What is it like for a foreigner to live in American Samoa?

Posted in the Samoa Forum

Martina

Marietta, GA

#1 Apr 16, 2013
Im 21 years old and a woman and was thinking of moving to American Samoa. I have a degree in teaching,elementary school, and bilengual (spanish and english, soon samoan.) Sooo, do you think it would be ok for me to get a job there? I have heard that the locals push religion and going to church on you, is this true? And is it financially good?(in expensive or cheap wise). So can anyone tell me how is daily life in American Samoa. Im origanlly from Puerto Rico, so island life is apart of me. <3
jake steed

United States

#2 Apr 17, 2013
Martina wrote:
Im 21 years old and a woman and was thinking of moving to American Samoa. I have a degree in teaching,elementary school, and bilengual (spanish and english, soon samoan.) Sooo, do you think it would be ok for me to get a job there? I have heard that the locals push religion and going to church on you, is this true? And is it financially good?(in expensive or cheap wise). So can anyone tell me how is daily life in American Samoa. Im origanlly from Puerto Rico, so island life is apart of me. <3
are you planning to ge there by yourself?
pnut

Hamilton, New Zealand

#3 Apr 17, 2013
Go for a visit, both islands..... am. samoa and the main island!(hehe).

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Apr 17, 2013
Martina wrote:
Don't do it, the don't have toilet papers over there...straight rocks! Hahaha
Martina

Marietta, GA

#5 Apr 17, 2013
jake steed wrote:
<quoted text>are you planning to ge there by yourself?
yesss I am.
Martina

Marietta, GA

#6 Apr 17, 2013
pnut wrote:
Go for a visit, both islands..... am. samoa and the main island!(hehe).
I would!! But sadly I wont have enough money to go there and comeback, and then save more money to go. Trust me, ive thought of EVERY PLAN POSSIBLE. hahaha

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 20, 2013
Martina wrote:
<quoted text>
I would!! But sadly I wont have enough money to go there and comeback, and then save more money to go. Trust me, ive thought of EVERY PLAN POSSIBLE. hahaha
Go to Samoa :), it's a good place, you treat them with respect and they'll treat you with respect, kind people....Unlike Fiji, there's a lot of rapists :( and cannabals, that's why the Indians built a fence around the whole island to keep them inside...:(
jake steed

United States

#8 Apr 21, 2013
Martina wrote:
<quoted text>
yesss I am.
what is the reason rthat you would want to go ourt their and live by yourself? i know their has to be a good reason.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 Apr 21, 2013
Go to Samoa...if you want diabetes! Hahaha. And if you're a vegetarian, enjoy them while you can coz the only thing waiting for you there is cornbeef! lol.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Apr 23, 2013
*sigh* If only the samoan chiefs back in the days didnt accept their fijian wives, they would've not caught this diabetes disease from them ....:( lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Inspirational and Motivational Quotes...Thoughts (Oct '09) 9 hr Proud 6,109
A Hot First for Samoa - Lani Wendt Young turns ... (Aug '11) 9 hr Proud 3
Has anyone been BRIBED by HAWAIIAN AIRLINES lea... 11 hr Hibiscus 3
why do islander guys go for palagi teines for lmao (May '12) 18 hr ngatangiia 229
Message me Mon asi00 2
help Mon terry 1
"Polynesians are all Samoan" Sun Dr Axelrod 12
More from around the web