"We're Winning This Fight" -- Prime Minister Abdiweli speaks outs!

Posted in the Somalia Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 290 Comments Last updated Apr 11, 2012
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

“Al-Hawiyah destroyed ZOOMALIA”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

On April 5th, 2012, the day after the deadly bombing in Mogadishu aimed at our esteemed Prime Minister, Dr. Abdiweli wrote a piece for FP ( Foreign Policy) magazine. Here it is, enjoy!

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/04...

My favorite quote:
"Although violence has become tragically endemic in Somalia in recent years, it doesn't have to be like this. Conflict is not inevitable here. Go back to 1966, for instance, when an Associated Press news report described Somalia as "the most democratic country in Africa. Half a dozen political parties contest free elections. Government officials get modest salaries and drive modest automobiles." In those days, Mogadishu was a peaceful city of elegant avenues shaded by palm trees, handsome villas, and graceful architecture that combined the best of Africa and Europe.

Today, in the aftermath of more than 20 years of ruinous fighting, hope is once again in the air -- despite the attempts of terrorists to return the country to chaos. We are taking advantage of the longest sustained period of relative peace since 1991 to rebuild the shattered infrastructure of Mogadishu, doing everything we can to restore it to its former glory and set the country on a path to lasting peace and reconciliation. "

HERE, HERE Mr. Prime Minister!
Anon

Göteborg, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

Let us see if those words are empty or if there is going to be something this time.
I want to hope that Somalia can rise..

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

The article is pathetic. This pathetic PM is trying to take credit for what civilians in Mogadishu are doing for themselves. What the hell is his filthy government of aid prostitutes doing? They canīt even pay the police officers instead they pocket aid money and tax revenues.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

InSearch,

Your post shows that you're a terrorist sympathizer. I hope the authorities in your country keep an eye on you.
Twin Cities Resident

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

@ Insearch_of This Harvard trained PM risks his life everyday to bring a change in his country while your fat azz is collecting welfare. people will take you serious once you get to the battlefront. till then have fun hating on a man you will never match what he has accomplished.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

LOOOOOOOOOL@ Terrorist sympathizer. Let me ask you to filthy qabilists a question: Is Transparency International a terrorist organisation too? They labelled PM Abdiweliīs government the most corrupt in the world. He doesnīt risk his life, he lounges at Villa Somalia, guarded by AMISOM troops, he gets a fat salary every month and he along with other govt officials pocket most of the aid money. How come police officers and other public servants are not paid.

The fat ass PM Abdiweli has no right to take credit for what the civilians are doing for themselves. A critical mind would ask, how come the government is not dong its part? But then again, you did compare Puntland to Dubai, so expecting something reasonable from you is quite stupid.

he and his colleagues need to be put on trial for their corruption. Instead of stealing money, why are they not building institutions?

We really donīt need corrupt govt officials.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

The people of Mogadishu do not need Al Shabaab, but they also donīt need corrupted Somali Politicians in Villa Somalia either.

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

XenaPL wrote:
InSearch,
Your post shows that you're a terrorist sympathizer. I hope the authorities in your country keep an eye on you.
She has a plug up her butt because a Harvard educated Majeerteen man is showing them how to be civilised.

These filthy monkeys have had over 20 years to make a government and they've dragged the Somali name through mud.

Waa cajiib, but don't mind her, she is claiming the civilians got there by themselves.

Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

InSearch , I can tell logic is not your strong suit. Dr. Abdiweli "doesnīt risk his life, he lounges at Villa Somalia, guarded by AMISOM troops" yet he was the target of the very bombing we're talking about? Are you serious?

By the way, Dr.Abdiweli Ali IS a PHD holder and has two masters under his belt, he made more money in Buffalo than he does in Mogadishu. Please provide evidence of the Prime Minister is corrupt or pocketing money? And no gossip please, just facts.

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Corruption has decreased during Abdiweli's term and revenues from the port has increased while the airport revenue has more than doubled.

And AMISOM protects Sheikh Shariif as he travels everywhere.

http://somaliswiss.files.wordpress.com/2011/0...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

well he didnīt get hit now did he? Now intead of logging in and out of your various nicknames, answer the question of wether or not you believe Transparency International is a terrorist organization or not? They have listed the TFG as the most corrupt government in the world. According to your "logic" anyone who calls out corruption is a terrorist sympthazier.

He denied in al jazeera interview that the TFG is corrupt. I think you posted that interview under your nickname FaraxZeroIncome, so go look for it.

Denying that the TFG is corrupt is a great a sign of dishonesty in my book. How do you know he made more money in the states? LOL, He is pocketing millions of un-audited dollars via the TFG.

And why doesnīt the government pay the police officers again? Are we supposed to believe that security is a priority for them, when police officers are working un paid in a city like Mogadishu? You know the police station there doesnīt even have computers, they have a type writer from the Barre era, meanwhile the govt is is pocketing 90% of all aid. And fat ass Abdiweli is trying to take credit for civilian accomplishment that he did nothing to facilitate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

FaraxZeroIncome wrote:
Corruption has decreased during Abdiweli's term and revenues from the port has increased while the airport revenue has more than doubled.
And AMISOM protects Sheikh Shariif as he travels everywhere.
http://somaliswiss.files.wordpress.com/2011/0...
Decreased from what? So instead of stealing 90% of funds they now steal 89.9%? Judging by your low standards, Iīm sure thatīs the type of decrease youīre talking about.
Where are the revunes going? Police officers and other public servants still working for free, while govt officials are still pocketing the money? Where are the revunues going?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

I asked for facts. Please provide them or cease wasting my time and space on this forum with your useless posts.

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

So now you are not asserting your opinions, now you are asking questions, what a change.

I want you to show me specific facts regarding corruption and the Prime Minister.

That's all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

XenaPL wrote:
I asked for facts. Please provide them or cease wasting my time and space on this forum with your useless posts.
His own interview with Al Jazeera English where he is flat out denying that TFG isnīt corrupt isnīt facts? Then again, why do you know about facts, you did compare Puntland to Dubai?

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

INSEARCH.

Give me specific facts regarding corruption and the Prime Minister.

Get on with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

I'm certain I advised you to sign up for a reading comprehension class before and I will repeat the same advice to you again because, clearly, you are in desperate need of it. To answer your question, no, I never compared Puntland to Dubai; I compared Puntland to southern Somalia and Dubia to Papua New Guinea and drew a correlation between the two comparisons.

So an interview in which the Prime Minister denied that his government was corrupt is somehow evidence of corruption? Wow. Just wow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Farax, the fact that your writing from two accounts tu support your case proves that youīre desperate. Hereīs what it is the TFG is the most corrupt governtmen in the world by all standards, and Abdiweli is TFG official who denies corruption allegations. How can he deny it, when an audit has confirmed that the goct offcials were stealing 90% of aid funds. Even know, with all the millions they recieve they still donīt the police officers. The salary for a Somali police officer in Mogadishu 100 USD, thatīs right 100 dollars, but they donīt see that money. Yet the likes of Abdiweli never recieve their fat checks too late. They canīt even build a bureactacy with a wroking payroll for the public servants. Instead Mr Abdiweli Fat Futo Calool Weeyne is taking credit for what civilians are doing for themselves with their own means. Also, itīs bad publicity to have a fat PM for a country that synonymous with famine and starvation, it just revives the stereotype of a corrupted offcial when you throw in obesity in the equation.

And Iīm still waiting for you to answer the question as to wether or not Transparency International is corrupt organisation or not?
Abdi

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

Faan Badaa. Dr. AbdiWali is Harvard Trained and holds two Masters and PHD! kulahaa. FYI - It is Phd.

Anyway, a Harvard trained makes a law in the USA and other parts of the world but not in Somali he may be stealing. And this is the problem; when people lack moral and have no sense of nation and homeland no Harvard or Yale can save them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Somalia Forum right now

Search the Somalia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
If Somalia declared war on Israel would you sup... 8 min Rer Gerad Prince 11
The Greatness Of OGADEN People (Jun '13) 1 hr Maryam 75
I Am Al Shabaab (Sep '13) 4 hr Gary 161
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) 7 hr Wanaajiye20 4,312
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 7 hr Wanaajiye20 1,682
Any somali Shia out there? (Apr '10) 11 hr fatima mohamed 176
Why I hate Somalis? 12 hr Bob 16
dhuqmada siilka iyo mida guska tee macaan sidee... (Mar '11) Tue Xamze 1,163
•••