PROUD POLY

Pago Pago, American Samoa

#106 Jan 3, 2013
HapaHawaiianKid wrote:
Samoans don't have a King because, you guys just don't. Your people didn't have one great Ali'i to conquer all.
And Samoans believe in equality ?!? Funny the Matai System must be a joke then.
FYI Samoa had many kings, one who ruled over all the Samoan islands and many more who ruled over Tutuila, Upolu, and Savaii, but not Manu'a as they had their own King the Tui-Manua. As a mtter of fact, Samoa was in the process of naming a king when the white man came and split the Samoan Islands into two groups...Western and American. The Matai system of ancient times started off with only four main Matai's....These four Matai's represented the main four families of Samoa of which descend from Tagaloa.. At some point in history certain people including Queen Salamasina where bestowed all four titles giving them the authority of Monarch. Salamasina was the only female to have achieved this which is why she is the most notable female figure in our history. The SATELE Family descends from her. Others later would hold these titles including Malietoa. All were Kings of Samoa. It would really be nice if people learn more first about what they are talking about.
lord god

Auckland, New Zealand

#107 Jan 3, 2013
who is stronger=both smell as bad as each other

“MASINA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#108 Jan 6, 2013
pingpong wrote:
<quoted text>
i look down on Samoan because my fijian tribe was known to enslave Samoan so you cant blame me for my ego ways.
Se ehhhhhh.... worms like you have no eyes....let alone a functional brain. hehehehe
SURF808

Christchurch, New Zealand

#109 Jan 6, 2013
Taupoimasina wrote:
<quoted text>
Se ehhhhhh.... worms like you have no eyes....let alone a functional brain. hehehehe
Moon,

Manuia le Tausaga Fou first of all!

This may be the wrong place to ask you; but have you seen any significant changes in payroll deductions, especially individual taxes and take home pay?

“MASINA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#110 Jan 8, 2013
SURF808 wrote:
<quoted text>
Moon,
Manuia le Tausaga Fou first of all!
This may be the wrong place to ask you; but have you seen any significant changes in payroll deductions, especially individual taxes and take home pay?
Manuia fo'i le Tausaga Fou Surf!
Great to hear from you. Well, it is still too early to tell. But what I believe to be what Congress was working on burning the midnite oil....before New Year's day deadline.. was avoiding the economic fiscal cliff...which would spell a dire economic situation for most of the middle class...regarding perhaps higher than normal increase in taxes. For the most part, it deals with particular wage-income tax brackets...I know that I don't make a 100,000 plus per annum, so there is nothing for me to worry about...LOL.
The Tax Man Cometh....lol
Uiha

Sunnyvale, CA

#111 Jan 9, 2013
PROUD POLY wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI Samoa had many kings, one who ruled over all the Samoan islands and many more who ruled over Tutuila, Upolu, and Savaii, but not Manu'a as they had their own King the Tui-Manua. As a mtter of fact, Samoa was in the process of naming a king when the white man came and split the Samoan Islands into two groups...Western and American. The Matai system of ancient times started off with only four main Matai's....These four Matai's represented the main four families of Samoa of which descend from Tagaloa.. At some point in history certain people including Queen Salamasina where bestowed all four titles giving them the authority of Monarch. Salamasina was the only female to have achieved this which is why she is the most notable female figure in our history. The SATELE Family descends from her. Others later would hold these titles including Malietoa. All were Kings of Samoa. It would really be nice if people learn more first about what they are talking about.
when the Tongans conquered in 850AD all they found was a chiely governmental system that was fighting each other,now if their was a king,the people would be as one n beat the Tongans,thus their was no tu'i in simoland at the time n thus there never was n there will ever be a king in simoya , the only kingdom in south pacific is Tonga,n if there was a king in simoya at the time the Tongans arrived it was destroyed and annihilated or they surrender and relenquished their powers n demoted to chiefs n never again regain their title,point blank bottom line

“Live life one day at a time.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#112 Jan 10, 2013
Beginning of Tongan expansionism

