Serbia, Croatia relations hit by Storm

Aug 23, 2011 Full story: SETimes news 4,392

Every year on August 5th, Croatia celebrates the so-called "Operation Storm" as Victory and Homeland Gratitude Day, commemorating the operation that broke down the Serbian armed forces in Croatia and ended the four-year war.

Full Story
Strahd

Australia

#4368 Feb 1, 2013
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem very reluctant to take the credit you are due for keeping this thread alive, even in my absence. lol
Serbs are quick to accuse anyone of hatred for saying even the smallest thing they don't want to hear let alone expressing, flat out, that their demented political ideology was responsible for what happened in the 90's. It's so much easier to do that and to invent some big world wide conspiracy against you then it is to face the truth.
Trud vam je uzalud.
As if anyone would allow you to foist your own complexes onto them. lol
Who said anything about a world wide conspiracy.

You see Pocahontas, even here you are generalising with the

"Serbs are quick to accuse anyone of hatred for saying even the smallest thing they don't want to hear let alone expressing, flat out, that their demented political ideology...."

You are not the easiest person to communicate with. Too much angst in you, labelling a people 'demented'.

I have talked to two Albanian lasses here, one I was able to have a semi civil conversation with, but the other....

Well, do you want to see unrelenting, unbridled hate bordering on pure madness and obsession against a people called the Serbs.

Read post 17 from this Albanian.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/serbia/TMB2E...

You need to learn to talk with people, not just at them.
pocahontas

Mississauga, Canada

#4369 Feb 1, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about a world wide conspiracy.
You see Pocahontas, even here you are generalising with the
"Serbs are quick to accuse anyone of hatred for saying even the smallest thing they don't want to hear let alone expressing, flat out, that their demented political ideology...."
You are not the easiest person to communicate with. Too much angst in you, labelling a people 'demented'.
I have talked to two Albanian lasses here, one I was able to have a semi civil conversation with, but the other....
Well, do you want to see unrelenting, unbridled hate bordering on pure madness and obsession against a people called the Serbs.
You are such a paragon of goodness that's why you referred to that very same Albanian teenage girl as a parasite because of who she is. She simply outclassed you.

I'm not going to rehash what you've said about Croats, we all know it very well no matter what act you're trying to put on now. I can only suggest that next when you meet any you rethink your approach.
reality

Adelaide, Australia

#4370 Feb 1, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>

Ah yes, i am the eternal hypocrite.
'WOW, I even surprise myself what a fantastic and good sport I am sometimes'.

u are not polite or a good sport. if some1 disagrees with u turn nasty or get rascist.

'Why are you Croats always trying to refocus me towards you ? Unlike some of you I like to talk about other subjects like Hungary, other historical areas'.

have u forgotten title of this topic?
(it's true that serbia has a largely uninteresting history, most of it is the history of the turkish empire) if u wish to discuss the greater nations of the area, go to relevant subject.

'Like I said before, Croatia does not interest me the way we interest you'.

again i must say, why are u here if u are not interested?
people know that u are egocentric already, only ur own opinions interest u
reality

Adelaide, Australia

#4371 Feb 1, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
they have good reasons to hate their oppressors,
u are supposed to know history, if u actually did u would realise the hatred is completely understandable.
in fact the heavy handedness of serbistan culminated in the loss of the region brutally annexed after 1913.
the fact that croatia recognised kosovo, along with others, burns u
which is why u & the other nationalists here fume with frustration
Strahd

Australia

#4372 Feb 1, 2013
Hypocrita wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a paragon of goodness that's why you referred to that very same Albanian teenage girl as a parasite because of who she is. She simply outclassed you.
I'm not going to rehash what you've said about Croats, we all know it very well no matter what act you're trying to put on now. I can only suggest that next when you meet any you rethink your approach.
You mean the Ustasa and Avar race study stuff ? Sure, and why not, but it pales in comparison to the stuff said about us by people like you. No need to rehash what you said about Serbs. A few posts back something about linking 'demented' with Serbs wasn't it ?

You refuse to look at things in any other light except Croat and Albanian verse Serbs. The reason I am posting this is that recently I have been surprised at the incredible level of hate by Croats and Siptars on here. You people are amazing in this.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and in this case I have attempted to swing the pendulum back to some equilibrium because Serbs are good.

We all referred to each other in colourful ways, but the thing was that earlier poster went beyond all that to try and communicate her side of the arguments, same with me, and I did not hold grudges for things said back to me, including 'primitive Iranian' by her in the past.

Put it this way, if the problem was with me why are you infamously known as the hypocrite of the forum, disregarding Serb suffering and all that. Surely if you are that good there should be scores of Serbs you can list that you have a civil discourse with.

Fact is, you don't.

If I wanted to I could easily bring up the recent posts of other Serbs and how they described you, but I don't think they would like me using their words for my arguments and will respect that.

In your case I can't make suggestions to help you anymore.

