Fashion retailer Inditex continues its expansion on the Romanian...

Mar 7, 2012 Full story: Balkans.com 16

Fashion retailer Inditex continues its expansion on the local market by opening a Zara store in Sibiu today, informs Ziarul Financiar.

Full Story
Catalina

Romania

#1 May 3, 2012
Inditex Romania take bad decision for its workers in the stores. Our salary are low and even now they reduce our salaries. I know Paul Cuza from New Life in Constanta. He seem to me to be very unprepared for management job then.
Paul Cuza

Romania

#2 May 3, 2012
Paul Cuza
Cuza Paul

Bucharest, Romania

#3 May 14, 2012
Expansion

Bucharest, Romania

#4 May 15, 2012
Now after they cut our salaries it is obvious they have more money for expansion ! To us they complain they dont make enough profit . Nadina Benea is a liar
Gicuta

Bucharest, Romania

#5 May 18, 2012
According to the professional profile, the manager Paul Cuza is an engineer, graduate of the Technical University “Gheorghe Asachi” from Iaşi, Romania. He started his career at Rom West Euro SRL from Tulcea, where he used to distribute Chupa Chups and Aquafresh toothpaste.

Paul Cuza left the GIMROM Group when he was hired by the company New Life Drugstore SRL (former New Pharm Europe SRL) in the position of Commercial Manager, responsible with sales of the New Life chain in Romania. During that period, at general management level, the New Life chain of stores was leaded by the Israeli citizen Gad Danker, while the sales part was taken care of by Paul Cuza. Finally, business turned out to be tragic, New Life Drugstore being declared bankrupt in August 2009, under the incidence of the Law 85/2006 regarding the insolvency procedure. At the moment of collapse, the Manager Paul Cuza had already left the ship New Life, being hired at Douglas Parfumerie, which, starting 2007, initiated its expansion on the Romanian market.

Even if the Company Douglas, owned by the Dutch Holding Douglas Investment BV, seemed to be more stable, the figures resulted under the management of Mr. Cuza proved otherwise. Therefore, in 2007, the Company Douglas Parfumerie registered losses of RON 909,270, and in 2008 other losses of RON 1,677,986. Afer a year of maximum economic boom, in 2009, Douglas declares profit for the first time, but the following year the figures drop again, from RON 1,585,000 to RON 884,368.
Gicuta

Bucharest, Romania

#6 May 18, 2012
The management, theft and losses give headaches to the Spanish group INDITEX, the owner of the ZARA chain. Only 10 months before, on July 25th, 2011, the publication Ziarul Financiar announced the fact that “INDITEX takes the manager from the Douglas perfumeries” pointing at Paul Cuza, who previously had the function of General Manager for Parfumerie Douglas SRL. Currently, the Romanian INDITEX group performs salary and structural changes without precedent, which the management team from Bucharest, Romania doesn’t want to explain.
Roxana

Bucharest, Romania

#7 May 18, 2012
Unfortunately, despite of massive investments INDITEX group has a very bad management in Bucharest. Company sources declares that general manager Paul Cuza is a real mess,because of its poor training in management.
NADINA Benea

Bucharest, Romania

#8 May 18, 2012
Georgeta

Bucharest, Romania

#9 May 19, 2012
I earned more money this month! It depends where you work. In a good store you get more, in a bad store you get less. The same sistem was used few years ago in Plaza and there are people that are still working in Zara. This sistem is working everywhere, Austira, Italia, Germania,Bulgaria. I know that in april they started in Bulgaria so it is a central decission...
Constantin

Bucharest, Romania

#10 May 22, 2012
I propose that salaries of Paul Cuza and Nadina Benea would be calculated based on the sales in Bacau. Maybe this way they will find out how profitable it is.

Inditex can apply this sistem everywhere but it depends on how they do it. I agree with the variable comission , but :
1. Insert it into the contract ( not just promisses over the phone or email )
2. Apply it in a matter that is resonable. When you work just as much but get a smaller salary , it is not resonable.

Does Paul Cuza know how much money we make as "staff" ???

