Compare Russian army with american army?

Compare Russian army with american army?

Created by bravo on Aug 18, 2008

921 votes

Click on an option to vote

Good

Bad

Equal

Dont know

First Prev
of 37
Next Last

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Aug 18, 2008
Is good pro-Russian or pro-American? Without clarification this poll is quite meaningless.
robert

Skopje, Macedonia

#2 Aug 18, 2008
You cant compare any army with US.Army.It's simple-no one comes close.No other army could do what USArmy did in Iraq-a full scale invasion of a country that is so far away from it's borders.The only army that can come close in a near future is Chinese army.Russian army is good but they can only be a regional power,and as Bzesinski said,despite all the curent missunderstanding with the west they WANT to be part of the club.

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Aug 18, 2008
robert wrote:
You cant compare any army with US.Army.It's simple-no one comes close.No other army could do what USArmy did in Iraq-a full scale invasion of a country that is so far away from it's borders.The only army that can come close in a near future is Chinese army.Russian army is good but they can only be a regional power,and as Bzesinski said,despite all the curent missunderstanding with the west they WANT to be part of the club.
You have the army confused with the navy and airforce. They are what allows the USA to prey on small and weak nations all around they world rather than just pushing around the neighbors.
Hardrada

Orlando, FL

#4 Aug 19, 2008
The American military is far superior to the Russian military.

Look at Afghanistan.
yumyumcat

Hollywood, FL

#5 Aug 19, 2008
There is no contest. While the Russians drop cluster bombs, which is a very indiscriminate weapon. NOT one cluster bomb was used in the preset invasion in Iraq. When Russian punishes, it's women, children and whomever gets in their way. They are truly still barbarians.

Now their military equipment is incredibly inferior to the US as much as the rest of the world. Who in the hell would even question this?
Sam Tate

United States

#6 Aug 19, 2008
Hardrada wrote:
Look at Afghanistan.
The USA will never win there, either. It's a money pit. Look at Viet Nam. Stop Communism ??? China Mart...comes to mind. We create more terrorists every day that we occupy countries who don't want us there.Some are young men and women right now, but they have strong memories, and will seek revenge.We have to stop creating enemies by imposing our way of life on them. We wouldn't want to be told how to live, would we ??? We are not the guys in the white hats all the time.
Sam Tate

United States

#7 Aug 19, 2008
yumyumcat wrote:
There is no contest. While the Russians drop cluster bombs, which is a very indiscriminate weapon. NOT one cluster bomb was used in the preset invasion in Iraq. When Russian punishes, it's women, children and whomever gets in their way. They are truly still barbarians.
Now their military equipment is incredibly inferior to the US as much as the rest of the world. Who in the hell would even question this?
This says otherwise Re : cluster bombs in Iraq

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2003-...

Google more if you would like.
M E Brooks

United States

#8 Aug 19, 2008
China is 30-50 years from parity with the USA. Russia's situation is more perilous. Because of corruption and a closed market economy, Russia doesn't have the funds, nor ever will, to develop its' military infrastructure to compete openly with the USA. It only has the Nuke Option. The USA has a 5-1 advantage in this area. Russia's nuke inventory is outdated, neglected, and poorly maintained. Russia and the USA knows this. This has shifted the USA doctrine of "mutual destruction" to one of "hegemony". We know we can take Russia out with a first strike and leave Russia unable to respond. Russia knows this to. This has caused Russia to develop a hair trigger. In any open conflict with the USA, expect to see a first strike-launch once USA gains Air-Superiority. Babylon is going to fall one day.
Peter

North York, Canada

#9 Aug 19, 2008
Chechnia = Afgan
Basaev - Bin Laden
Georgia - Iraq

Left- results of Russian Army operation
Left- US Army
Left side success
Right - falure

Resume
US army is bunch of losers which rob US taxpayers without fulfilling their duties.

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Aug 19, 2008
Hardrada wrote:
Look at Afghanistan.
How do you figure? the "arab fighters" trained by the Reagan administration seem to be kicking NATO butt rather handily.
Only now they call themselves Al Quieda.

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Aug 19, 2008
yumyumcat wrote:
When the neo-libs of the Clinton administration decided to steal Bosnia-Herzegovina from Serbia (exactly the same as stealing South Ossetia from Georgia) they targeted civilians, not only in Bosnia but throughout Serbia rather deliberately.
The desire was to maximize the civilian casualty rate.
Clinton also had a smart bomb dropped on the Chinese embassy in Beograd.

The USA and NATO committed "crimes against humanity" in the Balkans.

But is there any real evidence of Russians using such weapons in Georgia? The western media never mentions any such thing.
It sounds rather like propaganda.

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Aug 19, 2008
M E Brooks wrote:
China is 30-50 years from parity with the USA. Russia's situation is more perilous. Because of corruption and a closed market economy, Russia doesn't have the funds, nor ever will, to develop its' military infrastructure to compete openly with the USA. It only has the Nuke Option. The USA has a 5-1 advantage in this area. Russia's nuke inventory is outdated, neglected, and poorly maintained. Russia and the USA knows this. This has shifted the USA doctrine of "mutual destruction" to one of "hegemony". We know we can take Russia out with a first strike and leave Russia unable to respond. Russia knows this to. This has caused Russia to develop a hair trigger. In any open conflict with the USA, expect to see a first strike-launch once USA gains Air-Superiority. Babylon is going to fall one day.
The Russian Federation has plenty of funds. Who do you think is supplying the EU with oil and gas? If they cause any problems Russia can find other buyers. China is a rather large consumer of such resources.
You are quite a lunatic if you believe the USA, a nation run out of Somalia by a handful of crazed warlords, would bomb a nation with large numbers of ICBMs. Look at Russia's space program. The technology may be old but it gets into orbit ok. Cosmonauts reach orbit more easily than astronauts.
If North Korea had a dozen bombs and could only reach as far as Japan that would be enough to deter the USA. Against a Russian Federation the USA is rather impotent.

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13 Aug 19, 2008
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure? the "arab fighters" trained by the Reagan administration seem to be kicking NATO butt rather handily.
Only now they call themselves Al Quieda.
You have confused Al Qaeda and the Taliban, easy to do. The US did almost no training for the Taliban, but we did supply some weapons that made a difference. Read "Charlie Wilson's War."

The Iraqi military was trained by Russians and was equipped with top of the line gear, and they didn't last four days. While our air and navy are excellent, a great quote came out of the Iraqi Army. An Iraqi Brigade commander said something like, "In 90 days of bombing by the US Air Force, I lost four tanks. In 45 minutes of engagement with the US Army I lost my entire brigade."

I do not see Russia and the US fighting one another directly. It would be so sad. But if it happened, almost every US soldier has several years of combat experience and significantly superior gear, whereas the Russians let their army run down to that ragged bunch we see in Georgia now. Let's hope Russia regains its sanity and can become a better friend.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#14 Aug 19, 2008
Peter wrote:
Chechnia = Afgan
Basaev - Bin Laden
Georgia - Iraq
Left- results of Russian Army operation
Left- US Army
Left side success
Right - falure
Resume
US army is bunch of losers which rob US taxpayers without fulfilling their duties.
Stick up your camel's rear, Ahmed.

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Aug 29, 2008
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have confused Al Qaeda and the Taliban, easy to do. The US did almost no training for the Taliban, but we did supply some weapons that made a difference. Read "Charlie Wilson's War."
The Iraqi military was trained by Russians and was equipped with top of the line gear, and they didn't last four days. While our air and navy are excellent, a great quote came out of the Iraqi Army. An Iraqi Brigade commander said something like, "In 90 days of bombing by the US Air Force, I lost four tanks. In 45 minutes of engagement with the US Army I lost my entire brigade."
I do not see Russia and the US fighting one another directly. It would be so sad. But if it happened, almost every US soldier has several years of combat experience and significantly superior gear, whereas the Russians let their army run down to that ragged bunch we see in Georgia now. Let's hope Russia regains its sanity and can become a better friend.
The Taliban are the Afghani Islamist mujahedeen supported by Reagan in his fight to keep western secularism out of Afghanistan. Al Quieda are the "arab fighters" he recruited to come and join the jihad against the western infidel.
I am perfectly aware of the difference. Reagan actually "created" Al Quieda in Afghanistan.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#16 Aug 29, 2008
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
The Taliban are the Afghani Islamist mujahedeen supported by Reagan in his fight to keep western secularism out of Afghanistan. Al Quieda are the "arab fighters" he recruited to come and join the jihad against the western infidel.
I am perfectly aware of the difference. Reagan actually "created" Al Quieda in Afghanistan.
Why would Reagan have not wanted a secular Afghanistan? Can you provide s credible source other than your opinion to support that claim? Al Qaeda is largely the creation of UBL, is certainly not just Arabs, and had nothing to do with Reagan. You are as crazy as a March hare.
Question

Espoo, Finland

#17 Aug 29, 2008
The US kid: We win 7-0 as taught in our films we'll nuke them back 2000 yrs and everything around, Ossetia included will be joined back to Georgia which is joined to Massachussets..
The Rus kid: We're gonna cancel the american continent and censor everything invented there. Our democracy is a nice dictatorship..

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#18 Aug 29, 2008
Question wrote:
The US kid: We win 7-0 as taught in our films we'll nuke them back 2000 yrs and everything around, Ossetia included will be joined back to Georgia which is joined to Massachussets..
The Rus kid: We're gonna cancel the american continent and censor everything invented there. Our democracy is a nice dictatorship..
Considering how much territory Russia has taken from Finland, nice you have a sense of humor.
Question

Espoo, Finland

#19 Aug 29, 2008
I'm European.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#20 Aug 29, 2008
Question wrote:
I'm European.
I was fairly sure of that. Then, of course, you know about Russia's taking land from Finland on several occasions. The EU needs to get its act together, as I am one American who is not going to see my sons and daughters go fight another EUROPEAN war, especially after all the "help" we got in places like Afghanistan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 37
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serbia under pressure from Russia over its EU g... 14 min Strahd 64
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 10 hr HNC 5,988
News 20,000 protest in Ukraine's capital (Jan '14) 17 hr George 11,257
News IAAF issues guidelines on Russian track athletes Thu PUTINs JUNKIES 1
News Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine (Jun '14) Thu FILTHY RUSSIAN LIARS 4,480
News Moscow's Long Arm In Belgrade Thu Teddy 47
News Putin heads to China to cement ties, but obstac... Jun 22 PUTIN BEGGING 1
More from around the web