahmed gurey when his formal name was Ahmed Al-Ghazi.

Look at the mayor of mogadishu in the past: http://i50.tinypic.com/29eokno.jpg
abdul Akh

London, UK

#11 Mar 9, 2013
SaxarLa wrote:
Well, well, some things cannot be buried easily. For example, our history, DNA and the genes to back it up. Also, dumb and desperate n3groes better read the Rihl of the Great Arab Traveler, Ibn Battuta to get a glimpse of Somalis before they open adoon mouths. However, what we are dealing with are desperate n3grocentrics.
@ Mogadishu Royalty:
The jareer girl you saw on twitter claiming to be Somali, is INSEARCH_OF. She's insearch_of identity like many n3grocentrics and is willing to claim anyone they see vulnerable for instance Somalia is down today. So, with their adoon mind they somehow are convinced that they can fit in. How sad is that?
Lool some jareers really wish they were Somalis, wishing won't make them somali by any chance so instead they hate us more than the cadaans.

Some look down on us aswell, only if they knew somalia back in the days their leaders used to send them to somalia so they could ship them off to Arabia to be slaves and their kings used to get cloths in return.

Inshallah mar dhaw wee arki doonaan sida somalia kor ukacdo.

Ciilka iga kayo kenyanka, I would have re started the slave system but urkooda hadda la nacay lol

How sad can it get. For them!

shut up

Manchester, UK

#12 Mar 9, 2013
sxb honestly i would love to be a descendant of the banu hashim tribe and maybe i am who knows , but ive got a problem with this arab lineage , it just isnt logical ,why ? let me tell you.

Darood , Hawiye and isaaq make up 80% of the somali populations and they all claim arab ancestry.
they all come from Arab shaykhs thats settled in northern somalia in the 12 century .

so basically 80% of the somali population came from only 3 guys only 800 yrs ago LOL that is a fallacy and is not logical it contradicts Dna studies and linguistics studies done on somalis.

the somali population has over 20 haplogroups and the most common are E1B1B1A AND T1 .which totally contradicts the 3 Arab men story .

also another one if somalis came to existence in the 12 century were did our ancient language originate from ? and who spoke it before the shaykhs arrived ?

and when the arabs arrived wouldnt their be a original inhabitants im sure the land wasnt empty ? what happened to the people that were living there prior the shaykhs arrival ? did just die ? where are they today ?

theres alot of things wrong with the banu hashim theory ,i can understand if one clan claims arab ancestry but when the majority of somalis claim arab ancestry is just stupid and illogical.

the isa and gadbursi also claim arab ancestry so whos left ? no one lool, im afraid that bantus will claim our land while us somalis claim to be arab invaders lol its just stupid !

somalis are a confedaration of peoples that assimilated into eachother , a darod can share lineage with a isaaq a hawiye can share lineage with a gadubursi the clan is basically like a gang of diffrent people from diffrent backgrounds grouping for protection and mutaul interest nothing more !

if you believe somalis came from arabs you are a retarded geel jire ;)
Lets get real

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Mar 9, 2013
abdul Akh wrote:
1. Your family migrated from west africa or something, to somalia and you are not arab.
2. You don't know your tribe and anything about your ancestor. So I advice you to go find out and see who your ancestors are.
- Darood tribe, our Ancestor is named Sheikh Abd'rahmaan bin sheikh ismaail al-jabarti. He is a the son of the a famous sufi sheikh, sheikh Ismaail was sufi saint who lived in Yemen and his tomb is located at Bab Siham in the Zabid District of western Yemen.
The famous Islamic scholar Al masudi have mentioned our ancestor in his book about the descendant. Of Aqeel ibn abi talib, uncle of the prophet a.s.w, the great scholar also provided the linage of our ancestor sheikh abd rahman (darood)
Which goes back to the banu hashim tribe of the prophet a.s.w.
Let me ask you something. Are a ARAB MAN or a SOMALI MAN. Is your father today a Arab man or Somali man. And what about your grandfather and his grandfather. We are SOMALIS. You FAIL because lineage is NOT THAT SIMPLE. ONE ARAB MAN doesn't make you arab. Most somalis have 30 to 50 SOMALI MEN and ONE arab man. Last time I check 30 is greater than 1. We are NOT ARABS. Please go and EDUCATE YOURSELF. I am proud of my ancestors and our history and that is why i preach that it was SOMALI MEN AND WOMEN who had fought for our freedoms, SOMALI MEN AND WOMEN who fought the habash, the oromo, the arabs, the British, the Italians, the Americans, the french, etc. NOT Arabs. I will not whitewash my lineage. The reason I am here today is because of SOMALIS not because of the ONE ancestor I have who ran away from HIS HOMELAND. That is cowardly.

There are two things i share with the arabs: that ONE ancestor and Islam OTHER THAN THAT. I have a SOMALI NAME, 99.9% of my ancestors were SOMALI MEN, My homeland/motherland is SOMALIA, my native tongue is SOMALI and one day inshallah I will marry a SOMALI man and bear him SOMALI CHILDREN and give them noble SOMALI NAMES. Period POINT BLANK.
jimmy

Burntisland, UK

#14 Mar 10, 2013
At last the truth as come out:Somalis arent africans !They are usurpators who stole lands from bantus aborigines!
Why cant somalis do the right thing by packing up and going back home?Yemen needs them more than africa!Bantus in this place named "somalia" must stand and take back their ancestral land.These people are thieves,usurpartors like the afrikaners in south africa.Many of them want to go back to yemen but they are too poor to afford a return ticket.Lets make a collection to help them go back home!
Mogadishu Royalty

UK

#15 Mar 10, 2013
SaxarLa wrote:
@ Mogadishu Royalty:
The jareer girl you saw on twitter claiming to be Somali, is INSEARCH_OF. She's insearch_of identity like many n3grocentrics and is willing to claim anyone they see vulnerable for instance Somalia is down today. So, with their adoon mind they somehow are convinced that they can fit in. How sad is that?
I gathered, for example where I live in London I sometimes go to the 'Somali areas' and there are women who are Nigerian/Ghanaian that put on a headscarf and hope they fit in with Somalis and people actually assume they are Somali. Look at this for instance: https://twitter.com/CollegeDropoutt/status/31...

Just like the silly girl on twitter who with her flat nose even tweeted once "I hate it when people call me African-American" but in her description it is plastered with "#Muslim #Somali" even though she looks like a typical Nigerian wrapped in a headscarf.
Abudii

NykÝbing, Denmark

#16 Mar 10, 2013
It seems interesting but what about the ancient cities of Opone, Malao, Avarelites and Aromata?.

And the 'Land of Punt' the eyptians talked about? wasn't they all Somalis?
Mogadishu Royalty

UK

#17 Mar 10, 2013
Abudii wrote:
It seems interesting but what about the ancient cities of Opone, Malao, Avarelites and Aromata?.
And the 'Land of Punt' the eyptians talked about? wasn't they all Somalis?
That will all be included, the etymology of those words are greek which shows there was a more *advanced* civilization there before the Somalis and Egyptologists have agreed upon the fact that puntland is not where the land of punt was.
Mogadishu Royalty

UK

#18 Mar 10, 2013
shut up wrote:
Darood , Hawiye and isaaq make up 80% of the somali populations and they all claim arab ancestry.
they all come from Arab shaykhs thats settled in northern somalia in the 12 century.
so basically 80% of the somali population came from only 3 guys only 800 yrs ago LOL that is a fallacy and is not logical it
The DNA studies that are Eb1b1b or whatever aren't exactly the full truth, I mean, they are Eurocentric if you look at it. White people HATE to be descendants from n3gros so they'd rather make us caucausaian and descend from us. But there have been any other studies such as Autosomal and HL antigens which back up the Arab theory. However, only about 60% of the Somali populace are Arab, the rest are Oromo origins/etc. For example, if we look at this logically can me...(even maybe you) who has light/brown skin with a pink bottom lip and soft/curly hair be related to another Hawiye guy pitch black skin with black lips and yellow eyes with nappy hair? you know what I mean, the only logical reasoning is assimilation between people. Our language is ARABIC + OROMO = Somali. So obviously since the Arabs breeded with local oromo/Abyssinian girls their children were bond to assimilate and share languages.

