Since: Dec 08

law of the jungle

#1 Mar 22, 2013
dedicated to Greece-Serbia brotherhood

“Mr C and S”

Since: Feb 09

Bracaland

#2 Mar 22, 2013
NICE ONE! GREAT DAY FOR FRIENDLY NATIONS LIKE CROATIA, ALBANIA AND BOSNIA...
bosnia

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

#3 Mar 22, 2013
Congrats to neighboring Croatia and a warm welcome to Greeks to visit Bosnia...we won't humiliate you as tourists as we did your team!
Esselamu-aleikum from Bosnia!
diroguevara

Dubai, UAE

#4 Mar 22, 2013
ineeded great day for Albania,Croatia and Bosnia

Since: Aug 12

Adana, Turkey

#5 Mar 22, 2013
bosnia wrote:
Esselamu-aleikum from Bosnia!
Aleikum as salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

:)

Since: Mar 07

Prishtina, Kosovo

#7 Mar 22, 2013
prishtina wrote:
Noz-zica-Srebrenica :)
Shut up Serb, don`t waste time here on topix, go lose another footbal game. lol!
prishtina

Tuggerah, Australia

#8 Mar 22, 2013
Yeah, and you go cheer for another team because subhuman albania sucks in sports

Serbia trashes croatia in basketball, handball and waterpolo, screw football.
diroguevara

Dubai, UAE

#9 Mar 22, 2013
prishtina wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up Serb, don`t waste time here on topix, go lose another footbal game. lol!
lol let him blow up i can feel his serbian envy hahaha loooooool
lol

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#10 Mar 22, 2013
prishtina wrote:
<quoted text>
alvanian football team is number #64 in the world lol
Al-berto

Tirana, Albania

#11 Mar 22, 2013
Well done Bosnia. Congratulations!
treya

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 22, 2013
Well done Bosnia..big three points against always tough Greece.as far as Serbia's loss to Croatia goes..you can only blame so called manager Mihajlovic on his player selection..he should do a smart thing and resign and let somebody else take over.one thing I hate most is when people mix religion with football..disgrace to all Balkans..respect to real people
Alexander the Great

Athens, Greece

#13 Mar 23, 2013
Greece's youth team is second in Europe after Spain, and for 1 goal it lost to Spain. Our team is made up of 40 year olds who have been playing in this team for over a decade, and instead of using the youth team players which are one of the world's top we're still stuck with the oldies who can't even chase the ball.
ivan

San Jose, CA

#14 Mar 23, 2013
ok now we know story of your life greek yet you lost and it's all that matters nobody forced you to use 40 year olds who have been playing in this team for over a decade,instead of using the youth team players, and you sound ridiculous saying it.

“Oh my”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#15 Mar 23, 2013
Alexander the Great wrote:
Greece's youth team is second in Europe after Spain, and for 1 goal it lost to Spain. Our team is made up of 40 year olds who have been playing in this team for over a decade, and instead of using the youth team players which are one of the world's top we're still stuck with the oldies who can't even chase the ball.
Some national team priorities always puzzled me.

Croatia preferred teams from Dinamo Zagreb so they (players) can sell better, despite the fact there are better alternatives (politics). We atleast saw a decline in this 'doctrine' with Stimac. It's still not completely gone though.

Serbia choosing players based on the fact if they sing the anthem or not(pretty ridiculous IMO, one can hope this idea will change - singing the anthem shouldn't be a basis of someone's nationality).

And now Greece too, stubborn to leave the old team despite the fact, while they're still good, their time has passed ages ago, and they should let the younger (better if I might add) generation take the throne.

Look at it on the brighter side, at least now it's obvious the youngsters should take over so the next big thing Greece does will be played by them.
diroguevara

UAE

#16 Mar 23, 2013
ivan wrote:
ok now we know story of your life greek yet you lost and it's all that matters nobody forced you to use 40 year olds who have been playing in this team for over a decade,instead of using the youth team players, and you sound ridiculous saying it.
after your post there is nothing else for me left to say :)
Alexander the Great

Athens, Greece

#17 Mar 23, 2013
OhItsLovely wrote:
<quoted text>
Some national team priorities always puzzled me.
Croatia preferred teams from Dinamo Zagreb so they (players) can sell better, despite the fact there are better alternatives (politics). We atleast saw a decline in this 'doctrine' with Stimac. It's still not completely gone though.
Serbia choosing players based on the fact if they sing the anthem or not(pretty ridiculous IMO, one can hope this idea will change - singing the anthem shouldn't be a basis of someone's nationality).
And now Greece too, stubborn to leave the old team despite the fact, while they're still good, their time has passed ages ago, and they should let the younger (better if I might add) generation take the throne.
Look at it on the brighter side, at least now it's obvious the youngsters should take over so the next big thing Greece does will be played by them.
You are 1000% correct. National teams should look for players which are capable of helping the team make it to the top (apart from having fun, offering us entertainment, and making the country they represent look good), rather than irrelevant skills which are not associated with the level of football/soccer a player knows. And like you said, this loss should be the reason to start thinking about replaicing the oldies which are not even very skilled after so many years of playing, with the youth who can run and play much faster, who have much more endurance, and even better skills despite the fact that the others have been playing football/soccer before these guys were even born. I remember last summer, when Greece was playing they put a Greek player (his name is Fortounis i think) who's much younger for only a few minutes, and in these few minutes he managed to score a goal and help another player score a second goal. And all this by one player. Imagine if they replaced all 11 with players like Fortounis... Anyway, that was a very correct and objective comment by you.
Alexander the Great

Athens, Greece

#18 Mar 23, 2013
ivan wrote:
You sound ridiculous because you are ridiculous.

Stern des Sudens

“Kosova, gjaku im qe nuk falet!”

Since: Sep 09

Kosova, Albania

#19 Mar 23, 2013
Congratulations to Bosnia. Gayreece is sinking down and alreadry hit the bottom, economically, morally and in sports.... servia too....
RADOVAN KARADZIC

Podgorica, Montenegro

#20 Mar 23, 2013
I like Greeks more...
Oh well...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Serbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rtv slo 11 hr Janusz Bugajski 1
News Chinese Film Week aims to boost cultural links,... 12 hr Janusz Bugajski 1
News Toxic Holocaust playing shows, including Saint ... 12 hr Janusz Bugajski 1
News Serbia under pressure from Russia over its EU g... 14 hr Strahd 64
News Letters From Prison: Milovan Djilas Fri Janusz Bugajski 1
News New airline U.S. first nonstop Serbia flight in... Fri Gavroche 3
Russia stifles Serbia Fri Janusz Bugajski 6
More from around the web