How to differentiate between Ethiopians and somalis?

Posted in the Somalia Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Harel

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

We don't want to hurt Ethiopians, so can anybody tell me how to spot the difference between these two horn of Africa groups? I would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Ethiopians tend to have lighter skins and ratchier hair. They also look different, their heads are smaller and they are considerably shorter.

I think the average Ethiopian male is around 5'5 (personal observation). The Ethiopian seems to have an elongated brow ridge, while we have a more subtle one and sharper cheekbones.
Haykal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

And why are you telling him
Somali Man

NykÝbing, Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

I don't think that Ethipians is ligther but a bit darker than us. Although the Oromo has the same skin color as the Somalis. :)
hooyo

Basel, Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

FaraxZeroIncome wrote:
Ethiopians tend to have lighter skins and ratchier hair. They also look different, their heads are smaller and they are considerably shorter.
I think the average Ethiopian male is around 5'5 (personal observation). The Ethiopian seems to have an elongated brow ridge, while we have a more subtle one and sharper cheekbones.
nacas baad taheey waryaa ninkaas wuxuu layaheey iisheeg somali sideey u eegtaheey aan mashety ladhaco markaas adna usheegeeysaa i am disappointed in you
Lets get real

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Harel wrote:
We don't want to hurt Ethiopians, so can anybody tell me how to spot the difference between these two horn of Africa groups? I would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
What do you mean by we dont want to hurt ethiopians? Are you asking for a distinction between somalis and ethiopians so you can attack somalis? LOL YOU FAIL loser because Ethiopia is made of 99 different tribes and they countless languages. Ethnic Somalis who live in Ogadenia are considered Ethiopians to the outside world because Ogadenia is (unfairly)apart of Ethiopia.

Also what a sad existence you must live. When the white man has oppressed and enslaved you in your own country you are looking to attack REAL black men and women who are bringing income to that piece of shit you call a country.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

They smell like they've been playing with an unclean vagina and that isn't even a lie because I have nothing against them personally.
Haykal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

this guy who started this thread is ethiopian he is trolling as south african @harel we all know you hate us why don't just be youself filthy xabash

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

hooyo wrote:
<quoted text>nacas baad taheey waryaa ninkaas wuxuu layaheey iisheeg somali sideey u eegtaheey aan mashety ladhaco markaas adna usheegeeysaa i am disappointed in you
Hooyo I am sorry he tricked me, I never knew anything, these days I am not on Topix as much, only to do qabiil lessons inshallah

How are you doing otherwise, are you still Khalaf Queen, God bless you Hooyo
Ahmed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Ethopians stink like ass walahi somali power
Ali yare

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Ethopian they r think tht they r beter then somalian bt somalian we dnt have tht hate
pff

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

kkkkk

somali, Ethiopia will build your your country.... remember who helped you in time of need.... not areb, or islam....but Ethiopia,

you learn from ethiopia,,, we are not one tribe...we are african captial
Warya

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

There are 3 types of Ethiopians more or less...

Nilotic-Omotic types in the West and Southwest of Ethiopia. These people are much darker than Somalis, have bigger noses, bigger jaws, kinkier hair, bigger heads and more muscular than Somalis.

Habesha types in the Central and North are Semitic-Cushitic mix breeds who look superficially like Somalis but are one or two shades lighter on average, have more hooked noses, kinkier hair, broader face, shorter height, and their women have bigger breasts than the Somali.

Cushitic types in the Central, South, and East look just like Somalis for the most part, hard to tell the difference.

I have been to both Ethiopia and Somalia and this is my observation.
sara

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Warya wrote:
There are 3 types of Ethiopians more or less...
Nilotic-Omotic types in the West and Southwest of Ethiopia. These people are much darker than Somalis, have bigger noses, bigger jaws, kinkier hair, bigger heads and more muscular than Somalis.
Habesha types in the Central and North are Semitic-Cushitic mix breeds who look superficially like Somalis but are one or two shades lighter on average, have more hooked noses, kinkier hair, broader face, shorter height, and their women have bigger breasts than the Somali.
Cushitic types in the Central, South, and East look just like Somalis for the most part, hard to tell the difference.
I have been to both Ethiopia and Somalia and this is my observation.
Ya u are right and also north Ethiopian men more good looking than Somali men specially north Ethiopian people from afar and oromo part
the afar guy

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Ali yare wrote:
Ethopian they r think tht they r beter then somalian bt somalian we dnt have tht hate
True
the afar guy

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Haykal wrote:
this guy who started this thread is ethiopian he is trolling as south african @harel we all know you hate us why don't just be youself filthy xabash
U must be ugly Somali girl who always insulting Ethiopian men ugly black ass
Perfect Answer

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Harel wrote:
If you want to know the difference between the Somalis and Ethiopians ask them one simple question. Where are you from? And they will answer you with pride.
yan

Helsinki, Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

All somalis and ethiopians are beautiful. Why we always argue? We all are humans. God's humans
Som_som

Hayes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

SomaliLesbian wrote:
Why are you being stupid? Is you being lesbian made you lower ur IQ serously. Let me explain ot to you. He or she said he dosen't want to hurt ethiopian that mean he want to hurt somalis GET IT.
Som_som

Hayes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Perfect Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know the difference between the Somalis and Ethiopians ask them one simple question. Where are you from? And they will answer you with pride.
Ur perfectly wright

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Somalia Forum right now

Search the Somalia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tuaregs and cushites the same people (Jul '12) 16 min LastManOnEarth 19
Jokes 23 min calasow 2
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 25 min LastManOnEarth 1,523
Somali people are NOT black 39 min Sofia 49
Educated Somali Brother 42 min calasow 5
Why do Somali girls marry Black Boys 1 hr LastManOnEarth 102
Rebuilding Somalia 3 hr Laila Adigar 15
•••
•••