Somalis and African Americans fighting bigtime in Minnie

Posted in the Somalia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 16, 2013


http://www.usatoday.com/news/
Somali-Americans blamed racial tensions for a Minneapolis high school cafeteria melee that began as a food fight and ended with police using chemical spray to break up a brawl involving more than 200 students.

Three students and one staff member at South High School were taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. No weapons were used, police said.

Students threw food, plates and soda bottles at staff and police -- "anything they could get their hands on," police spokesman Sgt. William Palmer told the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

The fight began about 12:45 p.m. CT and lasted 15 minutes. It was captured on video.

No arrests were made, but police were reviewing surveillance footage, and rioting and disorderly conduct charges could be filed, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported.

Classes resumed Friday, but the school, which has about 2,200 students, remained on lockdown.

On Tuesday, the student newspaper carried an article in which Somali-American students said racial and ethnic tensions had grown this year.

"This school is not safe for Somali students," Adnan Farah, a junior, told the Star-Tribune. "Throughout this year, there have been a lot of fights."

A school district spokesman would not comment but said racism complaints are taken seriously.
----------

it seems AA and somalis have been fighting off and on for a while now. what's the beef all bout?
Ruby

London, UK

#2 Feb 16, 2013
it's just a food fight LOL

You Americans love to exaggerate

I can't believe they had a press conference over a food fight
hooyo

Basel, Switzerland

#3 Feb 16, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BHM3R6ZRnQUXX
http://www.usatoday.com/news/
Somali-Americans blamed racial tensions for a Minneapolis high school cafeteria melee that began as a food fight and ended with police using chemical spray to break up a brawl involving more than 200 students.
Three students and one staff member at South High School were taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. No weapons were used, police said.
Students threw food, plates and soda bottles at staff and police -- "anything they could get their hands on," police spokesman Sgt. William Palmer told the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
The fight began about 12:45 p.m. CT and lasted 15 minutes. It was captured on video.
No arrests were made, but police were reviewing surveillance footage, and rioting and disorderly conduct charges could be filed, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported.
Classes resumed Friday, but the school, which has about 2,200 students, remained on lockdown.
On Tuesday, the student newspaper carried an article in which Somali-American students said racial and ethnic tensions had grown this year.
"This school is not safe for Somali students," Adnan Farah, a junior, told the Star-Tribune. "Throughout this year, there have been a lot of fights."
A school district spokesman would not comment but said racism complaints are taken seriously.
----------
it seems AA and somalis have been fighting off and on for a while now. what's the beef all bout?
lol aren't you trinidad neither are you AA or somali so why dont you mind you business

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 16, 2013
hooyo wrote:
<quoted text>lol aren't you trinidad neither are you AA or somali so why dont you mind you business
i'm pretty sure caribbeans in minnie are counted as AA.
jimmy

Blackburn, UK

#5 Feb 16, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BHM3R6ZRnQUXX
http://www.usatoday.com/news/
Somali-Americans blamed racial tensions for a Minneapolis high school cafeteria melee that began as a food fight and ended with police using chemical spray to break up a brawl involving more than 200 students.
Three students and one staff member at South High School were taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. No weapons were used, police said.
Students threw food, plates and soda bottles at staff and police -- "anything they could get their hands on," police spokesman Sgt. William Palmer told the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
The fight began about 12:45 p.m. CT and lasted 15 minutes. It was captured on video.
No arrests were made, but police were reviewing surveillance footage, and rioting and disorderly conduct charges could be filed, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported.
Classes resumed Friday, but the school, which has about 2,200 students, remained on lockdown.
On Tuesday, the student newspaper carried an article in which Somali-American students said racial and ethnic tensions had grown this year.
"This school is not safe for Somali students," Adnan Farah, a junior, told the Star-Tribune. "Throughout this year, there have been a lot of fights."
A school district spokesman would not comment but said racism complaints are taken seriously.
----------
it seems AA and somalis have been fighting off and on for a while now. what's the beef all bout?
I think somalis wanted more than their fair share of food!These skinnies can eat the food equivalent of the weight of Boeing 747 jet!

Since: Aug 12

Europe

#6 Feb 16, 2013
why fight over food? Come back to JUBALLAND DEMOCRATIC STATE
Aleksandr

Skogås, Sweden

#7 Feb 18, 2013
Silly ape's
hooyo

Basel, Switzerland

#8 Feb 18, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm pretty sure caribbeans in minnie are counted as AA.
nah

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#9 Feb 18, 2013
I've never had any problems with AAs. I think AA are the coolest of all people of African descent anywhere.

It's mostly gang-wannabes projecting.

And, of course, the media (mostly white-run) thrives on this sort of thing. This is embarrassing for all of us and it's unfortunate.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 18, 2013
Ahmed kabax wrote:
why fight over food? Come back to JUBALLAND DEMOCRATIC STATE
Yes, I suppose Jubbaland COULD feed them all. However, I suspect the problem isn't food related. lol
thehassanabdi

Sheffield, UK

#11 Feb 18, 2013
The fight wasn't over food.I was there and it all started when i refused a monkey to sit beside me
Somali

United States

#12 Feb 18, 2013
@thehassanabdi you are sick how can you speak like that subxaanallah may god clean your heart

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#13 Feb 18, 2013
Somali wrote:
@thehassanabdi you are sick how can you speak like that subxaanallah may god clean your heart
Clearly a product of poor environment. He doesn't know what he is saying so his words shouldn't be held against him.

Waxaas oo kale baa Soomaalida ka buuxa oo har iyo habeen ceebeeya.
thehassanabdi

Sheffield, UK

#14 Feb 18, 2013
IslamRapesTheMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly a product of poor environment. He doesn't know what he is saying so his words shouldn't be held against him.
Waxaas oo kale baa Soomaalida ka buuxa oo har iyo habeen ceebeeya.
Retard will you claim not to know what you are saying when you are insulting our beloved prophet 24/7? Khaniiskan okale baa forumka nagahaleeye
thehassanabdi

Sheffield, UK

#15 Feb 18, 2013
IslamRapesTheMind wrote:
I've never had any problems with AAs. I think AA are the coolest of all people of African descent anywhere.
It's mostly gang-wannabes projecting.
And, of course, the media (mostly white-run) thrives on this sort of thing. This is embarrassing for all of us and it's unfortunate.
"I've never had any problems with AAs".

Of course you wouldn't,How could you have any problems with your own race? your own people? the AA? cajiib
thehassanabdi

Sheffield, UK

#16 Feb 18, 2013
Somali wrote:
@thehassanabdi you are sick how can you speak like that subxaanallah may god clean your heart
Nacasyahow Don't you see them insulting our beloved prophet 24/7? but you see me!Get the hell outta here if you cannot defend your own religion.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#17 Feb 18, 2013
for anyone who's familiar with this high school, i'd be interested to know if the somalis there are mostly immigrants or 1st and 2nd gens?
Somali

United States

#18 Feb 18, 2013
@thehassan nacas adigaa ah laakiin weligiis baa lagu yaqaanay inuu nacasku ismoodo kii dadka ugu aqli badnaa diiinta cidii caayaysa in la difaaco waa xaq laakiin ma ahayn waxaa hada meesha lagu hayay qof bini aadan ah ayaad daanyeer ku tilmaantay adiga ma diin ayaa kuu fasaxday war xishoo oo soomaalida ha ceebaynin

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Feb 19, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
for anyone who's familiar with this high school, i'd be interested to know if the somalis there are mostly immigrants or 1st and 2nd gens?
That is a dumb question. If they are school age they are 2nd generation American. But they are still Somalis and still Muslims. No Muslim wouild evder give up Islam to become a KKKrsitian.
thehassanabdi

UK

#20 Feb 19, 2013
Somali wrote:
@thehassan nacas adigaa ah laakiin weligiis baa lagu yaqaanay inuu nacasku ismoodo kii dadka ugu aqli badnaa diiinta cidii caayaysa in la difaaco waa xaq laakiin ma ahayn waxaa hada meesha lagu hayay qof bini aadan ah ayaad daanyeer ku tilmaantay adiga ma diin ayaa kuu fasaxday war xishoo oo soomaalida ha ceebaynin
Dadkan aad difaacayso marka ay diinteena aflagaadayaan mahadashid,ee hadana fogow DANYEERYAHOW eey eey dhaley

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
so glad from the bantu hatred that we never slaves 15 min Yonis Mazin 2
What's wrong with being Bantu? (Sep '13) 19 min Yonis Mazin 7
look in the mirror r u jealous of Somali!! 25 min Yonis Mazin 2
mama 33 min take note 1
why are you here if you don like Somali? 42 min take note 1
SOMALI GIRLS: Do You Want To Marry A Somali Guy... (Feb '12) 59 min take note 459
why non somalis allowed on insulting somalis on... 1 hr take note 1
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 11 hr hanad walthamstow 1,743
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) 14 hr hanad walthamstow 4,335
Gabdhaha buuran iyo kuwa dhuuban kuwee raaxo ma... (Apr '10) Tue xamiid kashka 1,314
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Somalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••