Kinda lost

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Hello to all. I have a serious issue and its eating me inside. I am an inactive mormon who was born in the church and even served a mission. I never really had a testimony for myself of the church, just kinda went through the motions I guess. I became inactive really fast after getting back from mission. I moved out on my own, married, have 2 kids now. My wife is palagi and she never was the religious type. I have a girl who is now 4 and a boy who is about 6 months. As i sit here watching my daughter play, I just feel this emptiness inside, this lack of spirituality that I feel is not right. I want my daughter to go to church and be surrounded by christians and know and believe in God and Jesus Christ. I have not been back to church for about 10 yrs now. I still dont know if I want or believe what the mormon church teaches. i dont know if I want my children to go through what I thought was a church that "brainwashed" kids to go on a mission and to have the attitude that all the other churches were untrue and silly, we are the best type of mentality. I am just sooo lost. Should I join another church? I thought about trying a church like Methodist or even a non-denomination type of church. Catholics are out of the question since I dont believe in praying statues of Mary. I would like to know from both mormons and nonmormons on what to do. What religion are you? or what church do you go to? I really want some sort of religion/spiritual sense in my life and especially for my children. I am just so lost on what to do. Should I give the LDS another shot? I sometimes cringe at that thought but truth be told, I have applied some of their teachings in my life. I dont smoke or drink. I avoid doing too much on the sabbath. Like if my daughter wants to go to the park, I just tell her "no, Sunday is daddys rest day." However i drink coffee like crazy. lol Please give some advice and tell me which church should I join. Thanks so much...
ulu poki

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Kinda lost wrote:
Hello to all. I have a serious issue and its eating me inside. I am an inactive mormon who was born in the church and even served a mission. I never really had a testimony for myself of the church, just kinda went through the motions I guess. I became inactive really fast after getting back from mission. I moved out on my own, married, have 2 kids now. My wife is palagi and she never was the religious type. I have a girl who is now 4 and a boy who is about 6 months. As i sit here watching my daughter play, I just feel this emptiness inside, this lack of spirituality that I feel is not right. I want my daughter to go to church and be surrounded by christians and know and believe in God and Jesus Christ. I have not been back to church for about 10 yrs now. I still dont know if I want or believe what the mormon church teaches. i dont know if I want my children to go through what I thought was a church that "brainwashed" kids to go on a mission and to have the attitude that all the other churches were untrue and silly, we are the best type of mentality. I am just sooo lost. Should I join another church? I thought about trying a church like Methodist or even a non-denomination type of church. Catholics are out of the question since I dont believe in praying statues of Mary. I would like to know from both mormons and nonmormons on what to do. What religion are you? or what church do you go to? I really want some sort of religion/spiritual sense in my life and especially for my children. I am just so lost on what to do. Should I give the LDS another shot? I sometimes cringe at that thought but truth be told, I have applied some of their teachings in my life. I dont smoke or drink. I avoid doing too much on the sabbath. Like if my daughter wants to go to the park, I just tell her "no, Sunday is daddys rest day." However i drink coffee like crazy. lol Please give some advice and tell me which church should I join. Thanks so much...
talk to raider, he'll convert you back to mormonism and make sure you repent for daring to leave the chosen religion.. lol

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
talk to raider, he'll convert you back to mormonism and make sure you repent for daring to leave the chosen religion.. lol
I'm mormon but I don't preach...I just defend my religion when poki get poor sport cause he run out of jokes...hihihi...lol

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

"Kinda Lost" - You're better off just joining a Sports Club, lol.
Ezy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...but feel ur pain bro!!..dont listen to ulu poki!!lol..actually he might be right!! We got afew mormons aroung otherwise try the tonga forum...we got afew.. too many!!jks
Ezy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

*around
ulu poki

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> I'm mormon but I don't preach...I just defend my religion when poki get poor sport cause he run out of jokes...hihihi...lol
dont sweat it homie..lol However, if you aint preaching than you aint doing your mormon duty..lol

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Kinda lost wrote:
Try Methodist.. They are a bible teaching church with no strings attached. Or become agnostic such as myself. LOL
ulu poki

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Poly KING wrote:
<quoted text>Try Methodist.. They are a bible teaching church with no strings attached. Or become agnostic such as myself. LOL
no wonder you fked up.. lol you saying theres a 50-50 chance God exists?.lol might as well be atheist ....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
no wonder you fked up.. lol you saying theres a 50-50 chance God exists?.lol might as well be atheist ....
well I may be atheist but haven't fully accepted it yet. So you're right 50-50...

But I was just trying to suggest a good bible based church if his goal was to strive and be a good so called Christian.
ulu poki

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Poly KING wrote:
<quoted text>well I may be atheist but haven't fully accepted it yet. So you're right 50-50...
But I was just trying to suggest a good bible based church if his goal was to strive and be a good so called Christian.
thats not good pk.. god loves you my brother even if the rest of us dont..lol john 3:16

Honolulu, Hi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
dont sweat it homie..lol However, if you aint preaching than you aint doing your mormon duty..lol
I'm like poki I was raised mormon...I'm not active but I'm in it 4life....hihihi
ulu poki

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

raider4life wrote:
<quoted text> I'm like poki I was raised mormon...I'm not active but I'm in it 4life....hihihi
unlike you though i now know it was all bullshiett..lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
thats not good pk.. god loves you my brother even if the rest of us dont..lol john 3:16
Well, there's so many things MAN cannot explain and probably will never be able to explain which is where this "GOD" may come into play and fill in the missing pieces....

But i got good news: the missing link between Neanderthal and MAN was found in Samoa, yesterday. They named it SASA...It looks like an overgrown Cambodian Big Foot, pretty similar to the modern day Samoans... LOL hahaha
ulu poki

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Poly KING wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there's so many things MAN cannot explain and probably will never be able to explain which is where this "GOD" may come into play and fill in the missing pieces....
But i got good news: the missing link between Neanderthal and MAN was found in Samoa, yesterday. They named it SASA...It looks like an overgrown Cambodian Big Foot, pretty similar to the modern day Samoans... LOL hahaha
lol.. Sasa is a champ... i laugh all day reading his comments..lol

I dont u full of shieet because only palagis dont believe in God..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
me, too... that nikka Sasa, is hilarious... too bad Taupoumasina and the Samoan intellects/nerds don't see that.... LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
that's funny. Palagi's bought this news and theology of God to Tonga/Samoa yet they don't believe it themselves. Some weird shett..

Could it have been a tool of mental slavery for us colored folks? Was it a way to tame us from our savage ways so that they can brainwash us, to satisfy and fulfill their own selfish motives? Maybe Church and Christianity was not a great idea for us Polyz... something to ponder about... hmmm...
ulu poki

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Poly KING wrote:
<quoted text>me, too... that nikka Sasa, is hilarious... too bad Taupoumasina and the Samoan intellects/nerds don't see that.... LOL
Add Uiha to that..that fool takes everything personal..lol

Honolulu, Hi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
unlike you though i now know it was all bullshiett..lol
says he of little faith..4life baby!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Samoa Forum right now

Search the Samoa Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Samoa silly not to have a standing army? 31 min Hardly 6
TOA SAMOA squad (RLWC 2013) (Apr '13) 53 min lick nuts 228
Origin of Malo (relation to Samoa no-army policy) 5 hr Lol 16
What is your favorite Samoan song?? (Feb '09) 23 hr Proud 1,776
If Tonga and Samoa were to have one last war, w... (Dec '12) Mon fatherland 710
Polynesians are the Lost tribe of Naphtali!. Mon tongangodz 22
Does "Polynesian" Apply To Everyone? (Sep '12) Mon fatherland 198
•••
•••