Do you think Greater Somalia/ Somaliweyn is possible?

Posted in the Somalia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anonymous

UK

#1 Mar 18, 2013
If you know your history which is that Somalia supported a unity with Italian Somaliland, British Somaliland (Somaliland), Ethiopia Somaliland (Ogaden region/ Somali Region In Ethiopia), NDF of Kenya ( North East province of Kenya and French Somaliland (Djibouti) That are all highly Somali populated, do you think that it will ever happen? I do :)
Anonymous

Birmingham, UK

#2 Mar 18, 2013
Barka wrote:
If you know your history which is that Somalia supported a unity with Italian Somaliland, British Somaliland (Somaliland), Ethiopia Somaliland (Ogaden region/ Somali Region In Ethiopia), NDF of Kenya ( North East province of Kenya and French Somaliland (Djibouti) That are all highly Somali populated, do you think that it will ever happen? I do :)
yeeep datz also ma dream,wish and ambition And yeaah as long as we know dat from dirdawa to garisa dat belongs to us(somalis) And I have a hope one day somaliweyn will STAND together inshallah plus NOT juss greater somalia I also hopping socotra island will be part of somalia!! Somaliweyn hanooolaato (y)
Sheikh Voodoo

South Melbourne, Australia

#3 Mar 18, 2013
No.
shut up

Manchester, UK

#4 Mar 19, 2013
Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
No.
this question was for somalis not fake silicone wannabes !
Somali1st

London, UK

#5 Mar 19, 2013
I think we will, only if we unite with Ethiopia, then Eritrea Djibouti and the rest will come by theirselves, we shall then become and called INSHALLAH The United Federal of Horn Africa, or another name like it!
shut up

Manchester, UK

#6 Mar 19, 2013
Somali1st wrote:
I think we will, only if we unite with Ethiopia, then Eritrea Djibouti and the rest will come by theirselves, we shall then become and called INSHALLAH The United Federal of Horn Africa, or another name like it!
LOL that my freind is not possible , do you know how much trouble it took for eitrea to become independent from ethiopia ? somalia will never unite with ethiopia either , we are already trying to get ogadenia back and uniting with ethiopia is outrageous ! djibouti we should definetly unite with ! we should keep it strictly somali ! but we could unite as allies but never a country NEVER !
geedi

Drammen, Norway

#8 Mar 27, 2013
yes with in 10 years
ILKACASE

Drammen, Norway

#9 Mar 27, 2013
Yes Yes Yes, it must!!!!!!!
xamel

Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of

#10 Mar 27, 2013
wish full thinking at its best thinkthe kenyan will loose their northen part or ethiopia just hand over
ogaden
Haykal

Ashburn, VA

#11 Mar 27, 2013
Maansha allah we in habit 70% of the horn

“Somali? of course.”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#12 Mar 27, 2013
InshAllah.
Somali Atheist

Edmonton, UK

#13 Mar 27, 2013
Somalis will have to ask themselves the age old question of Expansion over Security , it has been seen throughout history that only empires can afford the consequences a expansionist policy for a extended period of time. Lets focus on bringing the current republic to its rightful seat and maybe in the medium term seek economical domination , we need to be self sufficient and strengthen relations to the countries that matter. I think the ogaden will realize its dreams on their own as the disintegration of the Ethiopian regime is in a advanced stage. NFD might not do it on its own , but i think the non Somali population of Kenya will accelerate its path to independence through its inability to control the racist and militant among them who have for a long time feasted on the blood of Somali's.

“Somali? of course.”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Somali Atheist wrote:
Somalis will have to ask themselves the age old question of Expansion over Security , it has been seen throughout history that only empires can afford the consequences a expansionist policy for a extended period of time. Lets focus on bringing the current republic to its rightful seat and maybe in the medium term seek economical domination , we need to be self sufficient and strengthen relations to the countries that matter. I think the ogaden will realize its dreams on their own as the disintegration of the Ethiopian regime is in a advanced stage. NFD might not do it on its own , but i think the non Somali population of Kenya will accelerate its path to independence through its inability to control the racist and militant among them who have for a long time feasted on the blood of Somali's.
Lol 'The Somali Atheist' in Somalia you will have been executed or exiled, and here you want to discuss Somali politics?
Somali Atheist