The Arab League know this and it is exactly why we are in there, people always say 'political reasons' wtf? if that was the case every country would join Europe for 'political reasons' and Siad barre who conducted a history of the Somali people found that there was arab origins which then followed in his choice to join the league.
Lets get real

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Mar 10, 2013
Its PATHETIC the way you guys are claiming Arab. LOL just know tomorrow if one of you guys become a great leader for our country your ancestor will say oh he or she is arab because somalis are arabs. LOL

Pathetic indeed. Discounting all the hard work, sacrifice and god know what our SOMALI ancestors had to do to so we can be alive and free today. Clinging to ONE Arab ancestor who was a COWARD, who ran from HIS homeland. If I remember the story correctly he was hiding in a tree when the dir girl found him. LOL what kind of a man hides in a TREE? LOL

Let me ask a quick question: When this Arab ancestor married the dir/SOMALI WOMAN and had kids with her WHO EXACTLY did their children marry? Arabs? Or their local Dir/Somali cousins?

To all those who claim Arab, please leave our homeland because the last time I remember its called SOMALIA not ARABIA. And please have some somali pride and stop this bullshit because I cannot take it anymore. You are all like a filthy African American who claims white because in his lineage there was ONE white ancestor (most likely THE SLAVE MASTER) and the rest were west Africans.
Abudii

NykÝbing, Denmark

#20 Mar 10, 2013
Mogadishu Royalty wrote:
<quoted text>
The DNA studies that are Eb1b1b or whatever aren't exactly the full truth, I mean, they are Eurocentric if you look at it. White people HATE to be descendants from n3gros so they'd rather make us caucausaian and descend from us. But there have been any other studies such as Autosomal and HL antigens which back up the Arab theory. However, only about 60% of the Somali populace are Arab, the rest are Oromo origins/etc. For example, if we look at this logically can me...(even maybe you) who has light/brown skin with a pink bottom lip and soft/curly hair be related to another Hawiye guy pitch black skin with black lips and yellow eyes with nappy hair? you know what I mean, the only logical reasoning is assimilation between people. Our language is ARABIC + OROMO = Somali. So obviously since the Arabs breeded with local oromo/Abyssinian girls their children were bond to assimilate and share languages.
The Arab League know this and it is exactly why we are in there, people always say 'political reasons' wtf? if that was the case every country would join Europe for 'political reasons' and Siad barre who conducted a history of the Somali people found that there was arab origins which then followed in his choice to join the league.
Bro, the Somali language isn't Arabic+Oromo. This language is very ancient. Look at the somali word for Sun = Qorrax . It's divided by two words: Qor and Ra. Qor means Neck and Ra it's the 'Sun God'.
Therefor our word for Sun actually just means: The neck of Ra. Osiris and Horus is actually just somali deities:'Awsar' and 'Hanbo' in Somali.'Hanbo' means 'Leftover food' in Somali, and represents the fox. Therefor you can also see Horus as an fox-headed deity.

Before Somalia was called 'Somalia' it was called Buun or 'Buunt': the 'B' because we embraced arabic nouns, but if we didn't it would be 'Puun' or 'Puunt'.

It's true that many of us is descendants of the three arabic men. But they mixed the population so much that all people ended up by being descendants of them, they married into every sub-tribe at that time. But we are ancient, because where are the people of Ancient Somalia? did they just fled when the Bantus came?

And God knows best. It can be that my statements is false but i want evidences.:)
Mogadishu Royalty

UK

#21 Mar 10, 2013
@Lets get real:

Lol abaayo calm down, no one wants to wipe away Somali history or culture, infact, if we want to be even more Somali then we need to embrace our Arab influences a little bit more? Somali ancestors used swords in their traditional dances for men, right now, Somali men don't even do any traditional dances (well the kids anyway). What does that say about our 'Culture' in the future there will ministries for culture that will research what we were and advertise it, whatever it happens to be, so be it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blacks ruin everything!!! 2 hr Somalibyethnicity... 11
Half Yemeni Half Somali(Help!!! ) (Feb '12) 3 hr Unknown 58
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 4 hr dabewase 1,744
Is He Somali? 5 hr Nin somali 79
!!!!!!!!!Do the Ashraaf Somalis intermarry with... 5 hr old soul 10
25 year old lawyer somali women, is it time to ... 6 hr Sofia 5
Wiil Raba Guurdoon Xalaal ah (Aug '12) 9 hr Xalima 372
dhuqmada siilka iyo mida guska tee macaan sidee... (Mar '11) 22 hr nin culus 1,191
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) Wed hanad walthamstow 4,335
Gabdhaha buuran iyo kuwa dhuuban kuwee raaxo ma... (Apr '10) Sep 16 xamiid kashka 1,314
•••

Somalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••