Can you be proud whilst in a interracial relationship?

Posted in the Somalia Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Lone_Wolf

Melbourne, Australia

#1 Dec 4, 2013
Title says it all.

But let me rephrase the question for you all.

Can one be proud of their Somali culture, heritage and condone interracial marriage at the same time?

This is a genuine question and would like some of you to enlighten me with sophisticated answers.:$

I'm a Somali male btw and this question has intrigued me for quite awhile.

Ps: no trolls and no haters please.
Let's keep this thread clean guys.
zak

Lestrem, France

#2 Dec 4, 2013
assalamu alaykoum what do u wanna know about interracial relationship? coz im married to a maroccan and im half somali and half yemeni
Amal

London, UK

#3 Dec 4, 2013
if you are so proud of your culture and roots why would you want to go outside of that and be with someone non somali ew:/ its self hate to be honest
Lone_Wolf

Melbourne, Australia

#4 Dec 4, 2013
zak wrote:
assalamu alaykoum what do u wanna know about interracial relationship? coz im married to a maroccan and im half somali and half yemeni
Wa-alaykumus-salam

I'm sorry brother but this doesn't apply to you seeing as you are a product of an interracial couple.

I'm referring to a full Somali male/female in a relationship with a non-Somali male/female or any other pure bred-Somali's on this forum.

But thanks for your response.:$
Lone_Wolf

Melbourne, Australia

#5 Dec 4, 2013
Amal wrote:
if you are so proud of your culture and roots why would you want to go outside of that and be with someone non somali ew:/ its self hate to be honest
I co-sign this.

But some (some) don't self-hate tbh.

Thanks Amal for your response.:$
zak

Lestrem, France

#6 Dec 5, 2013
soubhan'Allah amel listen to yourself
zak

Lestrem, France

#7 Dec 5, 2013
sorry amal lol yeah ur right? and doesnt apply to me im somali so im concerned bro
Amal

London, UK

#8 Dec 5, 2013
zak wrote:
sorry amal lol yeah ur right? and doesnt apply to me im somali so im concerned bro
well obvi it doesn't apply to you because you aint somali you are only half your culture and roots are already diluted so it don't matter who you marry :)
Amal

London, UK

#9 Dec 5, 2013
i am very patriotic i love my country and culture so much so why would i be with someone of a different nationality allow it :s my children have to be full somali like me
zak

Lestrem, France

#10 Dec 5, 2013
lol allow it u know dont forget we are brothers and sisters and yes it does apply to me since im somali it doesnt matter if im half or quarter u know to be honest my mum is mali ma dad yemeni ive never been to yemen or somali and dont nuffin about my dads culture or my mum culture all i know.im a muslim alhamdulilah dont look the future wife background as long as shes muslim alhamdulilah thats more than enough and please stop saying this that it aint right to say that Allah azawajal knows best alhamdulilah
Lone_Wolf

Brunswick, Australia

#11 Dec 6, 2013
Amal wrote:
<quoted text>
well obvi it doesn't apply to you because you aint somali you are only half your culture and roots are already diluted so it don't matter who you marry :)
OH SNAP!!

:O
Lone_Wolf

Brunswick, Australia

#12 Dec 6, 2013
Amal wrote:
i am very patriotic i love my country and culture so much so why would i be with someone of a different nationality allow it :s my children have to be full somali like me
M-m-marry me?

Hahah jokes

Thank god there are Somali queens like you!!:D
Lone_Wolf

Brunswick, Australia

#13 Dec 6, 2013
zak wrote:
to be honest my mum is mali ma dad yemeni ive never been to yemen or somali and dont nuffin about my dads culture or my mum culture all i know.
This is the problem with interracial marriages IMO.

:[
Amal

London, UK

#14 Dec 7, 2013
Lone_Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the problem with interracial marriages IMO.
:[
innit kids who are mixed dont even care about their parents culture and roots its so disgusting smh my children could never be like that !
Amal

London, UK

#15 Dec 7, 2013
Lone_Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
M-m-marry me?
Hahah jokes
Thank god there are Somali queens like you!!:D
haha thank you x
zak

Lestrem, France

#16 Dec 7, 2013
Brother and sister fear Allah Azawajal coz right now you lot are talking no sense
Selma

UK

#17 Dec 7, 2013
zak wrote:
lol allow it u know dont forget we are brothers and sisters and yes it does apply to me since im somali it doesnt matter if im half or quarter u know to be honest my mum is mali ma dad yemeni ive never been to yemen or somali and dont nuffin about my dads culture or my mum culture all i know.im a muslim alhamdulilah dont look the future wife background as long as shes muslim alhamdulilah thats more than enough and please stop saying this that it aint right to say that Allah azawajal knows best alhamdulilah
Hey zak...

Try to learn both you're parents cultures. Culture is very important it's a way of life. Learn so you can teach you're children about them both.
Selma

UK

#18 Dec 7, 2013
Amal wrote:
<quoted text>
innit kids who are mixed dont even care about their parents culture and roots its so disgusting smh my children could never be like that !
I know Many full Somali kids who cant even string two words together in somali. Whats they're excuse? It's in a parent's duty to be able to teach they're children about they're culture. If you're children are oblivious towards they're roots and culture then you are not exercising you're right as a parent.
King in myWorld

UK

#19 Dec 7, 2013
i'm mixture of caribbean and somalian and i don't think i have anything good to say about my somalian side i know little to nothing about somalian culture language or religion but all i know is how ostracized my mother was from her family who wanted nothing to do with her because she was with my father and had baby with him but who gives a crap about somalians no one everyone loathe them
Lone_Wolf

Watsonia, Australia

#20 Dec 7, 2013
Selma wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Many full Somali kids who cant even string two words together in somali. Whats they're excuse? It's in a parent's duty to be able to teach they're children about they're culture. If you're children are oblivious towards they're roots and culture then you are not exercising you're right as a parent.
Very interesting point Selma :$

I agree that it's the parents duty to embody the Somali culture into their offspring.

But let's not stray of topic, the question is, can one be proud of being a Somali while being in a relationship with a non-Somali?

You're answer would be appreciated.:$

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ogaden was newly massacred by Tigrinya in Qabri... 1 hr Dacar 1
black america accepts slave ancestor why can't ... 1 hr take note 1
Is He Somali? 1 hr Moqdisho Post 78
The real reasons Somalis were never slaves. (Oct '12) 2 hr Moqdisho Post 290
Sudanese and Somalis are brothers! (Nov '12) 2 hr Moqdisho Post 85
dhuqmada siilka iyo mida guska tee macaan sidee... (Mar '11) 3 hr nin culus 1,191
black ignorance!! 2 4 hr take note 1
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) Wed hanad walthamstow 1,743
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) Wed hanad walthamstow 4,335
Gabdhaha buuran iyo kuwa dhuuban kuwee raaxo ma... (Apr '10) Tue xamiid kashka 1,314
•••

Somalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••