Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5191 May 6, 2013
We plant seeds that will flower as results in our lives, so best to remove the weeds of anger, avarice, envy and doubt, that peace and abundance may manifest for all.

Dorothy Day
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5192 May 6, 2013
You're not going to make me have a bad day. If there's oxygen on earth and I'm breathing, it's going to be a good day.

Cotton Fitzsimmons
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5193 May 6, 2013
Teach Your Children

Crosby Stills Nash & Young
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5194 May 7, 2013
“Constantly stopping to explain oneself may expand into a frustrating burden for the rare individual, so ceasing to do so is like finally dropping the weights and sprinting towards his goals. Those who insincerely misunderstand, who intentionally distort the motives of a pure-intentioned individual, then, no longer have the opportunity to block his path; instead, they are the ones left to stand on the sidelines shouting frustratedly in the wind of his trail.”

Criss Jami
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5195 May 7, 2013
“The wise do not buy into other people’s perceptions of who they are and what they are capable of. Instead, they bypass a person’s public persona and see who they are in their highest expression. When you see actions taken with integrity instead of words only, you will then know a soul’s worth.”

Shannon L. Alder
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5196 May 7, 2013
“A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer.”

Seneca
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5197 May 7, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow

La Garriga (Playing For Change)
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5199 May 8, 2013
Don't Worry

Playing For Change
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5200 May 8, 2013
Stand By Me

Playing For Change
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5201 May 8, 2013
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.”

Unknown
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5202 May 8, 2013
“They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.”

Harper Lee
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5203 May 8, 2013
“When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?”

Eleanor Roosevelt
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5204 May 8, 2013
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5205 May 8, 2013
My One True Friend

Bette Midler

Sorry people but I feel the need to sing all day and everyday....:)
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5206 May 9, 2013
Family as source of love

A few days after the tsunami, my wife and I went to visit the hospital where some of the survivors were and I was told a profoundly moving story by a grandmother who was grieving for the loss of her grandson. Her family lived close to the sea in Saleapaga, one of the worst affected areas of the tsunami tragedy. In the early morning as was usual for their family, she and her grandchildren would wake up and go about their morning rituals. This morning was no different. She recalled how she had given some coins to her grandchildren to get some goodies from the local store. She remembers them going to the store, playing on the way. The next thing she recalls was the emergency warning for all to go to higher ground.

In the chaos of trying to locate her grandchildren she remembers the roaring sound of the wave, screeching towards them with driving rage, as if belching from the bowels of hell, whistling eerily, taunting death and destruction. This grandmother tells of how she yelled to her grandchildren who were nearby to run for their lives. Being a big lady she knew she would slow them down if they were to run together. As she tried to move herself along as quickly as possible, she was horrified to see her young seven year old grandson come back for her. He grabbed her hand tightly and pleaded, Sau, ta o" (Come with me). Realising the young boy was not going to leave her, she stood up, held his hand tightly and tried to move quickly. When the wave reached them, the sheer force and magnitude of it caused their hands to be ripped apart. When she recovered from the force of the wave she realised that she was no longer holding his hand and that the wave has taken him.

Amidst tears she told me how she still sees his face, feels his hands, gripping hers, hears his voice firmly telling her to hurry along. And, despite her loss and grief she decides that she owed it to him, to the strength of his love and his gesture, to keep living and be thankful for the gift of her life. In a barely audible whisper she says, "E oo mai nei e le'i maua se tala i si au tama. Toe fia vaai tasi i ai (Up till now I have not heard whether or not his body has been recovered. I just want to see him once more)".
There is poignancy here about the arresting power of love and the frailty of life. In most families there is a close bond between grandparents and grandchildren. Theirs is a special relationship. The elderly grandmother and the young grandchild represent the most vulnerable of family members. Yet the nature of their love demonstrates what is most compelling and strong of family. Here life and love is no less enduring because it is fragile and mortal. The physical power of the tsunami can not overwhelm the strength of true family loving, if anything it underlines it.

The Head of State of Samoa Tui Atua Tupua Tamasese addressing the New Zealand Families Commission Pasifika Families Fono on the 3 November 2009
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5207 May 9, 2013
Wishing all our Grandmothers and mothers a very warm, happy and wonderful mothers day full of love and surprises on Sunday.

Ia fa'amanuia le Atua ia outou uma ma galuega lelei sa outou faia mo o tatou aiga i aso uma e le aunoa. Ia manuia tele le aso o Tina i tina uma o Samoa po'o fea lava le itu o le kelope o lo'o outou afifio ma papaa'ao ai.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5208 May 11, 2013
Proud wrote:
Wishing all our Grandmothers and mothers a very warm, happy and wonderful mothers day full of love and surprises on Sunday.
Ia fa'amanuia le Atua ia outou uma ma galuega lelei sa outou faia mo o tatou aiga i aso uma e le aunoa. Ia manuia tele le aso o Tina i tina uma o Samoa po'o fea lava le itu o le kelope o lo'o outou afifio ma papaa'ao ai.
Like wise..Happy mother's day to all our beautiful mothers day!'ofa atu
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5209 May 12, 2013
“The root of anger is the perception that something has been taken. Something is owed you, and now a debt to debtor relationship has been established.”

Andy Stanley
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5210 May 12, 2013
“Do you think peace of mind can be found in holding a grudge… or harboring resentment… or wallowing in thoughts of what could have been? Me neither.”

Steve Maraboli
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#5211 May 12, 2013
“Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn't change the heart of others-- it only changes yours.”

Shannon L. Alder

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why cant Tonga be good at Sevens Rugby??? 6 min Tafaoimalo 1
Why was Samoa called the Navigators Island? (Jan '14) 14 hr koko ngati 14
Samoa Birthplace Of Kings (Hawaii) (Nov '09) 17 hr SalaJr 88
Who is the best looking black race? (Apr '12) Sun tongangodz 84
which 1 would you marry Tarryn Luafalemana, MZ.... (Apr '13) Oct 18 1989calidreamin 4
Fijian didnt sleep with Samoan women to create ... Oct 17 Emo 17
What polynesian countries have the hottest girl... Oct 17 Rangi 9

Samoa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE