Serbian priest who beat addict to dea...

Serbian priest who beat addict to death jailed for 20 years

There are 13 comments on the The Straits Times story from Jun 21, 2013, titled Serbian priest who beat addict to death jailed for 20 years. In it, The Straits Times reports that:

A Serbian priest was jailed for 20 years on Friday for beating to death a drug addict in his care, his lawyer said, in the latest blow to the reputation of Serbia's influential Orthodox Church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Straits Times.

Ivo

United States

#1 Jun 21, 2013
BELGRADE (Reuters)- A Serbian priest was jailed for 20 years on Friday for beating to death a drug addict in his care, his lawyer said, in the latest blow to the reputation of Serbia's influential Orthodox Church.

A court in the western town of Sabac found priest Branislav Peranovic guilty of second-degree murder, saying he punched, kicked and beat to death addict Nebojsa Zarubac with a 1.5m stick in August 2012.

Peranovic was already known to the church authorities for his violent methods of treatment after a video surfaced in 2009 showing him beating addicts at another church-run facility. He was removed from his post but remained a priest and set up another rehabilitation centre.

"The sentence could have been greater, given the brutality, the way in which he was killed," said the victim's father Milos Zarubac, according to Serbian Radio B92.
scandi

Larvik, Norway

#2 Jun 21, 2013
And what about the Croatian priest who beheed the serbs in ww2 ....personannly???
Ivo

Hamilton, Canada

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Ivo wrote:
BELGRADE (Reuters)- A Serbian priest was jailed for 20 years on Friday for beating to death a drug addict in his care, his lawyer said, in the latest blow to the reputation of Serbia's influential Orthodox Church.
A court in the western town of Sabac found priest Branislav Peranovic guilty of second-degree murder, saying he punched, kicked and beat to death addict Nebojsa Zarubac with a 1.5m stick in August 2012.
Peranovic was already known to the church authorities for his violent methods of treatment after a video surfaced in 2009 showing him beating addicts at another church-run facility. He was removed from his post but remained a priest and set up another rehabilitation centre.
"The sentence could have been greater, given the brutality, the way in which he was killed," said the victim's father Milos Zarubac, according to Serbian Radio B92.
Svešteniku batinašu 20 godina zatvora za teško ubistvo

http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Hronika/389273/Svest...
reality

Seaton, Australia

#4 Jun 21, 2013
scandi wrote:
And what about the Croatian priest who beheed the serbs in ww2 ....personannly???
ww2?
move on turkey,
serbistan was last balkan nation to make world headlines as butchers and criminals in 20th century.
Ivo

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#5 Jun 21, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
ww2?
move on turkey,
serbistan was last balkan nation to make world headlines as butchers and criminals in 20th century.
hirvastan was last balkan nation to make world headlines as butchers and criminals in 20th century

111 years of prison for 6 bosnian croat war criminals
Ivo

Hamilton, Canada

#6 Jun 21, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
ww2?
move on turkey,
serbistan was last balkan nation to make world headlines as butchers and criminals in 20th century.
True.

Serbs Repeat Massacre, 70 Bosniak Civilians Burned to Death

http://bosniagenocide.wordpress.com/2011/01/1...
Ivo

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#7 Jun 21, 2013
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#8 Jun 21, 2013
Ivo wrote:
<quoted text>
hirvastan was last balkan nation to make world headlines as butchers and criminals in 20th century
111 years of prison for 6 bosnian croat war criminals
servainsickoslave
scandi

Larvik, Norway

#9 Jun 21, 2013
Reality

I am Norwegian and not Tyrkey...and google and see for yourself
Maks

Adelaide, Australia

#10 Jun 21, 2013
Ivo wrote:
<quoted text>
hirvastan was last balkan nation to make world headlines as butchers and criminals in 20th century
111 years of prison for 6 bosnian croat war criminals
Weve been there before, they will get off on apeal!
voivoda_hervoje

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Maks wrote:
<quoted text>
Weve been there before, they will get off on apeal!
until then they will be in prison
Maks

Australia

#12 Jun 22, 2013
voivoda_hervoje wrote:
<quoted text>
until then they will be in prison
At least ours will get out, yours will die in prison!
Serbonazis

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jun 24, 2013
Ivo wrote:
<quoted text>
hirvastan was last balkan nation to make world headlines as butchers and criminals in 20th century
111 years of prison for 6 bosnian croat war criminals
no, serbia is the worst after WWII in the Balkans and Europe, the real genocider statelet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Serbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Niska poraza: Srbija i genocid, novo poglavlje 2 hr free vojvodina 1
Novak Đoković, Crnogorac od hrvatske ... 2 hr free vojvodina 2
Baba ubica: Kasapila ljude, pa pisala dnevnik 2 hr serbs-russians an... 1
Bivši član JSO ubio troje na Novom Beogradu 2 hr free vojvodina 1
LSV: Vojvodini puna autonomija kao pre 70 godina 2 hr free vojvodina 1
europe & Western countries will become Muslim 2 hr Serbopithicus Afr... 8
News Thousands of Invaders Are Walking into Europe, ... 2 hr Serbopithicus Afr... 4
More from around the web