Where did Somalis orginate from?

Posted in the Somalia Forum

lolsmileyface

Seattle, WA

#1 Mar 17, 2013
i heard south somalia region was orginally home to bantu oromo tribes before we moved in?

“Somali wayn ha noolaato !”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 17, 2013
upper egypt , somali people's ancestors inhabited were the nubian kingdom was located (south egypt and northern sudan), but they were a pre dynastic people and they lived before egypt became a civilastion ! they then followed the nile river down until they settled in ethiopia then after that they settled in northern somalia and eventaully spread southward !
lolsmileyface

Seattle, WA

#3 Mar 17, 2013
so the kush empire was the birthplace of cushitic people? very interesting

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 17, 2013
thierry-somal wrote:
upper egypt , somali people's ancestors inhabited were the nubian kingdom was located (south egypt and northern sudan), but they were a pre dynastic people and they lived before egypt became a civilastion ! they then followed the nile river down until they settled in ethiopia then after that they settled in northern somalia and eventaully spread southward !
You summed it up very well. we're basically descendants of the Egyptians who mixed with arab merchants in the north, Indian merchants in the berbera/mogadishu area and bantu tribes in the south of somalia.

No wonder the west proclaims somalis as one of the most beautiful races in the world.

“Somali wayn ha noolaato !”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5 Mar 17, 2013
cor_leonis wrote:
<quoted text>
You summed it up very well. we're basically descendants of the Egyptians who mixed with arab merchants in the north, Indian merchants in the berbera/mogadishu area and bantu tribes in the south of somalia.
No wonder the west proclaims somalis as one of the most beautiful races in the world.
no , we come from the pre dynastic egyptians , we are ancient egypt's distant uncle.

somalis come from people known as the badaris that inhabited egypt way before the pharoahs , when our ancestors parted from egypt they left some of their own people behind in egypt and those people that stayed behind became the ancestors of the ancient egyptians people...somalis and ancient egyptians are basically like to sub-clans that come from the same father.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badari_culture

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.co...
Sheikh Voodoo

South Melbourne, Australia

#6 Mar 18, 2013
they originated from a bunch of aliens whose ufo crashed in the horn of africa and then bred with oryx.

“Somali wayn ha noolaato !”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7 Mar 18, 2013
Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
they originated from a bunch of aliens whose ufo crashed in the horn of africa and then bred with oryx.
LOL !
waryaa

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#8 Mar 19, 2013
irir samaale was yemeni.
hawiye, dir and other tribes originate from him.
darod and isaaq descend from banu hashim
thehassanabdi

Halesowen, UK

#9 Mar 19, 2013
cor_leonis wrote:
<quoted text>
You summed it up very well. we're basically descendants of the Egyptians who mixed with arab merchants in the north, Indian merchants in the berbera/mogadishu area and bantu tribes in the south of somalia.
No wonder the west proclaims somalis as one of the most beautiful races in the world.
Hmmm???? You being what? Eey somali sheeganaayo, Oh! it's the "cultural" thing Lol

“Somali wayn ha noolaato !”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10 Apr 14, 2013
waryaa wrote:
irir samaale was yemeni.
hawiye, dir and other tribes originate from him.
darod and isaaq descend from banu hashim
that is pure myth ! banu hashim kulaha ! being related to nabiga (saw) wont get you into janno mate !
RIQUELME

London, UK

#11 Apr 14, 2013
its important where you started its where you end....
stop living in the past folks

p.s. Somalis originate from Adam and hawaa like everyone else

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is it easy to learn Amharic 1 hr ethio 2
Somalia 1 hr Legacy1527 1
What do somali people think of a somali male mo... 3 hr Adam Ali 1
Female Circumcision 3 hr abc0 2
Any somali medical students in Eastern Europe (Apr '14) 3 hr abc0 10
Habar Jeclo vs Habar Yoonis (Nov '12) 4 hr Sahel 25
Somalia VS Eritrea who would win?? 4 hr ethio 4
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) Thu Yuu G 4,456
dhuqmada siilka iyo mida guska tee macaan sidee... (Mar '11) Thu abdullah 1,253
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) Wed xxx 1,775

Somalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE