Russians are the closest to being per...

Russians are the closest to being perfect human beings on the planet!

Created by AbeUG on Jan 1, 2013

46 votes

Click on an option to vote

I wish desperately to be Russian

I'm just a dumb polak not a perfect Russian

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#325 Jan 16, 2013
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your functional reading skills are not very good.
I wrote that IN LACK of POWER VERTICALS, and AGAINST INTRUDING POWER VERTICALS...
Is that really so difficult to understand?
You implied it would take a power vertical to defeat another power vertical because the one LACKING a power vertical does not have the organizational skills necessary to defeat the intruding power vertical. The whole point was why the Russians were unable to defeat the bolsheviks and you said it was because of their lack of organizational skills (which requires a power vertical), which also implies that Estonia and every other country that was able to fight back was in fact a power vertical or they would have been unable to do so.
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>My speaking skills were never that good anyway. It would take a lot of practice to improve.
Still, a thousand times better than mine.
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
But you act like that happened back in the 70's and 80's
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>In estonian, yes. Partly because Estonia was likely the first SSR to get television within the USSR. It pays off to be among the first, not so many imports from other regions.

But besides the SSRs, other autonomous native regions had very little native language television and radio broadcasts. And it is still very little even today. Just maybe 3 hours of mari language broadcasts PER WEEK.
Do they have their own tv & radio stations?
Small towns here can't afford their own tv or radio stations so I assume there might be other reasons for the mari language being 'suppressed'.
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>3 weekly hours of mari broudcasts versus 3*100 hours of russian langauge broadcasts? I'd say 3 weekly hours and 1% is not enough to sustain native culture and language.
3 hours is way too much if you want to wipe out a language.
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>Estonians are not khants or mansis.
But if children have been raised in fully russian schools and the larger russian society suppresses the native minorities, then yes - eventually a lot of natives give up and start speaking only russian even in home. And even hide their true native identities from their children.[QUOTE]???
Plenty of people anglicized their names when they came to the US and eventually only spoke English at home. I know the situation here is different - they weren't forced to come here - but those natives you're talking about still made choices they weren't forced to make.

[QUOTE who="tarmo"]<quot ed text>Not because of not trying by the soviets.
3 hours of tv in your native language... they really screwed that up!

Location hidden

#326 Jan 16, 2013
Gah! Now I messed up the quotes LOL

Location hidden

#327 Jan 16, 2013
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Estonians are not khants or mansis.
But if children have been raised in fully russian schools and the larger russian society suppresses the native minorities, then yes - eventually a lot of natives give up and start speaking only russian even in home. And even hide their true native identities from their children.
???
Plenty of people anglicized their names when they came to the US and eventually only spoke English at home. I know the situation here is different - they weren't forced to come here - but those natives you're talking about still made choices they weren't forced to make.

Location hidden

#328 Jan 16, 2013
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not arguing in circles.
Look into the mirror.
You ARE arguing in circles.
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>You did not answer to my question.
Perhaps you did not comprehend?
You don't understand my answer. I was being sarcastic.
The CIA doesn't protect the American people. It protects the country/government. You asked of the FSB protects Russian people. I don't know what division protects (polices) the Russian people. We have FBI, local and state police agencies... Homeland Security? lol
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>It violates US constitutional amendments.
Really? Which ones? Most people here aren't aware of it and probably aren't bothered by it.
For example, the right to bear arms - unless there's a hurricane in New Orleans and they come to your door demanding your weapons. Yeah, people there complained and some outsiders, but the country wasn't 'up in arms' over it. It was necessary at the time.
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>Does there have to be a reason?
There are probably absolute numbers in soviet encyclopedias.
http://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eesti_kommunistl...
In 1938, there were 120-130 illegal communists in Estonia.
In 1990, about 40 - 55 000 estonians. So less than 10% of estonians were members of the communist party.
Including you and your parents, right?
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>No, they weren't.
The October revolution "happened" simultaneously also in Estonia and elsewhere. And even some days before that in an Estonian island of Naissaar, or was it Aegna.
I thought it all started in St Petersburg?
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>Admit what exactly?
Be more specific.
That the number of communists in Russia was inflated after 1917.
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>Bardak or disorganization is what characterizes people under the derzhavist/soviet rule. Still does.
Russian ordinary people were disorganized, russian communists were organized.
Estonian ordinary people were organized, estonian communists were less organised.
In Russia Proper, it has always been easier for political machinators to play with the swamp/swing population. It is a result of centuries of design by intention.
??? Designed that way? LOL Politicians here always target the swing states/voters. It sounds pretty normal to me.
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>Be more specific.
Want me to find the link? ;)
You insisted that you joined the communist party, not because you were really communist but for the privileges it brought and that was the only way for anyone to get ahead. Stuff like that.

Location hidden

#329 Jan 16, 2013
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Those are russians in the US, or just posting there.
There is absolutely no historical sense for americans to use "fascists" in place of "nazis".
LOL! You are clueless. Go ask them.

