“Hello. America? It's me.”

Since: Oct 12

Rostov-na-Donu

#18987 Nov 17, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Leonid :)
Ok but the people wanted it too or it would not have happened.
For people spent a certain ideological work. In the consciousness of the Soviet people specially idealized image of Western life. The advantage of private property and the "free market". Ideological attack was carried out from two sides. From the external side broadcast "voices" Voice of America, station Freedom, Free Europe, Radio Vatican and etc.(my dad listened to them at night =)) Within in the country began to appear paraphernalia and imported goods, the total consumption. The goods was were higher quality Soviet. Gradually the Soviet people formed a distorted image of the "light of life" in the West. In parallel with these Party Elite of the organized a deficit of consumer goods and part of the food products. This way for 20 years has created the ground for discontent.

“Hello. America? It's me.”

Rostov-na-Donu

#18988 Nov 17, 2013
Any soviet citizen known word 'difitsit'. =)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#18989 Nov 17, 2013
yankee poodle wrote:
Thank you Mr. Dimitri100.
My take is after taking my Russian/USSR history course, I grew to understand how much I did not know about the "other" superpower ;)
It had its own unique national persona, history, global accomplishments, social and religious concerns, economic challenges, excellence in the arts, a resilient people, that requires study and research to understand that there was more then a stoic "big red military machine" .
That said, I put my self in Russian shoes, as part of the mass, during the turn of the 20th century and see things with a little more of an open mind. I'm not taking sides, however, I just learned that you really can't judge a book by its cover.

Well, I along with many millions of Russians did not realize how good Communism was, until we lost it, only then did I and millions of Russians realize what we had.
Now, sometimes, pain, nostalgia, sadness, unbearable.
Pro Ukraine

London, UK

#18990 Nov 17, 2013
Dimwit100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
Well, I along with many millions of Russians did not realize how good Communism was, until we lost it, only then did I and millions of Russians realize what we had.
Now, sometimes, pain, nostalgia, sadness, unbearable.
You're not Russian you idiot, nor have you ever lived there.
The collapse of the Soviet Union was one of the greatest events of the century, millions tasted freedom for the first time.

Communism is sh*t.
Pro Ukraine

London, UK

#18991 Nov 17, 2013
*the twentieth century

Location hidden

#18992 Nov 17, 2013
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>You're not Russian you idiot, nor have you ever lived there.
The collapse of the Soviet Union was one of the greatest events of the century, millions tasted freedom for the first time.
Communism is sh*t.

Shut it worthless wog,

you know nothing about me, other than I don't have Russian citizenship and I'm not anglo saxon.

As for sh*t around here, you're the only piece of sh*t, worthless wog. Hehehe.

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Location hidden

#18993 Nov 17, 2013
Leonid-Rostow wrote:
<quoted text>For people spent a certain ideological work. In the consciousness of the Soviet people specially idealized image of Western life. The advantage of private property and the "free market". Ideological attack was carried out from two sides. From the external side broadcast "voices" Voice of America, station Freedom, Free Europe, Radio Vatican and etc.(my dad listened to them at night =)) Within in the country began to appear paraphernalia and imported goods, the total consumption. The goods was were higher quality Soviet. Gradually the Soviet people formed a distorted image of the "light of life" in the West. In parallel with these Party Elite of the organized a deficit of consumer goods and part of the food products. This way for 20 years has created the ground for discontent.
Yes, I would say you got a distorted image of the west, just as we got a distorted view of life in the Soviet Union :(
Ours was never half as good as they claimed, and yours wasn't ever half as bad as they claimed.

BUT if you were still in the Soviet Union, we wouldn't be able to talk like this, so I'm glad it's gone. You could visit America or anywhere else, and we can visit Russia (my dream!) You would give up your freedom?

Location hidden

#18994 Nov 17, 2013
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>You're not Russian you idiot, nor have you ever lived there.
Freedom to abandon your country because you can't make a living. So you become a migrant worker & get paid low wages for jobs the natives won't do. Almost but not quite slave labor (cuz that's illegal)

Location hidden

#18995 Nov 18, 2013
hahaha wrote:
As you can see, we ended up in London, while you poor Misha is still suck1ng KGB c0ck in Murmansk :)))))))))
I refer to the Declaration between Stalin, Churchill and Roosevelt in which Stalin insisted on some of it's wording, to the fact that a second front would be openned in France in 1942.

Afterwards Roosevelt and Churchill back trackted on this agreement with pathetic excuses, ending with Churchill informing Stalin that, there would be no second front and no more convoys with assistance for Russia.

Thus leaving Russia alone, with no assistance whatsoever from the tracherous Roosevelt and Churchill.
Russia was left standing alone with no assistance, fighting the murdering Nazis.

It does not take a genius to see that the USA and UK where secretly hoping for a Nazi victory and have the real threat, Communism removed.

When it was clear the Nazis had lost WW2, plans were put in place to invade victorious Russia by the treachearous Allies but the USA got cold feet because they are basically cowards.

