Kenyan masai people look somali

Posted in the Somalia Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Al sumal

Busto Arsizio, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 27, 2011
 

Judged:

5

5

5

a lot of kenyan people look somalis, masai people are very beautiful and 6o% of them look like somalis,and alsow other nilotic tribes such as samburu

look at george saitoti he is a kenyan politician half masai and half kikuyu

http://www.google.it/imgres...

he look like a somali men

alsow Yoweri museveni ugandan president look a litle bit like somali

http://www.google.it/imgres...

he is from acholi nilotic tribe

look at the masai people

http://www.google.it/imgres...

i think that nilotic people come from somalia and then they mixed with bantu
Al sumal

Busto Arsizio, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 27, 2011
 
discuss
Kaffir

Nairobi, Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 27, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I'm loathe to have to contradict you on one point. George Saitoti is actually 100% Kikuyu. He took up a maasai name to access a scholarhip in the 1950s. By the way, Prof. George Saitoti is one of only 7 people on earth who can solve the 'Poincare Conjecture'- A notorious mathematical problem.

I am not surprised that Maasais look like Somalis simply because I know that we all have a common ancestor who lived 40,000 years ago. Which in geological terms is like the blink of an eye. This ancestor is the so-called Chromosomal Adam or the Mitochondrial Eve.

I would be more suprised if Somalis looked unique because it would mean they are a different species.

While Somalis are Cushites, Maasais Nilotes and the Banyankole (Museveni's tribe) are Bantu, you have to understand that the these are academic classifications not genetic dichotomies.

Nilote means people of the Nile
Cushite means people from Cush/Kush or Black people
Bantu means people who speak languages in which the word for 'person' has the 'ntu' root.(Swahili= Mtu, Kikuyu = Mundu, Kisii = Muntu, Zulu = Buntu, Tswana = Batho etc)

We are all one. Homo sapiens.
Al sumal

Busto Arsizio, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 27, 2011
 
Kaffir wrote:
I'm loathe to have to contradict you on one point. George Saitoti is actually 100% Kikuyu. He took up a maasai name to access a scholarhip in the 1950s. By the way, Prof. George Saitoti is one of only 7 people on earth who can solve the 'Poincare Conjecture'- A notorious mathematical problem.
I am not surprised that Maasais look like Somalis simply because I know that we all have a common ancestor who lived 40,000 years ago. Which in geological terms is like the blink of an eye. This ancestor is the so-called Chromosomal Adam or the Mitochondrial Eve.
I would be more suprised if Somalis looked unique because it would mean they are a different species.
While Somalis are Cushites, Maasais Nilotes and the Banyankole (Museveni's tribe) are Bantu, you have to understand that the these are academic classifications not genetic dichotomies.
Nilote means people of the Nile
Cushite means people from Cush/Kush or Black people
Bantu means people who speak languages in which the word for 'person' has the 'ntu' root.(Swahili= Mtu, Kikuyu = Mundu, Kisii = Muntu, Zulu = Buntu, Tswana = Batho etc)
We are all one. Homo sapiens.
yes brother you are right...we are all homo sapiens
but i belived that museveni was from acholi nilotic etnic groupe and i red on wikipedia that george saitoti is half masai
easy

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 27, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Kaffir wrote:
I'm loathe to have to contradict you on one point. George Saitoti is actually 100% Kikuyu. He took up a maasai name to access a scholarhip in the 1950s. By the way, Prof. George Saitoti is one of only 7 people on earth who can solve the 'Poincare Conjecture'- A notorious mathematical problem.
I am not surprised that Maasais look like Somalis simply because I know that we all have a common ancestor who lived 40,000 years ago. Which in geological terms is like the blink of an eye. This ancestor is the so-called Chromosomal Adam or the Mitochondrial Eve.
I would be more suprised if Somalis looked unique because it would mean they are a different species.
While Somalis are Cushites, Maasais Nilotes and the Banyankole (Museveni's tribe) are Bantu, you have to understand that the these are academic classifications not genetic dichotomies.
Nilote means people of the Nile
Cushite means people from Cush/Kush or Black people
Bantu means people who speak languages in which the word for 'person' has the 'ntu' root.(Swahili= Mtu, Kikuyu = Mundu, Kisii = Muntu, Zulu = Buntu, Tswana = Batho etc)
We are all one. Homo sapiens.
There is no doubt we are all related. There is no difference between a Somali, kikuyu or maasai. All are African tribes
Al Shabab Hunter-Killer

Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 27, 2011
 
Al sumal wrote:
<quoted text>
yes brother you are right...we are all homo sapiens
but i belived that museveni was from acholi nilotic etnic groupe and i red on wikipedia that george saitoti is half masai
Museveni is a Banyankole. They are related to Tutsis in Rwanda. The Banyankole are classified as Bantu because their language is Bantoid but there is evidence that they may have been Nilotes a long time ago.

The late Congolese Dictator, Mobutu Seseseko, was from the Ngbandi tribe which is classified as Bantu because their language is Bantoid by their folklore places their origin in the Sudan and are Nilotes.

It is possible that populations classifioed as Nilotes today may have been Cushites or Bantu and vice versa. As people migrate and intermarry, cultures and languages change. So do the resulting academic classifications.

As for Prof. Saitoti, it appears he is Kikuyu. His name is George Kinuthia. This is a Kikuyu name. Since he is the eldest son in his family, it means that he was named after his paternal grandfather who must have been a Kikuyu.

This changes nothing because there is no pure Kikuyu. All Kikuyus have a maasai grand parent or great grand parent. As you might know, membership into the Kikuyu tribe is passed on by the mother and not by the father. This means that all Kikuyu women give birth to Kikuyu children regardless of the father's ethnicity. This is probably why the Kikuyu are the largest tribe in Kenya. A Kikuyu man who marries a non-Kikuyu woman cannot pass on his Kikuyuness (if there is such a thing) to his children.

Given that Saitoti's mother is a Kikuyu, that makes him a 100% Kikuyu.

I personally have uncles and aunts who maasai yet I have been socialised as a Kikuyu.
Abdiwasa

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 27, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

That is pointless, the Somalis are Cushitics and the Masai are Nilot, they never look alike. As a people the somalis are very similar to Afar and Oromo. And Physically close to the rest of Ethiopians. I am not being racist or some thing, just the fact.
Kaffir

Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 27, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Atlantis wrote:
The Maasai are half Cushitic half Nilotic. They are so called Nilo-Hamites.
Many genetic studies have been done on them, they have large Cushitic/Hamitic blood:
See this DNA section on their wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maasai_people#Ge...
Many of them also have Caucasoid Somali features:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9430/maasa...
http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Tanzania/Arush...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
http://www.seewald.com/images/Africa/Kenya/We...
All this is academic nonsense. The theory that Maasais were Nilo-Hamitic was created by Carl Meinhof. However, ever since Joseph Greenberg's theory the maasais are now considered fully Nilotic. You have to understand that these are THEORIES not facts.They have neither been proven nor disproven. All we know is that human beings belong to one species. Everything else is just half-baked theories and hypotheses that belong inside a university anthropology class.

Due to a confluence of circumstances such as migration and intermarriage, it is not possible to make exclusive classifications. I am pretty sure pockets of Somalis will be closer genetically to Yemenis than to other Somalis. Others will be closer to Banjuni than to other Somalis etc. Infact, did you know that 25% of the time a white European will be closer genetically to an African than to another European?

