Croat, Serb organisations urge reconc...

Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation

There are 12469 comments on the SETimes news story from Jan 9, 2014, titled Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation. In it, SETimes news reports that:

Posting signs in both the Latin and Cyrillic alphabets is part of an effort at reconciliation between the countries in the region.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SETimes news.

batmandu

Slovenia

#5261 May 1, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking from experience???
Patients like you need radical treatment
Cambridge, MA

#5262 May 1, 2014
Ustashi need radical treatment
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#5263 May 1, 2014
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew I could count on your support princess.
Anytime, it seems that being helpful is contagious.
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#5264 May 1, 2014
Mr Cro Pockets wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how far technology, science, education, health, and communication has come, we are still the same destructive species we were thousands of years ago. Nothing will change.
What's in our control is making our own circle the best we can make it. Teaching our children well and hoping someone else is doing the same.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5265 May 1, 2014
Teddy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe,here ain't the right place to talk about the Catholic church.
I do not have a valid reason to hate the Serbs nor the Serbian church, but I see that nothing has changed from its creation, it is inextricably part and a powerful political organization,also in Greece ...
You are right about one thing, you don't have a valid reason to hate the Serbs and the Serbian Church.

Location hidden

#5266 May 1, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Time heals all wounds but some wounds take longer to heal.Don't forget that Vukovar was the first and worst victim of unjustified aggression and also that this city never had cyrillic signs so most of survivors see it as deliberate provocation ( like swastika to Jews )
Some Croats made a ruckus about Cyrillic back in the 60's. There is a good section with some info in the 'Tito Rise and Fall book, but I can't be bothered to chase it up. Point is that I hardly think the local alteration between the two people is reason enough. It's the Serbs that had been depopulated and yet the Croats in Vojvodina are not persecuted due to what happened in Croatia, like 'swastika to Jews'. Perhaps the next generation.

Location hidden

#5267 May 1, 2014
Mr Cro Pockets wrote:
<quoted text>
Has this not reflected what I have said since coming on this forum since last year? Of course there will be those few who object, or who long of the 'glory days' under the Ustase, the days they never experienced themselves but revel in the romanticised and glorified notion of young rebel soldiers adorned in black uniforms sending their own Serb neighbours to meet death. Once it has been stated by BBC News I suppose everyone now can take the word of a legitimate source, as opposed to a poster like myself who has stressed repeatedly from experience and personal living that there is no animosity among the majority of Croats towards Serbs. Sometime I get the feeling many Serbs WANT to believe that Croats despise them on the whole, just so it justifies their own mutual hatred for Croats like a vicious circle. And same goes the other way around. As for Croats making noise about the Cyrillic alphabet in Vukovar, sometimes time does heal wounds. Vukovar is Croatia after all and maybe the generation that had to personally suffer the blow for four years from Serb aggressors are not ready to accept it. Maybe more time is needed, and in either case this issue should be rushed or pushed on those still living there.
I am not sure if rushing these things is such a good idea, perhaps in the natural course of time some of that portion of Croats will view things differently, others will think the same to their graves. I don't believe that most Croats despise Serbs on an obsessive level, apart from the types that frequent forums like this to vent some of that brainwashed fascist nonsense.

Location hidden

#5268 May 1, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
There is always a hope.Major problem is education ( or lack of it ).Eventually we will all be citizens of planet Earth. Soon, very soon
Idealistic, if not unrealistic. In any case I wouldn't want to imagine the dystopian nightmare that would result with human nations unified in a single goal. The story of the fall of Babylon and God confusing the human languages has a moral point to it.

Location hidden

#5269 May 1, 2014
Mr Cro Pockets wrote:
<quoted text>
Education is a problem, most definitely agreed. I believe the more that become educated the more tension can be avoided. But it will be non-existent. In my experience human beings are evil, and while that sounds dramatic it still stands. Human beings, from the time they are born are selfish and want what is best for them, at any cost. If this interferes with someone else's happiness and well-being then so be it. There will always be those who want power, and nothing says power like killing, subjugating, and taking from others. It's not as if I enjoy the thought of endless violence and war, I just realise it is merely a reality and I have to do my best to do my part as a good human being. Truly no disrespect intended BJ, but I am 100 percent convicted in my belief that we will never know peace here on Earth. If you believe in a place after this life, then that will be the sole hope for peace to flourish. No matter how far technology, science, education, health, and communication has come, we are still the same destructive species we were thousands of years ago. Nothing will change.
I wouldn't want a 'peace on Earth' that resulted from an orwellian political Union or federation. Thankfully, humans have diverged too far in terms of religion, culture and mental outlooks for that nightmare scenario to eventuate.