In 950 AD Tu'i Tonga 'Aho'eitu started to expand his rule outside of Tonga. According to leading Tongan scholars, including Okusitino Mahina, the Tongan and Samoan oral traditions indicate that the first Tu'i Tonga was the son of their god Tangaloa.[2] As the ancestral homeland of the Tu'i Tonga dynasty and the abode of deities such as Tagaloa 'Eitumatupu'a, Tonga Fusifonua, and Tavatavaimanuka, the Manu'a islands of Samoa were considered sacred by the early Tongan kings.[1] By the time it comes to the 10th Tu’i Tonga Momo, and his successor,‘Tu’itatui, the empire had already stretched from Tikopia in the west[citation needed] to Niue in the east. Their realm contained Wallis and Futuna, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Rotuma, Nauru[citation needed], parts of Fiji, Marquesas[citation needed], parts of the Solomon Islands, Kiribati[citation needed], Niue, Cook Islands[citation needed], and parts of Samoa. To better govern the large territory, the Tu’i Tongas had their throne moved by the lagoon at Lapaha, Tongatapu. The influence of the Tu’i Tonga was renowned throughout the Pacific, and many of the neighboring islands participated in the widespread trade of resources and new ideas.
This era of ancient prosperity was not to last, however. In AD 1535,Takalaua, was assassinated by two foreigners while swimming in the lagoon of Mu'a. His successor, Kau’ulufonuafekai I sought the killers all the way to Futuna, where he killed them.[3] Because of so many assassination attempts on the Tu'i Tonga, Kau'ulufonuafekai established a new dynasty called Tu'i Ha'atakalaua in honor of his father and he gave his brother Mo’ungamotu’a, the title of Tu’i Ha’a Takalaua. This new dynasty was to deal with the everyday decisions of the empire, while the position of Tu’i Tonga was to be the nation’s spiritual leader, though he still controlled the final say in the life or death of his people. The Tu'i Tonga "empire" at this period becomes Samoan in orientation as the Tu'i Tonga kings themselves became ethnic Samoans who married Samoan women and resided in Samoa.[4] Kau'ulufonua's mother was a Samoan from Manu'a,[5] Tu'i Tonga Kau'ulufonua II and Tu'i Tonga Puipuifatu were genetically half-Samoan and as they married Samoan women the succeeding Tu'i Tongas - Vakafuhu, Tapu'osi, and 'Uluakimata - were allegedly more "Samoan" than "Tongan."[6]
In 1610, the 6th Tu’i Ha’a Takalaua, Mo'ungatonga, created the position of Tu’i Kanokupolu for his half-Samoan son, Ngata, which divided regional rule between them, though as time went on the Tu’i Kanokupolu’s power became more and more dominant over Tonga. The Tu'i Kanokupolu dynasty oversaw the importation and institution of many Samoan policies and titles and according to Tongan scholars this Samoanized form of government and custom continues today in the modern Kingdom of Tonga [7] Things continued this way for a long time afterward. The first Europeans arrived in 1616, when the Dutch explorers Willem Schouten and Jacob Le Maire spotted Tongans in a canoe off the coast of Niuatoputapu, and the famous Abel Tasman followed soon after. These visits were brief, however, and did not change the island much at all.

Location hidden

#113 Jan 10, 2013
I did not read any tui ta ufa....The TuiTonga Royal Family in Samoa were Samoans...said nothing about being tongans only Samoanized....now try to change this reading to something of a conquering mighty tongan warriors....lol
stopit

Australia

#114 Jan 10, 2013
Did mahina tell you people about the two brothers,who was Tangaloaz sonz??After they ruled Tonga...they shifted to samoa!!!

before your 950 material lmaoo.. Wah?Told youse before,'Aho'eitu wasn't the first Tu'iTonga....

...carry on soia... Keep living off someone else's fananga...lol.. Coz your only fananga is you fell out of the sky!!!

let me say it plain and simple...samoanz came from Tonga!!Tuimanua and his ancestors came from Tonga...Moa came from Tonga... Say my name!!!
Uiha

Sunnyvale, CA

#115 Jan 10, 2013
soia wrote:
I did not read any tui ta ufa....The TuiTonga Royal Family in Samoa were Samoans...said nothing about being tongans only Samoanized....now try to change this reading to something of a conquering mighty tongan warriors....lol
thank u soia the princess fiorina for mentionining n settin the record straight for everyone to see that Tonga's paramount empire stretched far n wide ,n their is a few mistakes i see 1) Tonga ruled all of simoya,2)it was 950AD to 1535AD,then simoyns was under the Tongan yoke for 600 years,thank u again for ajustin the date from 500 years of enslavement to 600 years,of Tongan occupation,3)n in that 600 years ,the Tu'i Tonga engineered a fakatonga breedin program that ,that changed the asian appearance of the simo people to their present feature of the Tongan look,4)the breedin program called for evry samoan sunga virgins to be injected , n when they concieved their offspring is half Tongan,n those half Tongan virgins were separated n whenthey come of age they were injected with the Tongan superior sperm ,n when they concieved their offspring is 3/4 Tongans ,n those 3/4 Tongan virgins were separated until they come of age ,then they r injected again ,n when they concieve ,their offspring is 99.9% Tongan,5)this went on for 600 years,6)Tu'i Ta Ufa(ufa killer existed during the Tongan occuption,his highness ruled supreme in upolu n his lineage enslaved the upoluans n relocated most of them to make room for a Tongan stronghold that was formidable ,n the Tongan royals used upolu like a vacationing island n come n go as they pleased ,n Tohui'a is a direct descendant of Tu'i Ta Ufa(ufa killer) thus The Kanokupolu is 100% Tongan ,just a giving n post the real facts
hardly

