In Samoa we call evidence, "Pine Fa'amau". Now Im not going to sit here and tell you that I know 100% where Tagaloalagi came from or where he originated but strong evidence points to Manu'a in Samoa.
Samoan & Tongan Historians:
1) Tagaloalagi was personified by the Tui Manu'a.(Tupua 1995)
2) Tagaloalagi entered Savaii, Upolu and Tonga from the East specifically from the Manu'a Islands.(Meleisea)
3) Pulotu is Fiji, Maama is Tonga, Lagi is Samoa. Tagaloa is associated with Samoa/Lagi. Hikule'o is associated with Fiji/Pulotu and Maui is associated with Tonga/Maama.(Mahina)
* Pine Fa'amau to these claims can be seen with the ancient Chiefs of Samoa:
1) Tui Manu'a Tae O Tagaloa (Manu'a)
2) Tui Atua Tagaloa Tupua aka Lu O Tagaloa (Upolu)
3) Tagaloa Aopo (Manu'a & Upolu)
4) Le Tagaloa Funefeai (Savaii)
etc.... etc.... etc.....
YOU STATED: Why are some fijians sound patriotic to Tongans? Well one is that Queen Salote's half brother was a fijian! The son of the actual tui tonga!
MY REPLY: So you are telling me that Fijians kiss Tongans @sses for the simple fact that the half brother of Queen Salote Tupou was Fijian? What kind of $hit is that?
* Samoans and Tongans have went to war with each other, fought alongside each other, married each other, traded with each other, helped each other, established Royal Lines with each other and so forth yet you do not see Samoans kissing Tongans @sses.
Like I said before Fiji never did crush the Tongans the way Samoans did (Malietoa) hence Fijians seem to always bow down to Tongans. You should thank Britain Kava Farmer or you would be speaking TONGAN right now.