Samoan Warriors

Posted in the Samoa Forum

Comments (Page 13)

Showing posts 241 - 260 of472
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#249
Jun 4, 2010
 
TOA wrote:
Tamatetavaleaipe keaho
You are one slow little guy lol
Learn about the Samoan Chief Ama of Safata Upolu and all his followers there was a huge migration of Samoans to Tonga during the time Samoan Chief Ama travelled to Tonga (LEFT OUT OF TONGAN HISTORY).
There is even exact details on where the Samoan Ancestors of the Tui Kanokupolu Line lived:
Samoans settled first in present day Tatakamotonga in Mu'a in an area called Fonuamotu. They then moved and occupied all of Hihifo and later through the Ha'a Havea clan (Sa Savea) much of central Tongatapu in the Ha'amea region etc.. etc.. etc...
Are you that blind to not see the Samoan Influence among the Kanokupolu Line?
Districts and place etc the Kanokupolu Line ruled in Tonga has so many SAMOAN PLACE NAMES etc....
Titles of the Kanokupolu Line are distributed and created etc the Samoan Way.
The Kanokupolu Line practiced the Samoan Matai System etc.....
The Kanokupolu Line practiced the Samoan Way of Politics.
Kanokupolu means Flesh of Upolu an Island in Samoa.
The strong Samoan presence and influence of the Tui Kanokupolu Dynasty is so obvious and yet you still cant see it. Everything the Kanokupolu Dynasty did was SAMOAN.
Here just in case you missed this part:
The Samoans made Ngata a Sacred Samoan Chief on Tongan Soil gave him protectors known as Tuitui and Tafa'i which means those privileged to sit on the right and left hand of a chief. The Samoans established the Fale Upolu (Fale Kanokupolu), his FONO (Fale Haakili) & his Itu (District) as a separate KINGDOM in TONGA a SAMOAN KINGDOM at that.
The list goes on you must be blind to not notice it.
Heres the REAL INFO i found about Chief Ama from an UNBIASED book on Polynesian history.

`Ama Lele married Soli'ai, a daughter of Tui Manua. They produced a son Peseta, who was to become the next Ama, and a daughter, Tohu'ia Limapo. Herewith contains the connection to the Tonga royal lineage through Tohu'ia Limapo. Limapo travelled to Tonga with her father Ama Lele, at the express request of the 6th Tu'i Ha'atakalaua of Tonga, to marry Ama Lele's daughter Limapo.[8] Limapo travelled with a large wedding party, which consisted of the Ama family and warriors under the charge of Ama Lele.`

Now tell me.. when did this mass migration start again? LMAO@U.
Its funny when u google `Chief Ama of Safata`... the only shit that comes up is a million pages of forums showing the story YOU posted up flooding the internet with yr BULLSHIT. NOT ONE BOOK to back up yr claim of a mass Samoan migration to Tonga in the 1600s. Kanokupolu.. FLESH OF UPOLU.. its in the name ONLY u ASS. Get that into yr dumb fucking head. U hela embarrassed of yr SLAVE ancestors.
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250
Jun 4, 2010
 
O ituaiga finauga nei e sa'o ai tala a toeiina. "E kele le kaukala ma fa'alala solo le lima ae leai se ake......lol

TOA

“"TUI MANU'A LO'U ALI'I E"”

Since: Jun 09

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#251
Jun 5, 2010
 
Tamatetavaleaipekeaho wrote:
<quoted text>Heres the REAL INFO i found about Chief Ama from an UNBIASED book on Polynesian history.
`Ama Lele married Soli'ai, a daughter of Tui Manua. They produced a son Peseta, who was to become the next Ama, and a daughter, Tohu'ia Limapo. Herewith contains the connection to the Tonga royal lineage through Tohu'ia Limapo. Limapo travelled to Tonga with her father Ama Lele, at the express request of the 6th Tu'i Ha'atakalaua of Tonga, to marry Ama Lele's daughter Limapo.[8] Limapo travelled with a large wedding party, which consisted of the Ama family and warriors under the charge of Ama Lele.`
Now tell me.. when did this mass migration start again? LMAO@U.
Its funny when u google `Chief Ama of Safata`... the only shit that comes up is a million pages of forums showing the story YOU posted up flooding the internet with yr BULLSHIT. NOT ONE BOOK to back up yr claim of a mass Samoan migration to Tonga in the 1600s. Kanokupolu.. FLESH OF UPOLU.. its in the name ONLY u ASS. Get that into yr dumb fucking head. U hela embarrassed of yr SLAVE ancestors.
BOOK? LMAO you got this from WIKIPIDEA LMAO you are too funny always claiming WIKIPIDIA this WIKIPIDEA that and yet you use WIkipedia as a source? LMAo if google is your only source for History I have nothing else to say to you lol

As for the term SLAVES you love using that word but whats funny is if Samoans were slaves then how is it that SAMOANS married Tongan Royalty? I never knew SLAVES can marry such HIGH STATUS PEOPLE?