Edmonton, UK

#15 Mar 27, 2013
You must be young to not know that Somalia or should i say Mogadishu always had a non religious population. The difference is Wahhabism wasn't as wide spread back then and people of your grandparents generation weren't so obsessed with the beliefs of others ( not their family). Im not so stupid as to advertise my atheism in a city were a mere 3 years ago a majority was supporting Al shabab. lol
thehassanabdi

Halesowen, UK

#16 Mar 27, 2013
Somali Atheist wrote:
You must be young to not know that Somalia or should i say Mogadishu always had a non religious population. The difference is Wahhabism wasn't as wide spread back then and people of your grandparents generation weren't so obsessed with the beliefs of others ( not their family). Im not so stupid as to advertise my atheism in a city were a mere 3 years ago a majority was supporting Al shabab. lol
She-male,Since when were you somali? You can fool others but not me idiot
somi

Birmingham, UK

#17 Mar 28, 2013
Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
No.
"Somalia is rising, Iím telling you my people are rising"

"we are a nation who bruise easily but never stay beating"
oilandotherminer als

Denmark

#18 Mar 30, 2013
Hahaha somalia is rising?? That must be the joke of the year warya.. The siituation somalia is in right now is the baddest for 20 years.. There. Is being build indfrastruktur at the moment in somalia so all the minerals and oil can be transported out of the country, all this without the accept og the people who doesent no shit of what is going on.. And nothing will happen undtil the diaspora wake the fuck up!!!
Sheikh Voodoo

Mernda, Australia

#19 Mar 30, 2013
somi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Somalia is rising, Iím telling you my people are rising"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =K4OamH9ZgPYXX
"we are a nation who bruise easily but never stay beating"
this chick is a romanticist who is hoping for peace in southern somalia. what has it got to do with greater somalia? today, people from the same clans can't agree on establishing adminstrations in kismayo, baydaba and marka and would rather solve these issues by killing each other and you seek greater somalia? dream on!!!
Anonymous

UK

#20 Mar 30, 2013
Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
<quoted text>
this chick is a romanticist who is hoping for peace in southern somalia. what has it got to do with greater somalia? today, people from the same clans can't agree on establishing adminstrations in kismayo, baydaba and marka and would rather solve these issues by killing each other and you seek greater somalia? dream on!!!
What you said is ABSOLUTELY true and they should all just realize their Somalis!! But I'm talking in the long term, I have devised a plan consisting of the tigray people in Ethiopia losing their power and when the public choose the oromos in power who are anti-tigray , they will certainly let Ogaden go.

BUT first, we need NATIONAL UNITY, qabils are outdated and useless. We need NATIONAL UNITY from awdal to lower juba.
MrGaalkacyo

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#21 Mar 30, 2013
Nope, not going to happen. At least not in this century or our life time.

Djibouti = Wants to keep its geopolitical strategic advantage. Also, it has too many Afars for it to join Somalia.

Ethiopia = A sleeping giant who is about to wake up and become a regional power. Emerging powers are characterized by imperial ambitions and growth. Somalia doesn't stand a chance against it. The Ogaden is too valuable to Ethiopia to give away and they will stubbornly keep it.

Kenya = The few Somalis living there are brainwashed and culturally Swahili and Anglicized. They don't want to be part of Somalia.

Greater Somalia is dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Qolka garoobka logu raxeyo bashal (Aug '13) 32 min Gus weeyne 2 81
STD Festival!!!!!! 38 min Somali Christian 6
Wiil Raba Guurdoon Xalaal ah (Aug '12) 1 hr Mohamed Abdullahi... 419
G.a.y.s are unnatural, immoral, and sick 2 hr Sheikh Voodoo 22
dhuqmada siilka iyo mida guska tee macaan sidee... (Mar '11) 3 hr ha iweydiin magac... 1,251
!!! Simple!!! if you don't like Somalis don't c... 4 hr dolly folly 22
TROLL doll Alert!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 hr dolly folly 1
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 5 hr nin diyara 1,773
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) Mon MrDoggyStyl 4,455

Somalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE