Russia Ramps Up Missile Tests

Nov 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Heritage Foundation

Russian President Vladimir Putin recently oversaw a strategic exercise-including a series of coordinated missile tests -that drew on Russia's nuclear "triad" . Both the ICBM and the SLBM reached their respective targets after having traveled distances of more than 6,000 kilometers.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Moskva must constantly upgrade its nuclear capabilities in order to handle the ever growing threat from Poland and the Baltics.
AbeUG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Who else but a die hard ultranationalist russkie would refer to Moscow as Moskva?

My detective skills are unparalleled. Doubt me at your own risk.

Did you also know that Russia was responsible for worldwide mass extinctions by spewing forth huge mountains of basaltic lava onto the Siberian tundra 250 million years ago? I'll bet you didn't. I am convinced this was the first use of diabolical Russian schemes to use the environment as a weapon of mass destruction, followed by fog machines, cloud seeding and the latest event, Hurricane Sandy.

Here is the incontrovertible proof:

"Vast volumes of basaltic lava poured over a large expanse of primeval Siberia in a flood basalt event and is cited as a possible cause of the Permian-Triassic extinction event."

"This extinction event, also called the Great Dying, affected all life on Earth, and is estimated to have killed 90% of species living at the time.[6] Life on land took at least 30 million years to fully recover from the environmental disruptions which may have been caused by the eruption of the Siberian Traps."

Since: Aug 12

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

neutral observer wrote:
Moskva must constantly upgrade its nuclear capabilities in order to handle the ever growing threat from Poland and the Baltics.
I am pretty sure Russia's greatest threats are from Jews & Muslims within Russia along with the U.S & China.

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

AbeUG wrote:
Who else but a die hard ultranationalist russkie would refer to Moscow as Moskva?
My detective skills are unparalleled. Doubt me at your own risk.
Did you also know that Russia was responsible for worldwide mass extinctions by spewing forth huge mountains of basaltic lava onto the Siberian tundra 250 million years ago? I'll bet you didn't. I am convinced this was the first use of diabolical Russian schemes to use the environment as a weapon of mass destruction, followed by fog machines, cloud seeding and the latest event, Hurricane Sandy.
Here is the incontrovertible proof:
"Vast volumes of basaltic lava poured over a large expanse of primeval Siberia in a flood basalt event and is cited as a possible cause of the Permian-Triassic extinction event."
"This extinction event, also called the Great Dying, affected all life on Earth, and is estimated to have killed 90% of species living at the time.[6] Life on land took at least 30 million years to fully recover from the environmental disruptions which may have been caused by the eruption of the Siberian Traps."
I must admit it is funny to blame Russia for mass extinctions due to the Siberian Traps & it's Permian–Triassic extinction event.

__

One thing about that is with such extinctions lead way to such species as humans.

If dinosaur's were still living as a huge threat it is likely humans wouldn't have been able to live & evolve.

“What trolls???”

Since: Sep 12

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit it is funny to blame Russia for mass extinctions due to the Siberian Traps & it's Permian–Triassic extinction event.
__
One thing about that is with such extinctions lead way to such species as humans.
If dinosaur's were still living as a huge threat it is likely humans wouldn't have been able to live & evolve.
S'Funny how you mentioned dinosaurs. Dinosaurs never died out Yer BANDit!

Avians are a type of theropod, which is a clade of dinosaurs. Compare the foot of a pigeon and a Tyrannosaurus. They're remarkably similar. Would you believe that it has been considered that Tyrannosaurus itself had feathers? Probably not much though. A lot of other theropods had feathers as well. Doesn't make them birds. Also, many currently suggest that dinosaurs were endothermic. Your facts are outdated.

We evolved in the presence of dinosaurs.

BAND = Birds Are Not Dinosaurs. Your a BANDit.

Brewster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Pinky And Ze Brain wrote:
<quoted text>
S'Funny how you mentioned dinosaurs. Dinosaurs never died out Yer BANDit!
Avians are a type of theropod, which is a clade of dinosaurs. Compare the foot of a pigeon and a Tyrannosaurus. They're remarkably similar. Would you believe that it has been considered that Tyrannosaurus itself had feathers? Probably not much though. A lot of other theropods had feathers as well. Doesn't make them birds. Also, many currently suggest that dinosaurs were endothermic. Your facts are outdated.
We evolved in the presence of dinosaurs.
BAND = Birds Are Not Dinosaurs. Your a BANDit.
In Africa they still claim to see dinosaurs they call Mokele-mbembe.

http://www.mokelembembe.com/

___

Some strange depictions of Humans depictiong Dinosaur like creatures before they should have known these things existed.

http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/...

__

The possible foot print of a human & a dinosaur together in Texas.

http://www.genesispark.com/wp-content/uploads...

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/paluxy.htm

“What trolls???”

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
<quoted text>
In Africa they still claim to see dinosaurs they call Mokele-mbembe.
http://www.mokelembembe.com/
___
Some strange depictions of Humans depictiong Dinosaur like creatures before they should have known these things existed.
http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/...
__
The possible foot print of a human & a dinosaur together in Texas.
http://www.genesispark.com/wp-content/uploads...
http://paleo.cc/paluxy/paluxy.htm
Mokele-mbembe, Unlikely. I saw a Columba livia in my backyard this morning. Is that not a dinosaur?

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

neutral observer wrote:
Headlines like this make me nervous!
----------
These tests come as the debate continues over the depth and scope of U.S. cooperation with NATO on the development and implementation of a European-based missile defense system. Russia sees such a system as undermining its own nuclear deterrent
Strategic and economic interests, as well as the presence of thousands of American troops stationed throughout Europe and the Middle East, overwhelm any objections offered against missile defense by the Russian government.
As with many other things, NATO’s ability to effectively defend itself from a ballistic missile threat would be severely diminished if it caves to Russian demands.

----------

We already know this is about defending Poland/Europe from Russia, not Iran.

“What trolls???”

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Headlines like this make me nervous!
----------
These tests come as the debate continues over the depth and scope of U.S. cooperation with NATO on the development and implementation of a European-based missile defense system. Russia sees such a system as undermining its own nuclear deterrent
Strategic and economic interests, as well as the presence of thousands of American troops stationed throughout Europe and the Middle East, overwhelm any objections offered against missile defense by the Russian government.
As with many other things, NATO’s ability to effectively defend itself from a ballistic missile threat would be severely diminished if it caves to Russian demands.
----------
Shut up dumb sunshine. A few Russian missiles can get past a missile shield.

Hand Fetish!
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Headlines like this make me nervous!
----------
----------
LimpKielbasa and Pinky and the Bean are proof that pond scum was able to survive all of those past extinction events. They have evolved little since they were both swimming around in the primordial ooze.

“What trolls???”

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
LimpKielbasa and Pinky and the Bean are proof that pond scum was able to survive all of those past extinction events. They have evolved little since they were both swimming around in the primordial ooze.
Yes, we can survive all those extinction events.

You know there's a reason why 'neut', as in 'neutral', is pronounced 'newt'.

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

<quoted text>Yes, we can survive all those extinction events.
You know there's a reason why 'neut', as in 'neutral', is pronounced 'newt'.
But YOU won't survive... I'll see to that!

“What trolls???”

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But YOU won't survive... I'll see to that!
Won't survive what?

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

<quoted text>Won't survive what?
YAWN!
Oh! Dear.
your not gonna make a fool of yourself YET AGAIN are you.???
Ali Kabob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
They both evolved from snotalites but just barely.

Here they are in the delivery room.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23577464 @N07/5372878591/

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Ali Kabob wrote:
<quoted text>
They both evolved from snotalites but just barely.
Here they are in the delivery room.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23577464 @N07/5372878591/
Ali the knob! Butt out.
Or your next... Yer t!t.

“What trolls???”

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN!
Oh! Dear.
your not gonna make a fool of yourself YET AGAIN are you.???
How can I be made a fool of if I already AM a fool?

“'QUANDARY'”

Cheshire UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

<quoted text>How can I be made a fool of if I already AM a fool?
I'm gonna show yer.....?

“What trolls???”

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Coprolite1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna show yer.....?
Going to, not gonna!

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
We should nuke them!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••