In Plaza , from what I know , there are people that will continue to work there even if you stop paying their salaries ! Any idea why ?
Cuza

Bucharest, Romania

#11 May 22, 2012
They reduced salaries and Paul Cuza received a brand new BMW X5 ???
http://www.dezvaluiri.ro/investigatii/ancheta...
For Georgeta

Bucharest, Romania

#12 May 22, 2012
If it is a central decision why Inditex doesn't give us salaries like in Germany ?

There were central decisions too in Inditex during Lucian's management but he always made his best to avoid conflicts. He always considered himself responsable for all Inditex employees and he was on our side.

If you ask me Inditex could avoid this scandal with salaries if someone from Romania take our side ! But I think they bought him the BMW X5 with the money he promised to reduce from our lousy salaries. A lot of good people are already looking for jobs online to leave for competition.

All this because Paul Cuza is an idiot, not because of the central decision.
Marian

Bucharest, Romania

#13 May 24, 2012
Inditex should bring Lucian Dorobantu back. Many decisions taken by the new management leaded to conflicts. There are rumors that Paul Cuza checks without permission the email addresses of Inditex employees and I am sure that all the problems that happened lately are because of his fault.
There are a lot of things going on inside Inditex Romania and his efforts of drawing attention and creating conflicts with the employees and others are not smart all.

It is interesting that nobody sais what he did as Country Manager of Douglas Parfumerie...
Articles

Romania

#14 May 27, 2012
Thank you Mr Paul Cuza

Bucharest, Romania

#15 May 28, 2012
Va mulțumim ca existati in viața noastră. Va mulțumim ca ne-ați adus aminte ca nu suntem oameni ci slugi corporatiste menite sa tragem la jugul oamenilor care va cumpara Domniei Voastre mașini scumpe si hoteluri de 5 stele prin Constanța. Ziceau colegii ca ați avut apartament pa Vega. Noua ne pare rău sa stiți ca v-ați chinuit atâta.Îmi imaginez cat de greu v-a fost sa nu aibe la Vega penthouse ! L-ați fi meritat cu prisosinta.

Va mulțumim deasemenea si pentru Pizza aia de 8 lei bucata pe care ne-ați servit-o la deschidere ca la câini pe casa centrala. E de înțeles decizia , pana la venirea Domniei Voastre primeam pauze de masa la deschideri si se organiza câte o masa pe undeva si pentru sclavi. Dar e bine ca ne-ați calmat , prea incepusem sa avem impresia ca suntem apreciati si noi ca oameni.

Va mulțumesc ca ne-ați trezit la realitate.

Zicea Bogdan Scrob ca de Revelion ați fost prin Bahamas parca. Măcar o vedere pe email sa ne fi trimis si noua , astia care muncim cu ora ca sa creștem productivitatea companiei sa va puteți face concediului tot acolo si pe viitor si poate va schimbati si X5- ul. E cam demodat pentru nivelul Dumneavoastră de Mare Conducator.

Si sa știți in final ca eu cred ca sunt cam mare comisioanele variabile. Riscati sa fie vreunul mulțumit si sa si-o ia in cap sa creadă ca e apreciat de conducere. Va rugam așadar , data viitoare sa acționati mai in forța.

Cu aprecieri pentru Marele Conducator ,

Sclava Isaura.

PS : Rad unii ca ați fost vânzător de Chupa Chups. Eu as fi curios dacă măcar acolo ați făcut planul.
Good bye

Romania

#16 May 29, 2012
There are rumors that because of the serious management errors Inditex will replace Paul Cuza very soon.

If its true or not we will see but since all Inditex employees in Romania criticize him it would be a wise decision and it would show that we deserved something better than this country manager who is completly unqualified for this type of jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Famous bands and singers play Romania in 2012 (Jan '13) 14 hr TheAfroHedgehog 2
Why all neighbours hate Romania? (Jun '10) 22 hr Hungarian 101 285
Nikola Tesla - was Romanian - SERBIAN FRAUD EXP... (Dec '12) Jan 22 PROUD TO BE SERB 78
Romania is a shthole Jan 22 Edward Teach 1
Romanian language is an bad spoken Albanian (Nov '08) Jan 22 Qifteli 171
Romanian who claimed he invented world's 1st je... Jan 20 SpaceBlues 1
Dating romanian men :) (Mar '13) Jan 20 Tolo 31
More from around the web