Location hidden

#330 Jan 16, 2013
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then read again my response.
In that answer I did not claim that soviets killed more Polish than than nazis. Many is not more.
<quoted text>
"This" means what you claimed.
"That" means what I claimed.
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/russia/T9670...
The subject was gulags.

Location hidden

#331 Jan 16, 2013
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/K üüditamine
More than 30 000 estonians were deported. That is 3% of the population.
But that does not include illegal conscription into the Red Army in 1940-41. That is another 30 000 or more.
<quoted text>
I gave an example with Estonian stats - did not include illegal conscripts. There are other such omissions. Accounting can be creative and soviets were very creative in that.
<quoted text>
That one.
http://translate.google.com/translate...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#332 Jan 16, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, dragging up is term we use to say we are quitting... There's so much work here if you get a dick boss most people get drag up fever and bail for another job the next day and eventually the company takes the guys white hat away and sets up another dude who hopefully knows how to treat people. The days of cracking the wip and abusing people are gone. The best workers are people treated with dignity and respect, those will work hard and make the management team look good out of mutual respect. Plus it's more and more common to here about someone yelling and screaming at people because of miscommunication and he usually gets his nose broken... Good old life lessons about manners.

Idiot Jackassjay rambles about dignity and respect but, forgets the disgraceful, inhuman, criminal way in which they treat their indigenous population,
typical facking racist nazi hypocrite.

Location hidden

#333 Jan 16, 2013
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>Yes she is, you Turkish twit.

Shut up peasant, you only make yourself look dumb.

Location hidden

#334 Jan 16, 2013
TheRealMagyar wrote:
<quoted text>
The only liar here are the idiot morons and communists, spreading your Ilja Ehrenburg zsidó propaganda. Basszon szájba a veresseggüördög!

Realjackass talking bollocks, as usual. Hehehehehe.
Jay

Sherwood Park, Canada

#335 Jan 17, 2013
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
Idiot Jackassjay rambles about dignity and respect but, forgets the disgraceful, inhuman, criminal way in which they treat their indigenous population,
typical facking racist nazi hypocrite.
Ooh touchy subject. There's a reserve just south of my city called Hobbema it receives free housing and utilities.
When people turn 18 years old they receive from $200,000 -$250,000 lump sum. When I turned 18 I had to work or starve in my time when you turned 18 you received a bill from the provincial government monthly just for having a health care system. Now fact remains that reserves where it's a Indians choice to live on or not have there government supplied finances managed by their very own band council some have their own band police force and traditional penalties. If people chose not to work or educate them selves as Indians have a huge opportunity with free education it's all personal choices. The fact that our country is thriving on natural resources and with standing the recession is from direct results of responsible government. How many other countries do you know of that take care f indigenous people's like Canada. Everywhere else there is no special treatment you work or you starve. Natives are protesting for more money bottom line. It saddens me to see a family get a new house then knock a hole in the bathroom wall for a horse to drink out of it and demand more money. Explain how there is criminal activity. There is no way Indians a small population will govern canada and dictate what the majority will do. It's time to modernize and do away with the "Indian act" and hold band councils responsible with transparency on where the money goes. Did you know in the Tarsands at Suncor & Syncrude giants Indians are offered hiring first and Indian contractors get preference. So explain to me the in humane treatment. Blaming the modern man for conquering North America is getting old fast, how many more years should money just be passed out? Who else on the planet does this.( going to drop some facts or just call me names again?)

“Hello. America? It's me.”

Rostov-na-Donu

#336 Jan 17, 2013
TheRealMagyar wrote:
<quoted text>
The only liar here are the idiot morons and communists, spreading your Ilja Ehrenburg zsidó propaganda. Basszon szájba a veresseggüördög!
I can not see make sense to spend my time on you. You did not answer not one direct question. You can not prove their words. Add a bit to you in Russian, you will understand me.

Zachem ti ludiam mozgi ebiosh? Ti ge prekrasno sam znaesh' chto tvoia propaganda vran'io. Ia ne mogu poniat' zachem vrat'??

Location hidden

#337 Jan 17, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh touchy subject. There's a reserve just south of my city called Hobbema it receives free housing and utilities.
When people turn 18 years old they receive from $200,000 -$250,000 lump sum. When I turned 18 I had to work or starve in my time when you turned 18 you received a bill from the provincial government monthly just for having a health care system. Now fact remains that reserves where it's a Indians choice to live on or not have there government supplied finances managed by their very own band council some have their own band police force and traditional penalties. If people chose not to work or educate them selves as Indians have a huge opportunity with free education it's all personal choices. The fact that our country is thriving on natural resources and with standing the recession is from direct results of responsible government. How many other countries do you know of that take care f indigenous people's like Canada. Everywhere else there is no special treatment you work or you starve. Natives are protesting for more money bottom line. It saddens me to see a family get a new house then knock a hole in the bathroom wall for a horse to drink out of it and demand more money. Explain how there is criminal activity. There is no way Indians a small population will govern canada and dictate what the majority will do. It's time to modernize and do away with the "Indian act" and hold band councils responsible with transparency on where the money goes. Did you know in the Tarsands at Suncor & Syncrude giants Indians are offered hiring first and Indian contractors get preference. So explain to me the in humane treatment. Blaming the modern man for conquering North America is getting old fast, how many more years should money just be passed out? Who else on the planet does this.( going to drop some facts or just call me names again?)

I'm not interested in your excuses, smoke screens and endless crap, to justify your crountries racism, apartheid and criminal social activities practised in your racist country on those poor people.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#338 Jan 17, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
You implied it would take a power vertical to defeat another power vertical because the one LACKING a power vertical does not have the organizational skills necessary to defeat the intruding power vertical.
No, I did NOT imply that. YOU did imply that.
All others besides russians did not need power verticals.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point was why the Russians were unable to defeat the bolsheviks and you said it was because of their lack of organizational skills (which requires a power vertical), which also implies that Estonia and every other country that was able to fight back was in fact a power vertical or they would have been unable to do so.
Your logic is flawed. Read above.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#339 Jan 17, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>But you act like that happened back in the 70's and 80's
It is pretty much the same nowadays - either russian language schools or no schools. And attending the school is mandatory.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Do they have their own tv & radio stations?
No.
They might have some web podcasts, but I guess that 3.5G and 4G Internet is not that common in rural areas around the river Volga.

And mesh networks via OLPC also not that common.
Don't know the adoption rate of smartphones either.
-sunshine wrote:
Small towns here can't afford their own tv or radio stations so I assume there might be other reasons for the mari language being 'suppressed'.
That is really not an excuse. There are multiple tv and radio channels, just not broadcasts in native languages.
-sunshine wrote:
3 hours is way too much if you want to wipe out a language.
What, you speak from experience?
I would be interested to know about your experiences in that.

FYI, any special classes at school as a rule have at least one lesson every day. You don't get proficient with just 2-3 lessons per week. And now factor in different proficiency levels and different vocational specialties.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>3 hours of tv in your native language... they really screwed that up!
You mean the Kremlin screwed it up by allowing so much air time?
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#340 Jan 17, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>???
Speak for yourself, not for khants or mansis or other more than 100 native peoples within the RF.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#341 Jan 17, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>You ARE arguing in circles.
Let the readers decide for themselves. I am quite confident they can make up their own mind.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Which ones? Most people here aren't aware of it and probably aren't bothered by it.
I am not bothered to dig it up at the moment. It is your country.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text> Including you and your parents, right?
There have been no communist party members in my family tree that I know of. Komsomol does not count (and was not included in the stats).
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it all started in St Petersburg?
You have a lot of history to learn.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#342 Jan 17, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
That the number of communists in Russia was inflated after 1917.
The number of communists in Russia was inflated after 1917.
The stats eventually became reliable over the years and decades, but the goals of being a party member changed from ideological to material.

The 120-130 communists in Estonia in the 1930s tell the real base.

In 1940 after the soviet occupation and annexation there were about 900 communists in Estonia and soon soviets had to throw out half of those because of behavioural and "moral" issues.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#343 Jan 17, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
??? Designed that way? LOL Politicians here always target the swing states/voters. It sounds pretty normal to me.
There is nothing normal about it. If you think it is normal, then you have already given up the ideas of democracy.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
You insisted that you joined the communist party
No, YOU insisted that YOU joined the communist party !
I have never been a member of a communist party.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
... not because you were really communist but for the privileges it brought and that was the only way for anyone to get ahead. Stuff like that.
Want to give a reference?
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#344 Jan 17, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! You are clueless. Go ask them.
You are bluffing.

Wiki text explains that within the english language sphere,'fascism' does not equate with 'nazism', but that 'fascism' has a very broad and fuzzy meaning, essentially meaning nothing but an insult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascist_ (insult)

So, sunshine, that brings us to the question, were you trying to insult me when you incorrectly labeled me as 'fascist'?

It is either a soviet/derzhavist russian oldspeak/newspeak or a western vague and fuzzy insult.

The difference is that soviets / derzhavist russians actually believe in it when they accuse somebody as being 'fascist'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 20 min Pro Ukraine 1,494
News Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine (Jun '14) 4 hr UKRAINE in EU 3,954
News Russia's space program in crisis? 6 hr PUTIN MEANS FAILURE 1
News The Secret Money Behind Vladimir Putin's War Ma... 7 hr RUSSIAN COLLAPSE 2
News Russian film on 1968 Prague Spring invasion inf... 7 hr RUSSKI GO HOME 4
News Jewish School Probed for Extremism While Jehova... Tue Maravilla 7
News US sees need to build bridges with Russia - Lavrov Tue LAVROV BEGGING 7
More from around the web