Lone_Wolf

Watsonia, Australia

#21 Dec 7, 2013
zak wrote:
Brother and sister fear Allah Azawajal coz right now you lot are talking no sense
I fear Allah brother. I pray 5 times a day, am about to finish the Quran and during my days of being a teenager I would volunteer at the local Quran school in my community to lend a helping hand to the teachers. I even declined getting paid so my faith in Allah is out of the question.

You can walk like me, talk like me, wear a macawis like me, can speak Somali better than me and even sing the Somali national anthem perfectly but I'm sorry to say I'd never consider you like my own fellow Somali's. Of course I would always be of a helping hand to a fellow muslim brother but we have to draw a line when it comes to my nationality.

Thank you Zak.:$
Lone_Wolf

Watsonia, Australia

#22 Dec 7, 2013
King in myWorld wrote:
i'm mixture of caribbean and somalian and i don't think i have anything good to say about my somalian side i know little to nothing about somalian culture language or religion but all i know is how ostracized my mother was from her family who wanted nothing to do with her because she was with my father and had baby with him but who gives a crap about somalians no one everyone loathe them
Another bi-racial Somali who knows nothing about and even abominates the Somali culture.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me.-.-
Amal

London, UK

#23 Dec 7, 2013
King in myWorld wrote:
i'm mixture of caribbean and somalian and i don't think i have anything good to say about my somalian side i know little to nothing about somalian culture language or religion but all i know is how ostracized my mother was from her family who wanted nothing to do with her because she was with my father and had baby with him but who gives a crap about somalians no one everyone loathe them
looool some any self hating worthless half breed mongrel your mum deserves to get ostracized because she is a JOKE she married some fatherless caribean slave err i would disown her too if i was her parents she lost her somali family for what you worthless jareers :s
Amal

London, UK

#24 Dec 7, 2013
Selma wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Many full Somali kids who cant even string two words together in somali. Whats they're excuse? It's in a parent's duty to be able to teach they're children about they're culture. If you're children are oblivious towards they're roots and culture then you are not exercising you're right as a parent.
so what just because you can not speak somali properly doesnt mean you aint proud of your roots are you feeling ok ???? obvi their somali aint going to be perfect considering most somali teens where born outside somalia and im pretty sure half breeds dont know fuck all about somalia let alone the language p.s only SOME cant speak somali
Selma

UK

#25 Dec 8, 2013
Amal wrote:
<quoted text>
so what just because you can not speak somali properly doesnt mean you aint proud of your roots are you feeling ok ???? obvi their somali aint going to be perfect considering most somali teens where born outside somalia and im pretty sure half breeds dont know fuck all about somalia let alone the language p.s only SOME cant speak somali
Am i feeling ok? I'm feeling perfectly fine Thank You Very much. I was merely just putting my 2 cents in that issue. I could Expand on it but The Op wants me to stay on the topic. And Honestly i'm not one to Encourage Interracial Relationships.
Selma

UK

#26 Dec 8, 2013
Lone_Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting point Selma :$
I agree that it's the parents duty to embody the Somali culture into their offspring.
But let's not stray of topic, the question is, can one be proud of being a Somali while being in a relationship with a non-Somali?
You're answer would be appreciated.:$
Personally speaking I wouldnt be very pleased if i married a non somali for many reasons. I'm very proud of my Somali Heritage! And I would love to teach my children ”Somali” history and culture.

i think Somali women with white men is not acceptable. Being with a white man is taboo, and I wouldn't even think of it. I don't see how anybody can be attracted to a white man unless she was white herself and able to understand. Otherwise, I don't get it.

Why would anybody want a white man unless he happened to have something to offer her? Even then, how could you stand it if you were somali? It makes no sense.
moreantsje

Norway

#27 Dec 8, 2013
Lone_Wolf wrote:
Title says it all.
But let me rephrase the question for you all.
Can one be proud of their Somali culture, heritage and condone interracial marriage at the same time?
This is a genuine question and would like some of you to enlighten me with sophisticated answers.:$
I'm a Somali male btw and this question has intrigued me for quite awhile.
Ps: no trolls and no haters please.
Let's keep this thread clean guys.

the truth s that somalis suffer with complex syndrome of inferiority...once inn,they misbehave n then later on,kill the wife n play mud..
Light