Your a brainwashed prisoner of your prejudices against the Serbs.
S0K0L

Canberra, Australia

#4373 Feb 2, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
'sooky sooky la la'
..........Sokol, really now !?!
Strahd why wont you talk to ZAVNOH?
Strahd

Australia

#4374 Feb 2, 2013
S0K0L wrote:
<quoted text>
Strahd why wont you talk to ZAVNOH?
For the reason that I am busy talking to Sokol.

reality

Adelaide, Australia

#4375 Feb 2, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Ustasa and Avar race study stuff ? Sure, and why not, but it pales in comparison to the stuff said about us by people like you. No need to rehash what you said about Serbs. A few posts back something about linking 'demented' with Serbs wasn't it ?
You refuse to look at things in any other light except Croat and Albanian verse Serbs. The reason I am posting this is that recently I have been surprised at the incredible level of hate by Croats and Siptars on here. You people are amazing in this.
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and in this case I have attempted to swing the pendulum back to some equilibrium because Serbs are good.
We all referred to each other in colourful ways, but the thing was that earlier poster went beyond all that to try and communicate her side of the arguments, same with me, and I did not hold grudges for things said back to me, including 'primitive Iranian' by her in the past.
Put it this way, if the problem was with me why are you infamously known as the hypocrite of the forum, disregarding Serb suffering and all that. Surely if you are that good there should be scores of Serbs you can list that you have a civil discourse with.
Fact is, you don't.
If I wanted to I could easily bring up the recent posts of other Serbs and how they described you, but I don't think they would like me using their words for my arguments and will respect that.
u are like a little duck in a strong current.
going like crazy and getting nowhere.
reality

Adelaide, Australia

#4376 Feb 2, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is, you don't.
get of the cross, stop whinging
others suffered more eg bih

ha ha using ur argument u could say german suffering in ww2 was disregarded too.

u just refuse to acknowledge facts then just repeat the line, serbs are persecuted.
civil discourse? hoho
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#4377 Feb 2, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
It was much more than that, but again, I don't need to tell you that. I referred to the political ideology of Serbia as demented. It was and many people lost their lives because of it. If that's not agreeable to you that's your problem.
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and in this case I have attempted to swing the pendulum back to some equilibrium because Serbs are good.
Fact is, you don't.
Why do you expect Croats to have sympathy for Serbs when they openly showed they were anti Croatia, supported the call for violence to achieve their goal and saw that through? We know what happened in 1991 so why don't Serbs just admit what they did without any "buts"? Had that happened these kinds of arguments wouldn't be taking place. The level of remorse shown is non-existent and you are right, every action gets a reaction.
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>If I wanted to I could easily bring up the recent posts of other Serbs and how they described you, but I don't think they would like me using their words for my arguments and will respect that.
My position hasn't wavered and if any have an issue with that well, that's not on my list of concerning things.
Strahd

Australia

#4378 Feb 2, 2013
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
It was much more than that, but again, I don't need to tell you that. I referred to the political ideology of Serbia as demented. It was and many people lost their lives because of it. If that's not agreeable to you that's your problem.
<quoted text>
Why do you expect Croats to have sympathy for Serbs when they openly showed they were anti Croatia, supported the call for violence to achieve their goal and saw that through? We know what happened in 1991 so why don't Serbs just admit what they did without any "buts"? Had that happened these kinds of arguments wouldn't be taking place. The level of remorse shown is non-existent and you are right, every action gets a reaction.
<quoted text>
My position hasn't wavered and if any have an issue with that well, that's not on my list of concerning things.
If this was about simply holding a grudge against me because I disagreed with you in the past I could accept that with you, knowing how legendary your grudges are, but referring to the peaceful Serbian culture as 'demented' and failing to see the Croat hand in the violence that took place, just too much ???????

I don't know what to do with you anymore. That's it, simply have to give up on you and feel comfortable in the knowledge that perhaps you represent a fringe extremist minority in the Croat society, a leftover from earlier fascist eras.
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#4379 Feb 2, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
If this was about simply holding a grudge against me because I disagreed with you in the past I could accept that with you, knowing how legendary your grudges are, but referring to the peaceful Serbian culture as 'demented' and failing to see the Croat hand in the violence that took place, just too much ???????
I don't know what to do with you anymore. That's it, simply have to give up on you and feel comfortable in the knowledge that perhaps you represent a fringe extremist minority in the Croat society, a leftover from earlier fascist eras.
You can only wish that my view isn't the majority. We are talking about the not so distant past and Croats know what they went through during that time and, as I told you before, too many still continue to live with the side affects. Serbia's continuous denial of the facts hasn't achieved much good.
Strahd

Australia

#4380 Feb 2, 2013
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only wish that my view isn't the majority. We are talking about the not so distant past and Croats know what they went through during that time and, as I told you before, too many still continue to live with the side affects. Serbia's continuous denial of the facts hasn't achieved much good.
Your view is popular with the extremists of this forum, like your radical entourage that are following our civil discussion and making their own little comments, but you are not all Croats.

