Why? WHY???! (about West)

Posted in the Russia Forum

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 67 of67
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Nov 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Pozhaluysta :) Do you say "Privet" or "Zdravstvuyte"???

“Hello. America? It's me.”

Since: Oct 12

Rostov-na-Donu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Nov 27, 2013
 
=) Aha, it's a strange thing. What are "you doing"? And if I do nothing? Imagine the following dialogue:
(Sunshine)
-Howdy Leo! How do you do?
-Hello sweety. Who I?? I do nothing... Ah! I'm only talking to you. How do I do this? Hmm... Probably bad because I badly taught English in school.

“Hello. America? It's me.”

Since: Oct 12

Rostov-na-Donu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Nov 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

-sunshine wrote:
Pozhaluysta :) Do you say "Privet" or "Zdravstvuyte"???
If we communicate on a simple fact talking to each other "hi!" If the meeting business/official/appeal to the older, then say "Zdravstvuy", "Zdravstvuyte"(enhan ced respect)

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Nov 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Leonid-Rostow wrote:
=) Aha, it's a strange thing. What are "you doing"? And if I do nothing? Imagine the following dialogue:
(Sunshine)
-Howdy Leo! How do you do?
-Hello sweety. Who I?? I do nothing... Ah! I'm only talking to you. How do I do this? Hmm... Probably bad because I badly taught English in school.
"How" vs "What"

- How do you do, Leo?
- Hello sunshine, nice to meet you.
- Leo, what are you doing right now?
- I'm typing on the computer. What are you doing?
- Hey, we have something in common! We both talk on the computer!

Since: Nov 09

Atlantic city, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Nov 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

-sunshine wrote:
http://translate.google.com/#r u/en/%D0%97%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%B0% D0%B2%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D1%83% D0%B9%D1%82%D0%B5%20%0A%0A%D0% 9A%D0%B0%D0%BA%20%20%D1%82%D1% 8B%20%20%D1%8D%D1%82%D0%BE%20% 20%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0% B5%D1%88%D1%8C
Zdravstvuyte = hello
Kak ty eto delayesh'= How do you do?
No, it`s how do you do that.

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Nov 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Alexey25 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it`s how do you do that.
Stupid Google translate!
Thanks Alexey. I haven't had much time to study :(
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Dec 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Leonid-Rostow wrote:
I have many questions about America.=) Why postal address in England and America is written Vice versa? But it is illogical! Searched from the GENERAL to the particular. First country, then the city, then the streets, and then a house. Why is the American Vice versa? Maybe because "the people there go upside down?" (C)(Alice by L. Carroll.)=))
Because most mail is sent to folks in the same city and the same country? The street address is at the top because it is always important.

The country is only important if you are mailing things overseas. So it is at the bottom.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 67 of67
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Russia Forum right now

Search the Russia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Independence for Kaliningrad (PRUSSIA) (Aug '12) 2 min Dimitri100 409
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... 5 min Dimitri100 2,262
Mega oil field discovered in southern Russia 17 min PROUD TO BE SERB 4
NATO commander warns of Russian threat to separ... 28 min PROUD TO BE SERB 162
5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading ... 30 min Pesky army 1,415
america cant do nothing 37 min PROUD TO BE SERB 81
20,000 protest in Ukraine's capital 1 hr Tm Clms 2,850
•••
•••
•••
•••