Mary Jean Holcomb

Full story: Chronicle-Tribune

FAIRMOUNT - Mary Jean Holcomb, 69, died Tuesday, January 2, 2007, at Marion General Hospital in Marion.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Aug 23, 2011
Lois Ellis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2007

Mary jean Holcom was a dedicated Nurse and loved to care for her patients whether in Sierra Leone or in Indiana. She spent many years in Seirra leone as a nurse and Bible teacher. We shall miss her.

Maloclm and Lois Sheridan Ellis
Annette Ybarra

Kendallville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

Mary Jean was a wonderful person and she touched the lives of my family. The holidays just won't be the same without her at my sisters house. Annette Ybarra and family.
Marcia Bertram

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Mary Jean was overflowing with love of her work as an R.N., her volunteer work at the mission, her participation in women's Bible study, and her cooking and sewing. She was often observed bringing food for her evening shift crew.

She was gracious to come and speak to our church ladies' group about her most recent visit to Sierra Leone. When asked if she had any namesakes there, she was pleased to tell me, "Yes!"

We were privileged to know her. She is missed.
Portia Westfall

North Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

I did not know her personally, but I was putting together a compilation of Bertha Major's photos, a fellow missionary, and came across photographs of Mary Jean. I am sure Bertha and she had many great times.
Mary Zuber Macaluso

Sturgeon Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

Lois Ellis wrote:
Mary jean Holcom was a dedicated Nurse and loved to care for her patients whether in Sierra Leone or in Indiana. She spent many years in Seirra leone as a nurse and Bible teacher. We shall miss her.
Maloclm and Lois Sheridan Ellis
Lois,
Is this the Mary Jean Holcomb who graduated from West Suburban Hospital School of Nursing? We're having our 50th class reunion and trying to track down our classmates. Mary and I were friends and attended the Wesleyan church in Austin together and I'm pretty certain she went to Sierra Leonne with the Wesleyan Mission. Will you email me with any information - mm_macaluso@juno.com. I remember you as an RN to SL with the Wesleyans also. My Dad was a Wesleyan pastor in Michigan - Eddie Zuber. Thanks for your response, if you get this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sierra Leone Discussions

Search the Sierra Leone Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
dating men from Sierra leone (Jun '12) Jul 24 atisha 14
making money with premium rate numbers Jul 18 parascorp8 1
Black Money Jul 14 Anthony 1
hurry!!!!!! premium rate numbers available with... Jun '14 parascorp8 1
...FARMER..is..GOD,,..not... (Sep '13) May '14 PAUL SHYKORA arts 2
Were Ram and Rahim gays? Apr '14 Buddha 1
UN Declares Sierra Leone a Success as Peacekeep... Mar '14 HAJA SONNAH ALLIE KHAN 1
•••
•••