In a world of billions Serbs are not bothered by a few Croats and Albanians with deap seeted issues about some Balkan Slavic group of people called Serbs that most of humanity doesn't care one or the other.

So what. Big deal.

Since: Sep 12

In your mind.

#4381 Feb 2, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
Your view is popular with the extremists of this forum, like your radical entourage that are following our civil discussion and making their own little comments, but you are not all Croats.
In a world of billions Serbs are not bothered by a few Croats and Albanians with deap seeted issues about some Balkan Slavic group of people called Serbs that most of humanity doesn't care one or the other.
So what. Big deal.
Yes whats the big deal. In the general scheme of things you and I are nothing
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Tengri of the Blue Sky

Melbourne, Australia

#4382 Feb 2, 2013
TheRealMagyar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes whats the big deal. In the general scheme of things you and I are nothing
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
A tiny dot in the vast galactic ocean.
pocahontas

Etobicoke, Canada

#4383 Feb 3, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
So what. Big deal.
I don't recall Croats claiming, for themselves, some big importance in the world wide pecking order only that the well being of fellow Croats, including relatives and friends, matters.

Anyway, I'm not in the mood for Croat/Serb relations.

Yesterday, our community lost a gentleman, someone I've known since I was a little girl, who shared his knowledge and love of Croatian folklore and dance with so many and even as we left the nest he never stopped looking out for us.

May you always remain light on your feet.

reality

Adelaide, Australia

#4384 Feb 3, 2013
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
So what. Big deal.
why talk about humanity? the problem is the immediate neighbours havn't forgotten, u neglected to mention the muslims of bih, it's not just croats and albanians.
haha these people are not bothered by u serb nationalist types.
it looks like u are the 1 with deep seated issues.
when the world was watching it was serbistan that was the problem, not the others.
that is why minor corporal punishment was administered to that cuntry, which then of course, promptly caved in.
the only thing people remember is they deserved it at the time but not much else.

SHABA

Markfield, UK

#4385 Feb 3, 2013
What is the big deal exactly - Operation Storm (Oluja) liberated the last areas occupied by the Republika Srpska army and freed its people. Obviously the Croats outnumbered them (200,000 to around 30,000) do the maths-'Krajina' is a tiny strip of land with less than 500,000 people surrounded by Croatia with a population of 4.5 million- of COURSE we're goin to outnumber you, we're not going to attack with less just to make it seem honorable retard. Serbia didn't mind its numerical advantage over the Croats in the early days of the war, they attacked Vukovar with 30,000 troops, hundreds of tanks, APC'S , artillery, aircraft against less than 2,000 poorly armed Croat militia's - and they managed to hold them off and cause heavy casualties for months. Its worth knowing that when Croats were engaging the JNA, the JNA at the time was the 4th largest and well equipped in Europe and bigger than the West German army! To put it into perspective, what took the Serbs almost five years to take, it took the Croats less than 4 days to re-take! Yeah, Croatia does not deny there was some genocide during the offensive but Croatia does not celebrate that bit, it celebrates the liberation of Croatia, you must realize that. Just like when Britain and USA celebrate the end of ww2 , they dont celebrate the bit when they killed hundreds of thousands of German and Japanese civilians during bombings etc.
Strahd

Australia

#4386 Feb 3, 2013
pocahontas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall Croats claiming, for themselves, some big importance in the world wide pecking order only that the well being of fellow Croats, including relatives and friends, matters.
Anyway, I'm not in the mood for Croat/Serb relations.
Yesterday, our community lost a gentleman, someone I've known since I was a little girl, who shared his knowledge and love of Croatian folklore and dance with so many and even as we left the nest he never stopped looking out for us.
May you always remain light on your feet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TJBlsEpS324XX
My condolences definitely.

Serbs have also lost so many of their loved ones.

As you will.
truth

Perth, Australia

#4387 Feb 3, 2013
Direct systematic attack aggression genocide too..
91'-95' 650 000 Croats
Where?
On Croatian historic land.
Slavonija
Posavina
Bosnia

Any body pay any victim?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
victim of love-ones
property
money
economy industry finance..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Serbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Church of Saint Sava 18 min ISPicka 30
Serbs in Bosnia "closely watching" Scottish ref... 20 min ISPicka 4
Illegal Outflow of Money in Serbia is Estimated... 25 min ISPicka 1
The truth about burning of embassies will be kn... 28 min ISPicka 1
Karaburma je srpska Kolumbija: Nigde nema više ... 30 min ISPicka 1
Serbs forcibly becoming Montenegrins! 36 min ISPicka 1
Third Albanian state created in Balkans 38 min ISPicka 2
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 2 hr Shomi 1,890
Ukrainian soldiers wearing SS insignia 2 hr Shomi 54
•••