Sheikh Voodoo

Mernda, Australia

#22 Mar 30, 2013
MrGaalkacyo

Good points and the ogadens have been won permanently by meles and his adminstration. They do enjoy an exceptional political autonomy and a strong economic growth in all sectors and most importantly, they became a major player in shaping the politcs of somalia. Let us hope that they use it wisely and not to forment instability in the somali region of ethiopia that they share with other somali tribes.
Anonymous

UK

#23 Mar 31, 2013
MrGaalkacyo wrote:
Nope, not going to happen. At least not in this century or our life time.
Djibouti = Wants to keep its geopolitical strategic advantage. Also, it has too many Afars for it to join Somalia.
Ethiopia = A sleeping giant who is about to wake up and become a regional power. Emerging powers are characterized by imperial ambitions and growth. Somalia doesn't stand a chance against it. The Ogaden is too valuable to Ethiopia to give away and they will stubbornly keep it.
Kenya = The few Somalis living there are brainwashed and culturally Swahili and Anglicized. They don't want to be part of Somalia.
Greater Somalia is dead.
'Greater Somalia is dead'
Your points above were valid and true and I agree generally on most of your points. Djibouti (French Somaliland) is a small country which is unbearably hot and the land does not possess natural resources, no rivers flow in the country and Djibouti's economy entirely depends on the revenue that the port generates. With its position on the Red Sea, Djibouti
holds a major strategic importance. The
facilities of the Port of Djibouti are important
to sea transportation companies for fuel
bunkering and refuelling. Its transport
facilities are used by several landlocked
African countries for the re-export of their
goods. Djibouti earns transit taxes and
harbour fees from this trade, these form the
bulk of government revenue. Many of the Afars are recent migrants who were brought in by the french so the referendums are in favour of the french. Most of the Afars did not historically live in the region. They make up 35% of the population and the gov which mainly makes up of Somalis from the Dir tribe are determined not to welcome in more Afars who live in Eritrea who live in poverty and who see Djibouti as a an afar country. Somalis in Djibouti need to continue being in power and they need to produce more babies so they dominate the Afar population. Also during the Somal civil war, many southern somalis fled to Djibouti which increased the number of Somalis drastically.

Djibouti has been incredibly generous to Somalia and expressed their interest of seeing a united, stable Somalia. They deploy their soldiers to contribute to Amisom and always see Somalia as their bigger brother. Somalis in Somalia also realize Djiboutis contribution and they' see Djibouti as their next preferred country after theirs. I genuinely believe in the next coming years, somali superiority will be greater than the others and if other regions join the union, they'll look at themselves and say we are not 'Djiboutians' we are Somalis! If another referendum about the possible union of Greater Somalia is given, I certainly know what the verdict is going to be. But now, I urge Somalis not to lose their language, their culture their history and learn the newer generations the language and history. Djibouti will be one of the last regions in Greater Somalia but I have no doubt that they will, after all why did they choose to put the five pointed star on their flag?

The other regions like Ogaden will be one of the easiest to claim back because all of the ogaden population are against tigray rule, Meles's death has been a great moral boost to the population.

The north front district of Kenya will be slightly harder because like you said they have been 'brainwashed' and they see themselves as kenyan somalis. The action taking by the kenyan gov to step up their actions towards terrorists who they say are mainly somali. This crack-down has been seen as extremely unpopular among the somali population who are being discriminated and treated differently from others. Over time tho, they"ll release that Somalia is very welcome to them and they"ll ask themselves why are we in a kufar racist country why can't this area join their native muslim nation or gain some kind of autonomy?
waqooyi

Doha, Qatar

#24 Mar 31, 2013
all you are debating here are childish and minor.great Somalia will rise again,we are the only nation in this horn who got two independent countries plus the longest coast in afrika.our naigbouring countries who keeps a land belongs to the Somalis will be a back door to inter fingure these countries and to controle their intire policy in a way to be a YES countries to the great the SOMALI NATION in the horn.
that is a very very sure thing to specially in the very soon future,after we finish our long civil war and begin to repair our adiministrations that is the only thing SHAKING all of you,even before it comes nearly to happen.
we see the beginning of light now.
Habsa

Ashburn, VA

#25 Apr 1, 2013
I 'm from ogaden/western somali 100% of western somalis have one dream and that is to see one day the greater somalia from djibouti to garisa from bosaso to diredawa imagine what kind of country we are going to have how big plus the rivers the coastline and the oil rich regions with one people somalis may allah help us to achieve our goal
Anonymous

Europe

#26 Apr 2, 2013
Habsa wrote:
I 'm from ogaden/western somali 100% of western somalis have one dream and that is to see one day the greater somalia from djibouti to garisa from bosaso to diredawa imagine what kind of country we are going to have how big plus the rivers the coastline and the oil rich regions with one people somalis may allah help us to achieve our goal
Wow, Insh'allah! When that day comes, I don't think I could hold my tears back because we would be reunited with our brothers after soo much struggle
Perfect Answer

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#27 Jun 15, 2013
Somali1st wrote:
I think we will, only if we unite with Ethiopia, then Eritrea Djibouti and the rest will come by theirselves, we shall then become and called INSHALLAH The United Federal of Horn Africa, or another name like it!
I totally agree with you if horn of Africa is united we will all benefit and be a strong nation
Ali

Irving, TX

#28 Jul 21, 2013
Kenyan Somalis are happy that they are part of what is Kenya now. They see what is happening in Somalia and Ogaden. They are also reminded why they should be happy, sadly though, by the influx of large refugees coming to Kenya from Somalia.
Ali

