Comments
5,921 - 5,940 of 6,074 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 28
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5976 Apr 4, 2014
“You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.... connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.”

C. JoyBell C.
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5977 Apr 4, 2014
“When you take the time to actually listen, with humility, to what people have to say, it's amazing what you can learn. Especially if the people who are doing the talking also happen to be children.”

Greg Mortenson
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5978 Apr 4, 2014
Much tongue and much judgment seldom go together.

Roger L'Estrange
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5979 Apr 4, 2014
Many can argue - not many converse.

A. Bronson Alcott
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5980 Apr 7, 2014
Screams from the Old Plantation

King Kapisi

It's an old song but it's still relevant.
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5981 Apr 7, 2014
We don't need a melting pot in this country, folks. We need a salad bowl. In a salad bowl, you put in the different things. You want the vegetables - the lettuce, the cucumbers, the onions, the green peppers - to maintain their identity. You appreciate differences.

Jane Elliot
Shiachah

Auckland, New Zealand

#5982 Apr 9, 2014
A man took a long journey away from his homeland and his inheritance,because of his disobedience his father kicked him out,while he was gone he left his brother in a weakened state, although his older brother was strong he wasn't able to hold off his enemies. The enemy stole a much prized heirloom.
As the younger brother continued to journey to a far away land he had passed thru multitudes of people, from which he had left a gift to pick up later when he was allowed to return home. He eventually made it to his destination and made a temporary dwelling place. After many days he noticed another people came and invaded the land he dwelt in, they had also brought a gift that they were handing out to all people. This young brother noticed it was similar to his family heirloom but was twisted with lies. So after much meditation he realised it was his stolen family heirloom, he realised his father would forgive him if he would return his big brothers inheritance. So he made it his life's passion to make it home with the inheritance, because he loved his brother more than anything that would stand in his way.
Before he left the land he was dwelling in he left a seal, for he was going to return with his brother. While on his return journey home he had to stop by the multitudes that he had passed, he sat and listened to the inhabitants speak and noticed the gift he had left them was poisoned by the invaders that had stolen his family heirloom.much of the inhabitants didnt like this younger brother and thought he was evil. So the young brother decided to search through these people and find those that were humble enough to have kept the gift pure. When he had found them he gave each of them a part of his family heirloom. So these people joined him in his journey home.
This young brother after much time made it home. He made it to his family home and noticed someone in his place at the dinner table he also noticed his brother was not sitting at the head of the table. This angered the brother very much.
So he searched high and low for his big brother and finally found him in the gutter naked and beaten. Begging for food. No one to help.
The big bro heard a familiar voice calling out to him saying " brother it is I, I have returned and I have a gift that belongs to you. I found it in the wilderness. The big bro was soon nourished and clothed with the family heirloom. He soon gained his strength back. The brothers rejoiced and went and spoke to the thief, the thief feared for his life and low tailed it out of the land never to return, because the family heirloom would always remain in the land, which was the blessing to all people of all nations of all tongues.
The moral of the story, well there are many.
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5983 Apr 9, 2014
“Deep down even the most hardened criminal is starving for the same thing that motivates the innocent baby: Love and acceptance”

Lily Fairchilde
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5984 Apr 9, 2014
“Why do you stay in prison
when the door is so wide open?

Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking.
Live in silence.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5985 Apr 9, 2014
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.

Melody Beattie
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5986 Apr 9, 2014
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf."

Joseph Goldstein
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5987 Apr 10, 2014
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5988 Apr 12, 2014
From Here To The Moon And Back

Dolly Parton
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5989 Apr 12, 2014
Why is it that an extended olive branch often turns to a clinched fist of hatred?

Don Williams Jr
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5990 Apr 12, 2014
People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on.

Bill Cosby
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5991 Apr 12, 2014
You can't forgive without loving. And I don't mean sentimentality. I don't mean mush. I mean having enough courage to stand up and say,'I forgive. I'm finished with it.'

Maya Angelou
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5992 Apr 12, 2014
"Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you are."

Unknown
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5993 Apr 14, 2014
"Children have never been good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them."

James Baldwin
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5994 Apr 14, 2014
"It is easy to complain and criticize because you are upset and your anger motivates you, but to stand up and call a good job a 'good job'.....is a truly rewarding pastime. You cannot possibly make another person as happy as you make yourself."

Authur Fettig
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5995 Apr 20, 2014
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Nelson Mandela

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you tell the difference between Hawaiins... (Mar '09) 1 hr kai Viti 706
samoa the chosen people. 22 hr navosa 311
All Samoa Greats Vs All Tonga Greats 23 hr John 42
Kiwi occupation of German Samoa commemorated Sun Toomata 5
Tongans are Samoans (Jun '13) Sun Toomata 115
Samoan women are very beautiful. Sat asddffdd 13
Samoan Warriors (Sep '09) Sat Tua Tua isa foa 474
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••