Pussy Riot urges pols to speak out in...

Pussy Riot urges pols to speak out in Sochi

There are 34 comments on the Tri-cityherald.com story from Jan 31, 2014, titled Pussy Riot urges pols to speak out in Sochi. In it, Tri-cityherald.com reports that:

Appearing in Amsterdam during their world speaking tour, Maria Alekhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova said Friday that Russian President Vladimir Putin "can be influenced by foreign political pressure" - but only statements made in public.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tri-cityherald.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 31, 2014
Related stories:

Coke defends arrest of gay Russian human rights advocate - Americablog, 23 January 2014

http://americablog.com/2014/01/coke-issues-st...

Gay Russian protester detained at Olympic torch relay - Associated Press, 18 January 2014

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics...

Was Coke implicated in Olympic arrest of rainbow flag-waving gay Russian?- AmericaBlog, 18 January 2014

http://americablog.com/2014/01/coke-implicate...

Putin: Gay rights protesters won't face prosecution during Olympics - Washington Blade, 19 January 2014

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2014/01/19/put...
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#2 Feb 1, 2014
Why would gays protest against the Olympics?
What are gays protesting against?

Sochi Olympics 2014 are for everybody, including for gays.

People take it that gays protesting against expensive Olympics.

But people of the world don't think so because people just want to see great Sochi Olympic programs AND ACTIVITIES, WHILE GAYS ARE STANDING IN THE WAY

If gays want to protest against Russia, or Putin, they had better take it after Olympics.

Global free markets have no time for gays making nuisance to people's enjoyment of Sochi 2014 Olympic time.
mr bean

Huntington, WV

#4 Feb 18, 2014
flunk em
g27region

Khabarovsk, Russia

#5 Feb 18, 2014
What is anti-gay laws about?
It doesn't allow propaganda of gay life style among people under 18. That's it
Nobody incarcerate gay people or something, there's no discrimination on that level. Mater fact, we have few gay celebrities here. Some states in America have more strict laws towards gays.
These complains about gay people in Russia, photos of "awful" conditions in Sochi - it's all just media war against Russia, and I don't blame nobody for that - politic game is like a chess. If American media depict Russia in that way, then they have some political reason for that.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 19, 2014
g27region wrote:
What is anti-gay laws about?
It doesn't allow propaganda of gay life style among people under 18. That's it
Nobody incarcerate gay people or something, there's no discrimination on that level. Mater fact, we have few gay celebrities here. Some states in America have more strict laws towards gays.
These complains about gay people in Russia, photos of "awful" conditions in Sochi - it's all just media war against Russia, and I don't blame nobody for that - politic game is like a chess. If American media depict Russia in that way, then they have some political reason for that.
if that were all, it would be fine. But that is NOT what it is being used for.
alexandre

Athens, Greece

#7 Feb 20, 2014
The pu ssy riots are criminals who have defamed a Christian church. They belong in jail. Russia is a very democratic country and they only got a soft sentence and now they are free. Now they want to disrupt the Sochi games and they should be swiftly punished for it! Russia should make it clear that depraved women who try to terrorize innocent tourists will be harshly beaten up and locked up in a cage like the dirty animals that they are!!!!
~A~

Location hidden

#8 Feb 20, 2014
alexandre wrote:
The pu ssy riots are criminals who have defamed a Christian church. They belong in jail. Russia is a very democratic country and they only got a soft sentence and now they are free. Now they want to disrupt the Sochi games and they should be swiftly punished for it! Russia should make it clear that depraved women who try to terrorize innocent tourists will be harshly beaten up and locked up in a cage like the dirty animals that they are!!!!
~A~
What actually did they do?
Canuck

Canora, Canada

#9 Feb 20, 2014
alexandre wrote:
~A~
Well said!
Excellent post.
lmfao

United States

#10 Feb 20, 2014
I say lock them up fk em

Location hidden

#11 Feb 20, 2014
lmfao wrote:
I say lock them up fk em
For what?
Oliver Cromwell

Preston, UK

#12 Feb 20, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
For what?
Well, in the past they had an orgy in a Museum full of people also one masturbated with a frozen chicken in a crowded supermarket with children present,those Bitches are depraved,then they informed the media they were going to pull something in Sochi,they got a good whipping instead,they probably enjoyed the whipping.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 20, 2014
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> Well, in the past they had an orgy in a Museum full of people also one masturbated with a frozen chicken in a crowded supermarket with children present,those Bitches are depraved,then they informed the media they were going to pull something in Sochi,they got a good whipping instead,they probably enjoyed the whipping.
Got vid links?
Jay

Edmonton, Canada

#14 Feb 20, 2014
alexandre wrote:
~A~
Its tyrant attitudes like yours that make this world full of hate. Their music sucks, their point is simple highlighting Putins police state regime and the all the oppression he brings to Russia and surrounding areas like Ukraine. Beating those women and arresting them is the most damaging images possible from the Olympics. Horse whipping girls in 2014 is savage and helps remind the whole world what Putins about. Thank you pussy riot your point was received loud and clear now if only Russians could match the courage of Ukrainians you would have new opportunities with law and order and wealth divided by merit not KGB or FSB connections.
alexandre

Athens, Greece

#15 Feb 20, 2014
The pu ssy riots are just trying to get more attention so they can sell more albums and make more $$$. That's the only way they can sell and become famous as their music is sh- ty. But idoits like you can't understand. They were rightfully whipped and I believe that you should be whipped too Jay.
~A~
Jay

Edmonton, Canada

#16 Feb 21, 2014
alexandre wrote:
The pu ssy riots are just trying to get more attention so they can sell more albums and make more $$$. That's the only way they can sell and become famous as their music is sh- ty. But idoits like you can't understand. They were rightfully whipped and I believe that you should be whipped too Jay.
~A~
Thanks for letting me know your mentality level again. If your Russian blood thinks violence is the answer, you will never truly know peace. As for horse whipping my ass thanks but no thanks I'm not into kinky shit like that. Recall I'm Canadian if you tried to whip me I'd pick you off with a hockey puck, drink a cold beer then go back to the tv to watch canada beat Russia for the women's ice hockey gold!!! EH!!
Jay

Edmonton, Canada

#17 Feb 21, 2014
Main point the entire world saw the Russian authorities horse whip and man handle those ladies. It brings back memories of the slave trade and similar way slaves had been beaten into submission. Obviously free speech does not exist in Russia and authorities are above the law. Nothing last forever friend, in our lifetime the FSB will loose its grasp and Putins party will fall and crumble like the Soviet Union. People will have enough eventually and rise up demanding far elections. When I saw Russian tanks fire on the Kremlin and Russian soldiers kill Russians 20 plus years ago ( the video is still on live leak ) the world knew Russia was changing but had no idea high ranking KGB men would carve the wealth of the country for themselves, corruption and crime will be replaced one day with prosperity the image Putin gives Russia is bad. Attendance was terrible at the Olympics but hey the rich ex-KGB guys loved how they milked the people out of 50 plus billion to build up their back yard vacation area, real nice.
g27region

Khabarovskaya, Russia

#18 Feb 21, 2014
Cossack organizations, they're independent and they do what they want to do, so what happened to these girls have absolutely nothing with government. Yeah, that was messed up but you putting that blame on wrong people and talking like Putin personally whipped these girls, that's laughable. And don't tell nothing about whole Ukranian thing, because you probably misinformed over there in Canada, and I know a lot of people in Ukraine and Kiev personally who can tell you that those people who involved in Maidan are criminals. Matter of fact, they turned beautiful city into a war zone, where shootings is everyday routine and don't act like it wasn't revealed on tape who's behind that. You want something like that in Russia? No, thanks, I'm living comfortably and I don't want to see shootings and mass murders in my city. Yeah, corruption is exists in Russia, since fall of USSR and 90's it's hard to get rid of it. But I guess, America don't have corruption at all so you're guys kinda deserved to tell us what is wrong and what is right, yeah?
g27region

Khabarovskaya, Russia

#19 Feb 21, 2014
I'm surprised that you basically said "violence is not the answer". I thought supporter of regime that justified NATO bombings of Yugoslavia and bullying of Middle East countries would say otherwise
g27region

Khabarovskaya, Russia

#20 Feb 21, 2014
And the last thing...

"It brings back memories of the slave trade and similar way slaves had been beaten into submission"

Sure, it brings back those memories for you. Americans can teach us a thing or two about slave trade.:)
Oliver Cromwell

Preston, UK

#21 Feb 21, 2014
g27region wrote:
Cossack organizations, they're independent and they do what they want to do, so what happened to these girls have absolutely nothing with government. Yeah, that was messed up but you putting that blame on wrong people and talking like Putin personally whipped these girls, that's laughable. And don't tell nothing about whole Ukranian thing, because you probably misinformed over there in Canada, and I know a lot of people in Ukraine and Kiev personally who can tell you that those people who involved in Maidan are criminals. Matter of fact, they turned beautiful city into a war zone, where shootings is everyday routine and don't act like it wasn't revealed on tape who's behind that. You want something like that in Russia? No, thanks, I'm living comfortably and I don't want to see shootings and mass murders in my city. Yeah, corruption is exists in Russia, since fall of USSR and 90's it's hard to get rid of it. But I guess, America don't have corruption at all so you're guys kinda deserved to tell us what is wrong and what is right, yeah?
Wall street is corruption central.end of story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Finger pointed at Russians in alleged coup plot... 21 min Teddy 1,238
News 13 Times Russian Hackers Sabotaged Clinton's Pr... 1 hr West 11th 353
News Is Russia conspiring to put Donald Trump in the... 2 hr Trump your President 211
News Russia's top 20 lies about Ukraine (Jun '14) 3 hr Tm Cln 5,266
News Former CIA Chief: Trump is 'Moscow's Useful Idiot' 10 hr LOCK HIM UP 163
News Ukraine seeks 'clarity' from Canada on continua... Mon CANADA LOVES UKRAINE 1
News Senator McCain says U.S. stands with Ukraine ag... Mon George 172
More from around the web