Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#106 Oct 11, 2012
prishtina wrote:
<quoted text>
True, me too...I would be thinking of being friends with serbs only if they go back to their homeland in Asia.
Thats why no Slav or Greek will ever be friends with you because you somehow have the idea that the whole Balkans belongs to Albanians and only Albanians (no one else basically ethnically cleansed territory). If you have trouble grasping the concept think of the ideas Serbs had back in the 90s same thing with you.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#107 Oct 11, 2012
Karolcik wrote:
<quoted text>
So this must have been in another comment; the one I praised him for did say "Asian" at most.. given that Siberia lies in Asia this is not irrelevant :)
Exactly the world belongs to everyone, there is no such thing as Ethnic Albanian territory/sate, or Ethnic Serbia territory/state or Ethnic Greek territory/state. Nationalities and states are no longer the same thing.
Sinisa

San Francisco, CA

#108 Oct 22, 2012
Dear all,

I see first that there are many tensions between ppl here, so I'd like to calm down this situation.

First, to my Serbian friends here, please keep your posts dignified and clear in what you wanted to say. I am also Serb, and I can see that lot of negative responses are due to a language barrier.
I understand where you are coming from and the grudge you have against West, and we do have strong ground for it, which we will yet to get acknowledgment from the western countries and people.

Secondly, to those ho say they would "rather have a donkey for a friend, than a Serb", I can tell you that such standing is the same as KKK's or any other rasist or nazi stand, and that does not give you credibility to argue here. In fact, it portraits you as biased, anti-Serb or Serb-phobic person. Thus making your comments here almost as close as hate talk.

But I understand you too, being fed by western media for 30 years against Serbs, and on top of that, lot of "angry" Serbs, regardless of just cause of their anger, may turn you off and actually make you believe even more to what you "already know".

So please, everyone, calm down.

Subject here is actually quite human.

Albanians ans Serbs, as nation to nation, cannot be friends - nation has no personality, it is just definition of large group of people that are unique in their language and tradition.

An Albainan and a Serb, can be friends, two persons can become friends, why wouldn't that be possible?

I know for a fact that Albanian women are getting married to Serbs in south & central Serbia, where villages are with very low birth rate and where there's lot of land but not enough people. I know this for a fact since it was news all over (Serbian) news portals, where a representative from a dating company talked about this. They actually targeted these particular markets, Albanian women from north of Albania looking for husband, and Serb men from Serbia with households but no wives, and (this was back in 2008 I think) said that they arrange around 200 marriages. Google this if you don't believe me.

However, some sort of piece between two nations will be possible only when both nations (I refer here to "nations" - so on a national level, not on a personal level) will both gain something from conflict in Kosovo.

Kosovo, as someone already pointed at, is Serbian country from old, and simply will never be given away.(We)Serbs will wait if it has to be, hundred years, until world power shifts from West to East. And then will be war again. And people will be the ones who will suffer (again).

Albainan leaders should know this and take responsibility for what will happen if this "status of Kosovo" is not solved so both Serbs and Albanians can say "ok we didn't get everything, but we got what's fair".

Once that is achieved, piece will have chance.

However, on a personal level, one more thing is required to be done, by both sides: to punish all perpetrators of murders, rapes, kidnapping etc., in fair and just trials.

My uncle and aunt had a house in Kosovo, and my uncle refused to leave. Aunt packed her bags and left with kids. Albanians few days after, killed him and took over his property. We never recovered his body. He was 74 year old. Not a threat to anyone. Let alone to come back and use that house and land. Anyone of us would get shot if we did. So I am talking about this "personal level" from my own angle.

So it's either gonna be "Justice For All" as Metallica sang, or, inevitably, another war.

Since: Mar 07

Prishtina, Kosovo

#109 Oct 23, 2012
Sinisa wrote:
Dear all,
I see first that there are many tensions between ppl here, so I'd like to calm down this situation.
First, to my Serbian friends here, please keep your posts dignified and clear in what you wanted to say. I am also Serb, and I can see that lot of negative responses are due to a language barrier.
I understand where you are coming from and the grudge you have against West, and we do have strong ground for it, which we will yet to get acknowledgment from the western countries and people.
Secondly, to those ho say they would "rather have a donkey for a friend, than a Serb", I can tell you that such standing is the same as KKK's or any other rasist or nazi stand, and that does not give you credibility to argue here. In fact, it portraits you as biased, anti-Serb or Serb-phobic person. Thus making your comments here almost as close as hate talk.
But I understand you too, being fed by western media for 30 years against Serbs, and on top of that, lot of "angry" Serbs, regardless of just cause of their anger, may turn you off and actually make you believe even more to what you "already know".
Albanians ans Serbs, as nation to nation, cannot be friends - nation has no personality, it is just definition of large group of people that are unique in their language and tradition.
An Albainan and a Serb, can be friends, two persons can become friends, why wouldn't that be possible?
I know for a fact that Albanian women are getting married to Serbs in south & central Serbia, where villages are with very low birth rate and where there's lot of land but not enough people. I know this for a fact since it was news all over (Serbian) news portals, where a representative from a dating company talked about this. They actually targeted these particular markets, Albanian women from north of Albania looking for husband, and Serb men from Serbia with households but no wives, and (this was back in 2008 I think) said that they arrange around 200 marriages. Google this if you don't believe me.
However, some sort of piece between two nations will be possible only when both nations (I refer here to "nations" - so on a national level, not on a personal level) will both gain something from conflict in Kosovo.
Kosovo, as someone already pointed at, is Serbian country from old, and simply will never be given away.(We)Serbs will wait if it has to be, hundred years, until world power shifts from West to East. And then will be war again. And people will be the ones who will suffer (again).
Albainan leaders should know this and take responsibility for what will happen if this "status of Kosovo" is not solved so both Serbs and Albanians can say "ok we didn't get everything, but we got what's fair".
However, on a personal level, one more thing is required to be done, by both sides: to punish all perpetrators of murders, rapes, kidnapping etc., in fair and just trials.
My uncle and aunt had a house in Kosovo, and my uncle refused to leave. Aunt packed her bags and left with kids. Albanians few days after, killed him and took over his property. We never recovered his body. He was 74 year old. Not a threat to anyone. Let alone to come back and use that house and land. Anyone of us would get shot if we did. So I am talking about this "personal level" from my own angle.
So it's either gonna be "Justice For All" as Metallica sang, or, inevitably, another war.
I apreciate your will to try and make two nations friends. But It`s not that easy.

1. It`s not the western media who made us hate serbs. Serbs came to our houses in Kosovo burned them and killed our family, so the hate comes naturally here!

2. Do you serbs really think that you can commit genocide and ethnic cleansing and get away with it like nothing happened?

We will never forgive you!
Brian Boru

Australia

#110 Oct 23, 2012
Sinisa wrote:
Dear all,
Trust me, I am sympathetic to many of your sentiments, and sorry for your personal loss.

I myself, have on occasion tried to appeal for a little rational debate and civility, but have learned the hard way that the Croats and Albanians that frequent this forum are here only for the hate.

I dont mean to sound cynical, just speaking from past experience here my friend.

Zivela Srbija

Since: Mar 07

Prishtina, Kosovo

#111 Oct 23, 2012
Brian Boru wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, I am sympathetic to many of your sentiments, and sorry for your personal loss.
I myself, have on occasion tried to appeal for a little rational debate and civility, but have learned the hard way that the Croats and Albanians that frequent this forum are here only for the hate.
I dont mean to sound cynical, just speaking from past experience here my friend.
Zivela Srbija
The hate comes with Serbs. It`s a package!
Orthodox Genocide

Novi Sad, Serbia

#112 Oct 23, 2012
Friends? NO !
Blimey

London, UK

#113 Oct 23, 2012
Serbs can not be trusted all they ever wanted was chunks of albania its sea its history.serbs never show the will to get on..we are very diffeent nations in culture religion race.these all can be overcome the choice lies with serbs they have to prove they mean peace friendship by showing remorse for recorded crimes and genocide against albanians througout history...albanians never invaded nor claimed serbian stolen lands but stood up for what is theirs only.i dont see why a serb unless abandoned at birth can hate or show such animosity towards a people or country which has always been at the receiving end...whe serbs offer sincere apologies to the whole albanian nation when they stop their hate propaganda and twist albanian history i can then see hope of reconcilation between the two...
reality

Adelaide, Australia

#114 Oct 23, 2012
i don't think the albanians would be gullible enough to trust them, given the history of their interaction since arrival of slavs in their land
pocahontas

Mississauga, Canada

#115 Oct 23, 2012
Brian Boru wrote:
<quoted text>
Covjek svasta bubne i ostane ziv.

Wonder of wonders that since you've refrained from your daily "civil" nazi diatribes about Croats things have quieted down.

“bias cognizance”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#116 Oct 23, 2012
"Albainan leaders should know this and take responsibility for what will happen if this "status of Kosovo" is not solved so both Serbs and Albanians can say "ok we didn't get everything, but we got what's fair".

So in the above you're saying Kosovo is K-Alb and should be under their rule?

Since: Jun 11

United States

#117 Oct 23, 2012
Talbania wrote:
<quoted text>You are welcome to take them under your dress. bulgayria is already full of turks anyway.

It IS their fault. They could've fought, resisted. Could've join other Serbs in fight against turks. It's better to die trying than betraying the roots and identity. We all die in the end anyway. But scum stays scum
Man you think servs are some kind of hero or smth? There are countless accounts of Serbs collaborating with Turks through history.

Since: Jun 11

United States

#118 Oct 23, 2012
Can't get along with subhuman Serbs
reality

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#119 Oct 23, 2012
Katnari wrote:
Can't get along with subhuman Serbs
only dead albanian is good albanian

subhuman alvanians
reality

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#120 Oct 23, 2012
Katnari wrote:
<quoted text>
Man you think servs are some kind of hero or smth? There are countless accounts of Serbs collaborating with Turks through history.
alvanians with turks against Serbs in battle of Nis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ni%C5%...

alvanians always lose against Serbs

Serbs = anti turks
alvanians = pro turks
Anonymous

Pittsburgh, PA

#121 Oct 23, 2012
Blimey wrote:
Serbs can not be trusted all they ever wanted was chunks of albania its sea its history.serbs never show the will to get on..we are very diffeent nations in culture religion race.these all can be overcome the choice lies with serbs they have to prove they mean peace friendship by showing remorse for recorded crimes and genocide against albanians througout history...albanians never invaded nor claimed serbian stolen lands but stood up for what is theirs only.i dont see why a serb unless abandoned at birth can hate or show such animosity towards a people or country which has always been at the receiving end...whe serbs offer sincere apologies to the whole albanian nation when they stop their hate propaganda and twist albanian history i can then see hope of reconcilation between the two...
You say "Albanians never invaded nor claimed Serbian stolen lands, but stood up for what is theirs only". Yet, Kosovo is stolen Serbian land (Serbia used to legally own Kosovo, as world governments acknowledged. When the USA led NATO claimed independence for Kosovo; it meant forcible(illegal) independence from Serbia. NATO's campaign was just that; the forcible; illegal amputation of Kosovo from Serbia. And most of the Serbian churches and Serbian monasteries were destroyed by the Albanians; those churches and monasteries are the personal property of the Serbs. Don't you Albanians know that Kosovo is to the Serbs what Vatican City is to the Catholics of the world? Are Muslims denied access to Mecca? No. And Muslims also control Mecca, like they have done for centuries. Then Serbs must have access to Kosovo and control the Serbian spiritual city, like they have done for centuries before NATO's aerial war against them. Religious reasons alone deem Serbian ownership of Kosovo a necessity.
not true

