5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia...

5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading Ukraine - Without Going To War

There are 3018 comments on the ThinkProgress story from Mar 1, 2014, titled 5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading Ukraine - Without Going To War. In it, ThinkProgress reports that:

Events in eastern Europe took a dramatic turn on Saturday as the Russian parliament cleared the way for President Vladimir Putin to use force in eastern Ukraine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThinkProgress.

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2659 May 20, 2014
Mmm yeah, I got all my 'friends' in the Czech Republic, the UK and various places in the US to post AT THE SAME TIME.
I can't believe how fckng stupid you are. I mean really! No wonder I don't bother coming here much anymore.

Location hidden

#2660 May 20, 2014
AmericanWoman22 wrote:
I really do think it is possible for Russia to invade the U.S. We are not invincible and have actually grown far too dependent on other nations, which is the fault of our own crappy leadership in the White House over the past few decades.
Why would they invade? They are more likely to nuke us out of existence than invade.
Anyway, we have oceans on either side of us which protect us from any invasion. Plus, it is a pretty big country. On the other hand, there are a lot A LOT of Polak fifth columnists here. Dumb Polaks, but it doesn't take a whole lot upstairs to point & shoot a gun! OK 90% would probably shoot themselves in the foot, but still!

Location hidden

#2661 May 20, 2014
ASIAN Gift wrote:
<quoted text>FYI Did you know US is Militaristic Neo_imperialist WORLD BULLY, WORLD WAR MONGER, WORLD MASS MURDERER, WORLD PLUNDERER....
Are you saying that to discourage the Russians from invading??

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2662 May 20, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that to discourage the Russians from invading??

Enjoy.
See if you can recommend a good site to post for Dimitri, how to tell time. Thanks.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#2663 May 20, 2014
ASIAN Gift wrote:
<quoted text>FYI Did you know US is Militaristic Neo_imperialist WORLD BULLY, WORLD WAR MONGER, WORLD MASS MURDERER, WORLD PLUNDERER....
Yes I do realize this. I truly wish that things would change for the better in an opposite fashion from what the United States has historically and traditionally done, but those in charge are too psychopathic I suppose to do that. When all is said and done though, I was born and raised in the US so I guess I have no choice but to deal with how it is here since most people won't stand up for their rights either.

Location hidden

#2664 May 20, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Why would they invade? They are more likely to nuke us out of existence than invade.
Anyway, we have oceans on either side of us which protect us from any invasion. Plus, it is a pretty big country. On the other hand, there are a lot A LOT of Polak fifth columnists here. Dumb Polaks, but it doesn't take a whole lot upstairs to point & shoot a gun! OK 90% would probably shoot themselves in the foot, but still!
There are several reasons for invasion, such as taking natural resources or simply to conquer land. I think that too many people in the US underestimate the power of other nations and end up getting hurt. Look at what happened in the Vietnam War.
Knight Hospitaller

Georgia

#2665 May 20, 2014
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Georgia is going to help Russia when its budget gets into difficulties. hahahahaha
Do not worry about that, as Georgian taxpayer I can assure you that Georgian budget is not dependent on Gas prices or government monopoly.
As for Russian budget, you will see the effects of sanctions and loss of Gas revenues very soon. Then we will see how Putin will finance his invasions and puppet regimes.
Knight Hospitaller

Georgia

#2666 May 20, 2014
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone interested to know how Nazi USA helped Nazi Germany create concentration camps such as Auschwitz, gas chambers and munitions factories???
Google.....The Nazi-American Money Plot 1933-1939...
You will be surprised at what you will find. Hehehehehe.
I have already responded to that. One more point...It was USSR nor US which signed official agreements with Germany, including one in 1939...
Anonymous

East Hartford, CT

#2667 May 20, 2014
7 by killing themselves
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#2668 May 20, 2014
So how many accounts do you have now?
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#2669 May 20, 2014
AmericanWoman22 wrote;

Yes I do realize this. I truly wish that things would change for the better in an opposite fashion from what the United States has historically and traditionally done, but those in charge are too psychopathic I suppose to do that. When all is said and done though, I was born and raised in the US so I guess I have no choice but to deal with how it is here since most people won't stand up for their rights either.
----------

So how many Russian men have pounded you into the mattress?

You a Chimper by any chance?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2670 May 20, 2014
Pesky army wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Q7fi9G0BiTEXX
Enjoy.
See if you can recommend a good site to post for Dimitri, how to tell time. Thanks.
To idiot Pesky army the ignorant prawn...Sticks...SWG...Yep.

I told you before, every time you open your ignorant gob, you make a fool of yourself.

"Yep, yaps his ignorant trash as usual, what an idiot prawn. Hehehehe.

You are such an ignorant fool Yep, do us all a favour, keep your stupid mouth shut, that's a good boy. Hehehehe.

Just like most Americans, cowards, arrogant, nasty, brainwashed and pig ignorant.

Hehehehehe.

Location hidden

#2671 May 20, 2014
Knight Hospitaller wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already responded to that. One more point...It was USSR nor US which signed official agreements with Germany, including one in 1939...
Anyone interested to know how Nazi USA helped Nazi Germany create concentration camps such as Auschwitz, gas chambers and munitions factories???

Google.....The Nazi-American Money Plot 1933-1939...

You will be surprised at what you will find...Hehehehehe.

Location hidden

#2672 May 20, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
AmericanWoman22 wrote;
----------
So how many Russian men have pounded you into the mattress?
You a Chimper by any chance?
LOL. I have actually never meant a Russian man, I was just being sarcastic about how some of the polls that are putting down Russians are pretty stupid. And what the heck is a Chimper? I have no idea what that is....define it for me please.

Location hidden

#2673 May 20, 2014
AmericanWoman22 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I have actually never meant a Russian man, I was just being sarcastic about how some of the polls that are putting down Russians are pretty stupid. And what the heck is a Chimper? I have no idea what that is....define it for me please.

That is very well said, indeed.

I like your style.

Location hidden

#2674 May 20, 2014
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
That is very well said, indeed.
I like your style.
Thank you Dimitri. Some of these people on here just don't realize that they just make themselves look immature when trying to put other countries and cultures down by making ridiculous poll questions.

Location hidden

#2675 May 20, 2014
AmericanWoman22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Dimitri. Some of these people on here just don't realize that they just make themselves look immature when trying to put other countries and cultures down by making ridiculous poll questions.
You're welcome AW22.

You're right on the points you make, please understand that, in my opinion there are a lot of good, decent, honest Americans.

The only people I disagree with, are such people like those to whom you refer and USA's foreign policy.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#2676 May 20, 2014
AmericanWoman22 wrote:
I really do think it is possible for Russia to invade the U.S. We are not invincible and have actually grown far too dependent on other nations, which is the fault of our own crappy leadership in the White House over the past few decades.
I don't Understand the fear factor or controversy of it all. Russia invading USA? The world had a flood; people were estranged and exiled from family groups when the nations were being rebuilt, TO THIS DAY we are STILL looking for those DNA links and testing middle earth and surface soil for DNA matches. RUssia a bunch of taller white men invading USA that have a verticle posture and ask the woman to be a woman and takes her pie to the local fair for a chance of $500,000 win on it or her quilt. HUM I think I would be afraid to be with such a man, someone that tells me to wash before cooking or intercourse, and we cant have intercourse for play it must be for procreation with comprehension as to why it is a volitle necessity of comprehending human life before creating human life, A man to teach me how to be a HUMAN BEING not just a wife, OH GOD IS RUSSIA INVADING or intervening YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK. A MAN that says that treasure is not safe the men must weed thru it first 100 men go in for your treasure find and the monster ate 98 but out of some freak of nature that one of the two happens to be your RUssian husband that taught you how to pray to keep him safe during his journeys. NO AMERICA could not benefit from Russian assistance. And they were not Russians, They were a bunch of people like any other nation trying to pick up after a storm fighting sea sickness, mental delusions, Multiple Sclerosis A bug found in the feces of a Seahorse Sear urchin found in a underground chamber in the middle of the sea(cousin to a sea monkey). Lost and estranged form their nations and families like everyone else. Hell of a disaster back in history.

And you people as Americans I hated this as a child living in USA and I am grass roots American, family Transported to calm flora and fauna and Nature and Time, as a result my families BLOOD matched the very soil components of middle Earth Wisconsin USA. YOU DON't Know who you are refuse a RED CROSS DNA test to your parents, refuse to sue your parents in court to mandate paternity tests, refuse to live with real family as they may not like you and don't want to take the chance and when your real family dies before you YOU YOU YOU Are up on MURDER CHARGES for not finding your real family and protecting them as a human being and went of a Alias life and name instead. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ANY NATIONS MILITARY would have you on consentration camps deported all your family in one big warming tent and if you fight Your not going to live. It is not worthy for anyone to marry yoru family no financial gain as a unity no interest no publicity no matrimony desires as all families want to unify and marry into a well established family that co-exisits and assists so employment is parttime for all and we co-share our harvest and designs and clothes are made by whoever can put a pattern together. More gifts, more money asisstence and travel by protection of bulk. Who teaches those matrimonial or human ethics, RUssians trying to find their DNA links and being important to them.
Purely Canadian

Spruce Grove, Canada

#2677 May 20, 2014
AmericanWoman22 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several reasons for invasion, such as taking natural resources or simply to conquer land. I think that too many people in the US underestimate the power of other nations and end up getting hurt. Look at what happened in the Vietnam War.
That's just it. It's impossible to boost the morale of an army, and instill confidence, when they know they've been duped into murdering innocent people under false pretenses. just so blood thirsty bankers and corrupt government can rake in the $$$. What really amazes me, is how our governments treat these men and woman when they do come home...like dirt!

Our governments should be held accountable for their crimes, and one day, it's going to happen!

Location hidden

#2678 May 20, 2014
Jaimie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't Understand the fear factor or controversy of it all. Russia invading USA? The world had a flood; people were estranged and exiled from family groups when the nations were being rebuilt, TO THIS DAY we are STILL looking for those DNA links and testing middle earth and surface soil for DNA matches. RUssia a bunch of taller white men invading USA that have a verticle posture and ask the woman to be a woman and takes her pie to the local fair for a chance of $500,000 win on it or her quilt. HUM I think I would be afraid to be with such a man, someone that tells me to wash before cooking or intercourse, and we cant have intercourse for play it must be for procreation with comprehension as to why it is a volitle necessity of comprehending human life before creating human life, A man to teach me how to be a HUMAN BEING not just a wife, OH GOD IS RUSSIA INVADING or intervening YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK. A MAN that says that treasure is not safe the men must weed thru it first 100 men go in for your treasure find and the monster ate 98 but out of some freak of nature that one of the two happens to be your RUssian husband that taught you how to pray to keep him safe during his journeys. NO AMERICA could not benefit from Russian assistance. And they were not Russians, They were a bunch of people like any other nation trying to pick up after a storm fighting sea sickness, mental delusions, Multiple Sclerosis A bug found in the feces of a Seahorse Sear urchin found in a underground chamber in the middle of the sea(cousin to a sea monkey). Lost and estranged form their nations and families like everyone else. Hell of a disaster back in history.
And you people as Americans I hated this as a child living in USA and I am grass roots American, family Transported to calm flora and fauna and Nature and Time, as a result my families BLOOD matched the very soil components of middle Earth Wisconsin USA. YOU DON't Know who you are refuse a RED CROSS DNA test to your parents, refuse to sue your parents in court to mandate paternity tests, refuse to live with real family as they may not like you and don't want to take the chance and when your real family dies before you YOU YOU YOU Are up on MURDER CHARGES for not finding your real family and protecting them as a human being and went of a Alias life and name instead. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ANY NATIONS MILITARY would have you on consentration camps deported all your family in one big warming tent and if you fight Your not going to live. It is not worthy for anyone to marry yoru family no financial gain as a unity no interest no publicity no matrimony desires as all families want to unify and marry into a well established family that co-exisits and assists so employment is parttime for all and we co-share our harvest and designs and clothes are made by whoever can put a pattern together. More gifts, more money asisstence and travel by protection of bulk. Who teaches those matrimonial or human ethics, RUssians trying to find their DNA links and being important to them.
I have to admit that your posting had me rather lost because I don't know what DNA and floods had to do with what I was saying. My point is that any nation, not just Russia, could actually invade the US if they wanted to. Heck for all I know China might do just that....in a way they already have since we borrow money from them all the time. The final point that I was making also is that too many people in the US think that we are untouchable while in reality we are just as vulnerable as anyone else on the globe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russia Stirs Friction in Balkans, as NATO Keeps... 10 hr just a guy i knew 1
News REVEALED: Russia's secret plot to - ASSASSINATE... 10 hr just a guy i knew 1
News Poland Hails Pence's Russia Stance and Seeks Mo... 10 hr just a guy i knew 1
News Wife of Russian dissident blames Kremlin for hu... 10 hr just a guy i knew 4
The Russians are turning on Trump 10 hr just a guy i knew 1
News Finger pointed at Russians in alleged coup plot... 13 hr Teddy 1,886
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 15 hr ENTER 6,469
More from around the web