Another adopted Russian boy beaten to...

Another adopted Russian boy beaten to death in US

There are 59 comments on the rt.com story from Mar 3, 2010, titled Another adopted Russian boy beaten to death in US. In it, rt.com reports that:

Seven-year-old Ivan Skorobogatov, adopted by an American family from Russia's Chelyabinsk region, was allegedly killed by his adoptive parents, TASS news agency reports.

Ivan was adopted in 2003 together with his twin sister by Michael J. Craver, 45, and Nanette L. Craver, 54, and moved to Carroll Township in Pennsylvania.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at rt.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

Novokuznetsk

#1 Mar 3, 2010
I wonder what STA, ana8, and other funny people here think about it.

Statutes of Pennsylvania promise these "parents" life sentence or death(if first degree). Will glorious US justice system work as it should?

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 3, 2010
Dmitry wrote:
I wonder what STA, ana8, and other funny people here think about it.
Statutes of Pennsylvania promise these "parents" life sentence or death(if first degree). Will glorious US justice system work as it should?
The death happened in August 2009. The trial is this month. Watch and see how it goes.

The wheels of justice here grind slowly, but they grind extremely fine. The trial will be fair and if convicted the parents will go to prison, perhaps for the rest of their lives.

Now, maybe you can explain why Russia has hundreds of thousands of orphaned children and why conditions in Russia's orphanages are notoriously bad.

“UG X”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 3, 2010
Dmitry wrote:
I wonder what STA, ana8, and other funny people here think about it.
Statutes of Pennsylvania promise these "parents" life sentence or death(if first degree). Will glorious US justice system work as it should?
I'll tell you what I think. Russian scummy adoption agency can't wait to collect on the adopted child.
I do more check ups of my Potential Puppy Owners then Russian agency on the Potential parents of the child. Disgusting!
If any one comes with money, its a done deal in Russia. Orphans in Russia are abused by personal and they have no personal attachment to these children.
T. Shevchenko wrote
Chuzhyj ya u Boha
Chuzhy u ludej
Xiba xto koxaje
Neridnyx ditej.

Transtlation.

To God I am a stranger
To people I am to
Nobody loves
orphan children ...
My heart goes out to all of these little angels! I hope that God will embrace them and comfort their precious souls!

“Pink Ponies of Justice”

Since: Sep 07

Moscow, Russia

#4 Mar 3, 2010
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
The wheels of justice here grind slowly, but they grind extremely fine. The trial will be fair and if convicted the parents will go to prison, perhaps for the rest of their lives.
I'm not sure about that. Murdering of adopted Russian child isn't a serious crime in the USA. Don't know why. Maybe they don't consider them as a human beings...

Russian Furor Over U.S. Adoptions Follows American’s Acquittal in Boy’s Death
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/world/europ...
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#5 Mar 3, 2010
Why would anybody want to adopt a child from Russia?
Small Town America UG X

United States

#6 Mar 3, 2010
Dmitry wrote:
I wonder what STA, ana8, and other funny people here think about it.
Statutes of Pennsylvania promise these "parents" life sentence or death(if first degree). Will glorious US justice system work as it should?
It is dispicable..The adopted parents should get the death penalty..And, the American justice system will work, D..
Small Town America UG X

United States

#8 Mar 3, 2010
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>The death happened in August 2009. The trial is this month. Watch and see how it goes.
The wheels of justice here grind slowly, but they grind extremely fine. The trial will be fair and if convicted the parents will go to prison, perhaps for the rest of their lives.
Now, maybe you can explain why Russia has hundreds of thousands of orphaned children and why conditions in Russia's orphanages are notoriously bad.
Very good point..Their ophanages are some of the worlds worst..Being sterized, sold as slaves, etc..well documented cases..abuse, etc. They have been posted on this forum many times taken from their own russia media..And, many russian kids are actually abandoned so the parents can party, drink, and not worry about parental responsibility..
Xpatjock

Germany

#9 Mar 3, 2010
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
Why would anybody want to adopt a child from Russia?
Probably since they can't adopt one in their own country because they have been spotted as nutters. The Russian adoption agencies in many cases are, as said in another post, nowhere near as fussy as the US or European Governemnt and Church run ones.