Location hidden

#5270 May 1, 2014
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice how I made smug remarks about your wise comments regarding those terrible Slavic Muslims, but how I remained quite when Dalmatino was sledging Jews and Serbs in true Usrasha style some pages back. Do you think I am a silly little hypocritical Nazi ?
Well, now that you mention it........
SunceTiKrvavo

Adelaide, Australia

#5271 May 1, 2014
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure if rushing these things is such a good idea, perhaps in the natural course of time some of that portion of Croats will view things differently, others will think the same to their graves. I don't believe that most Croats despise Serbs on an obsessive level, apart from the types that frequent forums like this to vent some of that brainwashed fascist nonsense.
And brainwashed it is, on both sides. Unfortunately we are not able to re conciliate like the French and English did, or Germans and French. This is mainly because of our hold on history and the fear of it repeating. Yet its this hold on history and brainwashing from young age that is causing us to hate each other. But i still lean more to the conclusion that we hate them for killing us in masses and they just simply hate us and any excuse is bonus." Za dom" to croats is sovereignty and patriotism so expelling Serbs is justified. As long as the vatican approves......its ok.
SunceTiKrvavo

Adelaide, Australia

#5272 May 1, 2014
So technically if we were to use croatias ideology we could expell all Albanians and say its because they threatened our sovereignty. If we were catholic of course.

Location hidden

#5273 May 2, 2014
SunceTiKrvavo wrote:
<quoted text> And brainwashed it is, on both sides. Unfortunately we are not able to re conciliate like the French and English did, or Germans and French. This is mainly because of our hold on history and the fear of it repeating. Yet its this hold on history and brainwashing from young age that is causing us to hate each other. But i still lean more to the conclusion that we hate them for killing us in masses and they just simply hate us and any excuse is bonus." Za dom" to croats is sovereignty and patriotism so expelling Serbs is justified. As long as the vatican approves......its ok.
The twisted irony is that the Serbs and Croats are ethnically closer to each other than the English are to the French or French to the Germans. Looking at all of this, trying to make an objective observation, I also can't help but feel that when the averages are worked out Croats hate us more than the other way around, generally speaking.

Since: Dec 12

Dulwich Hill, Australia

#5274 May 2, 2014
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Croats made a ruckus about Cyrillic back in the 60's. There is a good section with some info in the 'Tito Rise and Fall book, but I can't be bothered to chase it up. Point is that I hardly think the local alteration between the two people is reason enough. It's the Serbs that had been depopulated and yet the Croats in Vojvodina are not persecuted due to what happened in Croatia, like 'swastika to Jews'. Perhaps the next generation.
You see how we sesaw back and forth ( 40s,60s, 70s & 90s ).The point is to acknowledge who started the depopulation and why and then we have a starting point. There were deportations and refugees in Vojvodina ( refer to Seselj indictment and trial ) but that is irrelevant as perpetrators are apprehended and dealt with. The rest is up to us ( normal people that were not committing crimes against humanity).......

Location hidden

#5275 May 2, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
You see how we sesaw back and forth ( 40s,60s, 70s & 90s ).The point is to acknowledge who started the depopulation and why and then we have a starting point. There were deportations and refugees in Vojvodina ( refer to Seselj indictment and trial ) but that is irrelevant as perpetrators are apprehended and dealt with. The rest is up to us ( normal people that were not committing crimes against humanity).......
When it comes to Vojvodina, the case was usually Serb refugees moving into the region, Serbs expelled from Krajina, Kosovo and other regions. I was in Serbia a few years ago, quite a few refugees in Sumadija too. The Croats, Magyars and most of the rest are still in Vojvodina, and the region uses both the Latin and Cyrillic script, as do the Serbs, no feelings of 'Croat imperialisation' because someone might like to write in latinica.

As for the vaudeville show trials, I seen circus clown acts of a more serious nature so don't try to impress me with 'indictments' BJ.
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#5276 May 2, 2014
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now that you mention it........
So, not only are you trying to pass the buck for your own comments you've had to resort to editing other people's posts.

Ludilo! haha!!
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#5279 May 2, 2014
BJ4me wrote:
<quoted text>
How long until you understand that Strahd is all for reconciliation only on his terms which is not giving an inch while expecting the world.

Location hidden

#5280 May 2, 2014
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
So, not only are you trying to pass the buck for your own comments you've had to resort to editing other people's posts.
Ludilo! haha!!
Behave

Location hidden

#5281 May 2, 2014
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
How long until you understand that Strahd is all for reconciliation only on his terms which is not giving an inch while expecting the world.
Poc, run along to one of those other threads and leave the reconciliation talk to the adult members of this forum.

If you persist I will get Magyar101 to put you back in line :-)
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#5282 May 2, 2014
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
Behave
Ludilo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Serbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spomen ploca streljanim borcima 18 min Nenad Stevovic 11
News Spomen ploca streljanim borcima 1 hr Nenad Stevovic 10
News Montenegro says it beat a coup plot - and that ... 2 hr Nenad Stevovic 21
News Finger pointed at Russians in alleged coup plot... 6 hr PolakPotrafi 52
News 'NATO smuggled Kosovo PM into north along migra... 7 hr Teddy 4
Nenad Stevović gost Narodne biblioteke u Nišu 8 hr Nenad Stevovic 13
News November 7, 2016 10 hr Strahd 55
More from around the web