Wellington, New Zealand

#118 Jan 10, 2013
stopit wrote:
Did mahina tell you people about the two brothers,who was Tangaloaz sonz??After they ruled Tonga...they shifted to samoa!!!
before your 950 material lmaoo.. Wah?Told youse before,'Aho'eitu wasn't the first Tu'iTonga....
...carry on soia... Keep living off someone else's fananga...lol.. Coz your only fananga is you fell out of the sky!!!
let me say it plain and simple...samoanz came from Tonga!!Tuimanua and his ancestors came from Tonga...Moa came from Tonga... Say my name!!!
stobbit Fiapoko lol.

Does it matter that the God, Tangaloa ‘Eitumatupu’a of Samoa had other children??? They may have been older than ‘Ahoeitu, but it doesn’t mean they where the first Tu’itonga. Your own King say’s that ‘Ahoeitu is the first divine ruler of Tonga. Um, he should know it is his own bloodline don’t you fink?

And seeing God came from the Cradle of the Pacific (aka Samoa).
Everything points to Samoa being the centre from whence Polynesia started from. The Gollywogs came from Melanesia and they were stopped in the South of the Pacific (aka Tonga) by you guessed it the ancient Samoans.

Now, Moa may have been originally from Tonga, but his lineage migrated to Tonga from Aliepata, Lalomanu, in Upolu.....that’s right my toko.....Samoa.

Fanks for coming, keep the change for your water bill!!!(it's getting hot in 'ere)
Uiha

Sunnyvale, CA

#119 Jan 11, 2013
hardly wrote:
<quoted text>
stobbit Fiapoko lol.
Does it matter that the God, Tangaloa ‘Eitumatupu’a of Samoa had other children??? They may have been older than ‘Ahoeitu, but it doesn’t mean they where the first Tu’itonga. Your own King say’s that ‘Ahoeitu is the first divine ruler of Tonga. Um, he should know it is his own bloodline don’t you fink?
And seeing God came from the Cradle of the Pacific (aka Samoa).
Everything points to Samoa being the centre from whence Polynesia started from. The Gollywogs came from Melanesia and they were stopped in the South of the Pacific (aka Tonga) by you guessed it the ancient Samoans.
Now, Moa may have been originally from Tonga, but his lineage migrated to Tonga from Aliepata, Lalomanu, in Upolu.....that’s right my toko.....Samoa.
Fanks for coming, keep the change for your water bill!!!(it's getting hot in 'ere)
tui manure was said to have come from Tonga n fished simoya out of the sea,and Moa clan originally from Tonga , like i said simoya was just another island in the Tongan kingdom that won their independance after 600 years under the Tongan yoke,Vava'u tried to kick out the Tu'i Tonga n failed only Ha'apai beat the tu'i Tonga n dismantled it's authority by Taufaahau descendant of Tu'iTa Ufa(ufa killer) that reigned supreme in upolu during the Tongan occupation of simoland

Location hidden

#120 Jan 11, 2013
Uiha wrote:
<quoted text>tui manure was said to have come from Tonga n fished simoya out of the sea,and Moa clan originally from Tonga , like i said simoya was just another island in the Tongan kingdom that won their independance after 600 years under the Tongan yoke,Vava'u tried to kick out the Tu'i Tonga n failed only Ha'apai beat the tu'i Tonga n dismantled it's authority by Taufaahau descendant of Tu'iTa Ufa(ufa killer) that reigned supreme in upolu during the Tongan occupation of simoland
Sorry your grandfather's story of slaves poking fingers in Tui Ta Ufa's azz is a bit to hard to believe. I don't know who is being punished in this made up story. yet I am beginning to wonder if "Uiha" is a sound made from such incident....
Uiha

Sunnyvale, CA

#121 Jan 11, 2013
soia wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry your grandfather's story of slaves poking fingers in Tui Ta Ufa's azz is a bit to hard to believe. I don't know who is being punished in this made up story. yet I am beginning to wonder if "Uiha" is a sound made from such incident....
don't change the subject ,u posted that simoya was conquered n enslaved by Tongans in 950 AD till 1535AD ,thats 585 years of enslavin u monkees n deflowerin them sunga virgins,n they concieved Tongan blood which is evident today by u monkees appearance,n hardly the coward posted that Moa the great warlord n nobleman that founded , n named the islands Ha'amoa is from Tonga, now that claim n post umonkees did proves that we r your progenitors, ask toa what that means he will tell u

Location hidden

#123 Jan 12, 2013
Uiha wrote:
<quoted text>don't change the subject ,u posted that simoya was conquered n enslaved by Tongans in 950 AD till 1535AD ,thats 585 years of enslavin u monkees n deflowerin them sunga virgins,n they concieved Tongan blood which is evident today by u monkees appearance,n hardly the coward posted that Moa the great warlord n nobleman that founded , n named the islands Ha'amoa is from Tonga, now that claim n post umonkees did proves that we r your progenitors, ask toa what that means he will tell u
Tau Manu'a is the first place Tagaloa touched Earth. The first ever Tagaloa/Chiefly house on Earth was built on the island of Tau in Manu'a Samoa called Fale Ula. The Fale Ula became the palace/house of Tui Manu'a. The first ever ruling Empire in the South Pacific was by Tui Manu'as of Samoa. During the Tui Manu'a Empire the Fale Faka Manuka which means Manu'a Houses were built in Tonga during the 9th & 10th Century before Tui Tonga existed meaning Samoans from Manu'a were in Tonga for a very long time.

Tongan History (Original Tonga Creation Story by Tongan Royal Family)

Location hidden

#124 Jan 12, 2013
the first Tu'i Tonga was the son of their god Tangaloa

Tagaloa 'Eitumatupu'a, Tonga Fusifonua, and Tavatavaimanuka

Uiha can you explain why those name have Tagaloa, and Manuka

Location hidden

#125 Jan 12, 2013
Uiha wrote:
<quoted text>don't change the subject ,u posted that simoya was conquered n enslaved by Tongans in 950 AD till 1535AD ,thats 585 years of enslavin u monkees n deflowerin them sunga virgins,n they concieved Tongan blood which is evident today by u monkees appearance,n hardly the coward posted that Moa the great warlord n nobleman that founded , n named the islands Ha'amoa is from Tonga, now that claim n post umonkees did proves that we r your progenitors, ask toa what that means he will tell u
It is not possible for TuiTonga to rule Upolu and Savaii during the early part of your claim because as Ahoeitu was establishing himself in Tonga, around the same time Pili in Samoa was busy establishing and dividing his kingdom among his sons.It was later in the 1200 AD to 1250. unless you have a Grandfather his sons and grandson who lived and ruled over a 100 years a piece TuitaTui did not live a full life because he was murdered, his first son died young, then the wooden stick and his younger son and lastly the grandson(talaifeii) who was kicked out for trying to be ruthless. the only king to rule a long reign is possible talaifeiki's dad.
Uiha

Mountain View, CA

#126 Jan 12, 2013
soia wrote:
<quoted text>
Tau Manu'a is the first place Tagaloa touched Earth. The first ever Tagaloa/Chiefly house on Earth was built on the island of Tau in Manu'a Samoa called Fale Ula. The Fale Ula became the palace/house of Tui Manu'a. The first ever ruling Empire in the South Pacific was by Tui Manu'as of Samoa. During the Tui Manu'a Empire the Fale Faka Manuka which means Manu'a Houses were built in Tonga during the 9th & 10th Century before Tui Tonga existed meaning Samoans from Manu'a were in Tonga for a very long time.
no u wrong Tagaloa was the most powerful being in Tonga,and was considered a god just like the early Tu'i Tongas who descendated from him ,when they pass by u dare not look in to their eyes or at them period or u will die,thats why the simos regard him as a God from the sky ,because at that time Tagaloa n his tautahi visited n ruled simoya n installed his son tui manu'a to be ruler of simoya n their stronghold was in Tau and Tagaloa returned to Tonga ,thus tui manu'a is Tongan orginal,simoyans is tongan originals ,we r your progenitors u nigguhs r Tongans that won their independance from The cruel Tu'i Talakaifaiki,now u all want to identify with our culture and king heheheheh pathetic cowards

Location hidden

#127 Jan 12, 2013
During the Tui Manu'a Empire the Fale Faka Manuka which means Manu'a Houses were built in Tonga during the 9th & 10th Century before Tui Tonga existed meaning Samoans from Manu'a were in Tonga for a very long time.

read it clear and understand these are not my words.

for a very long time in Tonga. people were scattered all over with no set political organization. Manua came in and ruled for a very long time. It was Ahoeitu the son of a Tagaloa Tuimanua who established and broke away from Samoa a new Kingdom for tonga....se kreffen makuai faamalalama gaka lou sieki.
Poly

Auckland, New Zealand

#128 Jan 12, 2013
Samoans are stronger

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mega payouts on all terminations this weekend 1 hr jestr 2
How do you tell the difference between Hawaiins... (Mar '09) 1 hr jestr 710
What is your favorite Samoan song?? (Feb '09) 6 hr Proud 1,802
Calling out Samoan speakers Thu Mr T 7
alagaupu fa"asamoa (Apr '09) Sep 16 Manusopo44 378
I want to learn samoan for my son, partner and ... (Feb '10) Sep 16 flex2of4 5
samoa Sep 15 apex 3
•••

Samoa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE