Since: Aug 12

Brewster, NY

#42 Oct 2, 2012
Fire Alarm wrote:
<quoted text>
.......So because science doesn't fully explain these things, an invisible man in the sky had to create them?
The Gnostics were one of the earliest Christian sects.

The Gnostics meant the ones with knowledge.

The Gnostics believed imperfect beings created humans but these imperfect beings were created by god themselve's

I think this is interesting & maybe more fitting than traditional Christianity is in this matter.
Annie

Southampton, UK

#43 Oct 3, 2012
Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
<quoted text>
Science in it's self can't even fully explain why we think & feel.
Science acts like humans are like robots.. That one mechanism creates feed backs & energy & thus life like a "robot"
Science doesn't approach us as really how we are as Humans conscience beings, who feel & can create for ourselves.
We are not like robots who are programmed to do exactly or robots who lack what we call human consciousness.
___
It is pretty crazy that the human brain & central nervous system can create such complex consciousness & feelings capable of going beyond programming & creating our own destinity.
Not fully though we are to an extent programmed.
We are programmed to feel pain when something is a danger to our survival, programmed to feel love or sex for reproduction surviva, programmed to feel hungry when we need energy & thirsty when our body needs to replace it's water content to live.
Much of human behaviour is a result of internal programming. It's not as complex as we like to think. We are very predictable.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

#44 Oct 3, 2012
annie says we are very predictable, I read.
So, it means sooner or later you annie are gonna score.
Annie

Southampton, UK

#45 Oct 3, 2012
Some here are more predictable than others...

Loved everywhere

#46 Oct 3, 2012
What do you predict for you & me, then ?
Glory days are here again ?
Pro Ukraine

UK

#47 Oct 3, 2012
I think we can all predict that you'll be with a poster from the frozen North tonight, with reindeers bleating in the background. :-)
Crazy Fish

Manchester, UK

#48 Oct 3, 2012
Pro Ukraine wrote:
No, but you can't prove evolution.
Yes you can, and it has been. People frequently forget evolution is both a factual process and also a theory to explain said factual process.

Clinging to the notion that you cannot disprove religion - which is true, MAYBE god really did create everything and set evolution in motion etc., we cannot disprove that as you cannot disprove a negative - is blind delusion.
Nothing suggests a god exists or existed, and there are several lines of evidence that suggest one had nothing to do with it. Flaws in animal design, such as the nerves that send impulses back to the brain from the eye whilst also simultaneously getting in the way of light aproaching the eye, is one example. Bad creation.

The whole belief is founded on the word of a couple thosand year old story book. The old testament promotes vile anti-human crimes such as rape. The 'new testament' is re-working to make it more suitable for a kind, loving god. So not the word of god then, just word of man.
Religion and therefore the gods within were founded by people with a need to explain things around them. These explanations are no longer needed (we have science) nor factually accurate. Founded on mis-information then, like Nessie.
Yeah Nessie, that mythical beast that is probably a Sturgeon.

Religion itself is not a myth, it is the teachings that are a part of religions that are borderline myth. Doesn't stop people beliving such things, and probably never will.

Brewster, NY

#49 Oct 3, 2012
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Much of human behaviour is a result of internal programming. It's not as complex as we like to think. We are very predictable.
Yes, it is true we are certainly programmed to some extent but no where near the point of a robot.

Plus a robot can't feel & have consciousness like a human.

It is more complex than that.
Annie

Southampton, UK

#50 Oct 3, 2012
Pervsky, I predict more of the same from you and a gradual deterioration in mental acuity and physical functionality due to your declining years. Let me know in ten years time if I was right (maybe you should write it down so that you remember).
Annie

Southampton, UK

#51 Oct 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, it is true we are certainly programmed to some extent but no where near the point of a robot.
Plus a robot can't feel & have consciousness like a human.
It is more complex than that.
I'm not sure I said a robot. However, biotechnology will eventually mean a robot will be programmed to think and feel.

The human brain is very similar to a computer. We have limited processing ability. There are all sorts of built in flaws. Look into the science behind optical illusions for example. Or the governance of the hand over the leg (try twisting your ankle one way and your hand the other).

Loved everywhere

#52 Oct 3, 2012
annie,

I may help you with nano-technology. Something, we can use to build a vibrator just for you.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#53 Oct 3, 2012
Some believe in a cult Limpy started. According to that cult puke-booby was born from a virgin Annie. Annie went to the toilet and *plup* there was little puke-booby come out of Annie's mystical brown hole.
Annie

Southampton, UK

#54 Oct 3, 2012
I see my prediction is already coming true.

Brewster, NY

#55 Oct 3, 2012
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
Some believe in a cult Limpy started. According to that cult puke-booby was born from a virgin Annie. Annie went to the toilet and *plup* there was little puke-booby come out of Annie's mystical brown hole.
Yeah, in my cult only women can join & they all must pray to my big kielbasa & worship my big kielbasa as their god.

Brewster, NY

#56 Oct 3, 2012
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I said a robot. However, biotechnology will eventually mean a robot will be programmed to think and feel.
The human brain is very similar to a computer. We have limited processing ability. There are all sorts of built in flaws. Look into the science behind optical illusions for example. Or the governance of the hand over the leg (try twisting your ankle one way and your hand the other).
Yeah, it is true our brain is kind of like a computer.

The brain is like the hardware & the information is the software.

However it is a bit more complex than that consciousness & feelings goes behond being completely machine like & computer like.

__
__

Anyways even if our brain & body is similar to a robot / machine / computer.

Doesn't it seem improbable that a Universe of complete chance could ever lead to something this complex & functioning like this?
Annie

Southampton, UK

#57 Oct 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah, it is true our brain is kind of like a computer.
The brain is like the hardware & the information is the software.
However it is a bit more complex than that consciousness & feelings goes behond being completely machine like & computer like.
__
__
Anyways even if our brain & body is similar to a robot / machine / computer.
Doesn't it seem improbable that a Universe of complete chance could ever lead to something this complex & functioning like this?
The brain is both the hardware and the software.

Evolution and creation are the same thing. Creation is just not a one off process but is linked to evolution. We are evolving smaller jaws for example because we no longer rip into raw meat. People in the middle ages were far shorter than we are now. We have an appendix for no good reason.
Annie

Southampton, UK

#58 Oct 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah, in my cult only women can join & they all must pray to my big kielbasa & worship my big kielbasa as their god.
Of course psychologically some men haven't evolved beyond the caveman era.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#59 Oct 3, 2012
Anca did you possy evolve enough to have hair in it.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60 Oct 3, 2012
Religion = Garbage.

“What trolls???”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#61 Oct 3, 2012
Crazy Fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can, and it has been. People frequently forget evolution is both a factual process and also a theory to explain said factual process.
Clinging to the notion that you cannot disprove religion - which is true, MAYBE god really did create everything and set evolution in motion etc., we cannot disprove that as you cannot disprove a negative - is blind delusion.
Nothing suggests a god exists or existed, and there are several lines of evidence that suggest one had nothing to do with it. Flaws in animal design, such as the nerves that send impulses back to the brain from the eye whilst also simultaneously getting in the way of light aproaching the eye, is one example. Bad creation.
The whole belief is founded on the word of a couple thosand year old story book. The old testament promotes vile anti-human crimes such as rape. The 'new testament' is re-working to make it more suitable for a kind, loving god. So not the word of god then, just word of man.
Religion and therefore the gods within were founded by people with a need to explain things around them. These explanations are no longer needed (we have science) nor factually accurate. Founded on mis-information then, like Nessie.
Yeah Nessie, that mythical beast that is probably a Sturgeon.
Religion itself is not a myth, it is the teachings that are a part of religions that are borderline myth. Doesn't stop people beliving such things, and probably never will.
That is why it is a myth, you cannot prove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 4 min Cassandra_ 9,735
Ukraine's Neo-Nazis Demand Respect 10 min Cassandra_ 19
Locals get angry with pro-Russia separatists 16 min Cassandra_ 859
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 37 min Avenger 1,897
Putin Promises Jobs, Boost in Trade, Investment... 46 min servoslaves 22
WHY are russians so ugly? (Nov '08) 8 hr Pesky Mothers Pimp 2,357
Why does EVERYONE hate Russia??? (Nov '08) 8 hr Wolftracks 238

Russia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE