How to differentiate between Ethiopians and somalis?

Posted in the Somalia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harel

South Africa

#1 Mar 11, 2013
We don't want to hurt Ethiopians, so can anybody tell me how to spot the difference between these two horn of Africa groups? I would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 11, 2013
Ethiopians tend to have lighter skins and ratchier hair. They also look different, their heads are smaller and they are considerably shorter.

I think the average Ethiopian male is around 5'5 (personal observation). The Ethiopian seems to have an elongated brow ridge, while we have a more subtle one and sharper cheekbones.
Haykal

United States

#3 Mar 12, 2013
And why are you telling him
Somali Man

NykÝbing, Denmark

#4 Mar 12, 2013
I don't think that Ethipians is ligther but a bit darker than us. Although the Oromo has the same skin color as the Somalis. :)
hooyo

Basel, Switzerland

#5 Mar 12, 2013
FaraxZeroIncome wrote:
Ethiopians tend to have lighter skins and ratchier hair. They also look different, their heads are smaller and they are considerably shorter.
I think the average Ethiopian male is around 5'5 (personal observation). The Ethiopian seems to have an elongated brow ridge, while we have a more subtle one and sharper cheekbones.
nacas baad taheey waryaa ninkaas wuxuu layaheey iisheeg somali sideey u eegtaheey aan mashety ladhaco markaas adna usheegeeysaa i am disappointed in you
Lets get real

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 12, 2013
Harel wrote:
We don't want to hurt Ethiopians, so can anybody tell me how to spot the difference between these two horn of Africa groups? I would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
What do you mean by we dont want to hurt ethiopians? Are you asking for a distinction between somalis and ethiopians so you can attack somalis? LOL YOU FAIL loser because Ethiopia is made of 99 different tribes and they countless languages. Ethnic Somalis who live in Ogadenia are considered Ethiopians to the outside world because Ogadenia is (unfairly)apart of Ethiopia.

Also what a sad existence you must live. When the white man has oppressed and enslaved you in your own country you are looking to attack REAL black men and women who are bringing income to that piece of shit you call a country.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#7 Mar 12, 2013
They smell like they've been playing with an unclean vagina and that isn't even a lie because I have nothing against them personally.
Haykal

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2013
this guy who started this thread is ethiopian he is trolling as south african @harel we all know you hate us why don't just be youself filthy xabash

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 12, 2013
hooyo wrote:
<quoted text>nacas baad taheey waryaa ninkaas wuxuu layaheey iisheeg somali sideey u eegtaheey aan mashety ladhaco markaas adna usheegeeysaa i am disappointed in you
Hooyo I am sorry he tricked me, I never knew anything, these days I am not on Topix as much, only to do qabiil lessons inshallah

How are you doing otherwise, are you still Khalaf Queen, God bless you Hooyo
Ahmed

United States

#10 May 17, 2013
Ethopians stink like ass walahi somali power
Ali yare

Johannesburg, South Africa

#11 May 20, 2013
Ethopian they r think tht they r beter then somalian bt somalian we dnt have tht hate
pff

Fort Wayne, IN

#12 May 20, 2013
kkkkk

somali, Ethiopia will build your your country.... remember who helped you in time of need.... not areb, or islam....but Ethiopia,

you learn from ethiopia,,, we are not one tribe...we are african captial
Warya

London, UK

#13 May 20, 2013
There are 3 types of Ethiopians more or less...

Nilotic-Omotic types in the West and Southwest of Ethiopia. These people are much darker than Somalis, have bigger noses, bigger jaws, kinkier hair, bigger heads and more muscular than Somalis.

Habesha types in the Central and North are Semitic-Cushitic mix breeds who look superficially like Somalis but are one or two shades lighter on average, have more hooked noses, kinkier hair, broader face, shorter height, and their women have bigger breasts than the Somali.

Cushitic types in the Central, South, and East look just like Somalis for the most part, hard to tell the difference.

I have been to both Ethiopia and Somalia and this is my observation.
sara

Toronto, Canada

#14 May 20, 2013
Warya wrote:
There are 3 types of Ethiopians more or less...
Nilotic-Omotic types in the West and Southwest of Ethiopia. These people are much darker than Somalis, have bigger noses, bigger jaws, kinkier hair, bigger heads and more muscular than Somalis.
Habesha types in the Central and North are Semitic-Cushitic mix breeds who look superficially like Somalis but are one or two shades lighter on average, have more hooked noses, kinkier hair, broader face, shorter height, and their women have bigger breasts than the Somali.
Cushitic types in the Central, South, and East look just like Somalis for the most part, hard to tell the difference.
I have been to both Ethiopia and Somalia and this is my observation.
Ya u are right and also north Ethiopian men more good looking than Somali men specially north Ethiopian people from afar and oromo part
the afar guy

Toronto, Canada

#15 May 20, 2013
Ali yare wrote:
Ethopian they r think tht they r beter then somalian bt somalian we dnt have tht hate
True
the afar guy

Toronto, Canada

#17 May 20, 2013
Haykal wrote:
this guy who started this thread is ethiopian he is trolling as south african @harel we all know you hate us why don't just be youself filthy xabash
U must be ugly Somali girl who always insulting Ethiopian men ugly black ass
Perfect Answer

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#18 Jun 28, 2013
Harel wrote:
If you want to know the difference between the Somalis and Ethiopians ask them one simple question. Where are you from? And they will answer you with pride.
yan

Helsinki, Finland

#19 Sep 15, 2013
All somalis and ethiopians are beautiful. Why we always argue? We all are humans. God's humans
Som_som

Isleworth, UK

#20 Sep 15, 2013
SomaliLesbian wrote:
Why are you being stupid? Is you being lesbian made you lower ur IQ serously. Let me explain ot to you. He or she said he dosen't want to hurt ethiopian that mean he want to hurt somalis GET IT.
Som_som

Isleworth, UK

#21 Sep 15, 2013
Perfect Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know the difference between the Somalis and Ethiopians ask them one simple question. Where are you from? And they will answer you with pride.
Ur perfectly wright

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Somalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blacks ruin everything!!! 4 hr Somalibyethnicity... 11
Half Yemeni Half Somali(Help!!! ) (Feb '12) 5 hr Unknown 58
futada iyo siilka keba macaan (May '11) 7 hr dabewase 1,744
Is He Somali? 7 hr Nin somali 79
!!!!!!!!!Do the Ashraaf Somalis intermarry with... 8 hr old soul 10
25 year old lawyer somali women, is it time to ... 8 hr Sofia 5
Wiil Raba Guurdoon Xalaal ah (Aug '12) 11 hr Xalima 372
dhuqmada siilka iyo mida guska tee macaan sidee... (Mar '11) Thu nin culus 1,191
gus wayne gabadhii rabta halkanaa laga helaa (Jun '09) Wed hanad walthamstow 4,335
Gabdhaha buuran iyo kuwa dhuuban kuwee raaxo ma... (Apr '10) Sep 16 xamiid kashka 1,314
•••

Somalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••