TOA

“"TUI MANU'A LO'U ALI'I E"”

Since: Jun 09

Compton, CA

#1 Nov 17, 2012
Just wanted to share this video of our Samoan Warriors in the military coming together to sing a song for a fellow fallen warrior.

PK even you can enjoy this for when Samoans and Tongans sing the traditional way without any instuments the singing is priceless and beautiful.

* This clip is showing the Samoan soldiers of Bravo and Charlie company 100BN/442INF rehearsing for a memorial service for a fallen soldier:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

Enjoy
TamaSA

Orlando, FL

#2 Nov 18, 2012
Great post Toa, your link was from a mobile site and i couldnt get to the video, i reposted the link for others to make it easier.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 18, 2012
yes that was awesome! Polynesian voices when singing in group/chorally -there is nothing like it. It's a untaught talent that's in all of us. Natural born singers and the Polynesian polyphonic harmonies can be haunting and moving in a very unforgettable way.

What a great way to get their spirits going, defending our rights/freedom!

Fa'afetai Lava Samoa. Now let me go back and start some shiett w/ my Samoan usoz... LMAO... but fa reo, nice vid!!!!
ulu poki

Orlando, FL

#4 Nov 18, 2012
Poly KING wrote:
yes that was awesome! Polynesian voices when singing in group/chorally -there is nothing like it. It's a untaught talent that's in all of us. Natural born singers and the Polynesian polyphonic harmonies can be haunting and moving in a very unforgettable way.
What a great way to get their spirits going, defending our rights/freedom!
Fa'afetai Lava Samoa. Now let me go back and start some shiett w/ my Samoan usoz... LMAO... but fa reo, nice vid!!!!
PK..Se KEFE..

Location hidden

#5 Nov 18, 2012
this is the Samoan type of singing.. untaught talent, natural spiritual, Samoan accapella singing. Lovez it!!

&fe ature=relmfu

Location hidden

#6 Nov 18, 2012
ulu poki wrote:
<quoted text>
PK..Se KEFE..
Se Salapu lou gutu... Aua le ita,'ufa!! Faifailemu... faatali, Kolila 'o Upolu... LOL haha
hardly

Hamilton, New Zealand

#8 Nov 18, 2012
Poly KING wrote:
this is the Samoan type of singing.. untaught talent, natural spiritual, Samoan accapella singing. Lovez it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nsrm9D3NncoXX&feature=rel mfu
niiice choice pk. classic.
tompingpong

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#9 Nov 18, 2012
TOA wrote:
Just wanted to share this video of our Samoan Warriors in the military coming together to sing a song for a fellow fallen warrior.
PK even you can enjoy this for when Samoans and Tongans sing the traditional way without any instuments the singing is priceless and beautiful.
* This clip is showing the Samoan soldiers of Bravo and Charlie company 100BN/442INF rehearsing for a memorial service for a fallen soldier:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
Enjoy
this are real SAMOAN

Location hidden

#10 Nov 18, 2012
I support our troops! And anyone that will put their life on the line to protect our rights and freedom!

And yea, I like that old ancient style of singing in Samoa. Samoa needs to quit using the keyboard, it just takes away the beauty of a Samoan song. See, pianos/keyboard are meant for a band or a few voices but when our Polynesian choir is ready to sing, leave them voices alone, because it is surreal/beautiful/ and just awesome!!!! Palangiz and other groups that suck in singing need the guidance of instruments but we Islanders can do fine w/ out it. String instruments and percussions are an ok add on, but pianos/brass/keyboards need to stop... It messes up the beauty of our choral music!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Samoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calling out Samoan speakers 1 hr flex2of4 3
What is your favorite Samoan song?? (Feb '09) 11 hr Proud 1,797
alagaupu fa"asamoa (Apr '09) 14 hr Manusopo44 378
I want to learn samoan for my son, partner and ... (Feb '10) Tue flex2of4 5
samoa Mon apex 3
Tongans are Samoans (Jun '13) Mon LukeiLeng 143
Quest to save sharks Sep 14 jestr 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••