Somalis like any other ethnic group are not a homogenous group.It is genetically impossible. They will have influences from all over. Were it not for interbreeding, Somalis would have died out a long time ago due to inbreeding. The truth is a population has to intermarry or perish.
Kaffir

Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 27, 2011
 
Atlantis wrote:
If you don't want to accept modern genetic studies, well that's up to you. But the Maasai are most definitely heavily Cushitic mixed whether you like it or not.
Pure blooded Nilotes are found in South Sudan, people like the Dinka/Nuer/Shilluk are true Nilotes.
On the other hand, the Maasai and Samburu are heavily diluted with Cushitic blood.
Actually your response here is expected. This article will explain why http://www.alternet.org/media/151426/why_do_p... 're_confronted_with_the_truth/ ?page=entire
show

Liverpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

genetically massai carry m293 wich is a seprate phylogenetic of the m35 the ancestor of the somali m78
there is no such thing as cushitic we are elongated africans that why ex somali government had ranslated cushitic to faradheere and cagdheere( the race of elongated features)
the tutsi,massai and sab somalis/rahanween are more related metrically than samaale from egypt and arabia and then got mixed with sab somalis to produce the morden ethnic somali
the tutsi and massai are from dinka of south sudan the tallest africans and samburu are from massai and sabsomalis the tallest somalis are from samburu and ogaaden and gugundhabe the tallest samaalis are from sab somalis
look how the tutusi,massai and sabsomalis are anthropmetically closer to each other even from samaale
http://thesankoregriot.wordpress.com/2010/04/...
show

Liverpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

manuscript of jean hiernaux, notice how the sab somalis are closer to the tutusi and maasai and beyond them are dinka while samaale is between sabsomalis,the bedounse and egypt. simply it means ethnic somali is made of both middle estreners and nilo hamites
http://i52.tinypic.com/i72808.jpg
raxeye

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 7, 2011
 
is tru they look somalian,part of west africa geney, jat, kenia brundi tansania ruwanda those who look like somalia are madhiban ppl 800 years to 3000 years ago they somali royal familiy king and powerful east africa bucir baceer.take ppl what they call as (midgaan.)
Dangaale

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 14, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Atlantis wrote:
The Maasai are half Cushitic half Nilotic. They are so called Nilo-Hamites.
Many genetic studies have been done on them, they have large Cushitic/Hamitic blood:
See this DNA section on their wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maasai_people#Ge...
Many of them also have Caucasoid Somali features:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9430/maasa...
http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Tanzania/Arush...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
http://www.seewald.com/images/Africa/Kenya/We...
somalis have nothing to do with caucasian people.
SeektheTruth

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Al sumal wrote:
a lot of kenyan people look somalis, masai people are very beautiful and 6o% of them look like somalis,and alsow other nilotic tribes such as samburu
look at george saitoti he is a kenyan politician half masai and half kikuyu
http://www.google.it/imgres...
he look like a somali men
alsow Yoweri museveni ugandan president look a litle bit like somali
http://www.google.it/imgres...
he is from acholi nilotic tribe
look at the masai people
http://www.google.it/imgres...
i think that nilotic people come from somalia and then they mixed with bantu
don't insult us. If Some Kenyans look a little Somali, its b/c Kenya is former colony of Somalia, they some of our have our beautiful dna. Nilotic people do not come from Somalia. lmao. Most Kenyans are bantu, and they look and behave like bantus.
SeektheTruth

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Atlantis wrote:
The Maasai are half Cushitic half Nilotic. They are so called Nilo-Hamites.
Many genetic studies have been done on them, they have large Cushitic/Hamitic blood:
See this DNA section on their wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maasai_people#Ge...
Many of them also have Caucasoid Somali features:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9430/maasa...
http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Tanzania/Arush...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
http://www.seewald.com/images/Africa/Kenya/We...
Absolutely on point and 100% correct.

Though I don't know why filthy Kenyan people or country have to always get mentioned on this Somali forum.

“Most Wanted & Denied”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

@topic: that is because you are related. You are also related to the Rendile people and the Tutsis.
Atlantis wrote:
The Maasai are half Cushitic half Nilotic. They are so called Nilo-Hamites.
Many genetic studies have been done on them, they have large Cushitic/Hamitic blood:
See this DNA section on their wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maasai_people#Ge...
Many of them also have Caucasoid Somali features:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9430/maasa...
http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Tanzania/Arush...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
http://www.seewald.com/images/Africa/Kenya/We...
There is no such thing as "caucasoid features". Your features (straight nose/soft hair) are native to Africa.

Smh...ignorance.
Unity Is a Weapon

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

DiTruth wrote:
@topic: that is because you are related. You are also related to the Rendile people and the Tutsis.
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "caucasoid features". Your features (straight nose/soft hair) are native to Africa.
Smh...ignorance.
Honestly, these people are stupid ..I wouldn't waste your time explaining anything to them. They are desperate to believe they are related to anything and anyone as long as they are not African.
Explaining their is no such thing as a "caucasoid" is also pointless, they believe anything their colonial masters told them..the khoisan have the exact same facial structure as an east asian ..does it mean they are related to one another and does it mean they are so called "mongolid" ? of course not ..especially since the khoisan were here first. what stupid somalis don't understand is that they haven't got their features from anyone it was already THERE in Africa. Any facial structure you see outside of africa can actually be FOUND in africa, ethiopians seem to know this somalis though? sheesh ..it's like trying to tell them the sky is blue but they are convinced it's pink ..it's just pointless the peak of their brain capacity came to an end during the stone age.

“Most Wanted & Denied”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Lol....ownage.
east african

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unity Is a Weapon wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, these people are stupid ..I wouldn't waste your time explaining anything to them. They are desperate to believe they are related to anything and anyone as long as they are not African.
Explaining their is no such thing as a "caucasoid" is also pointless, they believe anything their colonial masters told them..the khoisan have the exact same facial structure as an east asian ..does it mean they are related to one another and does it mean they are so called "mongolid" ? of course not ..especially since the khoisan were here first. what stupid somalis don't understand is that they haven't got their features from anyone it was already THERE in Africa. Any facial structure you see outside of africa can actually be FOUND in africa, ethiopians seem to know this somalis though? sheesh ..it's like trying to tell them the sky is blue but they are convinced it's pink ..it's just pointless the peak of their brain capacity came to an end during the stone age.
One of the smartest comments on here. I'm Kenyan and my mom and her family have the same features as a Somali or southern Ethiopian features except her hair. And my dad looks like a Bantu because he is. Kenya is one of the most diverse countries in Africa and a lot of Kenyans have the same facial features as Somalis and Ethiopians I don't get why they feel the need to insult the rest of Africa as if Africans aren't look down on enough already. Instead of arguing about our features how about we have an argument about how we can improve Africa? How we can uplift this beautiful continent with beautiful people from each country I'm it.
NANI

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Al sumal wrote:
a lot of kenyan people look somalis, masai people are very beautiful and 6o% of them look like somalis,and alsow other nilotic tribes such as samburu
look at george saitoti he is a kenyan politician half masai and half kikuyu
http://www.google.it/imgres...
he look like a somali men
alsow Yoweri museveni ugandan president look a litle bit like somali
http://www.google.it/imgres...
he is from acholi nilotic tribe
look at the masai people
http://www.google.it/imgres...
i think that nilotic people come from somalia and then they mixed with bantu
I am Maasai and we do not look like somalis we look like maasais period!! Proud and tall, we do not have clan warfare like you guys and would not want to be likened to a failed state people

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

60 Users are viewing the Somalia Forum right now

Search the Somalia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Do Somalis Love Palestine More Than Their O... 13 min kobe-Richest Somali 6
Do you speak JIVE language? 24 min Sheikh Mustafa 4
Not Muslim Anymore 40 min peace n shaax123 26
Somalis are the 2nd poorest Ethnic group in Ame... (Jul '13) 2 hr Yaqub 68
Why are Somali guys so ugly? (Jun '12) 3 hr shayma 263
Garoob doon (Jul '13) 4 hr sharmarke 27
wasmada daba maxaa ka macaan? 5 hr ha iweydiin magaceyga 4
•••
•••