Irving, TX

#29 Jul 21, 2013
waqooyi wrote:
all you are debating here are childish and minor.great Somalia will rise again,we are the only nation in this horn who got two independent countries plus the longest coast in afrika.our naigbouring countries who keeps a land belongs to the Somalis will be a back door to inter fingure these countries and to controle their intire policy in a way to be a YES countries to the great the SOMALI NATION in the horn.
that is a very very sure thing to specially in the very soon future,after we finish our long civil war and begin to repair our adiministrations that is the only thing SHAKING all of you,even before it comes nearly to happen.
we see the beginning of light now.
Which countries are helping Somalia defeat Al Shabaab? Is that how say thank you to them for their help? Unfortunately, it's people who share your type of thinking is why Somalia is in such bad shape.
Somali Man

Etobicoke, Canada

#30 Jul 21, 2013
If we eliminate the clan system entirely.
XXX

Ethiopia

#31 Jul 21, 2013
What is the benefit of greater Somalia for the Somali people? What would I benefit if I were part of Somaliweyen? Same old, Same old; isn't it?
Jim

Irving, TX

#32 Jul 21, 2013
Somali Man wrote:
If we eliminate the clan system entirely.
I agree! The problem is the Somali clan elders; they will tell you eliminating the clan system goes against the Somali cultural norm. It was easier for Somalis to unite under nationalism to gain independence from the Colonialist, then doing it now with all these feuding clans and sub-clans.
cabdilaahi

Calgary, Canada

#33 Jul 21, 2013
Topix is gona regret for not cleaning up the hate topics towards somalis, if you don't beleive it, you will beleive it when they become a victim of a somali person, that is right, no secrets between humans and evethings leaks, we will talk when that day comes, and if you dead by then, your children will be the victims, somalis know how to take revenge, our greates enjoyment is mogadisho, we make sure they never rest,,...
cabdilaahi

Calgary, Canada

#34 Jul 21, 2013
We thank God for allowing us to take care business as it should be, eye for eye, Somali for life,,..
Somali Man

Etobicoke, Canada

#35 Jul 21, 2013
cabdilaahi wrote:
Topix is gona regret for not cleaning up the hate topics towards somalis, if you don't beleive it, you will beleive it when they become a victim of a somali person, that is right, no secrets between humans and evethings leaks, we will talk when that day comes, and if you dead by then, your children will be the victims, somalis know how to take revenge, our greates enjoyment is mogadisho, we make sure they never rest,,...
Congratz! You are a revenge seeking psychopath. Have a cookie.
Somali Man

Etobicoke, Canada

#36 Jul 21, 2013
XXX wrote:
What is the benefit of greater Somalia for the Somali people? What would I benefit if I were part of Somaliweyen? Same old, Same old; isn't it?
No qabil. Larger resources. Etc. Wealth.
Xasan

United States

#37 Jul 21, 2013
I belief in smaller somalia.because it is better for all of us.the somalia you know now will be reduced to Hiraan,shabeleda dhexe and banadir.that is the future somalia.
Somaliland,puntland,jubaland khatumo,galmudug will all become soveriegn states.there also many more states in the making.
Good bye somaliweyn
XXX

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

#38 Jul 21, 2013
Somali Man wrote:
<quoted text>
No qabil. Larger resources. Etc. Wealth.
What resource are you talking about? The land and the water is already there but there is no peace to farm it! If you are talking about oil, that is something like waiting for Manna from heaven!
Somali Man

Etobicoke, Canada

#39 Jul 21, 2013
XXX wrote:
<quoted text>What resource are you talking about? The land and the water is already there but there is no peace to farm it! If you are talking about oil, that is something like waiting for Manna from heaven!
By the time we get greater somalia, there will be peace. we also have extremely large deposits of uranium.
Ali

Irving, TX

#43 Jul 25, 2013
Xasan wrote:
I belief in smaller somalia.because it is better for all of us.the somalia you know now will be reduced to Hiraan,shabeleda dhexe and banadir.that is the future somalia.
Somaliland,puntland,jubaland khatumo,galmudug will all become soveriegn states.there also many more states in the making.
Good bye somaliweyn
Somalia of the present reminds me of Germany of the past. A German by the name Otto Von Bismarck (Google him)united all the Germanic tribes that were separated and feuding among each other, making a powerful country that had its own small states within itself. Somaliweyn is possible but only after/first States like you said are allowed to prosper. Unfortunately, Prez Hassan of Somalia is using a strategy of political conflict that is isolating some leaders and factions, while empowering others favorable to him. He is trying to split each region politically by intervening in local conflicts and making them worse.
slap ur forehead

Surrey, Canada

#44 Jul 25, 2013
It is complicated, but not impossible!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
G.a.y.s are unnatural, immoral, and sick 29 min Somali bantu 26
why do somalians give birth like rats 1 hr google doll 15
dhuqmada siilka iyo mida guska tee macaan sidee... (Mar '11) 1 hr osmaan 1,252
Most beautiful Pakistani women wow 2 hr Mariam 1
Ok, beside Somali... What Girls you think are m... (Jul '09) 3 hr Mariam 80
take note, TNN, freeman mum/wife 5 hr wow 2
somali christians (Feb '07) 5 hr warsame 916
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 13 hr nin diyara 1,773
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) Mon MrDoggyStyl 4,455

Somalia People Search