Sweden

#122 Oct 23, 2012
Nadrelle you r racist. you r part of that crime when you hate so much
Sinisa

San Francisco, CA

#123 Oct 23, 2012
@Dove1

Thanks for your question. No I do not say it should be ruled only by Albanians in Kosovo. But that both Serbs and Albanians should get what both sides think it's fair, in order to have possibility of peace. Without this important "feeling" on both sides, it's just a matter of time when new war will outbreak.
Sinisa

San Francisco, CA

#124 Oct 23, 2012
@Katnari

Your comment ("subhuman Serbs") is pure "hate talk". It basically destroys any credibility of any of your previous comments and makes you look completely unreliable for this discussion.

@pristhina

Nobody said anything about forgetting. You have your history, and we have ours. We still remember Shota, and murder of 40 young Serb children, back in the first decade of 20st century, being burned alive while she danced around fire, thus making Shota one of Albanian national dances. Monument to those poor children is still there.

I am merely answering question of this topic: can (an) Albanian and (a) Serb be friends? Yes they can. People can be friends, and can be foes. It does not automatically determine friend or a foe from nationality of both sides.

For instance, I have quite alot of friends in US. Why wouldn't I? Ordinary people have nothing to do with killings that US & NATO did to my people in Balkans during 90'. And have nothing to do with what US & NATO is doing to my people today.

I see Russians and Germans friends today, but 60 years ago there was like 20 million dead on Russian side in WW2, no?

And being part of a family that felt how KLA fought for "freedom", I do think I am eligible to comment on this topic.

Would I, however, be able to be friend with someone that was in KLA? Someone that could potentially be involved in murder of my uncle? Or with those Albanians that knowingly took over our property so none of my family has nowhere to go back? And ignore our requests to take back our property? No, with those people I can only be their foe, and wait for either justice to be done by some court, law enforcement, or, to be done by myself if everything else will fail. And lot of people that have suffered personal loss in Kosovo think alike. We are just waiting for the right moment to come.

Thus, to prevent future bloodshed, mutual agreement over Kosovo is a must, where both sides will be equally satisfied with it.

Albanians cannot ask for independent state. Cannot simply ask for Kosovo to be joined with Albania (which is what is currently being going on, with Albania's phone code and with virtually no border between Albania and our Kosovo).

Can ask for some "special case" of autonomy, maybe model that Hong Kong or Macau have with China. Maybe that could be the way to go which could be acceptable to both sides.

But if Albanians continue with stubborn refusal of all offers from Serbia's side, then, new conflict is inevitable.

Serbia may be too weak to confront NATO now. But shift of powers already began, and time will come when Serbia will have enough strength to retake bu force our sacred land of Kosovo. It's our Jerusalem, our greatest cemetery of our ancestors, and we won't give it up. 10 years, 50 or 100 years down the line, not a problem. We can wait.
Vaudeville

Australia

#125 Oct 24, 2012
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
Covjek svasta bubne i ostane ziv.
Wonder of wonders that since you've refrained from your daily "civil" nazi diatribes about Croats things have quieted down.
Gotta admit, love him or hate him, he could pack a crowd in.

A real ratings winner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Serbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CNN: Visit Belgrade 11 min Wikipedia Ljubica 9
Kosovo earns Olympic recognition, Serbia furious 25 min blimey 51
Constitutional Court blasted for 'cowardly act' 25 min hell yeah 3
Serbia Arrests 11 Foreign Human Rights Activist... 29 min hell yeah 2
This city was rebuilt 40 times 35 min hell yeah 17
Serbia to chase Russian rouble or US dollar? 37 min hell yeah 7
Alvanian Naz! Axis and Fascists cooperation and... 45 min Alvanian SS Division 8
servian nazzi cooperation 47 min Alvanian SS Division 63