You should look at COMMONERS in Tonga when speaking of SLAVES since these people were too low to even MARRY or go close to TONGAN ROYALTY so before you call Samoans SLAVES ask yourself why is it Samoans could marry and married into the Tongan Royal Families and yet COMMONERS in Tonga could not because of LOW STATUS?

There a saying by Malietoa Tanumafili II (IN SAMOA EVERYONE IS A KING).

Like I said my lost Tongan Friend ask the people of Hihifo who know about there Samoan Connection and ancestors etc....

You have to be blind to not see all of the Samoan Influence in Tonga its kind of sad.

1) From Ancient Tongan Dances to Customs = SAMOAN
2) Tongan Royal Families Language = Samoan
3) There are islands in Tonga that have Samoan mixed in there langauge.
4) All 3 Dynasties in Tonga have Samoan Blood in there veins.
5) Tui Manu'a Anciently ruled Tonga
6) Tui Kanokupolu Line stretched Samoan Influence all over Tonga

I can go on but its no use lol

TOA

“"TUI MANU'A LO'U ALI'I E"”

Since: Jun 09

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#252
Jun 5, 2010
 
Here to help your studies lol

Tui Kanokupolu

http://books.google.com/books...
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#253
Jun 5, 2010
 
mars

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#255
Jun 5, 2010
 
correction leave samoa out your mouth..typo bitch

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#256
Jun 5, 2010
 
WRONG AGAIN.
TOA wrote:
<quoted text>
1) From Ancient Tongan Dances to Customs = SAMOAN
1)U are so proud of the fact Tongans have SOME Samoan dances & customs... u act as if ALL our Tongan customs come from Samoa only. We have dances & customs from ALL OVER THE PACIFIC. Testament to the conquerer past of my ancestors. U look throughout WORLD history.. conquerers invade other lands & adopt parts of the culture of the people theyve conquered & absorb it into their own.
TOA wrote:
<quoted text>
2) Tongan Royal Families Language = Samoan
2)Tongan Royal Family DOES NOT SPEAK SAMOAN u dumbass. Their language is mixed & uses TONGAN WORDS that the average Tongan uses & speaks towards them or at a NORMAL wedding,funeral & other functions of high regard.
If the Tongan King was to speak, the average Tongan would understand everything hes saying & a Samoan would have no clue what the fuck hes talking about... so how does it make it a Samoan language? Just because theres a words in there out of THOUSANDS of words, that sound Samoan or come from Samoa? LOL@yr dumb ass.
TOA wrote:
<quoted text>
3) There are islands in Tonga that have Samoan mixed in there langauge.
3)LOL. In Tonga there are 176 islands & about 70 of them are inhabited. There are 5 island groups. 1)Tongatapu 2)Eua 3)Ha`apai 4)Vava`u & 5)Niua.
In Niua there are TWO islands Niuatoputapu & Niuafo`ou who speak Tongan a lil different from everyone else because of their proximity to the rest of the islands. From these 2 islands are 200 miles from Upolu, 300 miles from Fiji & 350 miles from Tongatapu. So its closer to Samoa & Fiji than most of Tonga.
Lol@yr dumb ass talkin about shit u dont even know. All Tongans speak the same language. Even in Niua island groups they speak Tongan with some language mixed from Samoa. LOL@U.
TOA wrote:
4) All 3 Dynasties in Tonga have Samoan Blood in there veins.
4)Yes all 3 dynasties in Tonga have Samoan blood in their veins through intermarriage. Probably the only intelligent thing youve said on here.
TOA wrote:
5) Tui Manu'a Anciently ruled Tonga
LOL. WRONG. Show me anywhere it states this besides the writings of Dr Mahina(half SAMOAN) proffessor, that says it RULED tongs rather than spread INFLUENCE. Its funny u keep claiming this... yet theres nothing in Tonga that stands as evidence of it ever happening. Go look throughout the Pacific at monuments, structures & place names all named in honor of the Tu`i Tonga... yet u always claim Tui MANURE ruled Tonga but cant even show me some evidnce set in concrete.
TOA wrote:
6) Tui Kanokupolu Line stretched Samoan Influence all over Tonga
Tu`i Kanokupolu.. the first title holder was given the name `Kanokupolu` by his TONGAN father in honor of his son`s Samoan mothers heritage. Its in the name only. U claim in previous posts that there was a mass migration in the 1600s to Tonga by Samoans who went there & established the title. LOL@U. How can it be, when the title was given by a TONGAN? I dont care though... cos all the shit u post up can only be backed from Dr Mahina & Wikipedia & posts on forums that were written by YOU. U cling onto this info like its the bible, because its the only thing u can get that puts yr ancestor SLAVE history in a good light.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#257
Jun 5, 2010
 
TOA wrote:
<quoted text>
BOOK? LMAO you got this from WIKIPIDEA LMAO you are too funny always claiming WIKIPIDIA this WIKIPIDEA that and yet you use WIkipedia as a source? LMAo if google is your only source for History I have nothing else to say to you lol
As for the term SLAVES you love using that word but whats funny is if Samoans were slaves then how is it that SAMOANS married Tongan Royalty? I never knew SLAVES can marry such HIGH STATUS PEOPLE?
You should look at COMMONERS in Tonga when speaking of SLAVES since these people were too low to even MARRY or go close to TONGAN ROYALTY so before you call Samoans SLAVES ask yourself why is it Samoans could marry and married into the Tongan Royal Families and yet COMMONERS in Tonga could not because of LOW STATUS?
There a saying by Malietoa Tanumafili II (IN SAMOA EVERYONE IS A KING).
Like I said my lost Tongan Friend ask the people of Hihifo who know about there Samoan Connection and ancestors etc....
You have to be blind to not see all of the Samoan Influence in Tonga its kind of sad.
1) From Ancient Tongan Dances to Customs = SAMOAN
2) Tongan Royal Families Language = Samoan
3) There are islands in Tonga that have Samoan mixed in there langauge.
4) All 3 Dynasties in Tonga have Samoan Blood in there veins.
5) Tui Manu'a Anciently ruled Tonga
6) Tui Kanokupolu Line stretched Samoan Influence all over Tonga
I can go on but its no use lol
TOA wrote:
As for the term SLAVES you love using that word but whats funny is if Samoans were slaves then how is it that SAMOANS married Tongan Royalty? I never knew SLAVES can marry such HIGH STATUS PEOPLE?
You should look at COMMONERS in Tonga when speaking of SLAVES since these people were too low to even MARRY or go close to TONGAN ROYALTY so before you call Samoans SLAVES ask yourself why is it Samoans could marry and married into the Tongan Royal Families and yet COMMONERS in Tonga could not because of LOW STATUS?
U know for someone who studies this shit day & night... u sure are dumb at absorbing the info all around u. All of Samoa was never ruled by the Tu`i Tonga. Only parts of it. U make it sound like that Tongan Kings can marry ANY Samoan. LOL again. Even to this day.. only a person of HIGH RANK in Tonga, SAmoa or the rest of the Pacific(if it happens) can marry into the Tongan royal family.
Commoners in Tonga cant marry Royalty & neither can the average Samoan... so what r u talkin about? The Samoans who married into the Tongan royal families of old, were the daughters of chiefs who allied themselves with Tongans. Go study somemore because ill school yr street proffessor gutter info educated ass ALL DAY.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#258
Jun 5, 2010
 
SURF808 wrote:
Great read TOA... please continue
Also the URL is not access-able..
Yeah the URL is not accessable because its a fake link Toa just posts up what ever he can dream of & pretends he knows shit... but if u Google all he writes... the info is nowhere is NOWHERE to be found apart from Wikipedia & forum posts all over the net which were WRITTEN BY HIM.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#259
Jun 5, 2010
 
TOA wrote:
Here to help your studies lol
Tui Kanokupolu
http://books.google.com/books...
LOL@this link.

It says:

1.Ngata. The first Tu`i Kanokupolu, Ngata, was one of the younger sons of the sixth Tu`i Haatakalaua(Moungatonga). He was half Samoan, his mother being Touhia, daughter of the chief Ama(Kama) of Safata, Upolu.

WOW. So from this link alone & reading whats written.. where does it say that there was a mass Samoan migration to Tonga in the 1600s & Samoan warriors fought to establish the title of Tu`i Kanokupolu? SHOW ME. Cos im gettin sick of reading YOUR SHIT that u cant even post up a legitimate account of where u get the info... like this link for example. How the fuck does it say ALL THE OTHER SHIT u claim?

Tu`i Kanokupolu = named by a TONGAN for his son in honor of his maternal Samoan heritage. Funny how u read shit & try & twist it in a way to GLORIFY yr people in a different light. LOL.
There has NEVER been any accounts of Samoans fighting on Tongan soil.. EVER. Also the last time Tongans & Samoans fought was when Tuna & Fata sent the Tu`i Tonga packing from Samoa.
One thing youl never deny.... MALIETOA.. how u got the name.... cos we RULED YOU & thats that.
Koaupeia

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#260
Jun 5, 2010
 
Tamatetavaleaipekeaho wrote:
<quoted text>LOL@this link.
It says:
1.Ngata. The first Tu`i Kanokupolu, Ngata, was one of the younger sons of the sixth Tu`i Haatakalaua(Moungatonga). He was half Samoan, his mother being Touhia, daughter of the chief Ama(Kama) of Safata, Upolu.
WOW. So from this link alone & reading whats written.. where does it say that there was a mass Samoan migration to Tonga in the 1600s & Samoan warriors fought to establish the title of Tu`i Kanokupolu? SHOW ME. Cos im gettin sick of reading YOUR SHIT that u cant even post up a legitimate account of where u get the info... like this link for example. How the fuck does it say ALL THE OTHER SHIT u claim?
Tu`i Kanokupolu = named by a TONGAN for his son in honor of his maternal Samoan heritage. Funny how u read shit & try & twist it in a way to GLORIFY yr people in a different light. LOL.
There has NEVER been any accounts of Samoans fighting on Tongan soil.. EVER. Also the last time Tongans & Samoans fought was when Tuna & Fata sent the Tu`i Tonga packing from Samoa.
One thing youl never deny.... MALIETOA.. how u got the name.... cos we RULED YOU & thats that.
Tama keep on schooling them fools *HAHAHAHA* koe kai mumu'a atu koe fanga tengai ia ko eni ..
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#261
Jun 5, 2010
 
Funny how some people keep flooding the internet with all this rubbish of who ruled who, chest pounding, disrespecting all our ancestors for what?.

If you know the information you're posting are accurate and you stand by them, then why do you hide your location?

There are experts in Samoan history who are shaking their heads in utter disbelief no doubt in Tonga too about all this childish/amateurish carry on. Again I reinterate what I said before..Fai mai tala a toeiina,"E kele le kaukala ma fa'alala solo lima ae leai se ake".
tama upolu

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#262
Jun 5, 2010
 
Koaupeia wrote:
<quoted text>
Tama keep on schooling them fools *HAHAHAHA* koe kai mumu'a atu koe fanga tengai ia ko eni ..
eat my poki koaupeia dats all you good for...haaaha

TOA

“"TUI MANU'A LO'U ALI'I E"”

Since: Jun 09

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#263
Jun 5, 2010
 
Tamatetavaleaipekeaho wrote:
<quoted text>LOL@this link.
It says:
1.Ngata. The first Tu`i Kanokupolu, Ngata, was one of the younger sons of the sixth Tu`i Haatakalaua(Moungatonga). He was half Samoan, his mother being Touhia, daughter of the chief Ama(Kama) of Safata, Upolu.
WOW. So from this link alone & reading whats written.. where does it say that there was a mass Samoan migration to Tonga in the 1600s & Samoan warriors fought to establish the title of Tu`i Kanokupolu? SHOW ME. Cos im gettin sick of reading YOUR SHIT that u cant even post up a legitimate account of where u get the info... like this link for example. How the fuck does it say ALL THE OTHER SHIT u claim?
Tu`i Kanokupolu = named by a TONGAN for his son in honor of his maternal Samoan heritage. Funny how u read shit & try & twist it in a way to GLORIFY yr people in a different light. LOL.
There has NEVER been any accounts of Samoans fighting on Tongan soil.. EVER. Also the last time Tongans & Samoans fought was when Tuna & Fata sent the Tu`i Tonga packing from Samoa.
One thing youl never deny.... MALIETOA.. how u got the name.... cos we RULED YOU & thats that.
My brother why did you leave out the other info on the link where it states Matapules of the Tui Kanokupolu Line came from Samoa along with Samoan Chief Ama etc....

TOA

“"TUI MANU'A LO'U ALI'I E"”

Since: Jun 09

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#264
Jun 5, 2010
 
Tamatetavaleaipekeaho wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
U know for someone who studies this shit day & night... u sure are dumb at absorbing the info all around u. All of Samoa was never ruled by the Tu`i Tonga. Only parts of it. U make it sound like that Tongan Kings can marry ANY Samoan. LOL again. Even to this day.. only a person of HIGH RANK in Tonga, SAmoa or the rest of the Pacific(if it happens) can marry into the Tongan royal family.
Commoners in Tonga cant marry Royalty & neither can the average Samoan... so what r u talkin about? The Samoans who married into the Tongan royal families of old, were the daughters of chiefs who allied themselves with Tongans. Go study somemore because ill school yr street proffessor gutter info educated ass ALL DAY.
In Samoa Anciently even Commoners married Tui Tonga's daughters learn about it my brother.

Tui Tonga sent 2 of his daughters anciently to marry into the Malietoa Family.

Tui Tonga's daughter Vaetoeifaga married Tui Aana Tamalelagi.

Tui Tonga's daughter Laufafa, marries Samoan Tupa'imatuna.

Tui Tonga's daughter, Oloitoa married into the Samoan Tagaloa Family in Savaii

Tui Tonga's daughter Lealainuanua married into the Malietoa Family.

Tui Tonga's daughter Pate married Malietoa Ganasavea.

Tui Tonga's daughter Suluimaua married Samoan Chief named Lafo of Falelatai.

Tui Tonga's daughter named Fitimaupaloga married Samoan Samoanagalo.

As stated by Dr Mahina Okusitino Powerful Samoan Chief named Tagaloa had a son with Tongan Vaepopua (I think thats how you spell it) giving birth the Ahoeitu the 1st Tui Tonga.

Many Samoans married Tongan Kings daughters Anciently for the simple fact many Tui Tonga's Anciently lived in Samoa. Tui Tonga's also married Samoan Chiefs daughters etc. When Tui Tonga's had daughters while living in Samoa anciently who do you think they married? Not Tongans I will tell you that lol

TOA

“"TUI MANU'A LO'U ALI'I E"”

Since: Jun 09

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#265
Jun 5, 2010
 
Tongans have some Samoan Dances and Customs? My brother Tongans have way more then some lol as for conquerers lmao are you sure? Or is it because Tonga Anciently was apart of the SAMOAN CULTURE Hence the many of Tonga's Ancient Dances are Samoan Dances etc.. etc.. etc...

Tongan Royal Language = Samoan
Tongan Kings word for Eat is Taumafa
In Samoa the Formal word for eat is Taumafa

Sleep

Tongan Commoner - Mohe,
Tongan Chief/Noble/Prince & Princess - Toka,
Tongan King - Tofa
Samoan Formal Language - Sleep (Tofa)

Tonga Commoner - Bath (kaukau),
Tongan Chief/Noble/Prince & Princess - Bath (takele),
Tongan King - Bath (Fakamalu)
Samoan Formal Language - Bath (Faamalu)

What is funny is Tongan Chiefs, Prince, Nobles say Takele in Samoa Taele is the reguler word used for bath as for Tonga it is Kaukau.

In Samoa many of the Royal Words of Tonga are used as the regular day to day language while in Tonga only ROYALTY lol

Niua Anciently was also under full control by the Samoans etc.. etc.. etc...

Correct! All 3 Royal Families in Tonga had SAMOAN BLOOD!

In Ancient Tonga there were Ancient Houses called Fale Faka Manuka which means in the fashion of Manu'a the Eastern Islands of Samoa. Anciently Tui Manu'a conquered Tonga invasions of the Tonga Islands and also parts of Fiji took place from Saua Manu'a in which Tonga was conquered as well as parts of Fiji. You calim Dr Mahina is half Samoan why? Because he stated Facts about TOngan History instead of hide it? He majors in Tongan History something you have no clue about lol

How can that be? When Ngata was not originally a Tui Kanokupolu by his father he was Tui Hihifo by his father etc.... The name Kanokupolu came about later. You claim there was not a Samoan Migration then who were the hundreds of Samoans who settled in Tatakamotonga as well as Hihifo etc.. etc.. etc...?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#266
Jun 6, 2010
 
TOA wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother why did you leave out the other info on the link where it states Matapules of the Tui Kanokupolu Line came from Samoa along with Samoan Chief Ama etc....
U DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION. Show me where it says that there was a mass Samoan migration to Tonga in the 1600s where they established the Kanokupolu line. The fact that u can only show Dr Mahina(HALF SAMOAN) writings to back this story up should tell u that its B.S. Out of the millions of info u find out, u still cling to one story that is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND apart from Mahinas writings? LOL@U. Uneducated fool u are!
Dont reply until u show me EXACTLY where it says about the mass migration... cos if what u say is LEGIT... then it shouldnt be so hard to find a bunch of links would it?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#267
Jun 6, 2010
 
TOA wrote:
<quoted text>
In Samoa Anciently even Commoners married Tui Tonga's daughters learn about it my brother.
Tui Tonga sent 2 of his daughters anciently to marry into the Malietoa Family.
Tui Tonga's daughter Vaetoeifaga married Tui Aana Tamalelagi.
Tui Tonga's daughter Laufafa, marries Samoan Tupa'imatuna.
Tui Tonga's daughter, Oloitoa married into the Samoan Tagaloa Family in Savaii
Tui Tonga's daughter Lealainuanua married into the Malietoa Family.
Tui Tonga's daughter Pate married Malietoa Ganasavea.
Tui Tonga's daughter Suluimaua married Samoan Chief named Lafo of Falelatai.
Tui Tonga's daughter named Fitimaupaloga married Samoan Samoanagalo.
As stated by Dr Mahina Okusitino Powerful Samoan Chief named Tagaloa had a son with Tongan Vaepopua (I think thats how you spell it) giving birth the Ahoeitu the 1st Tui Tonga.
Many Samoans married Tongan Kings daughters Anciently for the simple fact many Tui Tonga's Anciently lived in Samoa. Tui Tonga's also married Samoan Chiefs daughters etc. When Tui Tonga's had daughters while living in Samoa anciently who do you think they married? Not Tongans I will tell you that lol
LOL. Do u think the Tu`i Tongas had only ONE wife? LMFAO. My family comes from Finau Ulukalala who had 26 children to 5 wives. LOL@U. The Tu`i Tongas married women from families of rank. Dumbass.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#268
Jun 6, 2010
 
450 First actual record of Polynesia in Fiji. Apparently the people have reached Tonga. Possibly they had communicated with the Samoans.
A.D. 575 Tonga-Fijians occupied the coasts of Savaii and Upolu for 25 generations.
A.D. 1000-1200 The influence of the Tuimanu'a (King of the Manu'a group) in Upolu and Savaii had long been extinct. Aana and Atua Districts had risen into prominence.
A.D. 1200 The Tongans had power over Samoa, excluding Manu'a, possessing the four great royal titles - Tuiaana, Tuiatua, Gatoaitele and Tamasoaalii.
A.D.. 1600 Tongans expelled from Samoa, led by the Malietoa family.
MALIETOA BECAME KING
In the islands of Savaii, Upolu and Tutuila are large defense walls known as Pa-Tonga (Tongan-Walls). They are the lasting signs of slavery and sufferings under the Tongan yoke. Large boulders weighing several tons, that modern equipment could hardly lift nowadays, were used in building the walls for forts which stretch long distances over hills and valleys. In their last attempt to defeat the Tongans, the Malietoa family planned the successful invasion of Upolu. In the eastern end of the island the historical war started. In remembrance of a bloody battle there, a place was named Malaela (Basking Ground). It is said that the captives were tied and placed in the blazing sun the whole day. Originally the village was named Malae-faala.
The battle continued westward around the windward side of the island. The Tongans were again severely beaten in Solosolo. The original name of the village, "Solosolo-ga-toto" (Wiping of Blood) is suggestive of a very bloody battle fought there. Solosolo is now one of the very prominent villages of the Atua District. When the Malietoas reached the westernmost end of the island, the Tongans were said to have been fighting from the sea. Continued war being hopeless for the Tongans, they decided to surrender. From the stern of the Tongan war-canoe their leader addressed the victorious Samoan warriors as follows: "Ua malie toa! Ua malie tau! Ou te le toe sau i le auliuli tau. Ae o le a ou sau i le auliuli folau." ("Congratulations thou hero! I am pleased with your fighting! I shall return (to Samoa no more as a warrior but I will come back as your guest.") This historic utterance, used as terms for an armistice by the Tongans, originated the name "Malietoa" which was properly given to the most popular king of Samoa, who liberated them from several generations of bondage. The brief but meaningful statement by the defeated Tongan warrior was made very popular for almost five centuries and is quoted frequently by famed orators on reconciliations and in congratulatory speeches.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#270
Jun 6, 2010
 
TOA wrote:
Tongans have some Samoan Dances and Customs? My brother Tongans have way more then some lol as for conquerers lmao are you sure? Or is it because Tonga Anciently was apart of the SAMOAN CULTURE Hence the many of Tonga's Ancient Dances are Samoan Dances etc.. etc.. etc...
Tongan Royal Language = Samoan
Tongan Kings word for Eat is Taumafa
In Samoa the Formal word for eat is Taumafa
Sleep
Tongan Commoner - Mohe,
Tongan Chief/Noble/Prince & Princess - Toka,
Tongan King - Tofa
Samoan Formal Language - Sleep (Tofa)
Tonga Commoner - Bath (kaukau),
Tongan Chief/Noble/Prince & Princess - Bath (takele),
Tongan King - Bath (Fakamalu)
Samoan Formal Language - Bath (Faamalu)
What is funny is Tongan Chiefs, Prince, Nobles say Takele in Samoa Taele is the reguler word used for bath as for Tonga it is Kaukau.
In Samoa many of the Royal Words of Tonga are used as the regular day to day language while in Tonga only ROYALTY lol
Niua Anciently was also under full control by the Samoans etc.. etc.. etc...
Correct! All 3 Royal Families in Tonga had SAMOAN BLOOD!
In Ancient Tonga there were Ancient Houses called Fale Faka Manuka which means in the fashion of Manu'a the Eastern Islands of Samoa. Anciently Tui Manu'a conquered Tonga invasions of the Tonga Islands and also parts of Fiji took place from Saua Manu'a in which Tonga was conquered as well as parts of Fiji. You calim Dr Mahina is half Samoan why? Because he stated Facts about TOngan History instead of hide it? He majors in Tongan History something you have no clue about lol
How can that be? When Ngata was not originally a Tui Kanokupolu by his father he was Tui Hihifo by his father etc.... The name Kanokupolu came about later. You claim there was not a Samoan Migration then who were the hundreds of Samoans who settled in Tatakamotonga as well as Hihifo etc.. etc.. etc...?
Heres whats wrong with Dr Mahina. Hes half hamo & half the sshit he wrote in the article that u cling onto, CANT BE FOUND ANYWHERE.. so what do u call them stories? I call it B.S. Im not being biased... but if i come across something & i cant find anyone else who thinks this... then id take it as that persons PERSONAL OPINION. I take in the info that everybody knows cos thats what the REAL TRUTH is. Otherwise what u believe would be backed up in all encyclopedias u come across. Go back to school cos u dont know shit about Tongan history. To study something u must have an open mind... not study it & have pre biased conceptions towards one side before youve even looked things up. Look at the mess youve created online. EVERYWHERE online i see youve posted up Dr Mahinas article, even on wikipedia in the Tonga history... WHY? R u so ashamed of yr ancestors that u gota try & make up bullshit instead of keeping the real truth? LOL@U.
Forever a slave u will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 260 of472
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Samoa Forum right now

Search the Samoa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Original Polynesian language 1 hr WTF 127
Tongans are Samoans (Jun '13) 21 hr vcgf 105
How do you tell the difference between Hawaiins... (Mar '09) Sat Luscious 701
What is your favorite Samoan song?? (Feb '09) Sat Proud 1,768
Hawaii Kamehameha Royal Family (SAMOAN) (Sep '09) Sat Tua Tua isa fooa 91
Ancient & Sacred Site (TO'AGA) In Manu'a (May '09) Jul 10 SEARIDER 73
Inspirational and Motivational Quotes...Thoughts (Oct '09) Jul 9 Proud 6,055
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••