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#10 Mar 3, 2010
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
Why would anybody want to adopt a child from Russia?
I have friends who did some years back and she is a delightful young teen redhead, and makes great grades in school...with an Alabama accent! The kids need homes.
gre

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#11 Mar 3, 2010
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
I have friends who did some years back and she is a delightful young teen redhead, and makes great grades in school...with an Alabama accent! The kids need homes.
thanks for good words Ken, but Lukashenko didn't ask a question - he simply wanted to insult Russians- his "question" was rhetorical...

“UG X”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#12 Mar 3, 2010
coolncrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure about that. Murdering of adopted Russian child isn't a serious crime in the USA. Don't know why. Maybe they don't consider them as a human beings...
Russian Furor Over U.S. Adoptions Follows American’s Acquittal in Boy’s Death
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/world/europ...
It has nothing to do with the fact that child was Russian. It could have been child from Africa.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#13 Mar 3, 2010
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
I have friends who did some years back and she is a delightful young teen redhead, and makes great grades in school...with an Alabama accent! The kids need homes.
So why not adopt from the Caucasus? I mean you americans are the best friends of georgians and armenians? Than you yanks can raise those caucasus kids to be little satanic monsters like Stalin or Melkonian.
Small Town America UG X

United States

#14 Mar 3, 2010
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
Why would anybody want to adopt a child from Russia?
Very simple..there are many compassionate people in the world who can not have children of their own..A Russian baby is no different than any other nationality..

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#15 Mar 3, 2010
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
So why not adopt from the Caucasus? I mean you americans are the best friends of georgians and armenians? Than you yanks can raise those caucasus kids to be little satanic monsters like Stalin or Melkonian.
You are one sick human.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#16 Mar 3, 2010
ana 8 wrote:
<quoted text> I'll tell you what I think. Russian scummy adoption agency can't wait to collect on the adopted child.
I do more check ups of my Potential Puppy Owners then Russian agency on the Potential parents of the child. Disgusting!
If any one comes with money, its a done deal in Russia. Orphans in Russia are abused by personal and they have no personal attachment to these children.
Up to a point you could be right, but what about US social services?

Don't they vet people who want to adopt first, and then follow up the family in years to come?
I am not saying it's perfect here in UK, but adoptive parents come under a lot of scrutiny it seems.

After all, no foreign adoption agency, in Russia, China or Africa can check on US adoptive parents or follow the case in years after.

Foreign adoptions are not really liked by our social services, because formalities are handled abroad mostly by Western NGOs, that don't respect the guidelines imposed on other adoptions, and also because money changes hands and that is the open door to any abuse.
gelios

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#17 Mar 3, 2010
Robespierre wrote:
<quoted text>
Up to a point you could be right, but what about US social services?
Don't they vet people who want to adopt first, and then follow up the family in years to come?
I am not saying it's perfect here in UK, but adoptive parents come under a lot of scrutiny it seems.
After all, no foreign adoption agency, in Russia, China or Africa can check on US adoptive parents or follow the case in years after.
Foreign adoptions are not really liked by our social services, because formalities are handled abroad mostly by Western NGOs, that don't respect the guidelines imposed on other adoptions, and also because money changes hands and that is the open door to any abuse.
let her report us about Ukrainian ophanages...

“UG X”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#18 Mar 3, 2010
Robespierre wrote:
<quoted text>
Up to a point you could be right, but what about US social services?
Don't they vet people who want to adopt first, and then follow up the family in years to come?
I am not saying it's perfect here in UK, but adoptive parents come under a lot of scrutiny it seems.
After all, no foreign adoption agency, in Russia, China or Africa can check on US adoptive parents or follow the case in years after.
Foreign adoptions are not really liked by our social services, because formalities are handled abroad mostly by Western NGOs, that don't respect the guidelines imposed on other adoptions, and also because money changes hands and that is the open door to any abuse.
Social services can do nothing if the abuse is not reported. Even then its not enough. You have to have another witness other wise its just a her say.
There are ways and means of obtaining information. But checking information is time consuming. It doesn't take much to verify the credentials, place of work, letter of recommendation from the local priest!( usually the hardest to obtain if one is not a suitable parent)
Characteristic from the work place and police check, social services letter and medical record from the doctor. It usually takes more then a few phone calls.
Most Russian orphanages don't have on site translators and can't afford one either. So the paperwork just check marked and thats it.
Other foreign adoption agencies have no trouble of communicating in English or French and this is why the process is very meticulous.
In Russia one with money can buy anything and anyone.
I know this from personal experience when my former friends adopted two children from Russia. They just bought four TV's for the orphanage and 10 000 for each child. The paperwork was done properly but no one cared to noticed that both parents were morbidly obese, as we say here "heart attack waiting to happen".
It was obvious that potential adoptive father (400+) was not fit to adopt a baby but nobody cared.
They got the children, two years later he died. He was only 39 at that time. She loves those children but she is in no better shape. God bless her. If she is going to make it to children's 16 birthday I'll be surprised.
Any way. Children need homes, I agree with that. and good homes come along sooner or later to those who are willing to wait.

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#19 Mar 3, 2010
ana 8 wrote:
<quoted text>S Children need homes, I agree with that. and good homes come along sooner or later to those who are willing to wait.
You might read up on the low percentage of Russian orphans that are ever adopted, and what becomes of the ones that are not. I won't prejudice your Google work, but you might as a result qualify you last statement as a bit optimistic.

“Ethically confused ”

Since: Feb 10

Culturally aware

#20 Mar 3, 2010
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
So why not adopt from the Caucasus? I mean you americans are the best friends of georgians and armenians? Than you yanks can raise those caucasus kids to be little satanic monsters like Stalin or Melkonian.
Man you are an ignorant animal! This was children not having any political or cultural alliance. The people responsible should be executed. The worse thing about this is that there are literally thousands of successful adoptions of these children by loving reasonable responsible parents that no one ever hears about and more to the point hundreds if not thousands of willing parents who will face even more obstacles thrown up by greedy Russian/Ukrainian government officials who will no doubt extort more money from decent potential parents using this as a excuse and it’s the children that will suffer. The monsters in Pennsylvania should be publicly executed for this repugnant act.

“Ethically confused ”

Since: Feb 10

Culturally aware

#21 Mar 3, 2010
ana 8 wrote:
<quoted text>Social services can do nothing if the abuse is not reported. Even then its not enough. You have to have another witness other wise its just a her say.
There are ways and means of obtaining information. But checking information is time consuming. It doesn't take much to verify the credentials, place of work, letter of recommendation from the local priest!( usually the hardest to obtain if one is not a suitable parent)
Characteristic from the work place and police check, social services letter and medical record from the doctor. It usually takes more then a few phone calls.
Most Russian orphanages don't have on site translators and can't afford one either. So the paperwork just check marked and thats it.
Other foreign adoption agencies have no trouble of communicating in English or French and this is why the process is very meticulous.
In Russia one with money can buy anything and anyone.
I know this from personal experience when my former friends adopted two children from Russia. They just bought four TV's for the orphanage and 10 000 for each child. The paperwork was done properly but no one cared to noticed that both parents were morbidly obese, as we say here "heart attack waiting to happen".
It was obvious that potential adoptive father (400+) was not fit to adopt a baby but nobody cared.
They got the children, two years later he died. He was only 39 at that time. She loves those children but she is in no better shape. God bless her. If she is going to make it to children's 16 birthday I'll be surprised.
Any way. Children need homes, I agree with that. and good homes come along sooner or later to those who are willing to wait.
So true

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kerry at G7: No apology for Hiroshima 3 hr Garric 1
News Are Russians and Ukrainians the Same?By Serhii ... 9 hr Jon 185
News 20,000 protest in Ukraine's capital (Jan '14) 9 hr Tc Clm 11,157
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 15 hr Tc Clm 5,761
News Russian military plans buildup from West to Pac... 19 hr PAPER TIGER PUTIN 7
Putin lambasts space officials after launch delay 19 hr Putin Cant Get It Up 3
Desperate Russia SLASHES SPACE BUDGET! 19 hr RUSSIA HUMILIATED 11
More from around the web