yes

no

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Crimean Tatar

Turkey

#1 Jun 4, 2008
Not now, but hopefully, Russians will be one nation with the Volga Tatar(Bolgars) and other Tatars.

As they say, If you scratch a Russian, you will find a Tatar.

Eventually, we will scratch Russia and we will turn it into Great Tartaria.

“شوروی”

Since: May 08

Moscow, Russia

#2 Jun 4, 2008
Well Tatars and Russians are mixed quite well. You`ll find tatar relatives in every Russian family. Thats a fact.
Volga Tatars are mainly Mongolian they dont look like being Turkish. But Crimean Tatars do look like Turkish.
But the latest research (DNA analisys) pointed out that the majority of Russians are more to Turkish origin.
Crimean Tatar

Turkey

#3 Jun 4, 2008
Mr Because wrote:
Well Tatars and Russians are mixed quite well. You`ll find tatar relatives in every Russian family. Thats a fact.
Volga Tatars are mainly Mongolian they dont look like being Turkish. But Crimean Tatars do look like Turkish.

But the latest research (DNA analisys) pointed out that the majority of Russians are more to Turkish origin.
So, when do you think you could embrace your true identity?
White Russian Cossack

Dublin, CA

#4 Jun 4, 2008
Do Tatars ever cook their food or is it always raw food which is really bad for you.
Crimean Tatar

Turkey

#5 Jun 5, 2008
White Russian Cossack wrote:
Do Tatars ever cook their food or is it always raw food which is really bad for you.
Usually we cook, mostly veggies.

From Crimea, we only have few food traditions left, such as Tatar Pasty, Tatar Pasta.

Turkish cuisine is quite diversified and very much vegetarian.

It is good for health.
Crimean Tatar

Turkey

#6 Jun 5, 2008
Mr Because wrote:
By the way, a relative of mine had been there in Tatarstan for a while due to his business contract. After he was back, he told me that it is quite a place at where different ethnicities and races mixed.

You have been there?

I hope to visit Crimea and Tatarstan one day.

“شوروی”

Moscow, Russia

#7 Jun 5, 2008
White Russian Cossack wrote:
You seem not to be Russian... asking such questions...

“شوروی”

Moscow, Russia

#8 Jun 5, 2008
Crimean Tatar wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, a relative of mine had been there in Tatarstan for a while due to his business contract. After he was back, he told me that it is quite a place at where different ethnicities and races mixed.
You have been there?
I hope to visit Crimea and Tatarstan one day.
It is.
What are you waitin for? Go and by some tickets =)
Crimean Tatar

Turkey

#9 Jun 5, 2008
Mr Because wrote:
<quoted text>
It is.
What are you waitin for? Go and by some tickets =)
Next year, I hope.

Since: Sep 07

Izhevsk, Russia

#10 Jun 5, 2008
Mr Because wrote:
... Volga Tatars are mainly Mongolian they dont look like being Turkish...
Sorry, but you're basically wrong.
I live next to Tatarstan, visit them often, besides we have a lot of tatars here in Izhevsk.
So, Volga Tatars are in fact a complex ethnical mix mostly united by language. At least i can see three types of their appearance. First is definitely Turkish (dark hair, dark eyes), second most probably Finnish-Ugric (red hair), third (slavic or Finnish-Ugric) light hair blue eyes.
Crimean Tatar

Turkey

#11 Jun 6, 2008
Bycha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you're basically wrong.
I live next to Tatarstan, visit them often, besides we have a lot of tatars here in Izhevsk.
So, Volga Tatars are in fact a complex ethnical mix mostly united by language. At least i can see three types of their appearance. First is definitely Turkish (dark hair, dark eyes), second most probably Finnish-Ugric (red hair), third (slavic or Finnish-Ugric) light hair blue eyes.
I am the descendant of Cuman Turks, and bit of the Volga Bolgars who settled in Crimea. So, let us recall who the Cumans were:

As we have stated above, Cu [ku:] means blond or fair skin and the second syllable man [ma:n] came of Latin word manus (manus~mans~man ) which means crowd or detachment of soldiers .8 Thus, Cuman means the detachment of blond soldiers .

Russians called Qypchaqs as Polovtsi and Germans called them as Folban -in both cases the words mean blonde . However the definition of blond belongs to the Northern Qypchaq tribes, because the southern Qypchaqs had dark skin because of the climate.

In other European sources Qypchaqs also were called with such words like plavey-plawey-plauci (in Polish), plyczak (in Hungarian). All of these word means also blond.

http://www.transoxiana.org/0109/baltabaev_qyp...

Your theories on race is rather funny Eurocentric b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t.

“شوروی”

Moscow, Russia

#12 Jun 6, 2008
These are not races =)
These are ethnic groups.
You may be intrested to read Lev Gumilev. he wrote about nations, and ethnic groups.
Crimean Tatar

Turkey

#13 Jun 6, 2008
Mr Because wrote:
These are not races =)
These are ethnic groups.
You may be intrested to read Lev Gumilev. he wrote about nations, and ethnic groups.
It is obvious that this person refers to races, not ethnicities, such as Mongols and Caucasians.

“شوروی”

Moscow, Russia

#14 Jun 6, 2008
Nations do progress. Races are not important.
West is of one race. But different nations developed in different ages.
Thats the point. No need to learn about races.
Gumilev mainly writes about nations. Because its hard to distinguish a race too.
Crimean Tatar

Turkey

#15 Jun 6, 2008
Thanks, I will have a look.
OMURTAG

Czech Republic

#16 Aug 9, 2008
Crimean Tatar wrote:
Not now, but hopefully, Russians will be one nation with the Volga Tatar(Bolgars) and other Tatars.
Eventually, we will scratch Russia and we will turn it into Great Tartaria.
Heh I am from eastern Serbia, and have a Cuman surname. And I definately don't look like Serbians or other southern Balkanians, let alone Bulgarian, Macedonian and Turkish. And it's not only me, most of the mountainous places in the central Balkans south of Banat and north of Sofia are the same peoples, which can't see themselves as belonging to Serbia, Romania or Bulgaria.
Then you have Hungarians, noticable percent of Czechoslovacs, even Germans are called 'Huns' by the Brits. Basically, a blond European is not from Europe. Romans, Vlachs, Welsh, Thracians, Greeks, Spaniards are the native Europeans.
unstokholmit

Russia

#17 Aug 9, 2008
Crimean Tatar wrote:
What? scratch a white people and you will find yellow race?

Since: May 07

Kazan

#18 Aug 9, 2008
unstokholmit wrote:
<quoted text> What? scratch a white people and you will find yellow race?
Oh my...
unstokholmit

Vologda, Russia

#19 Aug 9, 2008
Mr Because, kogda naidiosh hotya by 1 uzkoglazogo chernokozhego turkoiazichnogo russkogo v kotorom bolshinstvo russkih priznayut ego za svoego, to tolko togda tverdi shto russkie na 1/120 millionuyu est tatary. Nashi prababushki konchali zhizn` samoubiystvom aby ne dostatsia uzkoglazym, poetomu russkie svoe nazvanie ot slova russue opravdyvayut. Ne smey klevetat` na ih podvig.
Crimean Tatar

Izmir, Turkey

#20 Aug 9, 2008
unstokholmit wrote:
<quoted text> What? scratch a white people and you will find yellow race?
"A white people" is not easy to find in Russia, I reckon. LOL

Go and learn some "white language" before uttering crap about "race".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine (Jun '14) 1 hr tm clm 3,254
Ukraine Needs New Security Guarantees 1 hr Cassandra_ 34
20,000 protest in Ukraine's capital (Jan '14) 1 hr t cls 4,373
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 2 hr SobieskiSavedEurope 11,888
The Secret Dead Of Russia's Undeclared War 2 hr lol 21
Pakistan, Russia sign military cooperation pact 2 hr lol 17
Chechen president offers 'special regiment' to ... 2 hr lol 2
More from around the web