have you ever been/lived in Somalia/Somaliland? Where is your favourite part?

Posted in the Somalia Forum

ash_shahbaa_x

London, UK

#2 Mar 25, 2012
ash_shahbaa_x wrote:
.
I mean which city/area is your favourite?!!
not talking about Somalia v Somaliland

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#3 Mar 26, 2012
Erigavo is my favourite,the high land of somaliland.
good climate through the whole year.
next is Hargaisa,coz of 9 months of rainfall.
Anonymous

Reading, UK

#4 Mar 26, 2012
Burco is my fav because people down there are so funny to be around and you can find every history story started from there!
second 4 me it's "Shikh" it looks gorgeous when it raining and spring season oh gosh it's even prettier..
and "Hargeisa" the capital City ??
what can I say am just in love with all cities of Somaliland ;)
samaaale

UK

#5 Mar 26, 2012
waqooyi wrote:
Erigavo is my favourite,the high land of somaliland.
good climate through the whole year.
next is Hargaisa,coz of 9 months of rainfall.
beenlow hargaysa ayaa 9 bil roobkadaa? i was born and hargaysa is driests place in somalia.muqdisho iyo kismaayo is the best place to live in somalia walaahi i have been to those places.
Anonymous

Reading, UK

#6 Mar 26, 2012
samaaale wrote:
<quoted text>
beenlow hargaysa ayaa 9 bil roobkadaa? i was born and hargaysa is driests place in somalia.muqdisho iyo kismaayo is the best place to live in somalia walaahi i have been to those places.
Why you just don't stick with the thread you idiot?

And Mogadishu waal best place when Landers ma galiyen 80's lakin now ya kabta kayaqaana wa qashin lol ..

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 Mar 26, 2012
Majistiic wrote:
Burco is my fav because people down there are so funny to be around and you can find every history story started from there!
second 4 me it's "Shikh" it looks gorgeous when it raining and spring season oh gosh it's even prettier..
and "Hargeisa" the capital City ??
what can I say am just in love with all cities of Somaliland ;)
Maybe it's because the're the only cities you've been to, but good for you none the less, hargeisa seems like a nice city. I would think Somalia as a whole has many gorgeous Towns an cities. i was born in xamar, although i personally have not visited, ever since the war broke out, from what i was told it was once, one of the most beautiful of cities in Africa.
ash_shahbaa_x

London, UK

#8 Mar 26, 2012
Majistiic wrote:
Burco is my fav because people down there are so funny to be around and you can find every history story started from there!
second 4 me it's "Shikh" it looks gorgeous when it raining and spring season oh gosh it's even prettier..
and "Hargeisa" the capital City ??
what can I say am just in love with all cities of Somaliland ;)
sheikh was sooo beautiful, that's the mountain part right? stunning! masha'Allah, but the roads were so small, I remember my mum reading ayatul kursi for the lot of us lol.
although I didn't like Burco, the people were the least friendly I think, they would just look at me funny -.- and call me arabiya/talk about me, thinking I wouldn't understand. although my family were lovely.
hargeisa seems like a good up and coming city, my surprise when I saw there were roads/pizza places lol.
also did you go to the 'meyii' area (poor spelling?)

sorry for the essay lol. I want to go back!

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 26, 2012
samaaale wrote:
<quoted text>
beenlow hargaysa ayaa 9 bil roobkadaa? i was born and hargaysa is driests place in somalia.muqdisho iyo kismaayo is the best place to live in somalia walaahi i have been to those places.
Lol
WaryaaGuy

Oslo, Norway

#10 Mar 26, 2012
I haven't been to Somalia but I see only dusty villages in YouTube. The only city was Mogadishu and it was destroyed by stupid people. It is only Djibouti which can claim a city of all the Somali inhabited lands.
Look at Bosaaso and Hargeisa in the Northern territories and you will find them like sprawling villages without planning. No tarmac roads, no greenery, no traffic lights, nothing which reminds you of a city.

Since: Mar 12

New York, NY

#11 Mar 26, 2012
They all look like the same to me when you look at them in Google Earth.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#12 Mar 26, 2012
samaaale wrote:
<quoted text>
beenlow hargaysa ayaa 9 bil roobkadaa? i was born and hargaysa is driests place in somalia.muqdisho iyo kismaayo is the best place to live in somalia walaahi i have been to those places.
@samaale,Hargaysa waad iska dhextaagneed,waxay heshaa,G'O,DAYR,iyo,KARAN,lama cimilo ah Burco oo kale,hase yeeshee waxay la cimilo tahay Eithio.
tankale,Eirgavo waxaa ku yaala dhulalka sare sida Daallo,Surade,Siraadlay oo ah meelaha ugu roob badan somalia 9months per year or 45inch.
Kismayo oo ku taala Badhaha aduunka way fiicantahay,aniguna maan arag.

“ard-el-Punt ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13 Mar 26, 2012
yes!
Djibouti: nice people but extremly hot
Berbera: beautiful beach very hot too and random people will ask you what tribe you are
Bosaso: you gotta visit that place <3
Badhan:beautiful town with many mountains,grasslands and weird animals

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#14 Mar 27, 2012
arrawella wrote:
yes!
Djibouti: nice people but extremly hot
Berbera: beautiful beach very hot too and random people will ask you what tribe you are
Bosaso: you gotta visit that place <3
Badhan:beautiful town with many mountains,grasslands and weird animals
What was your reply, when you were asked about your tribe?
Anonymous

Reading, UK

#15 Mar 27, 2012
ash_shahbaa_x wrote:
<quoted text>
sheikh was sooo beautiful, that's the mountain part right? stunning! masha'Allah, but the roads were so small, I remember my mum reading ayatul kursi for the lot of us lol.
although I didn't like Burco, the people were the least friendly I think, they would just look at me funny -.- and call me arabiya/talk about me, thinking I wouldn't understand. although my family were lovely.
hargeisa seems like a good up and coming city, my surprise when I saw there were roads/pizza places lol.
also did you go to the 'meyii' area (poor spelling?)
sorry for the essay lol. I want to go back!
No I just went to 4 cities ( Buro-Barbra-hargeisa-borama)! I didn't go to miyi is too dark and maybe there's a wild animal too hahaha who knows maybe next time!
ash_shahbaa_x

London, UK

#16 Mar 27, 2012
Majistiic wrote:
<quoted text>
No I just went to 4 cities ( Buro-Barbra-hargeisa-borama)! I didn't go to miyi is too dark and maybe there's a wild animal too hahaha who knows maybe next time!
never went to borama, whats it like? and miyi was fun! my grandad slaughtered loads of goats for a feast and we lived in huts/make shift housing. the view of the sunset/stars were the best I've ever seen! but the toilets were grim -.- you should definitely go insha'Allah :)
ash_shahbaa_x

London, UK

#17 Mar 27, 2012
arrawella wrote:
yes!
Djibouti: nice people but extremly hot
Berbera: beautiful beach very hot too and random people will ask you what tribe you are
Bosaso: you gotta visit that place <3
Badhan:beautiful town with many mountains,grasslands and weird animals
lol I remember the heat when we got off at djibouti, PAINNNN. Berbers was lovely too, I remember there were loads of fish restaurants, for obvious reasons :)
is bosaso in the south? What's it like there? I've always wanted to visit !

“Peace... People... Peace.”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18 Mar 27, 2012
The contrast in temperature between Hargeisa and Berbera was too much to handle lol
WaryaaGuy

Oslo, Norway

#19 Mar 27, 2012
arrawella wrote:
yes!
Djibouti: nice people but extremly hot
Berbera: beautiful beach very hot too and random people will ask you what tribe you are
Bosaso: you gotta visit that place <3
Badhan:beautiful town with many mountains,grasslands and weird animals
What weird animals, are they dangerous? Maybe the surroundings are beautiful but I am 100% sure it is as ugly as any other Somali town.

“ard-el-Punt ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#20 Mar 27, 2012
WaryaaGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What weird animals, are they dangerous? Maybe the surroundings are beautiful but I am 100% sure it is as ugly as any other Somali town.
yes Badhan is quite rural town not so so densly populated as Bosaso,qardho garowe etc
but i think its the most beautiful nature wise its also cooler
yeah weird animals fox,weird birds ect
most Somali towns are devoloping now though
Adado

Dubai, UAE

#21 Nov 16, 2013
All somalia are butful and clean and i like very much and somali peupole are bothers and same language I LOVE THEM SOMALIA ONE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Somalian's look up to Jamaicans?.. 15 min ProudSomalilandGirl 47
Why are Somalians so dirty and stinky (Jan '12) 37 min Local_Historian 116
Any Somalis living in Doha, Qatar? (Oct '13) 58 min proudsomalilandgirl 32
Why are Somali girls so ugly (Jan '13) 1 hr proudsomalilandgirl 366
There are light skinned somalis 1 hr proudsomalilandgirl 3
Top 10 richest and poorest Somali Qabiils in Ca... (Dec '13) 1 hr ogadenguy 28
A mysterious lost somali city? 1 hr proudsomalilandgirl 3
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) 2 hr Sartana 4,519
what do you make of laila adigar 12 hr md_diiriye 42
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 13 hr jeydean 1,807
More from around the web