Filipino prostitutes in Singapore

Posted in the Singapore Forum

Edu Pestano

Singapore, Singapore

#1 May 8, 2013
Police arrest 11 women near Orchard Towers for suspected vice activities
Published on Mar 22, 2013

By Charissa Yong

Eleven women were arrested on Friday near Orchard Towers for their suspected involvement in vice activities.

The women are aged between 21 and 43 years and are of different nationalities.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/sin...
Edu Pestano

Singapore, Singapore

#2 May 8, 2013
Pub was a front for vice ring; Two managers fined for abetting owner

Published on May 07, 2013

By Khushwant Singh

An Orchard Road pub was a front for vice ring that even offered oral sex on its premises, a District Court heard on Tuesday. For abetting pub owner Ang Boon Kwee to live on the earnings of prostitutes, floor manager Ng Kian Boon, 26, and bar manager Ridzawi Ali, 31, were fined $20,000. They were also fined an additional $2,000 each for helping Ang operate a brothel.

The 42-year-old pub owner, and four other employees are also facing charges but have not dealt with yet. Their ruse was exposed after undercover police officers, acting on a tip-off, went to the now defunct Famous Hot Models pub on the third floor of Orchard Towers at 1am on May 25 last year, said Deputy Public Prosecutor Joshua Lai.

They pretended to be customers and were joined by three Filipino hostesses, who told them that oral sex was available in the pub's three karaoke rooms at a cost of $182.00. If a customer wanted to have sex, he would have to pay the pub $268 for two hours of the woman's company.

Other police officers later moved in and arrested 26 Filipino women, aged 19 to 31, and also the six Singaporeans between the ages of 18 and 42, who were managing the pub.

Edu Pestano

Singapore, Singapore

#3 May 8, 2013
Sex for moonlighters
Written by Administrator
Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Twenty-five-year-old Tina Cruz (not her real name) first came to Singapore in October last year, not quite prepared for the job that was waiting for her.“My best friend’s cousin works here, too, so she helped me when I was back in Manila looking for another job,” she says.

Tina used to work as a saleslady at a Shoemart mall in Manila, earning about P9,000 a month. Her husband had the same job, but they found it hard to make ends meet, with their 7-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter.“It’s so hard to earn a living back home. How can you support a family with that salary? How can you provide for your children’s
future?”

Without telling her husband, Tina spent about P15,000 for a ticket to Singapore on budget airline Jetstar. She also brought US$500 as “show money” at the Singapore airport. Then, with a two-week “social visit” pass and some help from her best friend’s cousin, she learned the ins and outs of the island’s night life-where to find clients, how much to ask for, how to avoid getting caught by the police.

She decided to base herself at one of the bars in Lucky Plaza, a shopping mall in central Orchard Road. Lucky Plaza is popular with Filipinos. On Sundays, domestic workers would gather here to meet friends or send money back to the Philippines through the remittance centers.

Practical reasons

Tina says she earned 5 Singapore dollars or about P156 for every drink that cost S$15. Every time she went home with a client, she got paid S$150.

“After three and a half months, I was able to bring home P200,000. In my family I’m the breadwinner and I pay for everything. When I went home I gave my aunts one thousand pesos each.and I treated my family. There was one day I spent P10,000.”

In the beginning, Tina says, her husband found it difficult to accept her kind of work. But he later agreed with her view that this was best for their family. She says they have to be practical. She is even helping her sister to join her in Singapore.“I think I have a heart of
stone. But I explained the job to her. Babuyan talaga.”

Tina’s story is echoed in those of other Filipinos working at pubs in other parts of the island.

A growing number of Filipino women enter Singapore to work in the sex trade. Many say they found out about the opportunity to earn thousands of pesos for a few hours’ work, through relatives, friends, or neighbors who had also come to Singapore to work in the world’s oldest profession.

Rachel (not her real name), from Cebu, now works at a pub in Duxton Hill near Singapore’s Chinatown. She says she came here last year after obtaining a degree in agriculture, to follow in the footsteps of her sister. Another Filipino based in Paramount Shopping Centre says her sister, too, works with her at the same pub.

http://www.asiaviews.org/headlines/1-headline...
Gloria Manzano

Singapore, Singapore

#4 May 14, 2013
Pub owner and Filipina charged with vice offences
Published on Dec 18, 2012

By Elena Chong

A pub owner and his girlfriend were charged on Tuesday with vice offences.

Pannirselvam Krishnan, 49, owner of Dotcom Entertainment, is alleged to have lived on the immoral earnings of 14 Filipino prostitutes aged 19 to 30, while Kristella Marie Garcia Alabado, 23, allegedly helped him by collecting the women's earnings between April and August this year.

sivasakthi

Singapore, Singapore

#5 Jul 25, 2014
I'm like it place and good social work
peso

Singapore, Singapore

#6 Aug 17, 2014
How much can a Filipina prostitute earn in Singapore in a month?
Jose Ramos

Singapore, Singapore

#7 Oct 4, 2014
Prostitution crackdowns reveal inadequacy of S’pore’s policing ability
From Wong Hwee Lin

Published: 4:03 AM, October 4, 2014

Two crackdowns on prostitution activities in public flats in Ang Mo Kio in June and Jurong West last month have confirmed that prostitution has flourished beyond the traditional boundary of our red-light district.

These are only two cases that have surfaced. The audacity to operate prostitution in our heartlands shows how prosperous this business has grown and may propel it to grow further.

In the private apartment building I live in, two units on the same level seem to be operating blatantly as brothels. It does not help when the police remain passive or leave it to our Management Corporation Strata Title.

I was even asked by the young officer at the neighbourhood police post to consider the option of moving. While my situation is a small matter, it raises bigger questions about the existing and future adequacy of our ability to police.

http://www.todayonline.com/voices/prostitutio...
aquino

Singapore, Singapore

#8 Oct 12, 2014
peso wrote:
How much can a Filipina prostitute earn in Singapore in a month?
More than SGD10,000?
aquino

Singapore, Singapore

#9 Oct 12, 2014
Couple made $1 million in 4 years from 9 sleazy pubs
PUBLISHED ON OCT 10, 2014

BY BRYNA SINGH
SINGAPORE - A Singaporean pub owner and his Filipino wife earned about $1.08 million from their nine pubs within four years, between 2009 and 2013.

While this was in part because of pub owner Ang Boon Seng's efforts and experience in the industry, about 40 per cent of the earnings was made illegally by providing sexual services in his pubs, which were located in two Orchard Road buildings.

Customers could obtain oral sex among other services inside the pubs, as long as they bought a certain number of overpriced "ladies drinks" - each costing $22 to $55. Customers could also pay a "bar fine" of at least $200 to take a woman out for activities, which usually included sexual intercourse, The New Paper reported.

See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/co...
John Bayan

Singapore, Singapore

#10 Oct 16, 2014
Pub was a front for vice ring; Two managers fined for abetting owner
PUBLISHED ON MAY 7, 2013

BY KHUSHWANT SINGH
An Orchard Road pub was a front for vice ring that even offered oral sex on its premises, a District Court heard on Tuesday. For abetting pub owner Ang Boon Kwee to live on the earnings of prostitutes, floor manager Ng Kian Boon, 26, and bar manager Ridzawi Ali, 31, were fined $20,000. They were also fined an additional $2,000 each for helping Ang operate a brothel.

The 42-year-old pub owner, and four other employees are also facing charges but have not dealt with yet. Their ruse was exposed after undercover police officers, acting on a tip-off, went to the now defunct Famous Hot Models pub on the third floor of Orchard Towers at 1am on May 25 last year, said Deputy Public Prosecutor Joshua Lai.

They pretended to be customers and were joined by three Filipino hostesses, who told them that oral sex was available in the pub's three karaoke rooms at a cost of $182.00. If a customer wanted to have sex, he would have to pay the pub $268 for two hours of the woman's company.

Other police officers later moved in and arrested 26 Filipino women, aged 19 to 31, and also the six Singaporeans between the ages of 18 and 42, who were managing the pub.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/sin...
prostitution hub

Singapore, Singapore

#11 Oct 16, 2014
A tale of 2 Filipinas in Singapore
How dream of better future turns into nightmare
By Veronica Uy
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 11:14:00 11/06/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Lalaine, 19, was a saleslady for a popular department store when she was lured by a ?friend of a friend? to work ?for better pay? as a waitress in Singapore only to find that her workplace was a nightclub where she was forced to do a strip-tease and encouraged to have customers fondle her.

Kristine, a recent widow at 23 with two children (her husband died December 2006), was also told of the tremendous earning opportunities (?malaki raw ang kita?) in Singapore by an acquaintance -- a neighbor who was also their barangay (village) chairman. She agreed to a ?hostessing? job there, but ended up being a call girl, having sex with different men in different hotels as arranged by her employer.

Lalaine and Kristine are just two of a growing number of young Filipino women being trafficked to Singapore for sexual exploitation, drawn in by the adventure of work abroad on the false promise of a high-paying decent job.

In its Human Trafficking Report of 2007, released this June, the United States? Department of State noted this increase of Asian women (from People?s Republic of China, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam) being deceived or coerced into sexual servitude in the city-state so much so that it downgraded Singapore from Tier 1 in 2006 to Tier 2 in 2007.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/breakin...
walter

Singapore, Singapore

#12 Oct 24, 2014
I feel the number of filipino prostitutes in Singapore has doubled over the past few years.
Jarius Siva

Singapore, Singapore

#14 Monday Dec 29
Hi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Singapore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Work Life Balance 2 hr Aye Than 7
Maids in Singapore and South-East Asia 2 hr Aye Than 3
Spanking in Singapore (Apr '11) 5 hr thighspank 1,334
Need a personal loan? 9 hr Jimmy1978 1
Looking for reliable E5/nimetaze sourse 14 hr thehappy5man 1
Grand Mufti: Moderation an important part of Is... 22 hr tom_ 4
Yes, I am a loser! Tue Jan Winns 6
More from around the web