What is it like for a foreigner to live in American Samoa?

Posted in the Samoa Forum

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2013
Martina

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Im 21 years old and a woman and was thinking of moving to American Samoa. I have a degree in teaching,elementary school, and bilengual (spanish and english, soon samoan.) Sooo, do you think it would be ok for me to get a job there? I have heard that the locals push religion and going to church on you, is this true? And is it financially good?(in expensive or cheap wise). So can anyone tell me how is daily life in American Samoa. Im origanlly from Puerto Rico, so island life is apart of me. <3
jake steed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Martina wrote:
Im 21 years old and a woman and was thinking of moving to American Samoa. I have a degree in teaching,elementary school, and bilengual (spanish and english, soon samoan.) Sooo, do you think it would be ok for me to get a job there? I have heard that the locals push religion and going to church on you, is this true? And is it financially good?(in expensive or cheap wise). So can anyone tell me how is daily life in American Samoa. Im origanlly from Puerto Rico, so island life is apart of me. <3
are you planning to ge there by yourself?
pnut

Hamilton, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Go for a visit, both islands..... am. samoa and the main island!(hehe).

“NRL”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Martina wrote:
Don't do it, the don't have toilet papers over there...straight rocks! Hahaha
Martina

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

jake steed wrote:
<quoted text>are you planning to ge there by yourself?
yesss I am.
Martina

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

pnut wrote:
Go for a visit, both islands..... am. samoa and the main island!(hehe).
I would!! But sadly I wont have enough money to go there and comeback, and then save more money to go. Trust me, ive thought of EVERY PLAN POSSIBLE. hahaha

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Martina wrote:
<quoted text>
I would!! But sadly I wont have enough money to go there and comeback, and then save more money to go. Trust me, ive thought of EVERY PLAN POSSIBLE. hahaha
Go to Samoa :), it's a good place, you treat them with respect and they'll treat you with respect, kind people....Unlike Fiji, there's a lot of rapists :( and cannabals, that's why the Indians built a fence around the whole island to keep them inside...:(
jake steed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Martina wrote:
<quoted text>
yesss I am.
what is the reason rthat you would want to go ourt their and live by yourself? i know their has to be a good reason.

“NRL”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Go to Samoa...if you want diabetes! Hahaha. And if you're a vegetarian, enjoy them while you can coz the only thing waiting for you there is cornbeef! lol.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

*sigh* If only the samoan chiefs back in the days didnt accept their fijian wives, they would've not caught this diabetes disease from them ....:( lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Samoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white and black samoans 31 min Pop 3
alagaupu fa"asamoa (Apr '09) 42 min Manusopo44 375
Samoan women are very beautiful. Mon David1 8
Polynesians are the Lost tribe of Naphtali!. Mon Navosa 123
Why Do People ASSUME Hawaiians Are Asian? (Apr '12) Sun Tui Micronesia 89
25 Samoans on nfl rosters for 2013 season (Sep '13) Aug 17 taepu_faafana 18
Why do Asians have small penises? How does the ... (Sep '12) Aug 15 Teeny 28

Search the Samoa Forum:
•••