The result of which, the treacherous Allies engaged in malicious propaganda, the cold war, lies, distortion against Russia, the country that had just saved their sorry asses as well as the whole world.

Romanov.

Location hidden

#18996 Nov 18, 2013
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>I refer to the Declaration between Stalin, Churchill and Roosevelt in which Stalin insisted on some of it's wording, to the fact that a second front would be openned in France in 1942.
Afterwards Roosevelt and Churchill back trackted on this agreement with pathetic excuses, ending with Churchill informing Stalin that, there would be no second front and no more convoys with assistance for Russia.
Thus leaving Russia alone, with no assistance whatsoever from the tracherous Roosevelt and Churchill.
Russia was left standing alone with no assistance, fighting the murdering Nazis.
It does not take a genius to see that the USA and UK where secretly hoping for a Nazi victory and have the real threat, Communism removed.
When it was clear the Nazis had lost WW2, plans were put in place to invade victorious Russia by the treachearous Allies but the USA got cold feet because they are basically cowards.
The result of which, the treacherous Allies engaged in malicious propaganda, the cold war, lies, distortion against Russia, the country that had just saved their sorry asses as well as the whole world.
Romanov.
I agree with all of it except "but the USA got cold feet because they are basically cowards." Uh, and the "treacherous" bits (when applied to the US)

Churchill was pushing to invade the Soviet Union but Roosevelt expected it to collapse on its own.
Pro Ukraine

London, UK

#18997 Nov 19, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Freedom to abandon your country because you can't make a living. So you become a migrant worker & get paid low wages for jobs the natives won't do. Almost but not quite slave labor (cuz that's illegal)
I was talking about freedom from opression.

So you're a commie now?

Location hidden

#18998 Nov 19, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with all of it except "but the USA got cold feet because they are basically cowards." Uh, and the "treacherous" bits (when applied to the US)
Churchill was pushing to invade the Soviet Union but Roosevelt expected it to collapse on its own.

I respect you're entitlement to you're opinion.

Location hidden

#18999 Nov 19, 2013
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking about freedom from opression.
So you're a commie now?

Firstly Sunshine's political stance is her prerogative, without a low life such as yourself questioning it.

Secondly nobody is interested in what a wothless wog talks about. Hehehe.

Location hidden

#19000 Nov 20, 2013
Iron Dicktator wrote:
Dimitri,you are Arstocrat?
Your Royal Majosty King Dimitri the Great!
This day 22 November 2011. I Romanov state here unequivocally that, Mohamed Mustafa ElBaradei CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT be voted Prime Minister of Egypt.
Furthermore, ElBaradei should not even be allowed to enter Egypt.

ElBaradei is a spy, a stooge, an imposter, a traitor, a yes man of the USA.

Remember Egyptian people, you removed Mubarak with America's help, only because Mubarak became an obstacle, an impediment to the USA.

The USA wanted to remove Mubarak but, did not want to remove the Egyptian Army, the STATUS QUO, and you Egyptians fell for America's treachery, that's why you are still struggling for Democracy.

The Egyptian Army is in the pay of the USA, that is the obstacle to Democracy in Egypt.

People of the World remember, white Americans, Germans, British are all Anglo Saxons, their Philosophy is and always has been, Imperialism at any cost.

They are Nazis, Fascists, racists, treacherous, warmongers, genocidal killers, they CANNOT be trusted.

Do not fall for America's treachery again by electing, " THE TRAITOR ELBARADEI "

I am, your faithful servant...Romanov.

Location hidden

#19001 Nov 20, 2013
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking about freedom from opression.
So you're a commie now?
Troll. Why do you think that makes me a commie?
Pro Ukraine

UK

#19004 Nov 21, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Troll. Why do you think that makes me a commie?
You're a troll yourself, fatass!

Some of the things you post make you sound like a commie.

Location hidden

#19005 Nov 21, 2013
I'm gla Ukraine has at last seen the light and aligns itself closer to Russia.

After all, Ukraine has a lot more in common with it's Russian cousins, than with the racists, nazis Eropeans. Hehehe.

On the news today, see below.

Facing its most important economic crosswords since the collapse of the Soviet Union, Kiev has aligned itself closer to Russia, and has suspended preparations to sign an EU trade deal.

Location hidden

#19006 Nov 21, 2013
glad

Location hidden

#19007 Nov 21, 2013
Europeans.

“The Motherland is Great”

Since: Apr 12

Moscow, Russia

#19009 Nov 22, 2013
Bah! Ukraine still filled with corrupt weak minded fools, Dah!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine 1 hr Zeppelin 2,537
20,000 protest in Ukraine's capital (Jan '14) 2 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 4,132
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 2 hr Zeppelin 2,763
U.S. arms won't help Ukraine 2 hr NAZTY Ukraine 64
Russia to build railway line bypassing Ukraine 3 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 2
France suspends delivery of warship to Russia 7 hr joseph 11
No 2018 World Cup for Fascist Russia! 7 hr Pro-Ukraine 181

Russia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE