Comments
21 - 40 of 624 Comments Last updated May 18, 2014
Kona Kahului

Wellington, New Zealand

#27 Jul 2, 2012
These new islands became their homes and with their arrival they carried the name of their motherland,' SAVAI'I.' Over the years, due to isolation, and dispersal, the original Polynesian dialect and culture started to change accordingly to their new environment and new island homes. The word Savai'i became Havai'i,'Avaihi, Avahiki, Hawai'i and Hawaiki.

Upolu became Uporu which is now called Taha'a & Havai'i renamed Raiatea. The Tahiti sister islands were originally Uporu & Havai'i 300AD later renamed by the French government as Taha'a and Raiatea in Tahiti. Also a place on the Big island of Hawai'i carry the name Upolu which points toward Hamoa (Samoa), Maui. The Hawaiian sister islands are in parts called Upolu on Hawai'i & Hamoa, Maui {Hawai'i & Maui } 500AD. The oldest sister islands in all of Polynesia is in fact Upolu and Savai'i of Samoa which birthed pure Polynesians around 2000-500BC and migrated eastward in search of more lands.

Some ancient Polynesian bloodlines were intermixed, because Samoans, Tongans, and Fijians would occasionally intermarry and procreate Polynesian children. The children of Savai'i, mixed Polynesian Samoans or Savai'ians dispersed into the Pacific and found new homes. Each family unit carrying with them old customs and traditions, sometimes intermixing the languages and cultures. They found new homes in Eastern Polynesia and named the new lands accordingly to their pronunciations and enunciations. Language and customs developed differently due to population and cultural isolations, subcultures from an original Polynesian culture, the MOTHERLAND culture, Savai'i.

The biggest island of Samoa with volcanoes is Savai'i. It is the third largest island in Polynesia. The other two are Hawai'i the big island and Aotearoa New Zealand. Savaii's volcano eruptions, along with inter-island wars between Samoa, Tonga, and Fiji and frequent travels, lost canoes, exiled families or warriors, or a voyaging spirit of the people led to many opportunities for odyssey. Some odysseys were desired and some forced because of wars and exiles, A POLYNESIAN ODYSSEY. Today in Samoa, most people live on Upolu rather than the larger Savai'i due to destructive lava flows and volcano eruptions of the past, still very evident today geographically.

In 2003 the research team and wife of Thor Heyerdahl who died in April 2002 at age 87 are studying the largest and oldest man made structure in Polynesia called Pulemelei in Savai'i, Samoa. Interestingly, in the Hawaiian language Pule means Prayer and Mele means Chant and I means Here as in I Nei or Ne I or simply I. Literal translation of Pulemelei in Hawaiian as Pule mele i means ' Prayer chanting here.' In Samoan Pule me le i means literally ' Ownership here or Govern here.' This is a 2003 translation of Pulemelei in the two native Polynesian languages. Savaii's Pulemelei is about 2500 miles from Hawai'i within the Polynesian triangle. Thor Heyerdahl was the Norwegian scientist in 1940s who theorized the origin of Polynesians from South America using the Kon tiki raft to prove possible species migration. A theory he based on the physical properties of the ocean currents. Like James Cook he soon learned about the periodic changing of these ocean currents to allow two directional migrations, east to west and vice versa. Thor Heyerdahl's theory then in the 1950s did not include study of Savaii, Samoa in Western Polynesia. In 2003, Thor Heyerdahl's research team is in Savai'i, Samoa studying what he wanted to research when he was alive.
Kona Kahului

Wellington, New Zealand

#28 Jul 2, 2012
Latest genetic studies in the journals on PNAS 2000 and GENETICS 2002 affirm the origins of Polynesians from sea-faring migrant people originating from around South East Asia. Both articles had these points made (1) Taiwan is not a link to Polynesians as once believed and (2) Polynesians have unique genetic markers like the ' Polynesian motif ' that distinguishes them from all other populations even their closest neighbours the Micronesians and Melanesians. Melanesian genes were found in Fijians and Tongans who border Melanesia. Polynesian Samoans and Eastern Polynesians do not have Melanesian genetic markers. They have unique Polynesian genes which are also found in Tongans, yet not entirely pure in Tonga (GENETICS 2002).
The Samoan word Tonga means 'South.' It is held in Samoan oral tradition that the original people of Tonga were Polynesians from Samoa. Later, Melanesians moved in from nearby Fiji and Vanuatu. Tonga-Samoan Polynesians procreated with the Melanesians of Fiji and Vanuatu and developed the modern-day Tongan bloodlines, which explains the scientific findings of mixed Polynesian-Melanesian genetic markers of Tongans (Genetics 2002). Melanesian cultural influence was very strong in the Tonga islands, thus Polynesians retreated back to Samoa. To keep the Polynesian bloodline strong, royalty of Tonga sought marriage with Samoan Alii families, hence Queen Salamasina & Tupou Taufaahau. These old traditions are well known in the southern Polynesian islands.

Inherently as Polynesians, despite scientific evidence, we know from our similarities that Tonga is a part of the Polynesian family. At the University of Hawaii as with most other scientists, it is known that Polynesians were birthed pure in the Samoa and Tonga realm, the 'Sa moa' meaning the 'Sacred centre or sacred heart' of Polynesia.'Sa means sacred' and 'moa means heart or centre' in the Polynesian Samoan language.

Ancient Samoa had ruling high chiefs ( Aliis ) and at periods Samoa had Kings. TUPU SILI O SAMOA ( King of Samoa ) existed when a high paramount Alii Chief would hold several Alii titles and claim kingdomship upon the people and lands. Early kings of Samoa included Tupua I'amafana, Lei'ataua, Mata'afa, and the more recent, the Malietoa. Today the Head of State is Malietoa which means Brave warrior.

Samoan islands were given the name by Europeans as the NAVIGATOR ISLANDS due to the large number of voyaging outrigger canoes, competent sailors, and large canoe builders. Tongan islands and Tahiti islands were the FRIENDLY ISLANDS. Hawai'ian islands were named the SANDWICH ISLANDS.

Greetings in the Polynesian dialects or languages: Fiji ( Bula vinaka or bula ). Tonga ( Malo lelei ). Malo lelei in Samoan means good greetings. Samoa ( taloFa or KaloFa = greetings ), aloFa in Samoan means love. Marquesas ( taloHa or KaloHa = greetings ). Hawaii ( aloHa = greetings and love )'F' in aloFa ( Samoan ) is replaced by 'H' in aloHa means love ( Hawaiian & Samoan ). Aotearoa Maori ( Kia ora aRoha ). Tahiti ( Iorana ).

Fiji ( Bula vinaka ), Tonga ( Malo lelei ) SAMOA ( TaloFa )---> MARQUESAS ( TaloHa )---> HAWAII ( aloHa )---> AOTEAROA New Zealand ( aRoHa ). Tahiti ( Iorana ).

References.(1) Pacific Journals.(2) GENETICS 2002 (3) PNAS 2000 (4) World Encyclopedias.(5) Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie, Hawaii.(6) Majesty King David Kalakaua 1888. The Legends and Myths of Hawaii. Tuttle Co. Inc. 1888, 1972.
Sasa

Melbourne, Australia

#29 Jul 2, 2012
tuipinngpongslavemaster wrote:
<quoted text>
sure go clean my room before i take my fijian brook stick and smack you with it lol call me when your done im so busy with work time fly's when your a busy slave master hehehehe
. Sole your a retard who obviously was lied to by your fiti/Indian dad , poor ape
Kona Kahului

Wellington, New Zealand

#30 Jul 2, 2012
So in essence Mr Poly King the Royal Family of Hawaii is Samoan. Just like the Tongan Royal Family and all the other Pacific Royal Families.

Whether you like it or not, it’s the truth.

God Bless you.
tuipinngpongslav emaster

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#32 Jul 2, 2012
Kona Kahului wrote:
So in essence Mr Poly King the Royal Family of Hawaii is Samoan. Just like the Tongan Royal Family and all the other Pacific Royal Families.
Whether you like it or not, it’s the truth.
God Bless you.
yes they where because we Tongan and fijian ruled that island they had kings and queen until their women married us because we ruled their island creating this other unite of our family this made up history of the Malietoa is a disgrace to our blood since they came to power there was never any true king of tui of SAMOA until they came on living of us fijian and Tongan history.
And made up a dance called matee matee fk them their fakers
Sasa

Melbourne, Australia

#33 Jul 2, 2012
<quoted text>
yes they where because we Tongan and fijian ruled that island they had kings and queen until their women married us because we ruled their island creating this other unite of our family this made up history of the Malietoa is a disgrace to our blood since they came to power there was never any true king of tui of SAMOA until they came on living of us fijian and Tongan history.
And made up a dance called matee matee fk them their fakers
don't get mad at the facts monkey, fark your history , Samoa chased out tongans , tongans didn't wanna fight so they ran as soon shit hit the fan just like today, Samoa went to fiti and slaughtered a lot of your so called fiti warriors , should have finished u monkies off , that's putting it plain and simple so go kiss up to those Indians muli before they erase all you fiti monkies
tuipinngpongslav emaster

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#34 Jul 2, 2012
Sasa wrote:
<quoted text> don't get mad at the facts monkey, fark your history , Samoa chased out tongans , tongans didn't wanna fight so they ran as soon shit hit the fan just like today, Samoa went to fiti and slaughtered a lot of your so called fiti warriors , should have finished u monkies off , that's putting it plain and simple so go kiss up to those Indians muli before they erase all you fiti monkies
yummmy yummy you SAMOAN never ruled fiji haha we ruled you slaveeee
we cooked you in your own land we Tongan ate and laughed none of SAMOAN ever ruled Fiji or Tonga in your dreams ahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sasa

Melbourne, Australia

#35 Jul 3, 2012
<quoted text>
yummmy yummy you SAMOAN never ruled fiji haha we ruled you slaveeee
we cooked you in your own land we Tongan ate and laughed none of SAMOAN ever ruled Fiji or Tonga in your dreams ahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
. Hey we came over killed your so called fiti warriors they begged for mercy and offered their woman, but the Samoans declined cause they looked like men and killed that whole village hahaha
tuipinngpongslav emaster

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#36 Jul 3, 2012
Sasa wrote:
<quoted text>. Hey we came over killed your so called fiti warriors they begged for mercy and offered their woman, but the Samoans declined cause they looked like men and killed that whole village hahaha
NO YOU DIDNT YOUR WOMEN MADE GOOD FK BUDDY FOR US FIJIAN AND TONGAN LAMOO NOW THEY LOOK LIKE WHALES EWWW AND LOOK LIKE YOUR COW AHAAH xd
Sasa

Melbourne, Australia

#37 Jul 3, 2012
<quoted text>
NO YOU DIDNT YOUR WOMEN MADE GOOD FK BUDDY FOR US FIJIAN AND TONGAN LAMOO NOW THEY LOOK LIKE WHALES EWWW AND LOOK LIKE YOUR COW AHAAH xd
. Yes we did besides I don't blame u , I mean why would u want to fk your woman who look like your brothers haha stupid fiti
Poly KING

San Francisco, CA

#38 Jul 3, 2012
Kona Kahului wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently legend has it that thousands of years ago, a war canoe arrived on the Island of Ni’ihau carrying a very sickly, injured Samoan warrior. The King of Ni’ihau told his daughters to nurse the young warrior and told several messengers to go to the other Islands and find out whether Hawai’i was at war with anyone?
Weeks went by and one by one the messengers arrived back from Koho’olawe, Lana’i, Moloka’i, Kaua’i, O’ahu, Maui and finally Hawai’i the message was the same. Hawai’i is safe, but there’s a savage war happening in the South Pacific between Samoa and the Tongan/Fijian Islands.
Several months pasted and the young Samoan warrior’s injuries healed and his strength returned. The King of Ni’ihau’s youngest daughter, Kalani fell in love with the young warrior and he loved her in return, but knew he had to leave her behind as it was too dangerous for her to return back home with him, as he did not know the fate of his homeland.
One morning just before sunrise the island of Ni’ihau was awoke to the sound of distant war drums pounding. There in the distant were 5 Druas!(Fijian double-hulled war boats, carrying 170 warriors each).
Apparently they had been pursuing the young Samoan warrior Esara from the Anoalo clan of the Tui Manu’a Dynasty for months. Long story short....Esara tricked the Fijian warriors into following him up to Mount Pani’au where the Ni’ihau warriors ambushed them, killing all the Fijian warriors. They burnt the Druas as well. Knowing that the Fijian & Tongan Kings would send out a search party to look for the 850 Fijian warriors, the King of Ni’ihau gathered his people and moved to Hawai’i, where his older brother, King Kamehameha gave his people shelter and protection.
To this day Ni’ihau is know as the forbidden Isle, due to the secret it harbours.
LOL@this nz SaHOMO trying to be hawaiian.. Malie.. LOL
Lol

Honolulu, HI

#39 Jul 3, 2012
netbanger | Jan 15, 2010
The KAMEHAMEHA Lineage. King David Kalakaua 1888
Kanipahu ..........1170 to 1195
Kalapana (including the usurpation of Kamaiole)........1195 to 1220
Kahaimoelea ..........1220 to 1260
Kalaunuiohua ..........1260 to 1300
Kuaiwa ..........1300 to 1340
Kahoukapu ..........1340 to 1380
Kauholanuimahu ..........1380 to 1415
Kiha ..........1415 to 1455
Liloa ..........1455 to 1485
Hakau ..........1485 to 1490
Umi ..........1490 to 1525
Kealiiokaloa ..........1525 to 1535
Keawenui ..........1535 to 1565
Kaikilani and Lonoikamakahiki ..........1565 to 1595
Keakealanikane ..........1595 to 1625
Keakamahana ..........1625 to 1655
Keakealaniwahine ..........1655 to 1685
Keawe and sister ..........1685 to 1720
Alapanui ..........1720 to 1754
Kalaniopuu ..........1754 to 1782
Kamehameha I ..........1782 to 1819
Kamehameha II -- Liholiho ..........1819 to 1824
Kaahumanu regency ..........1824 to 1833
Kamehameha III - Kauikeaouli ..........1833 to 1854
Kamehameha IV ..........1854 to 1863
Kamehameha V.- Lot ..........1863 to 1872
Lunalilo ..........1872 to 1873
Kalakaua ..........1874 to ---
* The Princess Likelike died Febuary 2, 1887
References:
(1) King David Kalakaua, Dagett, R. M.
The Legends and Myths of Hawaii. 1888. Charles E. Tuttle Co. 1888 & 1972 publication.
Library of Congress Card Number: 72-77519
International Standard Book Number : 0-8048-1032-X
November 21, 2003: This book is indeed a masterpiece written by a real King himself, his majesty the Hawaiian King David Kalakaua of the Merry Monarch from proud Hawaiian-Samoan lineage. The Hawaiian King himself proclaims the Kamehameha lineage back to the Ali'i chief from Samoa, brought over by a high priest named Pa'ao from Samoa. The Hawaiian King clearly identifies which ruling alii chief families descended from Tahiti, Society islands, Marquesas and the Ali'is who ruled big island Hawai'i from Samoa, the alii chief Pilikaeae or simply Pili.(This information is stored at the Hawaii State Archives at fact. The book is testament to the vast knowledge of the great Kamehameha Kings in King David Kalakaua. The written word by the Hawaiian king should be heralded as supreme for he possessed the highest of confidence, counsel, validity and security of information from his own family, advisors and educators of the finest institutions of his time. The King's book is truly of highest value and respect, very eloquent, academic and articulate. The book is highly educational and full of information, which clarify a lot about the origins of the Hawaiian people from Samoa, Tahiti and the Marquesas. Pele the volcano Goddess was of Samoan stock too from Samoa to Puna, Hawaii according to the King Kalakaua of Hawaii himself. Awesome relevations, this is a great source for understanding the birth of the Hawaiian culture and its people. The original Hawaiian people from Samoa and the Society islands. The Hawaiian King proclaims the origins of the Hawaiian people from the Polynesian navigators. A great book to fully understand the beginnings of the Hawaiian people. Written and published by the Hawaiian King himself, King David Kalakaua in 1888. Great book, full of revelations and respect. Hawaiiana, Samoana & Polynesia exposed from a royal King himself, King David Kalakaua. Indeed a masterpiece.
The POLYNESIAN FOUNDER EFFECT: Origin of the Polynesian
King fijian

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#40 Jul 3, 2012
Poly KING wrote:
<quoted text>LOL@this nz SaHOMO trying to be hawaiian.. Malie.. LOL
well what the fk do we care we still have our kings and tui east Polynesia was our weak bloodline most of them have died out by now and not pure in blood compare to western Polynesia we still here the power house of the last pure Polynesian of TONGAN BLOODLINE which pro created fijian , Tongan, Rotuman lauan and many more compare to SAMOA a weak outpost we ruled now with no kings or queens but a fake ruler family lol living of our history
Lala

Australia

#41 Jul 3, 2012
King fijian wrote:
<quoted text>
well what the fk do we care we still have our kings and tui east Polynesia was our weak bloodline most of them have died out by now and not pure in blood compare to western Polynesia we still here the power house of the last pure Polynesian of TONGAN BLOODLINE which pro created fijian , Tongan, Rotuman lauan and many more compare to SAMOA a weak outpost we ruled now with no kings or queens but a fake ruler family lol living of our history
Really... O le Tongan Bloodline... That is the purest of pure, Polynesian... Procreated Fijians... LMAO. You are also an idiot. Stop riding along on their coat tail you conceited, bitch. Using multiple usernames doesn't make you more convincing. Tongan, Fijian, Samoan... you're one special person...:)

“E HERE MAI FAKA 'OUTOU”

Since: Apr 12

Kanakaville, Wai'anae

#42 Jul 3, 2012
Kona Kahului, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ??!??!?!

I love it how Slobmoanz make up some BS "Legend" that benifits Samoa. Ya'll some storytellers Lol.

“E HERE MAI FAKA 'OUTOU”

Kanakaville, Wai'anae

#43 Jul 3, 2012
Ask a Hawaiian a HAWAIIAN not a Samoan that lives in Hawai'i. They'd say what I say, we came from Tahiti. Some will say Marqueseas Islands, Society Islands basically Eastern/French Polynesia... Samoa is prolly the last thing they'd say.

Our Homeland before we found Hawai'i is Kahiki.

Kahiki = Tahiti.

LOL i see the "Kamehameha is Samoan" shit going on up there LOLOLOL.

Kamehameha = 1OO% H-A-W-A-I-I-A-N.

Stop trynna take my Kings Birthright away you Slobz. Kamehameha was a 6-7Ft. Darkskinned Kanaka.

Not no PaleSkinndedPoly Lol.
Kona Kahului

Wellington, New Zealand

#44 Jul 3, 2012
If you do not know your own lineage, how do you expect anyone to assist you?

“E HERE MAI FAKA 'OUTOU”

Kanakaville, Wai'anae

#45 Jul 3, 2012
Ooohh i know where my people came from. And it wasn't Samoa. Ya'll should really stop with that "Taking Other Peoples History" stuff.
Satonganz685_676

Australia

#46 Jul 3, 2012
nope we seriously dont give a rats ass about Hawaii
Lol

Honolulu, HI

#47 Jul 4, 2012
HapaHawaiianKid wrote:
Ask a Hawaiian a HAWAIIAN not a Samoan that lives in Hawai'i. They'd say what I say, we came from Tahiti. Some will say Marqueseas Islands, Society Islands basically Eastern/French Polynesia... Samoa is prolly the last thing they'd say.
Our Homeland before we found Hawai'i is Kahiki.
Kahiki = Tahiti.
LOL i see the "Kamehameha is Samoan" shit going on up there LOLOLOL.
Kamehameha = 1OO% H-A-W-A-I-I-A-N.
Stop trynna take my Kings Birthright away you Slobz. Kamehameha was a 6-7Ft. Darkskinned Kanaka.
Not no PaleSkinndedPoly Lol.
King Kalakaua himself proclaims his lineage came from Samoa...He also wrote a book about it...;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
samoa the chosen people. 3 hr Pulu 304
Samoan women are very beautiful. 16 hr The mantis 11
What is your favorite Samoan song?? (Feb '09) 20 hr Tua Tua isa foa 1,793
Kiwi occupation of German Samoa commemorated 22 hr Paul Fox is scum 4
Inspirational and Motivational Quotes...Thoughts (Oct '09) Thu Proud 6,074
Tongans are Samoans (Jun '13) Thu Toomata 113
Slow rise in Samoan buttocks shown to public Aug 25 jeremiah da bullfrog 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••