Peterborough, Canada

#29 Dec 8, 2013
I'm married to a Filipino he's great alhamdulilah we have beautiful kids together he's a good practicing Muslim too. My parents were against my marriage at first and then they came around to accept although I always wanted to marry a Somali anyways wax qoron waaye .
Someone-Somewher e

Manchester, UK

#30 Dec 8, 2013
Salaam Lone_Wolf. You ask if one can be proud of being Somali while being in a relationship with a Non-Somali, well if I understand your question correctly, I would say being proud of your culture and identity and your Somali heritage does not depend on who you are with. You can be proud of your Somali culture and be with a Non-Somali. You need to think carefully about it though, in terms of your family, her family and the future family you will make. I don't think you need to pay much attention to what society thinks, because to be honest, you cannot please everyone. What matters is what you think and what the people that count to you think.
Lone_Wolf

Preston, Australia

#31 Dec 8, 2013
Amal wrote:
obvi their somali aint going to be perfect considering most somali teens where born outside somalia
I agree with this but most Somali's know their language very well. I've noticed that everyone in this forum who were born and raised in the west can actually speak excellent Somali. ;$
Amal wrote:
im pretty sure half breeds dont know fuck all about somalia let alone the language p.s only SOME cant speak somali
Again, you are very correct Amal. I personally know bi-racial kids and if you gave them a map they couldn't even point out where Somalia is!!
Lone_Wolf

Preston, Australia

#32 Dec 8, 2013
Selma wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally speaking I wouldnt be very pleased if i married a non somali for many reasons. I'm very proud of my Somali Heritage! And I would love to teach my children ”Somali” history and culture.
<3
Selma wrote:
<quoted text>
Being with a white man is taboo, and I wouldn't even think of it. I don't see how anybody can be attracted to a white man unless she was white herself and able to understand. Otherwise, I don't get it.
Why would anybody want a white man unless he happened to have something to offer her? Even then, how could you stand it if you were somali? It makes no sense.
Yes!!

Exactly my thoughts as well!

My cousin Hanad got engaged to a Lebanese girl a month ago. The culture clashes have already begun!! They are constantly at it. And slowly but surely both their families are distancing themselves from them.

Let's see what the next few generations of mixed multicultural families really looks like in the next 50 to 100 years.Where the real improvements are.I'm betting there will be few if any improvements; and that in fact, there will be far more evidence of decline.
Lone_Wolf

Preston, Australia

#33 Dec 8, 2013
Light wrote:
we have beautiful kids together.
Every Somali girl Who is in an interracial marriage is quick to play the "I have beautiful kids" card.

You seem to imply that mixed kids are more beautiful than those who are not.

Well news flash, I know a couple of bi-racial kids and believe me when I say this, they are not "beautiful".
Light wrote:
My parents were against my marriage at first
I don't blame them, you destroyed a genetic phenotype which has evolved in our ancestors for thousands of years.
Light wrote:
I always wanted to marry a Somali anyways
Not an excuse. I know many Somali girls who shudder at the prospect of interracial marriage and would rather patiently wait for a mashallah Somali guy.

For example,

My cousin Hibaq has her masters and is very successful in her career. She has been asked for her hand in marriage by white converts, Pakistani's, Lebanese and Arabs of different ethnicities. She politely rejected them all and finally found the one. He was a Somali guy who lived in Wellington, New Zealand and was a professional stock broker for a big firm. They have 3 kids and both are very happy with their marriage.
Light wrote:
wax qoron waaye .
I agree. Sorry, I probably sound like an asshole or something. It's just that Somali's make up a mere 20 million of humanity's population. I just want the ensured survival of Somali blood and our Heritage for countless generations to come.

It's you're life and I have no say in what you do with it. Thank you Light.:$
Lone_Wolf

Preston, Australia

#34 Dec 8, 2013
Someone-Somewhere wrote:
I would say being proud of your culture and identity and your Somali heritage does not depend on who you are with. You can be proud of your Somali culture and be with a Non-Somali.
I highly disagree with this utterance you posted. But it IS you're opinion and I respect it.

IMHO, and I'm not trying to sound biased or anything, You simply cannot be proud of your own race when you go for the very opposite of yours when dating/marrying and/or having kids.

You are eliminating your own in fact.

When will people understand this??!

“YOLO”

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#35 Dec 8, 2013
You know sometimes I don't think people plan to be in an interracial realtionship, most of the time it just happens and they don't even notice or think of the future, they just fall inlove ( I said most of the time not always) and forbidden love is kinda hot,.no actualy its really hot!,.c'mon I mean like,.. No! We can't be together my love! Our cultures are just too different, but, but I love you! I can't live without you! I will die! Die I tell you!,..marry me my love forget our cultures, home is where you are, home is where I wanna be, when you're around everythings rosie, when you're around you make me feel so cosy! Home is not a place but a feeling!..aaaaaaaaand REALITY! A lot of people think interracial marriages are just wrong,.but hey what are you gonna do about it, love happens,..and its not haraam if you think about it,..but its best to stick with your own and avoid the daily drama.
King in myWorld

UK

#36 Dec 9, 2013
Amal wrote:
<quoted text>
looool some any self hating worthless half breed mongrel your mum deserves to get ostracized because she is a JOKE she married some fatherless caribean slave err i would disown her too if i was her parents she lost her somali family for what you worthless jareers :s
single handedly my mother worth more than the entire population of the starving shitholle desert of yours she was too wise never to lay with starving vulture unlike you anyway who the eff are you to call me an slave? effing vulture choke on my 3ock while i slap your fat booty
Lone_Wolf

Ascot Vale, Australia

#37 Dec 9, 2013
King in myWorld wrote:
<quoted text>single handedly my mother worth more than the entire population of the starving shitholle desert of yours she was too wise never to lay with starving vulture unlike you anyway who the eff are you to call me an slave? effing vulture choke on my 3ock while i slap your fat booty
Dude, just go away man.

Far out.......-.-
Amal

London, UK

#39 Dec 9, 2013
King in myWorld wrote:
<quoted text>single handedly my mother worth more than the entire population of the starving shitholle desert of yours she was too wise never to lay with starving vulture unlike you anyway who the eff are you to call me an slave? effing vulture choke on my 3ock while i slap your fat booty

why am i even arguing with u anyway?? some any worthless slave who will never amount to anything in life you are going to either be dead or in prison in a few years might of fact you are probs in prison right now alieeeee nd ur half somali urself so why u insulting my country ur so retarted i dnt blame you though black men are self hating they hate being black and everything to do with its because you black slaves are dumb i think its to do with slavery white people ave abused u guys so much ahaha thts why ur so mentally retarted :(
King in myWorld

UK

#40 Dec 9, 2013
Amal wrote:
<quoted text>
why am i even arguing with u anyway?? some any worthless slave who will never amount to anything in life you are going to either be dead or in prison in a few years might of fact you are probs in prison right now alieeeee nd ur half somali urself so why u insulting my country ur so retarted i dnt blame you though black men are self hating they hate being black and everything to do with its because you black slaves are dumb i think its to do with slavery white people ave abused u guys so much ahaha thts why ur so mentally retarted :(
why are you so full of hate and anger?
Amal

London, UK

#41 Dec 9, 2013
King in myWorld wrote:
<quoted text>why are you so full of hate and anger?
why do guys do this you make someone get angry then when you get a angry hateful response you get shocked ://// im not hateful i just get angry when people talk shit about my country anyways sorry
King in myWorld

UK

#42 Dec 9, 2013
i haven't said anything hateful about your country and if i hate somalians i partly hate myself too hence i don't hate nobody however i dislike many things about somalians and when you say your country does that mean i'm not entitled to claim my somalian side on serious note i'm trying to figure out i'm very confused about this issue my mother never tells me the whole story but i can kind of feel the negative vibes like let's say i know they can kill me here but if i go somalia will they i know this is not good place to talk about something serious but please enlighten me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Qolka Guurka xalaasha ah ilaahey dartiis (Aug '12) 46 min ali axmed 611
I'm a Somalian teen, raised as a Muslim and now... 1 hr Sheikh Voodoo 16
Mareehaan vs Majeerteen (Apr '12) 5 hr daarood boy 65
i need help from somalis regarding info about m... 8 hr jamac 1
God hates blacks 8 hr Guuleed 1
maxameduk inu qaniis yahay mala socotan? (Apr '08) 11 hr Enter Username 408
Atheist Somalians? 11 hr Bantu trader 2
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) 12 hr mahir 4,365
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) Oct 17 Raxeye 1,754
dhuqmada siilka iyo mida guska tee macaan sidee... (Mar '11) Oct 17 beso 1,199